Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• srynsryn Member Posts: 29
    Thanks. Further, being in Texas, the sales/use tax factor doesn't apply. In Texas, you pay sales tax on the full capitalized cost/purchase price regardless of whether you lease or buy. As you alluded, when it comes to leasing, most states only have you paying a use tax on the amount of your monthly payment (rent).
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi colonote. The formula that is used to calculate lease payments is outlined in the following informative Edmunds.com article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know the details of the current A6 lease program? It looks like the money factor is still .00018. And by my calculation from the numbers in the Audi ad, the residual is 48% for 10,000 miles. Anyone have different information?

Also, I can't figure out what kind of cash Audi is offering. Is the $2,500 still in play?

Thanks.
  • gjsctcgjsctc Member Posts: 9
    Not sure if you should wiat but i would guess they wil contunue the incentives since the new 09 will be out in December and they are still taking orders for the 08.
  • colonotecolonote Member Posts: 7
    Just took delivery of my leased A6 Quattro. My process: Got the Audi lease deal info from Audi website; got the lease input numbers (money factor, residual and incentives) from this forum; called the fleet/internet managers of 4 dealers and let them know I owned 2 prior A6s, was a serious buyer and wanted a cap cost based on +/- Invoice, not MSRP. I didn't discuss options or color, since the successful dealer may have to trade with another dealer for the A6 I wanted -- and that dealer won't let go of the car if he knew it matched my preferences.
    One only wanted to talk discount off MSRP- so he's done. Without negotiation, one offered $500 under invoice, another $1,200 under and the third $2,000 under -- which would have given the dealership $500 profit + holdback, with no tire kicking. So I went with that dealer. He had to trade another dealer for the car I wanted.
    For my own education, I asked the manager to compare my lease rate with the Audi promo lease deal. Turns out that, after adding options to the Audi promo car to match mine, my negotiated deal was only about $10-15/month cheaper than the Audi promo deal, with same equipment. The manager told me that's because Audi requires the dealer to take a profit cut on the promo lease deal.
    So if you don't want to bother with 30 minutes of comparison calls just tell the dealer you want the Audi lease promo deal (ends July 1). Three caveats:
    - Per the website, all dealers do not participate in that lease deal;
    -The promo deal is a "basic" A6 Quattro, and not too many dealers order a basic Quattro, so there'll probably be additional options on the available cars. You should try to get the options at Invoice, not MSRP. And color selection may be limited.
    Hope this helps and thanks for this forum.
    PS: Homelink can now be ordered separate from the expensive package.
  • hipohipo Member Posts: 4
    ytka98, your cap cost is significantly lower than invoice minus all the incentives. Can you please tell which dealer you used?

Tnx
  • mishmash1mishmash1 Member Posts: 16
    I believe that car was not a quattro look at the msrp.
  • hipohipo Member Posts: 4
    Car_man & Kyfdx,
    I'm getting mixed messages regarding the June residuals for Audi A6. Do you know the numbers for 3yrs/30k miles, 3yrs/36k miles and 3yrs/45k miles?

I was able to confirm the $2500 incentive and 0.43% MF.

Thanks!
  • jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    In 2004, when I "bought" my A6, the dealership convinced me to buy with a balloon note rather than lease. The numbers worked out slightly better. I had to pay the whole sales tax up front, but I avoided the acquisition and turn in fees. At the time, Audi had a highly subsidized finance rate, and I was able to get it either way.

I'm on the verge of replacing the car, and I'm wondering if that's still true. Does anyone know if Audi is offering comparable incentives on the premium purchase to those it's offering on the lease?

I case anyone wonders why I prefer the premium purchase, there is one big advantage to the program (which apparently isn't available everywhere). If you want to buy the car at the end of the term, Audi will extend the subsidized financing to cover the balloon note. At current rates (less than 1%) that's a great option to have.

Thanks.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jpdc. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A6 Sedan 3.2 with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00018 and 48%, respectively. Audi is still providing a $2,500 loyalty cash incentive on leases of this car to current owners and lessees. It is also waiving the first month's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new A6, colonote (which is a really nice car btw). Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hipo. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 45%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    I am a USAA member so I get the car at 1000 under invoice plus any incentives.

I'm also a USAA member but don't understand what that has to do with getting the car $1000 under invoice. Can you explain? I'd love to get in on that deal...
  • kirby2010kirby2010 Member Posts: 136
    Good information here but I still have a question. I'm looking at an '08 A6 with premium and nav. Sticker is a bit over $54K. I will likely trade my '01 2.7T w/6-speed. (I really like this car - it's been maintained religiously and always garaged.) Anyway, I was on-line looking and the trade in is about $8,800. If I go with 12,000 miles what can I expect for a monthly payment?
  • adikaadika Member Posts: 6
    Audi A6 3.2 quatro
    Audi car care
    Ipod
    Premium package
    15 K
    36 months
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: capitalized within lease contract ($575)
    First month's payment: $0
    Taxes, title and dealer fees:2900.00
    Monthly payment:590.00
    Exterior Color: Black
    Interior Color: Silver
    The best experience ever- Dealership : Paul Miller in Parsipany,NJ
    Name of salesman: contact me via e-mail :blush:
  • carriestycarriesty Member Posts: 1
    Currently have an Audi A4 2.0. My lease is due in September. I was in the dealership yesterday to see if my boys car seats would fit in the back seat of the Audi A6. They did! I ended up with the show room Audi A6. This is what I got:
    Not sure if it is a good deal.

Audi A6 3.2 with Prem package, DVD Navi system, Milano Leather, IPod, Lojack, paint warranty and Audi Care.

MSRP: $51,065
    Invoice: $47,556
    Cap cost: $45,249
    3 years
    10 K
    Down: $4419
    Monthly payment: $508 (+ CA tax)
    Residual: 48%
    Money Factor quoted at .00018
    They paid off the remainder of my Audi A4 lease

Did I get an okay deal? I was planning on taking the Audi A6 summer lease at %599, no money down, but it did not come with all the bells and whistles like the one I currently have. It is a beautiful car.
  • sf415sf415 Member Posts: 1
    hello-

newbie here looking to get some advice or thoughts on an audi i'm thinking of leasing. stopped by the dealer to look into leasing an audi a6 quattro. this is the car:

audi a6 3.2 quattro
    cold weather package
    premium package
    technology package
    navigation
    ipod
    lane assist
    sports suspension
    automatic sunshades

MSRP 57,965
    invoice 54,400
    price before conquest/loyalty incentive 55,732
    price after ccnquest/loyalty incentive 53,232
    price that i was quoted is $843 per month for 36 months (first month is paid by Audi) - this includes CA sales tax already)

terms of lease:
    36 mos
    10,000 miles per year
    residual 48%
    rate 0.00068 (i see a lot of 0.00018 posted, and asked about that, but the sales person said that since i was getting the $2500 conquest/loyalty incentive from audi finacial, i couldn't get that rate)
    no down payment, first month payment is paid by Audi (audi summer sales event that ends july 2, 2008)

the dealer also told me that if i add audi cares, it would only be $3 extra per month (is that true?)

does this sound about right, or do i just have a "naive" sticker plastered across my forehead?

any feedback would be great!! thanks in advance!
  • wtywty Member Posts: 4
    Adika,

How do I reach you by email?
  • crmgrcrmgr Member Posts: 6
    The loyalty incentive and money factor are not tied together. Dealer can bump rate for a back-end fee.

Just came off of an A6 lease and priced a new A6. Most of the equipment you ordered with a few variations. MSRP was $57,165.00 with invoice of $53,648.00. With loyalty incentive and adding Audi Care cap cost came to $52,298. Financing the bank fee and dealer doc fee brought it to $53,123.00. Money factor was .00018 and payment without tax came to $759.49 and with tax $807.37. This was for a 36 month 15,000 mile a year lease. Adding Audi Care to the cap cost adds 1% to the residual, so it's pretty much a wash on anything over $53,000.00.

You may want to price the same auto at another dealer and see what they come up with on the financing end.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    Anyone have lease #'s for July / August?

Thanks,

ZK
  • nic5nic5 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2008 Audi A6 quattro for $565/mo. with $5K down. Has premium package, i pod and 19" 7 spoke alloy wheels. MSRP on the car was $53,800. Did I get a good deal. I think I did, but I'm just checking for my own sanity.
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    Adika,

Sounds like you got a great deal. I live in the Jersey Area and would love to talk to your dealer. Your email address is hidden. How do I get in touch with you so that I can get salesman name?

Thanks!
  • s_js_j Member Posts: 2
    Audi has listed a new offer on the A6 until 9/2
    $489* lease per month

although this is for an MSRP of $45,275 MSRP for the 2008 Audi A6 3.2 FSI V6 with quattro all-wheel drive, 6-speed automatic transmission w/Tiptronic, Premium Package and destination charge

over $550 a month seems like a lot with 5K down
  • bigjer2bigjer2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi ,
    My Audi , 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro is going off lease this December. (under 30,000 miles) I absolutely LOVE this car and have had ZERO problems with it. The issue at hand is ; Would it be a wise choice to buy this vehicle for the residual of around $24,000? It will have a full year left on the Audi (all-inclusive) Warranty. I have mixed feelings because of some horror stories I read here about high maintenance and repair costs. I was considering a extended warranty for 5 yrs and 85,000 miles (bumper to bumper) but they run around $3000+.

Can anyone enlighten me ?
    Hi zkaudio. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan and 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctr8ctr8 Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

I'm suppose to return my 2007 A4 in December.
    I was contacted by a dealer (NJ) to return my car now and they would pay the remaining payments on top of giving me different incentives. Here is the deal i got:
    2008 A6 3.2 quattro
    36 months
    Premium Package

MSRP 50,47

I can have it for $555 a month, tax is included.
    Does this sounds like a good deal?

Thanks.
    Al
    Forgot to mention that its 0 down. I only have to pay $160 for the fees per the dealer.
  • bagelguybagelguy Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Would you mind emailing me the dealer name and salesperson? I'm in the market for an A6 myself. johnnybravo187@optonline.net

Thanks,
    John
  • jms8090jms8090 Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for all of the info here. I'm interested in a 2008 A6 Quattro, and had a few questions:
    1. At this point in the year, the 2008's are rotting on dealer lots, so how low can the cap cost on the car go? Invoice minus $2500 or so (incentive) or has anyone seen this go any lower? I'm in Florida, so if anyone has any experience with any Southeast dealers, I'd like to hear about it.

2. Can you negotiate the over the mileage charges? Dealer says it's .25 per mile.

3. With residuals also in the dirt, I'd imagine that comparing a new '09 may make some sense? Any thoughts as to how that may work out? It seems to me that not too many people are spending big bucks on luxury cars right about now.

4. I've played with some numbers, but I'm sensing that with Nav, Tech pkg, etc, I'm looking at an MSRP of over 51k. I'd like to keep my payment to nothing greater than $550 per month with zero down (except 1st month, title, license. I figure the only way to look at a lease is with everything rolled into the payment. Is there some sort of hidden incentive that Audi will pass along to move these cars as we progress later into the year?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    I was just at an Audi dealer in SoCal returning my wife's expired A4 Cab lease (will miss that car...). She replaced it with an Acura MDX. My Infiniti M45 lease expires in December, though, so I asked a few questions just to get an idea of where things stand with the A4s and A6s. Dealer said that they are unloading both "well below invoice." According to Edmunds, there's between $2500 and $3000 in "customer cash" incentives available on the A6, depending on whether you are a current AFS customer. I don't know if they are selling below invoice without these incentives or not.
  • brandon790brandon790 Member Posts: 6
    I found the following deal for a 2008 A6 with 2500 from audi conquest plus 500 Audi loyalty:

1000.00 out-of-pocket
    15k mileage
    690.00 per month
    Nav,Ipod,premium pkg, technolgy pkg, Audi-care main included
    Here is what i got when trying to negotiate between two dealers:
    I'll return my leased A4 and they will pay my remaining 3 payments.
    I'll take an A6 with premium package (nav + ipod)
    36 Months
    2600 out of pocket (all the fees, taxes, first month)
    $480 a month

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    Al
    Palisades Audi. I am pretty happy with them so far.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Hey Al,

Seems similar to an offer I got:

08 A6 CVT w/ ipod, premium, and nav
    msrp:44015
    selling price: 38750
    MF: .00043
    res: 60% (10K miles/yr, no audi care)
    Term: 24 months
    $0 down and $545/mo inc. CA tax

I still think the selling price might be a bit high, as there's supposed to be $2000 cash available on this car plus $500 for being a current AFS customer.

I am thinking going 36 months might be better, as it would make the payments $515/mo (based on the MF and residual on here...still need to confirm w/ dealer).

Your total cost for 3 years would be $19400. Mine would be $18540, so maybe you can still get them down more.

I can't decide whether to go for it or wait til my lease runs out in 3 months and try to get into an 09 A4 for lower cost. Unsure if they'll be making deals on it at the end of Nov. though when its only out for a couple months.
  • bagelguybagelguy Member Posts: 12
    A6 Quattro with prem pkg, nav, cold weather, Ipod dock.
    MSRP 47,365
    sell price 44,484
    cust cash -2500
    loyalty - 500
    -------------
    residual 45%
    money factor .00042
    sales tax 8.375%
    15k per yr
    36 months
    $659 per month
    up front - 1st month,bank fee, dmv,etc $1300
  • latimerelatimere Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any info on what Audi is offering for lease or financing on a CPO 2007 or 2008 S6? I'm going for a test drive this weekend, and would like to know what to expect if we get to talking numbers. Thanks.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    car man, im loking at a new A4, dealer said they are giving great rates on 08 A6 though, so I need to know the current rates? 36/10k
  • flyinghigh727flyinghigh727 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Twodomes-
    Where did you get that quote from? I'm in CA as well and my a4 is coming up in nov. I too am torn between the 09 a4 or the 08 a6. That sounds just about what I'm looking for. Especially since in 2011 a new a6 is to be released. What was the price before tax. Any help is MUCH appreciated.
    Cheers, Andy
    hey andy,

it was santa monica audi's fleet manager. but i believe the deal ended september 2. selling price before tax was $38750. could you clarify what you mean by "Especially since in 2011 a new a6 is to be released." Does the release of a new version in a couple years mean its good or bad for getting an 08??
  • flyinghigh727flyinghigh727 Member Posts: 7
    2domes
    Well in my personal opinion its a good thing since you'll have the "newest" style for at least 2 years. Then a complete redesign is scheduled for 2011 just in time to drop off the old one and pick up the newest version or maybe even the new A7.
    Hi traderb. The A6 is the only 2008 model that Audi is still providing lease support on. Audi has decent money factors on it. The problem is that its residual values are terrible. If you were to lease a 2008 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00059 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    08 models are already a year old, so after a 3 year lease, you have 4 years of depreciation. most luxury cars are lucky to hold 50% of their msrp after 4 years time.

there's nothing horrible about the 47% residual...it's just being realistic on Audi's part

Audi dropped the msrp by almost 5 grand on all A6 over the last 60 days and re-issued msrp stickers. So the same A6 that was 53k in March, is now 48k.
    Hi car_man,

Looking for the MF and residuals for 10kmiles/year on the 2008 (yes, 08, not 09) Audi A6 3.2 for 36 months. Thanks!
    Hey twodomes. Audi extended its October lease program through November 11th. Until then, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00059 and 47%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • 3fromtheedge3fromtheedge Member Posts: 4
    $2500 customer cash rebate - MF .000590 - Residual 44% - Adjusted selling price
    $41,799 - free Audi car care (-$690)
    36 month lease = $603.16.

This would be my 3rd Audi from this dealership. I walked on this deal because the 2005 A6 I'm just coming out of has the tech package of that time (Home link + advanced key+etc). When I asked the salesman to get me the car with the tech package at the same price he said I'd have to pay around $650 per month or put around $3500 down. Anyway he called me tonight and said don't do anything because he my have a manufacturer's deal coming out in the next couple of days.

Has anyone heard about any new incentives in November?
  • thbellthbell Member Posts: 15
    Car Man: Hi. My Audi 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro (with premium package, sunroof package and premium leather) is going off lease next June, at which time it will have been driven only about 15,000 miles in total. When I leased the car, I paid for 12,000 miles per year on a 3 year lease, or 36,000 miles in total, so I have driven the car much less than I expected and much less than I have paid for. The car will have a purchase price of approximately $26,500. The car is in excellent condition, having been used basically for highway driving to a weekend home, so I suspect that the car may be worth more than the price at which I can purchase it. On the other hand, I am not interested in owning the car, and instead I would like to lease a new 2009 A8L. Do you think there is any resale value to the car above its purchase price? If so, what do you think would be the best strategy to realize on that value? Many thanks.
    Hi 3fromtheedge. Audi is still providing the $2,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2008 A6 with its new November program, but this car's money factor increased slightly to .00081. On the bright side, Audi is now waiving the first month's payment and security deposit for free on the '08 A6 so that makes up for the difference...but I doubt that this program will have a lower monthly payment than the one that it replaced.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi thbell. It is difficult to say whether your A6 will be worth more than its purchase option price when your lease is up in June. While it certainly will be well under its mileage limit, the way that used vehicle prices have been plummeting it may not be. The vast majority of manufacturers' lease programs have overestimated vehicles' residual values compared to what they are worth on the open market right now.

You should be able to get a good idea of how much your car is worth by stopping by the following sections of Edmunds.com a month or two before the scheduled end of your lease: Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site and the "Real-World Trade-In Values" discussion.

You even can place a call to Audi Financial Services a month or two before your lease ends to see if the would be willing to negotiate your car's purchase price even lower. More often than not banks won't, but they do occasionally so it's worth a shot. Whatever you do, don't tell them how low your mileage is when you call.

Good luck and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • thbellthbell Member Posts: 15
    Car Man: thanks for the advice!
    Does anyone (esp. Car_Man) have thoughts on this program that's offered when you buy or lease a new audi? I was quoted a price of $850, which covers up to $5K of damage, with any one line item allowed to be no more than $1K. It's sold thru a company called America Auto Guardian, which supposedly has an agreement with Audi. Salesman said you just get the end lease inspection, send the invoice to AAG, and they take care of the damages.

I just had my inspection on a 2 year audi lease and got hit with $1370 in charges for scratched rims and a few scratches and dents on the car. Found a body shop to do the repairs for $1100, but that's still more than it would have cost me if I'd had the coverage. I'm now going into a 3 year lease so it seems worth it to pay the insurance upfront when I know it'll probably get scratched and dinged again, and knowing now how nitpicky Audi is on the charges.

Salesman also said I could tint the windows and then not get charged for it when I turn the car as Audi considers that excess wear and tear so it'd be covered (as long as total cost to remove that modification is less than $1K)..
This discussion has been closed.