Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• mishmash1mishmash1 Member Posts: 16
    First year model on new A6 = no lease deals. So if warranty is 4 years 50k mi. continue your lease for one more year and see about deals next year. A4 will be too small for you it seems. If not it is bigger then previous models and has deals out there so good backup option. Do not think your gonna get the car for $22k. If you could then do it. Remember warranty will run out and maintainance will cost$. Factor that in to price.Had an A6 for 6 yeras once spent about $5k in repairs in the last three years. Good Luck!
  • rstoergerrstoerger Member Posts: 17
    Mishmash1, thanks for the honest answer. Spent some time tonight checking things out. It seems Mercedes is offering great deals on 2009 E Class. I did some quick math but with Prem, Nav, Leather, Wood Trim and even a Wood Wheel, I could come in under my current monthly, and that would be for 0/0/0 down - taxes in and for a full 48 months - which I would be just fine with. Unless a Q5 prices strong, I think I will be off to MB...the deal on E's is very strong (if it lasts and if I can find the car).

Alternately, I have considered holding on to the A6 for a month or two to see what else is out there. Big question here is if I get some additional millage should I extend or do they assume I still have miles available to burn.
  • lobes22lobes22 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to decide between a 2006 A6 S-line package, fully loaded for $30k (only 25k miles) or going brand new '09 A6 3.0T, but would need the Prestige package. I do like driving something different every few years, so would be leasing the '09... the '06 would be flipping in 2 years or so. Does anyone have the current residual value and money factor for June from Audi Financial for a 36-month lease, 12k miles and/or 15k miles. Trying to see what kind of deal I can expect on the new model. Thanks for the help.
  • crimsontidecrimsontide Member Posts: 3
    I just noticed my local dealership has something on their web-site that's a little different from what's on the official Audi web-site for the Summer of Audi Event promotion.

http://www.auditysonscorner.com/specials-detail-inventory-other-audi-specialdeta- - ils-649.html

For those lazy to read through it, it's basically $0 down and $699/month for 36 months. There's pretty much no fine print so I can only assume that it's for the absolute base model of the A6.

What do you think. Is it a good deal? Or do you think it's a B&S scam?

The reason I say this is because I went to this same dealership a couple years ago and they tried to rip me off by trying to give me a car that was $2000 in MSRP over advertised car I came to see, offered to take my current car as trade-in for a couple thousand, but yet increasing the monthly payment and the down payment substantially. It was a pretty bad experience but whatever, maybe I'll encounter a different salesperson?
  • chikidchikid Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

I have a quote on a 3.0 A6, Premium Plus w/Nav ($54,225 MSRP, 36k/3yr lease). Monthly payment $658 (before CA tax), and Audi is making first payment for me. I negotiated Cap Cost to under $49,000 so think I got a good deal, but want to make sure I'm not getting taken on the financing. Residual he quoted was $25,486 (47% of MSRP), so doing the math I get a .00053 MF. Are these the current rates or do I have more bargaining to do?

Thanks,
    ChiKid
    Anyone have any insights on the next Audi Program? Sounds like the "Summer of Audi" program comes to a close July 6th. That program has Audi covers your first payment on a lease, or first 2 payments on a purchase. Knowing Audi, they'll roll out a new program right away. Wonder if something better is around the corner as I am looking to pull the trigger in the next 1-3 weeks and would hold off if next program is sweeter.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chikid. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A6 3.0 Premium Plus Sedan is actually only .00003.

If I was in the market for this car in a competitive market like California right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of dealer invoice minus the $1,000 conquest / loyalty cash that is available on leases of this model. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chikid. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs before they are officially announced. July is the start of a new quarter, so Audi Financial Services' residual values on most models will probably drop by a few points. Automakers often try to offset the gradual decline in vehicles' residual values by enhancing their money factors to maintain the same payment, but given the fact that Audi is already practically charging 0% interest on the A6 it doesn't have much room there.

If I was in the market for an '09 A6 right now, I probably would pull the trigger right now rather than rolling the dice and waiting for the new program...but again it is very difficult to say for certain what a manufacturer will do with its future incentive programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • homantaghomantag Member Posts: 21
    I just got offered the following, and was wondering what anyone thinks:

Model: Prestige
    MSRP = $56,475
    Drive Off = $1,481 out of pocket
    36 months / 10k miles
    Monthly payment of 833 + tax

I am located in Los Angeles, California.

Thanks!
    Doesn't look good to me. I'm paying 639 + tax for 36mth/12k miles, with $2,000 Drive Off. My model was cheaper than yours though (MSRP of $54,225 - Prem Plus, with Nav), but think you can do better. The money factor on the A6 is very low (.00003), but expires today I believe.
  • and13and13 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to lease a certified used Audi from a dealer?
  • thbarrettthbarrett Member Posts: 19
    I just returned from Walters Audi in Riverside, California. They gave me a good price on a new A6 Premium Plus with Nav. Retail for $54,225 with a buy price of $46,325.

They would not give me the $4000 off and a money factor of .0003 on a lease. If I wanted the $4000 factory back they wanted to go through another bank and charge a money factor of .00212 = 5.088%. with a $895 acquisitn fee and $2333.39 drive off.

I could get .0003 =.72% but, without the $4000 from Audi.

Hence, no new A6 in garage and not happy. Any Ideas :confuse: :(
  • bettencbbettencb Member Posts: 7
    Looking at leasing a 2009 or 2010 A6 Premium Plus -- 36 months/15k per year. Can you give me September rates and any rebates/incentives for the 2009 and the 2010 models? Thanks!!
    Here you go bettencb. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00121 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model are .00003 and 44%.

Other than owner loyalty cash, Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on these cars that are compatible with the above special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • bberkebberke Member Posts: 26
    Car man unless lease residuals changed for the A6 this month you are not accurate. The dealer I am working with and several other cites have it at 52 for 150000
    My bad, you are correct. Went to the dealer to try and finish and he did not catch my error when I submitted my number. I accidently used the 24 month numbers instead of the 36.
  • a6starveda6starved Member Posts: 1
    I'm really confused. :confuse:

I see the deal below on Audi's website for the Detroit. Very clear, very straight forward. Yet I can't get any dealer to honor it. I've tried 2 different dealers. They have the exact model / spec / MSRP and yet the prices I get back are 10-20% more, and they each have different excuses.

Dealer 1 offer Claims the add says 10K Miles and the real price is $689.
    Dealer 2 offer Claims the Residual is wrong on the web site and the real price is $655.

Also I can't tell, but both dealers claim to be adding in "Audi Care" for covered maintenance. Is this really an option or part of the warranty ?

Here is the exact text from the web site.

Any Tips or Ideas ??????

Special $599/mo Lease now through November 2nd

1st Month Payment $599
    Refundable Security Deposit $600
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $1,975
    Due at Signing* $3,799 (Excludes taxes, title, other optioins and dealer fees)

*39-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services (AFS) through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 11/2/2009. Rate based on MSRP $52,425 of 2009 Audi A6 3.0 TFSI quattro with Tipronic®, Premium Plus package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $24,639.75.

Advertised lease offers require dealer contribution; final negotiated price may vary by dealer. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles during the span of the lease and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details. :confuse:
    final negotiated price may vary by dealer is in your fine print. Thus, if you think you want that car and are willing to walk away I would call for the manager and tell him you are ready to buy a car if they can match the numbers in the add exactly or your can't pull the trigger.

I personally would never put 2000 cash down on a lease, but that would be your choice.
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    Specifically, what are the residual and MF for a 12K miles 36 month lease on the A6 3.0T Prestige and Premium Plus trims?

Thank you.
    Greetings dulnev. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Prestige Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00121 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus would be .00121 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • syrymflashsyrymflash Member Posts: 1
    Plz people say if the mileage on audi a6 2002 about 133k , is it ok??
    should i buy it ? or the mileage is too big? does it make a big difference for audi a6 ?
    cuz i know that for Japanese cars it's nothing , how about exactly audi?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Hi.. This forum is really about leasing new Audis...

But, you might try posting your questions here: Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Or, here: Audi A6

Someone with more familiarity with your prospective model may be able to help you.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lviv35lviv35 Member Posts: 5
    Looking to lease 3.0T Premium Plus or Prestige 10K/yr 36 mo zero down + keyless entry + park assist.

What deal should I be look for? How big is the difference in lease between 2009 and 2010 models.

Thanks
  • lhamplhamp Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for similar deal on wagon... just started this massive undertaking... can anyone give me ballpark for what I should be looking for for 36 and 48 month leases... only need 10K/ a year.

Thanks.
  • lviv35lviv35 Member Posts: 5
    just an update got 705 on prem plus and 775 taxes rolled-in on prestige for 39 mo 32k ml lease zero down. 1900 upfront. good deal?
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    I am looking to lease this week and wanted your input.
    What do you guys think about this deal? please let me know
    MSRP: 54,675.00
    Adjusted Cap. Cost: $ 50,176.93
    L.E.V. %: 47.00%
    Lease-End Value: $ 25,697.25
    Term..................: 39
    Lease Factor .........: 0.00025
    Base Monthly Rental: $ 646.65
    Monthly Use Tax 9.80%
    amount due at signing 2700
    Total monthly $710
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    Hi Iviv35,
    well i just got 710 with 2700 down for 39months, 39k. does your a6 have navi included?
  • needacar13needacar13 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.2 Premium with 10,000 miles per year?

Also, any Audi cash incentive available on a lease?
    Here you go, needacar13. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.2 Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00019 and 49%, respectively.

The only cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car is $1,000 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    car man is that 0.00019 or 0.0019
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    I am coming to the end of my 36 month A6 lease in 1 month. I have always told people that you don't lease to buy and you should do either or. But now I have a choice to make.

My residual is $25,450 and in looking for a new car and choosing between another A6, BMW 528 and a MB 350. The A6 and BMW are coming into a a full model change for 2011 and the E-350 has already had the changeover but I am not sure about the car.

I was thinking about buying the Audi A6 and then having a choice as to how long I want to drive it...whether it is until the end of 2010 or longer and for the amount of the purchase, cut the monthly in almost half.

I know the condition of the car as it has no rattles or squeaks...and I am due for the 45,000 mile service (whatever that is) as part of the pre-paid maintenance plan.

Any thoughts?

I hope that this "hybrid" question is OK on this forum.

Thank you

Elliot
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You will have to come up with sales tax again so figure that into the equation. figure keeping it at least 2-3 years more to make sense. You will be out of warranty but the chances are decent that since you know the car it will probably hold up. Still repairs could be very expensive. You could also check out VW which has great leases for the 3 year interim. The CC or the Tiguan [awd] -- the toureg is pricey but nice. No cost maintenance. The real deal would be the jetta sportwagon/sedan tdi. Gti is roomy and a blast. The new passat is due next year.
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    Since we have some weird laws in TX, I did not pay any sales tax on the lease...you get a credit from the leasing company that handles it. I am used to paying 8.25% per month in California. Yes, I would have to pay sales tax on the $25k if I purchased it.

The cars has new brake pads and tires (both 5000 miles use) and has been serviced up to factory standards with 1 remaining service at 45K.....and I still have 8k worth of warranty left.

I have not "owned" a car since 1970 as I have only leased for tax reasons. So, it is just a way to look at a purchase to be flexible and not have to get a car next month and I can choose from all of the new models that are coming.

I looked at the VW for my wife and saw the "CC" only had certain interiors etc.....I would prefer to get what I choose rather than what the limited choices are.

Elliot
  • golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    my 9 yr E320 is gwetting older and i want something new. Like the E350 and like the A6. any thoughts would be appreciated. What about waiting for the 2011 A6?
    Hi obiwan1. The triple zero 19 that I posted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Member Posts: 25
    Looking for Feb numbers on 2010 A6 T3.0 36 months 12K Premium Plus
    Thanks a lot!
  • khan95osukhan95osu Member Posts: 26
    Looking to get an 2010 A6 Prestige 3.0 , 3yr 15,000 mile lease. Anyone know the money factor on that vehicle and Residuals?
  • bmwaudi2007bmwaudi2007 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Eliot,
    I would not recommend buying A6 2007. My 36 month lease with 18K miles per year was up a few days ago. My millage was 52K just 2K over the warranty but still within the limit. One day the car would not start and I was told by a dealer to pay $1300 for the repair of electrical system including buying a brand new $300 battery. The car was regularly serviced, I did not have any problems before and really enjoyed it. I guess the German engineers designed it to last for only 50K.mikes so that Audi would not spent much money fro the warranty repair. Once warranty is gone Audi is making money on selling parts and labor. Thank God I did not buy this junk as I was tempted by a low residual value. Best wishes.
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    A little skeptical of your situation. Obviously things can break here and there, that doesn't kill the benefits of owning. Although I agree, I'd lease new over buying new any day. I usually buy a year or two old,(certified) and keep it over 6-7 years. That's hard now given the great new technology that keeps coming in this newly competitive industry!.

So, I need a car asap; mine was totalled. Off duty cop turned into my line, no injuries, his fault. Got $7.5K for my 00 A6,2.7TQ,MT. Loved it. It was only worth 2.5K on trade cause of bad cats.

I'm between a 08 A6 4.2, it has sport suspension(a must), and is certified. Stickered around $64K, and asking $43K, a decent discount from sticker, actually saw two similar cars both with low 20K miles on them.

I am also a good lease candidate, though I've never leased B4. (low annual miles, business write off, take car of my cars, like newest tech toys) So my two questions:

Lease new, and have a decision to make in 39 month or buy used and keep long term?
    If I leased new I'd go with the 3.0T, maybe chip it after the lease if I buy it out, or the used 4.2?, great natural engine pretty good discounts on cars, but older tech

HELP.......thanks in advance for ideas suggestions or comments
    Still love the cayenne gts.stick, but have finally come to my senses...lol
    The reviews are saying the T3.0 is almost as good as the 4.2 in every way. The price/weight/fuel make the T3 a better option IMO
  • luvaudiluvaudi Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone confirm that the money factor for Feb. for A6 39 month lease quatro is .00019.

Thank you
    Here you go, mattsam. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00019 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi khan95osu. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Prestige Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00019 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi luvaudi. I can confirm that the money factor that you mentioned is correct for a 39 month lease of a 2010 A6 3.0T Sedan this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman:

Thanks for confirming the money factory, I just leased an A6 w/Premium Pkg., 15k, 39 months for $599.00 with only TTL down. How do you think I did?
    I think that is awesome where did you get that at?
    Matt
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    FINALLY, after a looooong search, I think I found her!
    Thanks for all the help!!!

'07 Audi S6 with 34K, three year old, certified with audi care, has brand new set of winter snows and rims, white with black interior, with carbon fiber inlays, tech pkg., and warm package(rare, it replaces the glass moonroof with solar panels that operate fans to change the air in the car when its parked.

the only options it doesn't have are adaptive cruise(regular cruise will b ok, wont use it much any way), driver side leather dash(nice but oh well), and the silver optioned head liner(this I'd like and may look into), also will need the i pod interface installed(expensive, any ideas?, hear $1k, from one dealer, $2K from another, but i will get it factory oem.

Car was sold and serviced buy selling dealer, who also capped my shipping costs at $500. 25 year audi salesman, previous owner trade it and an older porsche for a new S5 cab, my other dream car. Also getting 1.9% from audi for 24 months!

Pretty psyched!, will give price details later, may purchase the cpo audi care which covers additional 2 services. Any other ideas?? This is a beast of a car!

lexusguy was right, more S6s than 4.2, and only $1-2K more than the '08 4.2!

THANK U!
    edited February 2010
    You're very welcome, luvaudi. Congratulations on getting your sweet new ride. I've always liked the A6.

The payment that you were given looks pretty good, but it is difficult for me to give you a detailed evaluation of this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP and approximate selling price are. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man check my numbers tell me what you think

MSRP $53165 3.0T premium plus
    Neg $51,744
    15K Miles
    .00019mf
    36 months
    Residual 48%
    My tax rate is 9% (high in this area)
    only first note out the door $869.50 (TTL rolled in)

There was only 3 cars in the 100 mile radius, and the color I wanted Oyster Gray/Light gray with dark walnut wood

Monthly note $869.50
    Car_man:

As you requested here is the info I left out:

MSRP: $53k
    Neg. Price: $46,250.00
    Sales Tax 5%

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.