Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a BMW 3-Series. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• jpyjpy Member Posts: 9
    Car_man,

Have you had a chance to look at the new Sept lease program?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jpy. Yes, I have had an opportunity to take a look at BMW's new September lease program. I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like if you tell me what model are you interested in, how long do you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year do you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man, Here are my numbers:

2006 330i

36 or 24 months

15k per year
  • ultimate_dmultimate_dm Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a 3 year/12k mile lease on a 330i (with Auto, Premium and Cold Weather). What is the Sept base money factor and residual value? I am receiving conflicting info from dealers in my area...
    Does anyone have the new lease numbers (MF & Residual) for a 2006 330i - 36 or 24 months - 15k per year?

I can't seem to get an answer....thanks in advance.

JPY
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    '06 330i

24 mo/15k mi – 69% Residual – Money Factor .00250
    36 mo/15k mi – 60% Residual – Money Factor .00250

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi ultimate_dm. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to leasen a 2006 BMW 330i through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • moneyb24moneyb24 Member Posts: 8
    I am about to lease a 06 330i demo for 36 months and 10k per year (I plan on purchasing at the end). MSRP is 42070. I have been offered price of 38975. (will negotiate lower to about 38000-38250, otherwise i wont buy it). But the quote sheet has an adjusted residual of 26315. That number is not 62% of either the MSRP or the quoted price. How is that number calculated? It seems too high when my payments total 18536.04 (514.89/month x36) (MF is .0025). Should the purchase price at the end be lower? Is the residual the acual lease buy-out at the end? Is the buy-out negotiable?

Also, do you think BMW dealerships should be more flexible in negotiating a sale price when they sell a demo car? The do give and extra 3months/5,000 miles on the warranty, but the car is still slightly used (1500miles). What should be the highest price I should pay on this car? I think 38975 is too high. The edmunds invoice is 38250. should that be my highest on this demo? Should I shoot for 38000? I appreciate the advice and help.

I want to make sure i am getting a really good deal on this car since it is not "new" even though it looks perfect. I initially was going to buy a 06 325i but this demo was a seemingly good alterative. This is my first car purchase I dont want to get screwed.
    In my experience, demos are rarely discounted enough to make them a good buy..

But, getting to your residual question... I'm sure the residual is being reduced a certain amount, to account for the extra mileage already on the car.... Maybe $0.10, $0.15 or $0.20 per mile.... Play with the calculations and see if that makes the numbers come out right....

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx, (or others)
    thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will work on the Residual numbers and figure out what is going on.

I am interested in your statement about demos not being a good buy. Are new BMW 330i's selling for anywhere near invoice price?...ie. a 42070 Msrp selling for 38250. The dealer stated that they only give 1000 off sticker! Is that a ploy? I didnt think people got large discounts (invoice pricing) on luxury vehicles...is this a misconception.

does leasing they car instead of buying affect the negotiated price? Should the resuidual be calculated on the negotiated price or the MSRP? BMW dealer in dayton ohio stated that the residual is based on the MSRP while my lease payments are based the negotiated price. That does not seem right to me. Thanks kyfdx!
    1) My observation about demos was just a general one... You may find that you will get a good deal on this specific car.

2) Residual is always based upon MSRP... because, the price you negotiate has no actual effect on what the car will be worth at lease end.. If you pay $1000 less than the next guy for the same car, they are still worth exactly the same, three years from now.

3) Your payments are based on the negotiated price.. which should be the same, whether you lease or buy.. (There are exceptions to this, when incentives are in place, but not in this case).

If you are leasing with the intent of buying, then the residual is not as important... But, in a straight lease deal, you don't want the residual to go down along with the negotiated price.. that would end up costing you more.. High residuals = low lease payments..

If your intention is to purchase this car, I'd suggest shopping for the cheapest financing you can find, and just go ahead and buy it... You'll save acquisition fees, and your financing may be cheaper than the current money factor..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for the answers. Very helpful indeed.

One last question...Is it feasible to get 500-1000 over invoice price on a new, not demo, 330i with MSRP of 42,070? BMW dealers seem stuck on this "700-1000 off MSRP is the best deal you can get on these cars"? If i can get a good deal (eg. 38750 on a 42070 vehicle) on a new vs. a demo I would rather get that one. I have sent out emails requesting 2 dealers to beat the lease rate on demo on two new 330is with the same options. I guess i will see how low they will go.
    Again, Thank you very much kyfdx,

Cheers.
    I doubt you will get that low... Even though the car has been out since May, it is still early in the '06 model year...

If you cast a very, very wide net, you may get $1500 over invoice... but, I wouldn't bet on it..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cespinozacespinoza Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what the estimated price range for a paint job on a rear bumper for small scratches would be? The lady came back to me with a Original Estimate of $2,000 dollars for a whole new bumper but then said she talked them into just repairing the scratches for $881.54. Does that price sound right? Ive heard of paints jobs on bumpers going between 200-600 dollars. Not sure If they are trying to take me for a ride.
  • crock22crock22 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, can someone give me an idea of what the BMW 3series Sept lease program is like for a 325i/36month lease/15Kper yr. Can you also give me what would be a good montly payment for this vehicle. The only options I want are the steptronic trans, heated seats, and the rear parking distance control. Thanks a million.
  • peachtree103peachtree103 Member Posts: 182
    This isn't really the right forum for this discussion, but I'd suggest you take the $881.54 quote as soon as possible and get a release of liability. If the owner of the '05 7 series figures out what her diminished value claim should be for having a paint job on a new BMW, you'll be paying a lot more.
  • christinchristin Member Posts: 4
    There is currently a $294/ mth special on the 325 i w/ 3500 down (12,000 mi and 24 mths). Does anyone think I can get a similar value on the 325xi? I don't need anything fancy just the cold weather package/ six speed w/grey metalic paint.

Can someone give me an idea of what I should expect for a residual value and money factor on a 24 mth lease on the 06 325 xi

Thanks
    Hi moneyb24. The higher your vehicle's residual value is, the lower its lease payment will be. So you are better off if your car's lease-end purchase price seems unreasonably high. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles from time to time. If you decide that you want to buy this car at the end of your lease, but that its purchase option price is too high you can always give negotiation a shot. If the bank won't budge, you can take consolation in the fact that you paid less for the use of your car than you should have while leasing it.

I personally feel as though most dealers are not willing to discount demo vehicles enough. Even though demo vehicles are still technically considered new vehicles, I personally view them as nothing more than low mileage used vehicles and would want them priced as such of I was to buy one. Why purchase a used vehicle that random people have been driving and breaking in when you could have a brand new one for only a couple hundred dollars more?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cespinoza. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing BMW 3-Series models. You may be able to find out how much a new bumper for a BMW 7-Series costs by visiting the following discussion: "BMW 7-Series". I agree with the previous poster though, if you are able to get out of an rear-ending a BMW 7-Series for less than $1,000 just bite the bullet and get it over with. You're lucky that this accident wasn't reported to the police, which would have resulted in higher insurance premiums and points on your license.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello crock22. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW 325i through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 61%, respectively.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi christin. BMW's lease program is a little worse on the 2006 325xi than it is on the 2006 325i, plus it is a more expensive car, so chances are that your lease payment on a 325xi will be higher than the one that you saw advertised on the 325i. I would be happy to calculate a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you using BMW's actual lease program is you provide me with its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in) and an approximate selling price.

If you were to lease a 2006 BMW 325xi through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00280 and 71%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    The MSRP for the base model I belive is 32800, with the options I want and destination charge that brings it up to 34820. The destination charge is 695. I am not sure what invoice is on this model but I guess I can hope for 2000 off MSRP bringing my selling price to 32820 or 33000.

In order to keep my payments below 400 an I going to have to put down a few grand? I would prefer to do only a max of 2000. Let me know what you calculate it out to be.

thanks again,

Christin
  • bmw09bmw09 Member Posts: 1
    christin,
    Would you mind telling me where you are getting this deal from? I was looking at the lease BMW offers thru there website. Does any one recommend it? Anyone seen better deals out there?

325i Base Model
    $407*/month for 36 months
    10,000 miles per year
    $3,342.00 cash due at signing
    The BMW dealer in Norwood
  • desi1desi1 Member Posts: 40
    Hello All,

Would this be a reasonable deal?

Metallic Paint, Terra Leather, Sports Pkg, Heated Seats, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, and Aluminum Pedals (Assuming MSRP = Invoice for pedals).

MSRP (BMW Site) 42,205
    Invoice (Edmunds) 38,700
    Cap Cost 40,500 (not a valid offer from dealer yet)
    Sec Dep 750 (Part of Upfront Payment)
    Acq Fee 625 (Part of Upfront Payment)
    MF 0.0025
    Term 12 mo
    Mileage 12,000/yr
    Residual 62%
    Down Payment 0
    Ohio Tax 6.75%

Monthly Payment 602.93 (incl Tax)

Please let me know if I have overlooked anything.

Thanks and regards,

SS
    Thanks for the additional informaiton, Christin. Let's calculate a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW 325xi with an MSRP of $34,820 and a selling price of $32,820 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $499.

I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your 325xi would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. If you really want to keep your monthly payment below $400 though, you would need to make a capitalized cost reduction of around $2,250. this would put this car's pre-tax monthly payment at aruond $398.48. Of course, once tax is added in, you will either have to pay it at lease signing or make an even larger down payment to stay below $400 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings desi1. Both the lease money factor and selling price that you were quoted for this car look reasonable to me. The factor is right in line with BMW Financial Services' published factor for a 12 month lease of this car. You may want to stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on the selling price that you were quoted: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". This is going to be a very expensive lease though because it is only for 12 months. New vehicles experience their highest rate of depreciation during the first 12 months of ownership.

Car_man
    Host
  • treadweartreadwear Member Posts: 1
    Car_man

I need your learned advice on whether the lease offer I've received for a 325i is any good. Looking at the numbers that others have posted, mine seem rather high.

MSRP: $34,445.00
    Term: 36 mo
    Mileage: 10,000
    Down Payment: $1000 (covers first payment and all taxes/fees)
    Monthly Payment: $577.32 (includes all taxes/fees)

Thank you in advance for your much welcomed opinion.
  • sjr1sjr1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. Just wondering if anyone would consider this a good deal:

2006 325i
    Premium Package
    Metallic Paint
    Automatic transmission
    MSRP: $36,320

36 months, 20K miles/year
    $5,000 down, includes inception fees
    58% residual value
    $560 total due per month

Trade: 2001, Mustang Convertible GT, 72K miles
    Trade in value: 11K

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    How much do you owe on the Mustang?
  • sjr1sjr1 Member Posts: 3
    I owe 11K.
  • c230mikec230mike Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you give me a ballpark estimate on an '06 330i lease with the following numbers:

MSRP: 43,730
    Negotiated: 41,980
    12k/yr
    36mo.

Thx.
    Mike
  • ladyaladya Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide suggestions on if this is a good deal on a 06' 325i, and what should I do to get the best deal

MSRP: 36,680
    Negotiated: 35,800
    12k/yr
    $2,500 down
    60 mo.
    $537 per mos.

Thx.
    LadyA
  • flagatorfanflagatorfan Member Posts: 14
    Hi car man!

Will be leasing soon a '06 325i and want to get info before dealing with those "slick" car salesman. I had one tell me he can lower my lease payment with taking a stacked deposit that will be returned to me once lease is over? Have you heard of that? Without it he is quoting me approx $595/mo

What will my lease pymt be on 06 BMW 325i for 36 mos and 15/yr with -0- down pymt

MSRP 30,900
    Premium Pkg= 2,900
    Dest charge = 695
    TOTAL: 34,970 Dealer by phone will only take $500 off MSRP giving me a new total of $ 34,470

Thanks! :)
    Will be leasing soon a '06 325i and want to get info before dealing with those "slick" car salesman. I had one tell me he can lower my lease payment with taking a stacked deposit that will be returned to me once lease is over?

He's not being "slick".... He's referring to Multiple Security Deposits (MSD), and it is a far better way to reduce your cap cost without putting money down (in the traditional sense). You can make up to 5 total security deposits, I believe, which are each about the same amount as the monthly payment. For doing that, you get a slight discount in MF (think interest rate). Plus, you get your security deposits back at the end, so long as the car is in good shape and you're not over your allocated miles. It's typically a good thing to take advantage of if you are thinking about reducing your cap cost and monthly payment.
  • cece3cece3 Member Posts: 2
    I have never leased a car before. Since it is the end of the 2005 season, I thought I should get a pretty good deal on one but after going to the dealership I am completely confused. My husband and I had planned on purchasing a 325ci convertible but the salesman pushed for the lease and I have no idea if we are getting any sort of a deal or not. I do not even have a final price on what the car is. All he gave us were the best monthly payments that he said he could do.
    Here's the details: 24 month lease,
    20,000 miles per year,
    Car's listed price was $46,300. (sport package, and xenon headlights were the extra options, automatic steptronic),
    1550 upfront payment.
    Monthly payment will be $705.00
    Our sales tax rate is 6%.
    Also, we are trading in a 2000 540i with 74,000 miles that has been in a rear end collision, no frame damage. They are giving us $10,000 for that.
    I know that I am probably missing a lot but this whole lease thing has got my head spinning. And should I be even expecting a lot better since this is a 2005 versus a 2006? Any help would be greatly appreciated, the sooner the better since they are holding our deposit.Thanks!!!
    Hi treadwear. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sjr1. The main problem that I have with this deal is the large down payment that you are making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your 325i would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. The only reason why you would need to make such a large down payment is if you were extremely upside down on your trade.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on the lease payment that you were quoted, however in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you were to provide me with this car's selling price. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to estimate this car's lease payment for you, Mike. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW 330i with an MSRP of $43,730 and a selling price of $41,980 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $558.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings LadyA. A base 2006 BMW 325i has about a $2,500 spread between its full MSRP and dealer invoice. You are being given a discount of $880 on the car that you are interested in. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car in your area right now, but if there is a decent level of competition for your business, there is a good chance that you can get this car for less than the price that you were quoted. For more feedback on '06 BMW 325i pricing, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Another problem that I have with this deal is the length of this lease. Sixty months is way too long to lease any car for. A lot can happen during the course of five years, your family situation could change causing you to need a bigger vehicle, your commute could get longer causing you to exceed your mileage limit, etc... Furthermore, BMW's special lease programs are only available for leases up to 42 months in length. If you lease for any longer than that, you have to use BMW Financial Services' standard lease money factor. Let's calculate a 42 month lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in using BMW's actual October lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW 325i with an MSRP of $36,680 and a selling price of $35,800 through BMW Financial Services right now for 42 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly lease payment should only be around $512. As you can see, the lease payment that you were quoted for this car is too high. I definitely would shop around if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi flagatorfan. The salesperson who you spoke with was correct. They were talking about BMW Financial Services' multiple security deposit program. BMW FS will lower its lease money factors for consumers who pay additional security deposits. Specifically, it allows consumers to make up to 5 additional deposits, providing a .00005 money factor reduction for each one, for a total possible reduction of .00025. This is a much better way to lower your lease payment than making a down payment if you have the money.

In most areas, you should be able to do better than only $500 off of MSRP on the car that you are interested in. Stop by the following discussion to find out how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

For now, I will estimate this car's lease payment for you using the price that you were quoted and BMW's actual October lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW 325i with an MSRP of $34,495
    and a selling price of $33,995 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $480. With a $1,000 discount, the payment for an otherwise identical lease would drop to around $465 and with a $1,500 discount it would drop to around $450.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cece3. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It is very important for you and your husband to find out the exact selling price of the car that you are interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without the selling price, not only is it difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given but it is next to impossible to calculate what your car's lease payment should be. In fact, in October BMW is providing $1,500 dealer cash on the 2005 325 Convertible. This money will help you to negotiate a very attractive selling price for the car that you want. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations. If you let me know what this car's selling price is, I would be happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted and estimate a lease payment on this car using BMW's October lease program for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • petesamprspetesamprs Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone have october lease #s for the 330i? Looking for residual and mf for 2006 330i, 12k/year. September base #s were 62%, 0.0025
  • passntimepassntime Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer from a dealer where I live for a brand new 05 330ci

MSRP 43,545
    Offered it for 38,900
    24 Month Lease
    59% residual
    .0031 Money Factor
    12,000 Miles/year

It looks like he tried to pass off a good looking price while trying to get his money back on high lease rates. Is 59% good for a new car at 24 months?
    The selling price is about $1000 below cost but the money factor is bumped up. If you put the MF down to their buy rate, then it basically equates to an invoice deal. Looks pretty nice....

To answer your question about 59%, that's a pretty middle of the road residual for 24 months, considering it is the very end of the model year. You might also want to look at a 36 month lease on that car since the 12k miles/year residual is 54%. Your payment will probably be $125+ less on a 36 mo.

BTW, residual values are not negotiable. They are set by the bank and represent the lease-end value.
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    Just for reference, the 2006 325 Sedan has a 24month/12K mile residual of 75%, and the coupe has a residual of 66%. The 330 has a residual of 71%.

In September, the BMWFS buy rates were:
    330Ci Coupe
    Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms
    24 mo/15k mi – 57% Residual Value – Money Factor .00260 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 52% Residual Value – Money Factor .00260 Base Rate

So your residual was right but the MF was being jacked up. The October rates may be higher.

From a value perpective, a 3yr lease looks better than a 2yr lease on this car.
  • dadkinsdadkins Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a lease on an '06 325i, premium package with xenon headlights.
    MSRP: $37,120 -- can buy the vehicle for $36,715 (only giving $800 off list price).
    After dealing with several dealers this is about the going price in Tennessee. My lease is as follows:

36 months; 15,000 miles
    down payment of $1112.33
    Residual value of $22,643.20
    Money Factor: 0.0325; residual of 61% (I'm not sure what that means).

The salesperson has quoted my payments as $597.80 = tax of $41.85 for a total monthly payment of $639.65. Is this in line with BMW's October lease program? Please contact me as soon as possible as I am probably buying this week. Thanks.
    Hi petesamprs. You don't by any chance play tennis do you :) > If you were to lease a 2006 BMW 330i through BMW FS in October for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00225 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello passntime. 59% is not a very attractive 24 month, 12,000 miles per year residual value, but the dealer that you are working with does not have the authority to alter BMW Financial Services' published residual value for this car. It can however mark up its money factor. BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor for a 2 year lease of a 2005 330Ci is currently only .00260 with the payment of a security deposit and acquisition fee. It definitely looks as though the factor that you were quoted is being marked up. BMW's lease program on the 2006 330Ci is actually much more attractive right now at .00150 and 69%. If you can negotiate a reasonable selling price on an '06 model that would be the way to go if you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dadkins. Not only are you not being given a very attractive selling price on this car, but the money factor that you were quoted is being marked-up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. I can understand paying $800 under MSRP for this car if that is what the market dictates in your area, but you should try to get the dealer that you get your car from to use BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00250 to calculate your lease payment. You are required to pay a security deposit equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment and BMW FS' $625 acquisition fee to take advantage of this money factor. Using BMW's actual base lease program, an MSRP of $37,120, and a selling price of $36,715, I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $634. With a $1112.33 capitalized cost reduction, your car's monthly payment would drop to around $599.43.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.