Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• thashefthashef Member Posts: 4
    I should have updated my post, I had a mistake in there. Selling price is $37,380. Which is still really good and about 5400+ below MSRP.
    I am getting the car in NY which doesn't let you do MSDs so I am putting it as down instead.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    DO NOT use the money as a "down payment," AKA Capitalized Cost Reduction. If your car gets stolen or totaled at ANY point during the lease, you WILL LOOSE that money.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• rayfinklerayfinkle Member Posts: 1
    i have a deal for a fully loaded with navi and all the trimmings 2011 328xi the lease goes as follows:
    27 months, 10,000 miles
    2600 down including taxes and everything, and there making my first payment which is 330.
    do you guys think i can find a better deal than that?
  • anandksanandks Member Posts: 26
    hi

I am looking to lease a 2011 - 328Xi (am still debating for a good deal between this and a Z4. i will write a seperate question on that to avoid confusions)

MSRP = 42640 (with Nav)

what should be the best buy price.
    1. is it true that there is a 1500 rebate from BMW
    2. i am a current 2011 BMW owner - so is there a $1000 loyalty rebate. is it true that instead of the 1k loyalty i can get 0.0003 MF reduction. if that is the case, i should go for the MF reduction.. isnt it?
    3. is there a 1500 options credit (NAV,etc.,) or what is the right amount.
    4. should i assume that i can get 8% from the sticker and then apply the above 3 (1500+1000+1500=4k). to bring down the buy price around $35.5k or closer to this.
    5. for 27 month lease- 15k miles residual is 69% and 12k miles is 71%
    6. what is the money factor in my case.. should it be .00185 or anything better?

if the above is true should my car payment be in the range of
    15k miles = 367 (385 with tax) - down payment includes first month + lice title = 917
    and
    12 miles = 337 (353 with tax) - down payment includes first month + lice title = 886

please help me with this.. these dealers make it so tough..
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Does the $37,380 include any incentives ? e.g. $1500 cash or $1000 loyalty, or was that the price you negotiated before getting the incentives ?

thanks in advance !!
  • jackal15jackal15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I was hoping you could provide me with the December lease terms (residual/MF) and let me know if there are any incentives available for a leftover (new) 2011 M3 Sedan. Since many folks are getting 2012s a little above invoice, I have to assume that I'd get a few grand under invoice for a 2011. Details: 36 months, 12K and 10k miles

Many thanks!!
  • brandon32brandon32 Member Posts: 2
    I was offered the following:

2011 328xi sedan, alpine white/saddle leather, prem. pkg., value pkg. navigation, heated steering wheel, sirius rafio.

MSRP 42,265
    Sale Price $39,065 (includes paying last three payments on my current BMW 5 lease- $1607)
    27 months term - dealer makes first month payment.
    $1500 build out cash applied
    $1,000 owner loyalty applied
    MF .00110 - Ehanced owner loyalty reduction
    8.875 tax rate.
    72% resid.
    every expense rolled in, includign taxes, and other fees. I show up with total out of pocket of
    $440, which incluces DMV and other incidentals.

Quoted $465 per month. Agian, only $440 out of pocket. all taxes rolled in and my last lease payements rolled in. How does thsi compare? Any comments woudl be appreciated.
    The vehicle must be taken by 1/03/2012.

Also - Mercedes offers a reduction if you use auto pay - does BMW offer same, Dealer said no?
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    No reduction for auto pay.
    Selling price should be $36,913 with your last 3 payments of $1,607
    I have an out of pocket of $248 which is transfer of plates, doc fee, NYS insp. and NY Tire Fee. What else are they charging you in there??
    Monthly payment of $393.08
    Looks like you can still save $72 per month!

I am the King of new car deals… don't leave any money on the table! I do this everyday, 7 days a weeks, 365 days a year.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Its actually closer to 10.5% off and then the $1,000 loyalty and $1,500 build out cash. Selling price on the M.S.R.P. of $42,640 should be $35,655 with all deductions mentioned.

1st month's payment gets waived…
    What are you doing with the bank fee?
  • bustedstuffbustedstuff Member Posts: 11
    Who's still quoting 27 month leases? I am in CA and they said that has been over for months. Would love to take advantage of the higher residual and extra 3 months... That said, I got the following offer:

MSRP $40775
    Cap Cost $34375
    MF .00131 (7 MSDs - orig .0018)
    24/10k
    $390/mo incl taxes
    no mention of them covering 1st month payment
  • waqiideppwaqiidepp Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote from a dealer outside Chicago for
    2011 328xi Sedan, Black Mettalic, Black Dakota leather
    Navigation
    Premium 2
    Value
    Heated Steering wheel
    BMW apps
    MSRP $42,815 including destination
    He is asking $3500 total out of pocket $405/month for 27 months.
    What do you guys think? Is this a good deal? I would really appreciate your responses since I need to buy one soon.
    $35,000 seems like an amazing price. What incentives are included with that ? (e.g. the $1500 cash or $1000 loyalty). Even with these, that seems like an excellent price, like 2,000 below invoice. PS what dealership did you get this price at ?
    Never mind - I misread you post - sorry.
  • monkeybaronjrmonkeybaronjr Member Posts: 22
    Love the forum, everyone. You've all been extremely helpful. We've decided to take the plunge towards a 2011 328i lease. Here's my best offer thus far:

Titanium Silver
    Convenience package
    Premium package
    Value package
    Navigation system

MSRP: $43,375
    Sale price: $39375
    Residual value: 62%
    Money factor: 0.0022
    No security deposit
    35 months / 12k miles
    Acquisition fee: $925
    "Up front" cost: ~$1000
    Sales tax: 6.24% (south Texas)
    Monthly payments: $603/month total

Does this seem reasonable? When I plug these numbers into different lease calculators, I get similar values. However, I see many people posting their offers with payments in the $400s. Am I missing something?? Are people putting "down payments" in order to decrease their adjusted cap cost (I was under the impression that you shouldn't do that)? This is my first lease and I greatly appreciate any and all input. My goal is to work another dealer with a slightly different build to a sale price around $38,000 or so, giving me payments around $530/month. Thoughts??

Thanks, everyone.
    No loyalty as this is my first BMW, that price has all the incentives.
  • bimmer328xibimmer328xi Member Posts: 13
    Money Factory is sort of high. Try to bring it down to 0.0018 or even lower.
    hi Monkeybaronjr

based on the current financials and how BMW is providing the residual, the 27 months is 71%.. this means, your car looses only 29% value due to depreciation in 27 months. due to this reason, you have a much lower monthly payment.
    acquisition fee - is high, negotiated buy price is higher, i have seen people in the post say it is around 35-37k for your MSRP. upfront cost seems to be reasonable, as it could be first month payment + title.

as Bimmer points, moneyfactor is high.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lefty26. If you negotiate your new lease prior to January 2nd you would be eligible for the .00105 money factor reduction. You cannot get both it and the $1,000 loyalty cash. It's one or the other (though technically, I believe that you could get the grand and a .00075 factor reduction).

The $1,500 dealer cash can be combined with the loyalty offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gsantos03. You said that you work for BMW? If so, I can certainly understand how you got such a good deal on your 2011 328xi Sedan. What problems is your car having? I would think that given the fact that you work for BMW you would be able to get them to take a close look at it and fix it properly. Are you leasing your car? If so, then it will likely be fairly expensive for you to get out of your lease at this point, unless you can find someone to assume your deal...and I'm not sure that BMW would allow this on an employee purchase.

The 2012 328xi Sedan is not available yet. It's difficult to say how much it will cost to lease one when it is available.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lefty26lefty26 Member Posts: 20
    Car man

Thank you so much for your information. I plan to be going to BMW the week after Christmas.

Happy holidays to you and all fellow posters.
  • drscottbdrscottb Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Hold on!!!

I just got a quote for the same 328xi with premium, heated steering wheel and sat radio. These quotes are NO money out of pocket. Only plates and DMV.
    All quotes include sales tax of 8.75%

$423/mo 10K
    $439 12K

Want a non metallic with Nav?
    $435/451. 10K/12k

This is metro NY area. Includes $1500 dealer cash. Must take delivery by end of year.

Someone mentioned you can take loyalty cash on top of the $1500. Is this true?
  • gleninnygleninny Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    a dealer in nyc quoted me the following for a 27mo lease on a 2011 328xi sedan with prem package, nav, heated wheel, sat radio, metallic paint
    msrp= 42,815
    resid @ 72% = 30,827
    invoice = 40,885
    lease factor = 0.00110
    upfront total = 1700 (includes incentives)
    mth pmt = 496

seemed like they could have lowered the invoice price more from the msrp but opinions/advice as to if this is good or could be better would be welcomed. Thanks.

Also, i'm turning in a 2009 335xi coupe with 20k miles on a 45k (3 yr total) lease, a few months early. Should that have any impact on the new lease? I would think it would help given the low milage.
  • cabo2007cabo2007 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    All - I just came back from a dealer in the NYC area and got the following deal...

2011 328xi
    Premium pkg
    Navi
    $38,200
    .00185 money factor (sales guy said that this comes from the bank - or BMW - and is not neg)
    71% residual
    $479/mo for 27 mos. - 12k miles a yr
    $400 out of pocket to drive away w car

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated (especially from car man on the money factor).

Thanks!
  • drscottbdrscottb Member Posts: 3
    2011 328xi
    Blk sapphire w/premium, heated seats and wheel, navi, dakota, and rear seat fold down. MSRP 43250

Nothing out of pocket at all except plates and DMV. All taxes rolled in. $456.44. First month waived
  • browneyezzzbrowneyezzz Member Posts: 15
    3000 down ( including taxes/reg ) and 298/month for 27 months...for a 2011 328i Xdrive with premium package.
    Is this a good deal ??
    on the face of it, 298/month looks good, but without knowing the sticker/sale price and total miles, it is hard to answer.

i being who i am, i will never put such a large down payment. all i will be willing to put down is - title fees around 600$. I heard the first month lease is being waived by the dealer and is willing to pay it for you .
    Thanks for your response..

Total MSRP as built is 40,815 taken for 10K miles a year
    if you are able to have sale price around 35 to 36k, at 10k and good credit, there is a high possibility to get around 350 (including & depending on which state/tax) etc., per month with title alone as down (also depends on what bank fees they drop on you "acquisition fee").

as you take the buy price lower than 35k, your monthly will keep dropping. i heard dealers are aggressive now.

the residual should be aroudn 72% for 10k miles. you are better off taking 12k miles as the residual is only 71%. to avoid any additional mileage. but this depends on your needs.

again, i personally dont like to put any down.. keep it to the lowest minimum possible and take the 27 month route.
    edited December 2011
    They came down to 2895 down / 10K miles/ 298 per month payment
    How does it look now..? They are not willing to negotiate on the downpayment keeping the same monthly payment. The 2895 is including all title/tax and dmv fees.

Is this a better option..?
    Or raising the monthly payment and then bringing down the donw..??
    2895 down ( which includes title/ taxes / all dmv fees ) / 10K miles/ 298 per month payment for 27 months

MSRP is 40185
    Sale Price 36795

Please let me know if its a good deal.
    hi
    you are getting aroudn 10% discount on the sticker to buy price. i have seen a little higher than that.. around 12% will be great.. but anythign over 10% is a bonus.. your call there.

i am seeing a lot of people getting first month waived

down, 2895 - will have around 600 in title. then the rest has your first month approx 300, that leaves 2k that goes into cap cost reduction and acq. fees.

if you took monthly payment to be slightly higher you will get it to approx 385 or so including state tax/monthly. add 15 per month for 12k miles.

so 87$ per month for 27 months = 2349...

so you have two options, reduce the "buy price", convert to 12k miles, or reduce the down payment, or reduce the monthly payout..

so any combinations.
  • chansol0chansol0 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car man I am about to lease one of these cars and wanted to make sure that I had all of the right info. BMW's website has a lease deal that is for 489.00 a month 36/10k with 4214 due at signing. Is it possible to get a better deal than this? I see that they want 3,000 down. Can I instead use MSD's in lieu of the 3,000 down? If I want 12,000 miles per year, how much should I expect the monthly payment to go up? I have impeccable credit, so I'm not worried about not being considered top tier for credit.
    What incentives are available for the 2011 3 series lease now..? I see a Manufacturer to Dealer $1500 and a Manufacturer to Customer $ 1000 when googling ...So do I get the full 2500 incentive? .
    Also what APR do we usually get for a great credit score..?
    I'm trying to negotiate a 600 down ( title) and 325$ per month for 10k miles/27 months. But needed to know for sure what incentives I am eligible for before going back to the dealer.
    Pls help...
  • mattm82mattm82 Member Posts: 2
    2012 328i Coupe
    MSRP - $49,175
    36 mo/ 10k year

Includes:
    M Sports Leather Steering Wheel w/Paddles
    BMW Apps
    Navigation
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    Premium Package
    Dark Burl Walnut
    Satellite Radio w/1 Year Subscription
    M Sport Package

Offering $800 drive-off (includes first month payment and title). $567 month plus FL taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • j_smith1j_smith1 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2011
    Picked up my new '11 328i sedan last week. 27/mo 12k. 71% residual. This is in NY with 8.75% sales tax. $850 acq fee. Here is the breakdown:

MSRP $35975
    Cap Cost $30800 ($1500 lease cash applied, no loyalty)
    Total out of pocket due at signing $295 for new plates and fees, dealer makes first payment
    Monthly Payment $365.xx including tax

I think I did allright. Thanks to everyone who posts valuable info here - made the process much easier.
    2011 328i xDrive
    MSRP 40655
    27 months / 10K miles

The dealer have locked in 1200 out of pocket( DMV taxes and stuff) and 315 monthly.

I'm on my way to the dealer now and will be trying to get him to eat my first month payment also.

Is this a good deal ?
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Long time no talk. Can you please get me MF and Residual % for a 2012 M3 Coupe for a 36-Month Lease (or whatever the December term is) and 15,000 miles per year and also, any incentives you know of (lease cash, winter event, etc).

Thank you!
  • soflabmwsoflabmw Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have recent residual percentage for a 2011 328i sedan for 36 mo and 15k, 12k miles?

Is 58% in the ball park?

Thanks from Miami
  • araisingaraising Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $41,215 Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Premium Package, Value Package, heated steering wheel, Dark Burl Walnut wood trim, Satellite radio with 1 year subscription, BMW TeleServices, TeleService Control, Combox controller.

Down payment $1,647 (includes first month payment)
    Dealer quote $435/mo including 9% sales tax
    Period 27 months

The BMW website shows special leasing offer - $329/mo for 27 months with slightly higher deposit.

Any suggestions?
  • assistpleaseassistplease Member Posts: 4
    I'm close to striking a deal on a 328xi Coupe and all I have to pay at signing are the "inception" fees. I see what others have paid to drive off and curious why I owe more than others at signing. The breakdown goes as follows...

$465 - 1st Payment
    $725 - Bank Acquisition Fee
    $302 - DMV fees
    $279 - Doc Fees
    $6 - Tire Tax

$1777 TOTAL

Do these numbers seem correct and am I in charge of Bank Acquisition fees at signing in cash??? Thank you!!!
  • kaustubhkaustubh Member Posts: 1
    Last week I leased bmw328xi with exact same specifications and MSRP from New Jersey (7% tax).

I will be paying $292 per month for 27 months 12K miles per year. Down payment was $2300 (decided to pay taxes upfront). Also provided $2100 refundable deposite to bring money rate down to 3%.

Please make sure that you are getting money rate per your credit score. Also bmw is making first months lease payment upto $500 under special promotion so you should not be paying for it for sure.

Carefully try lease brokers like neweraleasing if dealers are not negotiating.

Good luck!
  • sparkangelosparkangelo Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to get the exact same car. Could you possibly post the msrp of the car and what ou are paying for it per mo?
    Kaushtub,

That looks like a great deal. I've been given a quote from my dealer in NJ which reads as

MSRP 40655
    Sale 36130
    27 months/ 10K miles
    Money factor .0022 ( They say it comes from the bank and thats the best they cud give ..I see that mostly all other dealers I talked to are giving .00183..Is this negotiable or how do I bring it down )

Out of pocket = 1595 ( which includes taxes/dmv/ bank aquis and stuff)
    Monthly lease = 325

Which was the dealer in NJ that you took the car from?
  • MRHammarMRHammar Member Posts: 30
    Where did you hear about BMW making first lease payment? I'd like to be armed with that info before I close my deal. Thank you!
    Thanks kaustubh. Congratulations on getting a great deal and hope you are enjoying your new BMW.

If you would please share how I can get the dealer to agree on "bmw is making first months lease payment upto $500 under special promotion" it would help.

Can you please share the dealer's name from where you got this promo.

Thanks again.
    If you visit the dealer's website, they have the first month payment offer in the intro slides...
    Thanks browneyezzz for sharing, which dealer is this and their website URL?
    Essentially, all dealers have the offer now I think. Mine is BMW of Roxbury and this their website..You can see it as the very first slide..

http://www.bmwrox.com/index.htm
  • assistpleaseassistplease Member Posts: 4
    Hey Sparkangelo,

I had a great deal in writing for $465 a month with $1777 at signing in fees. The MSRP was $50,775 with sale price of $45,629 and then $2000 in rebates on top of that with the special MF of .00120. Well these scam artists claim they couldn't get car shipped to dealership in time before the programs end because no one would pick up phone at other dealership. They even said they don't have any cars to work on another deal before Jan 3rd. They gave me the dealership that the car is at now and the salesman there claims that my dealership was most likely giving me the run around or messed up numbers because they don't add up correctly. He was at $524 and $2967 at signing if I wanted to drive 2 hours away but I'd have to go tomorrow. I am back to square one and not happy if you could imagine. What numbers are you at with your dealership?
This discussion has been closed.