Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• jeres8860jeres8860 Member Posts: 9
    hey,

That seems like a really good deal! does the $580 include tax? what is the residual and money factor?
  • ranjohnranjohn Member Posts: 17
    Hi Carman, I just got quoted with a 328xi on a 36/12 lease (top tier credit), options include weather, premium, backup cam, sensor, darkwood trim, nav with a MSRP of 47595, and this is what I got:

First Payment: $495.64
    + Security: $0.00
    + Cap Red: $0.00
    + Rebate Cap Red: $1,250.00
    + Tax on Cap Red: $87.50
    + Upfront Sales Tax: $1,249.01
    + Acquisition Fee: $725.00
    + DMV Fees: $350.00
    + Doc Fee: $131.00
    + NJ Luxury Tax: $182.38
    + Other Fees: $0.00
    + Tax on Fees: $50.75
    - Rebate: $1,250.00
    = Cash on Delivery: $3,271.28

How does it look and what can I do to get a better deal?
  • atlrebmwatlrebmw Member Posts: 7
    328i with Lux, Tech, Prem, and heated seats.
    Jet Black.

MSRP: $46,545.

Lease deal in Georgia:
    36 payments @ $599, only first payment plus $85 tag fee at signing.
    this price includes all taxes, fees, etc.
    15,000 miles per year.

Seems like a good deal to me...any thoughts?
    Wow, 599 on a 46K car? That's way to high i think.
    It is actually pretty good. The cap cost is just below invoice. Nothing down but first payment and $85 tag fee. In georgia, we have a 6.5% of the price of the car in title charges added on top of the sales price. This added about $75 per month but we no longer have the birthday tag tax.

MF. .00127 MF
    62% Residual
    BMW Loyalty
    15,000 miles
    36 months

Other dealers in town wanted 5k down upfront to hit these numbers.
    what about sales tax and doc fees and stuff? Do you guys have to pay them upfront in Georgia?
    edited May 2013
    No sales tax. We pay the full new Tag Tax on the entire sales price which is 6.5% of the price paid on the car. This adds $85 to the monthly lease for 36 months. This tax along with doc fees are all included in the payment of $599. No birthday tag tax for the next 3 years on this car.

My drive off is $599 plus $85 and then 35 payments of $599 for 15k per year.

I paid just under invoice for the car with a MF of .00127 and 62% residual.

They are delivering the car to my office over 50 miles from dealership.

I could have pushed probably for a few hundred dollars off the price of the car but I felt this salesperson earned what he is making over the few day negotiation. He was never high pressure and nothing but accommodating.

The first dealer I walked into steered me away from the new 2013 since he told me my payment would never be near what I wanted. Second dealer wanted 5k down to get to these same numbers.
    This looks similar to my deal expect I had $2,880 in Tax which was rolled into my payments. I am also at 15,000 per year. What price are they selling you that car off MSRP? I am $684 drive off and then $599 payments for a car with an MSRP $1,000 less than your car. This includes all doc fees, tag fees, and taxes for the full 36 months.

It took me 4 days to arrive at these figures from a third dealer. They started much higher. I have a feeling with so many BMWs leased across Atlanta, many of the customers pay whatever the salesperson quotes with little negotiation.
  • jrf7jrf7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, All,

OK - so I'm a total neophyte - never leased a car in my 46 years. But I think it fits my current situation - a bit strapped for cash right now, don't have a car in mind I want to keep for 10+ years, and not driving very many miles right now.

So here's my question: I'm seeing a "special offer" lease for $319/month for 36 months for a 320i/xdrive, or $369/month for a 328i/xDrive (each w/$2750 down payment, roughly $3800 total due at signing) on the BMW of Richmond website. These numbers are WAY lower than I see being tossed around on this forum. What's the catch?

I see from a few minutes reading that many of you are negotiating from 10K/miles/year up to 12 or 15K...that would make some difference, but not a ton, I would think. There's also $750 "loyalty" cash that presumably would be $20 a month more if you don't have a BMW to trade in (which I don't). Still...seems really low. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Those special offers are just gimmicks in my book. I just signed a 328i at $599 for 15k. The reason I am at $599 versus the $369 is that I only paid my first payment down plus $78. Defeats the purpose of the lease right there. Then, my car has options that increased the MSRP of the car by 7k or so. The specials are for base models with no options. Then, we add in our car tax in GA which is another 6.5% on the actually agreed upon sales price. Taking all that into consideration, I end up at $599.
  • nypayznypayz Member Posts: 8
    Carman,
    do you have lease #s for the 2013 320i--36 months 10 miles?

thanks.
  • ikejonesikejones Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    Good deal? MSRP $54,775

Total Capitalized Cost $49,940.00

Residual Value $35,056.00
    Total Depreciation $11,884.00
    Capital Reduction $3,000.00
    Monthly Depreciation $330.11
    Monthly Rent $63.96

Monthly Payment $394.07
    Tax (9%) $35.47

Monthly Payment + Tax $429.53

Capital Reduction $3,000.00
    Cap Reduction Tax (9%) $360.45
    License & Registration $459.00
    Bank Fee $925.00
    Documentation Fee $80.00
    First Payment $429.53
    Security Deposit $3,150.00

Drive Off $8,403.98

Trade Equity $0.00
    Rebate $3,000.00

Due at Signing $5,403.98
  • watch101watch101 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Just closed on a 2013 328 xdrive
    Metallic paint
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    Burlwood
    BMW assist
    $45,525 sticker
    750 rebate plus 500 rebate
    36 months 10,000 miles/year
    $2300 total up front including, 1st month ,doc fees ,acquisition ,tax on the rebates...
    $425/month including sales tax
  • tantrumxptantrumxp Member Posts: 2
    Hello all. So happy I found this forum. I never leased a car before. So here I am hoping for some advice if I'm getting shafted. I don't know exact numbers or percentages but the car I'm getting or plan to get is a 2013 335is convertible fully loaded. I have a Infiniti 2005 that I'm trading in. Basically the deal is I trade in car for about 8-9g. I pay $500 for 35 mo. And disposition fee is 350 I think at the end. Miles is 10000/year. Good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome mbz01.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go mistagamer76. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 68% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00127 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome thevanguard.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks jeres8860. I'm glad that you find it so helpful.

BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 328i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ranjohn. Do you know what this car's selling price is? That would make it much easier for us to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nypayz. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 320i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year .00127 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tantrumxp. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's nothing wrong with trading something in when you lease, but...you should always have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your vehicle rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

It's difficult to evaluate your lease without knowing what this car's selling price is. Try to find out what they are charging you for the new 3 that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi am looking to lease a new 3 series and am deciding on whether to go with a wagon or 335ix sedan.
    I'm wondering if the deal below is good?

I was offered 654.07 +tax per month with 2279 down for:

- 335ix M package in Estoril paint.
    - Premium, Cold Weather & Technology Packages
    - Upgraded Harman Kardon sound

The MSRP is: 56 950 and I'm getting it for 53 159. 62% Residual. The money Factor is confusing as it's showing on the offer page as 1.79. If someone could clarify that, it would be a big help.

Any insight into this deal would be very appreciated.
    HI MBZ01,

Can you please give the first name and dealership of the sales person you were working with that offered you the best deal?

Thanks in advance
  • jrf7jrf7 Member Posts: 3
    Would those numbers be the same for the 320i xDrive?

Thanks!
    buddy, i'm looking for a car very close to yours. Can you tell me more detailes like Residual value and money factor you are using? Also which state you are from?
    The reason I'm saying this is because I did the math myself and with round 3500 off the MSRP (including 1250), i'm still getting around 441-460 for the monthly payment. Am I missing something?? Did you use 64% as RV?
  • tantrumxptantrumxp Member Posts: 2
    Hello car man. thanks for replying. Here are some numbers i got from the dealer

Trade amount is $9500
    Doc Fee 398
    Rebate $1500
    Warr Upfront Y
    Price 64980
    GAP Upfront Y (does this mean they give me gap ins?)
    Term 36/mo
    Govt Fee $356
    Rate .00127
    Taxes $2451.11
    ToT init pmt = $11,000
    Residual $45418.75

In the end my payment is just my car and $501.34 per month.

what do you think? I want to trade in my car because there are alot for sale around my area, and I think this is the best decision for me.
    Yes they are, jrf7.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man

can you please let me know if this is a good deal on a 335ix

msrp: 56000
    sale price: 52294
    residual: 62%
    down: 2270
    MF: .00167

monthly payment of 687.94

I haven't done a credit check yet, but I get the feeling they want to keep the money factor at that level. not sure if they'll budge.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this deal.
  • swameeswamee Member Posts: 32
    Go to another dealer dude! Several here have done it. Thats a very steep 40 bp mark up. Make it clear marking up MF is non-negotiable/deal breaker. A dealer in Maryland did that to me & then they dropped it by 5 bp as a favor to me but thankfully I realized what was going on when I got on here & found another dealer who didn't indulge in those things
    HI Swame,

Thanks for the insight.

I guess my confusion is, how do I know if I am top tier credit and if not, how do I know what my MF should be without the dealer trying to inflate it for their own profit. my credit score is around 750.
  • morocotopo13morocotopo13 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Hello car man, I'm looking to lease a 2013 328i in may with technology and premium package, the Msrp comes to $46, 625 with 15,000 miles/yr in Texas.

I'm looking to get payments of around $450-500 with $2000 of down payment.

What are your thoughts on this and what should I be looking at as far as money factor and residual value for the car?

Thank you so much for your help! I'm a resent college graduate and I'm really excited to get my new 328i!
  • m3chrism3chris Member Posts: 4
    Also interested in more info on this deal. Where did you buy?

What are the current lease incentives? Thank you.
  • alexandergldalexandergld Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Q: Ordered my car last month and still awaiting its arrival, not sure if May's #'s are better and I have no idea what incentives will be available for June. Can I get your opinion if this is a good lease. It looks good to me but a second set of eyes can't hurt right? Still deciding if I should go with the MSD. Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated.

328i Sedan
    36 Months/ 10k mi per year
    Packages: M Sport line, Driver Assistance, Lighting, Anti-theft Alarm system, Nav system, Moonroof, HK sound
    Dest $895
    Bank fee $925
    $49,820

Total cap cost $46,290
    MF 0.8 with 7 MSD or 1.29 without
    RF 65%
    with local tax added $491 with MSD $531 without
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Other than the MSDs, how much is due at signing, and what is the monthly payment amount?

(they are marking up the acq.fee by $200, but base rate on the MF)

Why wouldn't you do MSDs?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• alexandergldalexandergld Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Due at lease signing is the first payment, docs & fees $80, license & reg $420,
    $1035 without MSD or $4500 with the MSD

Payments
    with local tax added $491 per mo with MSD $531 per mo without

In re: to not doing the MSD, only considering because then I'm paying less down but overall yes it's smarter to do.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Doesn't look bad, at all..

MSDs are the way to go.. Where else can you clear $40/mo. on a $3500 investment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi morocotopo13. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

If you provide me with an approximate selling price, or at least the dealer invoice price of the car that you want I can use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • joephishjoephish Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me the current residual and money factor on a 2013 328i 48 month 12k/year lease for top tier credit?
  • m3chrism3chris Member Posts: 4
    The dealers have so many ways to manipulate the numbers... How should I approach them to get the best deal? Should I just ask to be at or near invoice and kind of start there? Looking for 328i or xi on a 3 year lease 10 k per year and I have top credit.

Chris
  • morocotopo13morocotopo13 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car man! The car I'm looking at is listed as follows

MSRP $44,495
    Dealer Discount $1,334
    True Price $43,161

What price should I try negotiating on? I calculated an invoice price of around $41,200. I'm looking for a low down payment and a monthly payment between $500-600.

Thank you!
    Absolutely joephish. The longest that BMW's special lease program is available for it 42-month terms, so you should go with that length lease instead of 48-months.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 328i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Chris. To me, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome morocotopo13. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 BMW 328i Sedan that has an MSRP of $44,495 and a selling price of $41,700 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $481. That would be $500 over invoice. If you use the selling price of $43,161 that you mentioned, the payment would be $522.46

Car_man
    Host
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    You're welcome morocotopo13. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 BMW 328i Sedan that has an MSRP of $44,495 and a selling price of $41,700 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $481. That would be $500 over invoice. If you use the selling price of $43,161 that you mentioned, the payment would be $522.46

Car_man
    Host
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

I'm currently working a similar deal for wifey. What do you think is a reasonable cap. cost for the car? I was offered $1200 over invoice, but this late in the model year, and with a high number of cars in stock, I am not impressed.
  • jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20
    Carman
    Any change from May on 328I 2013 residuals and top Money factor ? 10,000 12,000 miles?
    Thanks
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    They are the same. 2013 328i/xi now have $750 conquest cash if you are not a BMW owner and finance through BMWFS.
  • joelk01joelk01 Member Posts: 56
    Bamboo Anthracite Wood trim
    Navigation system
    BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    BMW Apps
    Convenience Package
    Cold Weather Package
    M Sport Package
    Manual Transmission
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package

$0 down
    36 Months
    12K/yr
    $500/Month
  • leoblueleoblue Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    I noticed quite a few folks asked: "I've placed the order for .... is it a good deal?". I'm curious: if it turns out not a good deal or a terrible deal, could you come back to renegotiate with the dealer? I thought once you sign the contract, it's done deal.
  • sparkangelosparkangelo Member Posts: 6
    I have 4 months left on my MINI cooper S which they will take back early.
    Looking at 2013 328 XI
    MSRP 43995
    pricing at 40875
    .00127 MF
    64% residual
    10k miles per year
    due at signing//600 includes first month payment...

497 per month taxes rolled in.. good deal??
This discussion has been closed.