Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• gunner14gunner14 Member Posts: 3
    Your post confirms I made a fair offer to my local dealer; just still waiting to hear back. Don't know if I will. Meanwhile, I will contact Fort Lauderdale. I'll sign on similar terms if they agree. Anybody have anymore information on how much longer a 2007 model can be ordered?
  • marcomanmarcoman Member Posts: 4
    This message board is awesome, helps to allow us on this side find out exactly what we can and cannot negotiate. Any thoughts on the Overhead Display on the BMW's with Navigation. Is it worth the extra $1K?
  • jobiejobie Member Posts: 47
    Just curious - which MB model did you just come out of? I've been looking at the 5 and the updated E350; the E supposedly has had some improvements, better handling, sports package, etc. I know the 5 is the better driver, but it looks like the E is getting closer; I think the E's interior is also nicer, easier to use, etc. I had a 2002 530i 5-sp which as great, I'm now in an SUV (LR3) which I'm thinking of dumping - nice for an SUV, but after 2 years I miss my sedan.
    Thanks
    Thanks
    I have the 2004 E320. With Logic 7 Stereo, Voice Recognition, integrated phone (not worth it since have to use a MB approved Phone that was a Motorla flip-tac.

I beg to differ on teh E. I find the seats less comforatble (stiffer), the steror wheel control Lame (the skip to next station does not go to your pre-programmed but the next station), and the humming noise of those damn brakes TOTALLY Bites ! AND I verified the 2007 Mercedes have the same brake "feature".

I went from a 740IL to the E320, and am going back. Plus i heard the 05 maint. they now charge for std. maint.
  • sixpaqssixpaqs Member Posts: 21
    I had a CLK500. My mom has a E350. It is a very nice ride and has a great engine. But I liked the 5 better. It is a much more comfortable car in my opinion and had a manual transmission. The 7 speed transmission is overkill in my opinion. The things is constantly shifting gears when you gun it, but at least the gear changes aren't felt. The rest is all a matter of taste. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. She likes it, and she used to have a 745Li, which she liked but thought it was too long and overly complicated.

I actually looked at the LR3, but it was too big for what I needed. Cool looking SUV though.
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    The email below was only the first round of negotiations proposed by my local dealer. His residuals are in line but the M/F seems higher. Shouldn't it be .00009 for the 530i? Please confirm. I told him I just wanted to pay 1st month payment & tag/title at lease signing. Thanks

Mr. Schaffer,

All BMW leases are done with the same rates and residuals, there is no tier system for credit scores.

530i options: Sport Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, & 6-speed Auto.

The money factor is .00125 for both leases and the residual is .7 for 24 months and .6 at 36 months.

36 months / 15000 miles per year.......$ 993.11 total due at signing, $ 743.10 per month plus tax

24 months / 15000 miles per year.......$ 1089.01 total due at signing, $ 832 per month plus tax

Thanks,

Richard
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Sixpaqs,

Please send me your salesman's email at Ft Lauderdale BMW. I'm in Tampa and looking to lease asap. You can email me gator00si@hotmail.com. Thanks
  • hba4hba4 Member Posts: 4
    What is the price of the car? Fees? Acquisition Fee? He can go lower on the MF which will bring that price down. Did he give you a good price on the car?
  • gunner14gunner14 Member Posts: 3
    I'm still in the hunt for 3 yr/12k 2007 530i lease.

Has anyone reengineered the BMW 530i special lease offer on the website? I just can't get the numbers to fit. Using the stated MSRP in the small print, is BMW assuming any discount to this price? Is the money factor the standard 0.0009? Is the residual value 63% of MSRP? (This is only a 10k offer on the website). What other costs would you expect if you walked into a dealer and said you want that deal? The small print says the acq fee is in the total costs shown; says that tags/title not included. What else?

Is this a good deal?

If anyone has tried to do this, please let me know.

Thanks.
    If you can get the dealer to give you .0009 that is great. They keep telling me that is BMWFC and to "keep the lights on" they quote .0013 or .00125....

seems though if you try hard enough you could get .0009, I gotta believe that BMWFC gives something back to the dealer...otherwise, why would we all have access to that number..negotiate the price, then the rates and drive off...and terms, the lower the miles the better the rate, I got residual of 62% on the 530i 2007. Appears the "Options"are non-negotiable, they go right to MSRP, and on the 530, there are a ton. For example, god forbid, heated seats - hell $525 for that ?
  • brifromdcbrifromdc Member Posts: 14
    Hi, new to the board and love all the great info. Can anyone share some recent lease numbers on a 525i? I'm trying to keep my paymets low, so thinking about a car close to the base model around $45k. Also, any suggestions for dealers - FFX, VOB or Passport?
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    I just went to couple of dealers last weekend. Both of them only had two 5 series each on the lot. Got quoted for the 525i:

Siver/Black + Premium Package + Cold Weather package

MSRP: 48220
    Sell price: 46xxx

12000 mi/year for 36 mo.

Money factor: 0.00065

Residual 62%

Monthly payment ~ $575.
  • anatolychanatolych Member Posts: 5
    Car_man, can you help with the MF and residuals for the 530xi over 2 and 3 years with 12K miles? Looking to lease in early Feb? Also considering the 328xi, would appreciate the same info there.
    Thanks in advance
  • brifromdcbrifromdc Member Posts: 14
    Thanks very much. Do you live in DC? The reason I'm asking is that DC residents get charged a 10% lease tax in every monthly payment. If that is a quote for a MD or VA resident - I have to add another 10%, so the DC payments would be $635. Thanks again.
  • medz_freemedz_free Member Posts: 1
    Very informative forum. I am looking into leasing 530i in the near future(DC/MD/VA)...any recommendations as to which dealer and any experiences out there? I am trying to keep my payment as low as possible. Thanks.
  • seleeselee Member Posts: 2
    Looking at 530I auto with Sport/Premium & Nav ~$52K invoice, targeting $500 to $1k over. Or 530IX Auto with Sport/Premium & Nav $52.4K, targeting $500 to $1k over. Goal is 15K per year, pay 1st and all fees up front. Which lease term is the sweet spot and what kind of payment should I expect(w/o taxes)? Thanks!
  • bdsouzabdsouza Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I've never leased a car and am amazed by the information and negotiation that is possible when leasing a car. You guys have it down to a science. I honestly do not know where to start. I'm ready to lease a 2007 BMW 525 xi with automatic transmission and cold weather package. The premium package and anything else is optional.

Lease: 36 months, 12,000 miles

Is a lower MSRP the only term that I can negotiate with the dealer on?

Overall, is it better to pay a bigger down payment ?

I'm leasing it thru' the company I work for.

I live in VA

Also, i contacted this website - South Bank Auto Leasing. Anyone who know anything about them?

Appreciate any advise you have

Thanks in advance.
  • pdurnianpdurnian Member Posts: 5
    Hi, HELP PLEASE!This is my first post, and I have been amazed at all the wonderful information!I currently have one month left on my 2004 525 BMW, and am looking to lease a 2007 530ia with the following options on it:
    36mo lease,12,00 mi per yr
    Premium package,Sportpackage,Aero kit,automatic,Nav.,Sat radio(1yr free subscript)
    The MSRPwith the options totals$60,540,salesman said he would give me $1,000 over cost, (but didn't email me that number)Salesman has offered a paymt compute of $739.oo +Tax=798.89,taking my 525i in now, WITH $3,500 to start!
    ! Or, if I make my last pymt,send the car back to BMW, $697.56+tax=755 per mo., with same $3,500 down...
    This seems pretty high as to what I have seen on this forum, can anyone help me to make a better deal, and what are the questions I need to ask the salesman? I am in So Cal,and need to make a deal before my lease is up next month.THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!
  • corschecorsche Member Posts: 29
    I am in So Cal. I think those numbers are high as well. My calculation based upon a money factor of .0009(current tier 1 January rate for return customer) You current lease is with BMWFS? and residual of 62% for a 36month/12K lease at a MSRP of $60540 and approximately $1000 over invoice would be $701 including tax(LA county). With only drive off of ~$1,250 which include first payment and licens fees. I even rolled the $625 acquisition fee into your lease.

Your are not getting the best deal. What dealer.

George
    Hi Corsche, THANKS for the reply!! Here is the latest offer from the dealer today:
    Lowest price to me: $59,000
    12,000 mi per yr,36 mo lease,
    $707.00 +tax=$766.00 per mo,with$3,500 out of pocket
    (The $3,500 consists of:$457.00 license fees,$798.42 first pymt(actually now will be 766.00), $2,017.82 cap reduction,and$226.00 cap reduction sales tax.
    The car has as follows,
    Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg., Sat Nav.,Automatic,Aero Kit, Rear Spoiler,Sat Radio,(1 yr free Sirius)
    They stated that the car is "special", and like no other with the rear spoiler,to look different than any other530ia, which is why they cannot reduce the cost to me any more. I do love the car, but really want to make sure there isn't a better deal out there .
    What do you, or anyone else out there think of this offer?
    Thanks for any help!!!
    Corsche,I forgot to mention, yes, my current lease on the 2004 525i is through BMWFS.
    It is a choice you have to make. The challenge is the aero kit which they don't put on many cars. I believe it is a dealer installed option, but not 100% sure. I would still suggest trying to get some competitive pricing from other dealers. I know that Pacific in Glendale internet sales will go $1000 over invoice. Why not try them and if they don't have the car they can try to locate it for you. At least you will have a competitive price that you can use at your current dealer to get them to come down more on their price. There are a lot 530 on the lots and you should be able to get a better deal. I was able to get $1100 over invoice for a 550i that will be arriving at the port in two weeks.

Good luck.

Corsche
  • drtrentdrtrent Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the board but was looking at the BMW web site and they had a lease deal for a 2007 530i with a 36 month lease for $499/month with $2,500 down payment and $500 security deposit. This was based on an MSRP of $49,470 and it is for the 530i with automatic transmission. This is for 10,000 miles per year.
    This is quite a bit less than what I have seen for other comparable cars in this price range. Is there some catch or is this just a great deal? I understand that they are changing models this year. Does this have any bearing as to why they are offering this?

Also, this deal is until 1/31. Does BMW offer these deals often? I was not ready to lease by 1/31 but don't want to miss this if similar offers won't be around later.
  • be02939be02939 Member Posts: 14
    I have been in discussions to lease a 530. A salesman in San Diego told me that BMW has "run out of their 85 Euros" and will be raising prices very soon. Has anyone heard about that? He also said that if you have a car on order the price will go up if is has not yet been built.
  • lsmblsmb Member Posts: 7
    Carman, corsche or other Lease-guru

This forum has been great for me to figure out the science of a competitive lease contract. While I have all the elements to negotiate good numbers, the dealer went into hibernation after I challenged his first and completely nontransparent back of an envelope "scenarios".

The car is meanwhile produced and "awaiting transport", expected to be here end of February, beginning of March. I am confused as to when which MF rates get locked in (his proposal is based on .00205 while the published rate is .0015).

- when does a lease normally get signed? Apparently not when you place the order.

- what information gets shared or negotiated? (assuming it is similar to financing re paperwork and disclosures)

- How far away can a dealer stray from the "published MF and residual values)?

This is the strangest business process I have experienced in a long time. Any insight is very much appreciated!

I don't want to get snowed forever and then not having any other options or leverage with my back to the wall.

Thanks guys, Lsmb
  • petesoepetesoe Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 BMW 525i with COLD WEATHER PKG., PREMIUM PKG., WOOD TRIM, XENON HEADLIGHTS, ADAPTIVE HEAD LIGHT CONTROl Excellent Condition and only 16,200 miles. I want to exit my lease early and the dealer here in Minnesota is telling me they will only give $36,000. The total payoff is $39,500. Does the dealer offer seem realistic?
    Lsmb,

I do not know why the dealer will not give you the buy rate of .0015(you should get that as long as you give a security deposit). With the security deposit waived the rate should go to .00165 unless you are a returning BMWFS customer. As for locking in the rate the dealer can lock in the current months rates for 60 days(you need to ask them to do it) and if the rate get better you can benefit. This should give you enough time for the car to arrive. I did the same thing in December with my 550i and it is due to arrive on 2/10.

You complete the deal when the car arrives, you inspect it and finalize the paperwork. The dealers finance department should share all the details with you including money factor, residual, acqusition fee, security deposit, etc. before you sign for the car.

I hope that helps.

Corshce
    Thanks corsche for the reply, do you have the web address for pacific BMW internet sales? I shall try that avenue and see what they can come up with.
    I appreciate your help!,many thanks...
    pdurnian
  • boorapperboorapper Member Posts: 2
    Hi this is EDDIE,

I recently received a sum of money which I could pay off about 50 to 60 percent of the total debt that I have.

So my questions are should I pay off my debt first before applying to BMWFS.

My credit score is around 650 and it would surely go up to around 680 in about 2-3 weeks after I make the payment.

Will it affect the money factor or negotiating options that I might have from a dealer if I have a better credit when I go to lease the car because I really want to lease either 335i, 525i, or 530i ASAP.

Thank you so much, any replies appreciated
    pdurian,

The rules of the forum does not allow for me to post their web address, but if you google Pacific BMW and go to their website there is a link on the home page for Internet sales department.

Good luck.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    It's going to be more than two or three weeks before that shows on your credit. I'd pay down the debt and wait at least 45 days. Some creditors don't report your info to the bureaus but once a quarter. If you can't wait that long, pay down the debt and contact the creditors to have them report the change immediately. In such case, it still won't show on your credit report before 30 days have passed.
  • japellegjapelleg Member Posts: 4
    I know it is $625, but when one is negotiating with the salesperson and comes to an agreed upon price, does this include the $625 acquisition fee, or is that extra?
  • crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    Looks like MF's and Residuals went up across the board for the February Lease offers :(
  • lsmblsmb Member Posts: 7
    Corsche,

thanks for the insights. I made some progress by escalating it up the chain and have at least now all his (new) deal elements. I think they tried to make up for what they gave up in the sales price negotiation by snowing me with the lease deal. The calculator I shared with you earlier was extremely helpful, since it exposed the whole calculation within cents. (Learned also how security deposit gets calculated: first payment rounded up to the next $50, in my case $700).

Without ever admitting to it, he now changed the MF from .00205 to .0019, a step in the right direction, which he claims is the current "BMW sales support rate". Interestingly enough this rate gives me the same results as the bmwusa website's payment calculator, on the basis of which I started my negotiations before seeing this forum and the .0015 MF)

He now claims that he was unaware that I was trying to negotiate the lease (after a 3 weeks email trail...), which is baloney. At the time of sale, he provided me with a handwritten note on two scenarios to which I never agreed, since they were far beyond "rounding errors" he claimed to be the difference. He also said that the MF was non negotiable within the BMW system, I would get the best rate automatically. Apparently all not true.

Do you have any arguments for me, why he "needs" to give me a lower MF at this stage? Other than just begging. Or do I have to cut my losses at this point of little leverage?

Thanks again,
    Lsmb
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    With all that shady activity from the salesman, I'd cut my losses and never set foot in that dealership again. What's the name of the dealership? And what city is it in?
    Where did you see the new lease rates? They normally are not posted until the 5th of the month.

Thanks,

Corsche
  • petesoepetesoe Member Posts: 2
    HELP carman and kydfx!

I want to exit my lease early. 22 Payments remaining. Any suggestions?
    BMW web site has new lease offers expiring Feb 28h - pmt on 525 is 410 higher than pprevious month. Word out there is the inventory on 5's is limited. They must be clearing the market for the 08's due out in late spring.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're right, crzycool22. BMW Financial Services' lease program for the 2007 5-Series is slightly worse in February than it was in January. BMW claims that it does not have enough inventory of 5-Series models to justify the level of lease support that it was providing last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Corsche. BMW's new February lease program has been published. If you tell me what model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need I will be happy to give you an idea of what its February numbers are like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi petesoe. Why do you want to get out of your current lease so early? I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One some of our most knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and they are often kind enough to give others their opinions on vehicles' value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lindalouwholindalouwho Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I saw your offer to the other person to figure out some lease numbers, and was hoping you might for me too? I am new to the board and to leasing, and am trying to get an idea of what I'm doing before I walk into a dealership. I'd like to lease a 530, so I'm thinking it will total around 50 to 53 thousand, is my guess. Not sure. Can you help me with some lease numbers? One other little question. I have not driven a 530ix yet, only the 530i. Think AWD will make it drive more roughly? Thanks in advance for any and all information.
  • lindalouwholindalouwho Member Posts: 2
    Hi, again, Car_man. I forgot to add that I need a minimum of 15,000 miles per year, for three years. Thanks much. Lindalouwho
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car_man,

Can you give me the current residual and mf for a 36 month, 15K per year lease? Also, does BMWFS offer a 39 month lease and if so, are the numbers different?

Thanks.
    Car_Man,

Thanks. Looking for 550i for 36 months with 12K miles per year lease rates.

Corsche
  • jaypsjayps Member Posts: 9
    2007 530xi
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Automatic

Selling price $52,500
    36 months, 15,000 miles
    $4000 includes all fees and cash down
    $699/month
    residual $32,500

I believe the money factor is .00185, no security deposit.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any comments!
    Is this a good deal?
    525I lease for 28 months. $800 at signing. (1st pmt, DMV, Doc Fee)
    $512 per month tax incuded. (OPTIONS - AUTO & COLD PKG)
    MF .00005 Res 72%.
  • tybalt33tybalt33 Member Posts: 11
    Whois quoting you these numbers. I have been to several dealers in the Richmond VA area and spoke with South Bank Leasing. The best terms I have seen this month is a MF of 0.0009 Residual of 65% for a 30 month 15K year lease. To me that is a good monthly payment.Who is offering that rate?
  • japellegjapelleg Member Posts: 4
    2007 530i...cold weather package, premium package, navigation, sport package, comfort access, satellite radio. 12,000 miles/ yr..negotiated price $56,300 ($2000 below MSRP).

Money Factor 0.00051 after 8 security deposits.

Money due at signing is 8 security deposits, $625 acquisition fee, $300 of for tags, plus state tax.

Lease payment: $630/month for 36 months
  • eoulimeoulim Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I have two questions.

1. A BMW dealership ran a credit report on February 4th.
    Do I get January rate or February rate ?
    The published February rate says "effective February 6th"

2. Let's say I'm making 7 security deposits on 36 months
    lease. When are the times I should make these deposit
    after initial decurity deposit ??

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.