Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• joeadpjoeadp Member Posts: 68
    2007 BMW 5 SERIES 530i w/AC , Auto

36 Months

Monthly Payment:

Purchase Option:

MSRP:

Est. Miles Per Year:

Disposition Fee:

Money Due at Inception

1st Month Payment:

Security Deposit:

Acq Fee (Upfront):

Upfront Taxes:

total Out of Pocket

Or wait and get a 2008 with 300hp?
  • kmeastkmeast Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man and fellow forum members!

I am getting ready to lease a 2007 525xi with NAV, Premium package, Cold weather package and automatic and these are the terms
    MSRP 52,300
    Dealer discount 50,245
    3 year lease, 12k miles, MF .00140
    lease payment $637 including taxes, title & fees with 4160 down.

European delivery would be $539 a month.

How can I come closer to or under $500. How can I negotiate a better deal? What are rebates?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    I would get them to knock another $500 off the CAP Cost of car. (If the "AC" is active Cruise control The invoice on your car is around $47,780) - and I calculate your cap cost as $49,412. (a 2.6% discount) - that's a dealer profit of $2,600 If you can get them to know another $500 or more off price your payment goes under $600.
  • grjohnsonjrgrjohnsonjr Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 530i within the next six months in the Washington, DC, area. The important considerations for me are 3yr lease, 12-15k mi/yr; premium package, navigation is essential. What should I expect to pay for a car so equipped?
  • rbortolonrbortolon Member Posts: 1
    Hi jayps,

I saw your question to car man. I've been researching 525 and 530 xis. That looks like a pretty good deal. I was wondering what dealership was giving you this deal so that I might use it in negotiations with my dealership.

I case your wondering this is what I had so far:

2007 525 xi

listed MSRP at 51,220
    sale price 49,220
    $2500 cash down
    36 months, 12,000 miles
    $578/month
    MF 0.0019, $600 security
    residual is 61% I do believe
  • kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
    Hey Everyone,
    I needed some advice. I am planning on registering two leased card from PA in California, and I spoke with someone at DMW and they informed me that I have to pay a registration fees. I already looked on the dmv site and they have a section for "fee calculations", however, it is not suited for leased cars. Also, I called them up and they informed me that I would have to come in and speak to someone in person. My concern is that in leased cars you do not pay a lump sump in sales tax, and you actually pay a monthly figure in every payment. Could someone who recently moved to California with an out of state leased car please share their experiences.

Thanks
  • 99_528i99_528i Member Posts: 27
    I was told by a dealer that the MF is 0.0014 for Feb (for a 36 month lease on a 530i), and he needs to add on top another 0.00015 if I don't want to put down any security deposit. But then I leased a BMW with BMWFS before (1999-2002), can that 0.00015 be waived?

BTW, does anybody know the base rate or MF for the month of March?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    It won't be waived, unless you currently have a lease with BMWFS.. You are much better off making the security deposit and getting the lower rate..

BTW, the dealer is already marking up the rate the maximum amount... the base rate for February is .0010

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shuale_ejsshuale_ejs Member Posts: 115
    I just wanted to say thanks to Carman and everyone else on the forum. All of your questions and comments were very helpful for me when shopping for my car. I also just wanted to say that after reading the last few posts about the current MF I am really glad my sales guy locked in my November MF of .00055 (eventhough I don't pick up my car until tomorrow).

Thanks again!

P.S. That's with 1 security deposit.
  • pbinkley1pbinkley1 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 530i w/sport package and love it. So much so I'm planning to purchase and own it for a long time. I was wondering if there was a forum or some good advice out there on how to get the best deal on this car. I know there is a set price that I can buy this car at then end of the lease but if I can do better than that and negotiate I'm happy to do what I can. I've seen people who are buying used BMWs on the other forum talk about how they try buying them for the "CPO" or auction price...how can I get in on that which seems to be below the original purchase price I agreed to when I leased it.
    Thanks, kyfdx.

Actually it was one of those end of month deal and I was able to get a $1000 above invoice for the 2007 530i. I was looking at 36-months, 12k per year, and the sales manager insisted that I have to pay the security deposit and I walked out at that point. I should have taken the deal ...

Does anybody know what's the March MF and residual value for 2007 530i, 3 year, 12k/year?

Thanks.

99_528i
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ukrainian. Yes, this car's lease money factor is lower now than when you were quoted .00185 in December. BMW Financial Services' new March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 525xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lsmb. If I was in the market for a BMW and the dealer that I was working with was quoting me a marked up money factor I would tell them that I want them to use the lowest possible money factor to calculate my vehicle's monthly payment and that if they don't I will shop around until I find a dealer that will. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 550i in March is .00175 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00190 with the security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, jayps. So, you are being given a $1,720 discount on the 2007 BMW 530xi that you are interested in. This is probably a little over $2,300 over dealer invoice. I'm not sure if you will be able to negotiate a lower price than this on this car in your area, but that is a lot of room to play with so it's definitely worth a shot. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The good news is that the money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This means that the dealer you are working with isn't trying to make any hidden back-end profit on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lsmblsmb Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Car_man,
    we compromised a week ago at .0018 with a security deposit and he threw in one of the dealers perks (Diamond Fusion Coating for windshield; no necessity but fun). I clearly didn't like the process, but was ok with the result at the end, since I really missed out in the beginning to nail everything down. It was an interesting learning experience for my first lease deal. Don't know what I would have done without having had access to all the info in this forum. It's brilliant! Will be back in three years :) LSMB
    Hi joeadp. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings kmeast. There is a pretty big spread between the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in. You are being given a discount of $2,000 on this car, but I would not be surprised if this was still $3,500 over invoice. I personally would shop around a little bit to see if this is as low a price as you can get on this car in your area. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on the '07 525xi.

The money factor that you were quoted looks good to me, but you really are making too large a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their is a good chance that they down payment will just disappear. You can and should lease any vehicle that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi grjohnsonjr. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 99_528i. Here' is the information on the new March lease program that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 530i with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, shuale_ejs. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tdn9999tdn9999 Member Posts: 4
    I just got an offer from a dealer in MD who is offering the following:
    530xi w/ Cold Weather, Premium, & Sport Package. also includes NAV, Sat Radio & Auto Trans.

MSRP-$58,095
    Selling Price-$55,500
    MF-.0025
    Residual-60%

He claims that the dealer is only making $1800 off the deal but the MF number look suspicious to me.

To get the payments in the mid $600, they are quoting a 5K down payment.

Steer me right as I need a vehicle by Monday.

Thanks
  • echethamechetham Member Posts: 22
    I assume your looking at 36/15k mi

2007 BMW 530xi Sedan BMW Financial Services Lease Rates and Residuals – Effective 3/5/07
    Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00165 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00165 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 31% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    If I can get them to lower the value to .00165, is it worth the deal? Reading in the forum, there are suggestions not to put alot of $ down.

What would be your best approach?

Thanks
    Well you want the lower MF if you qualify, plus if you live in MD, I think they want sales tax up front. Check with the dealer. Mid to upper 600s sounds about right with 5k down if the taxes are included in your down payment. The non xi models have a lower money factor (if you can find one) at .00085, its a heck of a deal.
  • japellegjapelleg Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the March money factor for the 2007 530i?

thanks
  • grjohnsonjrgrjohnsonjr Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man, thanks very much for the help. I am away from DC for few weeks but I expect to contact a dealer sometime next month and I'll be back in touch.

All the best,

George
  • obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    530XiT 2007
    Nothing down, tax also rolled in
    0.00165 MF 3k off MSRP, 60% residual
    36 months, 15k per year
    MD lease
    I understand this is not the correct forum, but the other forum doesn't have many members. I have decided to get a 7 series. Can anyone provide info for that model.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0a511b.ef9d9cf/59

Thanks
    MF is .00200 on that one, If you go to Bimmerfest.com in the ask the dealer forum, they have all the info you need as far lease rates and such.
  • brifromdcbrifromdc Member Posts: 14
    Hi - I locked in on a 525i back in January and will pick up my car in about 10 days. My dealer said they would lower the MF if BMW reduced it in March.

I made the 7 additional security deposits and reduced the MF from .00065 - .00049 = .00016 money factor. Is this the best deal or did the MF improve in March? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Higher now... .0085

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Anybody know what is the MF and residual now (March) for 2007 530i, 3 years, 12k miles per year?

Thanks.
  • eoulimeoulim Member Posts: 9
    What kind of price and MF are you guys paying?

A salesman claiming I should pay MSRP now...
  • grios1grios1 Member Posts: 22
    Hello, Can anyone advise what the MF would be for a 2008 525?
  • eoulimeoulim Member Posts: 9
    0.00085 and 60% AFAIK
    Thanks
  • docrobdocrob Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 2007 525i (only need auto transmission), 15k per year (36 months). What are current selling price, residual, MF? Also, how is sales tax handled in Texas? Thanks!
    Hi japelleg. Through April 2nd, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 530i is .00095 for leases up to 42 months with the payment of a security deposit that is equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment at lease signing. If you opt to have your security deposit waived, this car's money factor would be .00015 higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Dear Car_man,

What is the MF and the residual value for 36 months lease, 12k miles a year for the 2007 530i?

I assume the rule of +0.00015 MF to have the security deposit waived still applied.

Thanks,
    x99_528i
  • pwhite52pwhite52 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at an '07 530. Dealer quoted $1,000 off MSRP in mountain west region with MF @.00135. MSRP @ $52,350. I wanted specific color combination but pretty standard options (Step/Prem/Cold). 36 mo's/15K with residual @ 60%. Not a really great deal in my mind. Any opinions?
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    OK... a stoopid question, but does BMW offer any lease deals on their CPO cars?
  • justicebaileyjusticebailey Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a 36 month lease, nothing due except first month's payment - 12,000 miles, 4.8% rate (aka .002 money factor) and $54,960 price. The invoice on the car is 53,060 and the MSRP is 57,760. In Maryland, the sales tax is 5%. Number 1, any comments on this deal? Number 2, they quoted me $850 lease payment and according to my calcs the payment should be more like $741. I haven't spent any time quizzing them, but before I do so, wanted to see if these numbers (with exception of payment since I'll drill into it) sound like a good deal. This is for the 2008 - and it would be ordered to specs. Thanks...
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    At $1900 over invoice the price is better than I have seen in NY/NJ, although I haven't heard the best offer yet from the dealer I have used before. The buy rate MF is .00250 from what I have seen on other sites. Did they roll the acquisition fee into the monthly payment?
  • fatboy04fatboy04 Member Posts: 7
    I just stop by my central New Jersey dealer to ask him about the lease program for existing BMW owners. I spoke to the sale manager without sitting down to press the issue, and he told that I may order A 2008 535I with $1500 hundred off sticker and a MF of .0018, a residual value of 62%, 12000 miles, 36 months. I may also lock in a lease rate for 90 days. I told him that I was not ready yet. However, I just want to know from other members on how close can I get to the invoice. In addition, may other members provide me some numbers on the deals that they acquired.
    I'm showing different numbers on the MF for the 535. I got the numbers off this site. I'm showing the MF to be .00250. What is the msrp that ur looking at?
  • fatboy04fatboy04 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    .0025 MF is for first time BMW owners and .0018 is for existing BMW owners. BMW claims that it is only for the month of April so I ask the sale manager if this program will be extended he said he would look into it. My error above, you can only lock in the rate for 60 days not 90 days. MSRP $54405 with premium package/cold weather/park distance/premium hi-fi
    Thats not a bad drop on the MF. Do you know if the drop only applies to the 5 series only? I plan to order a 335 sedan in the next few days as my 04 525 is up mid-June.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    I have been told by a dealer that the reduction in MF is for 5's and 7's only.
  • lawbuzlawbuz Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Washington DC area, and a reputable dealer here has confirmed the 6% APR on the lease of the 535. I assume this is for first-time BMW buyers, but I would like to get the alleged approx 4% APR for current owners. Second, I've seen the selling price as low as $1,500 above invoice. Is anyone seeing a lower sale or lease price?
  • ping2ping2 Member Posts: 6
    I am new to leasing and would appreciate any relevant feedback. I am looking to lease a new '08 528. The car the dealership has arriving end of April is a 528 dark grey, leatherette with auto and cold weather package. They are offering the following: 36 X 15,000 miles per year is $695.38 including Pa tax. Cash out of pocket is $2,195.13 including a refundable security deposit of $700.00. Is this in the ball park or am I a new, potential sucker?
This discussion has been closed.