Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• hermes2hermes2 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

Car 2011 535i
    Package 1
    Package 2
    Sports package
    Black Saphire Metallic ($550)
    MSRP $60425

Negotiated Cost: $54,735
    Money factor: 0.00195
    12K miles per year (3yr lease)
    Residual 58%

Adding:
    Wheel, Tire insurance (curb scuff marks included) Plus Dent Coverage: $1648
    Title&Registration: $68
    Taxes: $1788
    Acquisition Fee: $925
    Processing Fee: $399 (dealer added fee - non-neotiable)
    New Total: $59563

Capitalized cost reduction: $6757
    Lease payment $685

Good deal should I go for it?
  • dougal1dougal1 Member Posts: 2
    My deal is as follows on this car. 61,175 msrp, wit a cap cost of 54712.46-1,000 rebate =53712.46.

Money factor is .00185. I am paying taxes, bank fee ( 725) and first month, 719.00 up front. My monthly lease is 719.00 for 36 months. I think this is an ok deal but know that there is some play in money factor. I was told that I could have lower money factor or not have rebate. I think this is true but wonder if there would be savings with say, a money factor of .00165 and no 1k rebate. Am I missing something? Just don't want to overpay. I am in NY.
  • dougal1dougal1 Member Posts: 2
    residual is at 55%. I know it was higher earlier in year and currently on some other models.
  • ezinn12ezinn12 Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2011
    Guys, to qualify for the loyalty incentive, is it ok that if I had a Mini financed through BMW fin serv. that I paid off 3 months ago?? What is the longest time I can go and still qualify?

Eric
  • chadmandelchadmandel Member Posts: 11
    Carman, can you provide October MF's and residuals for the 528, 15K miles, 36 months?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kssod1. Vehicles' lease payments are always calculated using a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi awhat. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 535i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 550i Sedan are .00195 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chadmandel. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 528i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor for loyal customers would be .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    Hi Guys,
    I am still on the hunt for a car. Now considering the 2011 535 XI 10k year lease. Can you post the rates and rebates if any?

Thanks,
    LT
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    It appears as if there are 3 incentives on 2011 535xi - loyalty cash of $1,000, $1,730 option credit (for navigation?) and $1,500 credit. Is this correct?

I am interested in a 36 month lease at 10k per year or a 24 month lease at 10k per year. Can I please have the lease rates for these combinations?

Thanks
  • dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    Please tell me where you found this deal. I'm in Dallas, and no dealer would come close to it. I never get the extras, but i have a buddy wih a 5 series that did and has already used it on two tires that formed bubbles (although i bet it would have been covered by his tire warranty).
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Can the subject credit only be applied towards a vehicle that is equipped with navigation?
  • cameron13cameron13 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    i am lokoing at 2011 528 i, i am lost on how the dealer is still at a 550 payment 36 months with 6K down, using 55% model and the money factor in above messages. please help, they said it is a 49K car they are selling for 41K with trade/down.
  • hirischirisc Member Posts: 6
    You can plug in your respective numbers, money factor, and residual and determine your payment here:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

G/Luck on your purchase
  • sonyswsonysw Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    Instead of putting money as downpayment (you will lose the money if your car totaled), I would put money for security deposit to buy down the money factor. You will get your money back at the end of the lease. This is what I got for car with MSRP $48250 528i. 10K 36 months lease

$1,900 = Drive Off (including license, fee and first month payment)
    $4,200 = Security Deposit ($600 x 7)--will be returned by BMW at the end of the lease
    --------
    $6,100 = Cash Due at Signing
    $564.88 = Monthly Payment including Los Angeles County Sales Tax (8.75%) x 35

OR

$1,900 = Cash Due at Signing (Not buying down MF)
    $603.96 = Monthly Payment including Los Angeles County Sales Tax (8.75%) x 35
  • vonshannonvonshannon Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,
    I reacall there being a fairly high residual for the 550i xdrive GT in September. Not sure if it carried over.

Can you please provide the MF and residual for October 2011? I presume we are talking 2012 at this point with limited availability on the lots.

I need 24 / 12 and 36 / 12.

Not sure if the nav credit or 3500 build out applies to the 2012's. Any other incentives you are aware about except the .00030 loyalty?

Thanks for all your help!
    Experts,

What discount do you expect I should be getting on a 2011 535i (prem 1&2) demo with 7k miles?? I am trying to negotiate a price and so far just got about 6k off on an MSRP of 61k. I am guessing it should be more like $8k, especially since I get a nav and loyalty incentive. Any suggestions??
    Carman,

can you please post the current lease rates for a 2012 528i 12k/36?? Is their any place that we can find these rates posted monthly??

Eric-
    I'd be happy to help you out, ltyenta. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 535xi Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    You are correct, kball2. All three of those cash incentives are indeed available on this car right now.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 535xi Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 64%.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, that option credit is indeed only available on units that are equipped with nav. There actually is a $1,000 credit on non-nav units, but I doubt that you will be able to find many on dealer lots.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vonshannon. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 550i GT xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 73%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease would be .00195 and 67%.

The loyalty offer is the only incentive that is available on the 2012 model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go Eric. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car.man. It's either .00030 or $1000 for loyalty, correct?

Eric
  • jit3jit3 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Carman and kyfdx what is the 2012 535i residual and money factor for 12k lease? Thanks
    Yes, correct. You can choose either of the two.
    .00195 and 54% @ 12k miles. 52% on 535xi w/ 15k miles. HTH
  • acetneracetner Member Posts: 22
    Carman, Can you tell me the mf and residual in october for a 2011 535 xdrive for 3yrs and 15k? Thanks!
  • chidogzchidogz Member Posts: 3
    So i am pretty new when it comes to cars. So i want to lease maybe in like February of next year a 2012 bmw 535ix. So if anyone can please help me and break down what the residual value means? And what would be a good deal with someone who has least one car before for 39 months.
    Car_Man,

In your experience, have you seen the money factor lower in November/December than the rest of the year??

Eric-
  • dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    After gleaning all of the information possible from this website, I pulled the trigger on a charcoal gray 535i here in Dallas. It has M, Premium, Premium 2 and Luxury seating package. Its a sweet ride. Although I never buy warranties, I did buy the wheel warranty given all of the issues I've heard about this runflat/rim combination. Although I live in Dallas, I purchased from Autobahn because they did not give me any run around and were straight up honest. I did a one pay lease because they offer 100% tax credits, which in Texas means you don't pay any sales tax. In the end, my payments were calculated on a .00170 money factor, 36 months and 56% residual.

I highly recommend Autobahn to anyone looking in the DFW area. Chad Barton was my salesman, and he was no nonsense. Dallas BMW is like buying a chevy, with the Managers sitting behind a glass wall making all the decisions while your salesman runs back and forth. At autobahn, its just you and the salesman who is acting more like your advisor and helping you make all the right choices. Classic is fine, but they won't negotiate price and are loathe to negotiate lease factors.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    But we have no idea what you paid ... ????
  • emoryemory Member Posts: 4
    Good information. I am in Dallas and am looking to replace my current lease with a new 5 when my lease expires in the next 3 months. The car your purchased sounds similar to what I am looking to buy. What was your final price and what does that work out to in terms of monthly payments? I agree with you on the Dallas dealers. My last two BMWs have been from Moritz in Arlington.
  • urnzwayurnzway Member Posts: 7
    Hi - I am looking for mf and residual numbers for a 2011 535i w/ 10K miles annually. I am a current BMW lessee so I am curious about the availability of loyalty rebate/incentives.

I am also trying to figure out this "option credit" that is being offered - they say there is a $1730 option credit available for this vehicle. When I look at the offer it mentions that it comes with Premium pkg, Nav, Auto, and Destination charge for MSRP of $54,675, which is a much larger delta than the $1730 option credit being offered - the premium pkg, nav, and destination is worth $4775. I am obviously missing something here - can you explain? Thanks very much.
  • socaldtsocaldt Member Posts: 2
    Car Man

Thank you for this info, I have been contemplating the 5 Series GT and it appears that BMW's lease rates this month for the 550GT are fairly aggressive. I noticed that you posted the lease rates for the 550GT xdrive, would the 4x2 model have the same MF and residual on the 36m/36k lease, or do they differ?

Thanks

DT
    You're very welcome Eric. You are correct, as a loyal customer you can choose either the grand or the money factor reduction...but not both.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jit3. BMW is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time today, November 1st. Please check back with me in a day or two and I'll be happy to update you on what the new numbers are like.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Eric. It wouldn't surprise me if BMW's incentives were indeed more aggressive in December than they were in October. Of course, having said that it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey socaldt. BMW is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time today, November 1st. Please check back with me in a day or two and I'll be happy to update you on what the new numbers are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • krazy3281krazy3281 Member Posts: 11
    HI Carman,

Could you please give me Money Factors and Lease Residuals for 2011 + 2012 535xdrive for 15,000 miles/year and 36 months?

thanks.
    CarMan,

When released, please post the MF, Resid and incentives for a 2011 535i.

Much appreciated.

Eric
  • chadmandelchadmandel Member Posts: 11
    Carman, can you provide MF & residuals for 15K miles on a 528? Also, loyalty programs, if any? Does the nav credit continue? Thanks.
  • vonshannonvonshannon Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info Car_man!

Hoping you could provide same info again for November. I locked in October rates but if November is an improvement I can use them instead. Also, I hear BMW launched an aggressive campaign for the holidays with up to $2,500 on every 2012 model. Hoping you can shed the light for anything that applies for the same model and terms as before. Thanks again in advance for all your help!

2012 550i Gran Turismo xDrive - MF and Residual for 24 month / 12k year and 36 month / 12k year.
  • dominic6dominic6 Member Posts: 3
    Dear All,

I'm currently looking for a lease deal on BMW 528i with Premium Pkg and Navi, 2011 or 2012 model in L.A area. What's consider a good deal? I'm new into these whole leasing thing. Please give me some advice~ Thanks all~!
    I got a quote for $1200 Down. $700 (OTD) for 2011 528i w/premium and navi. 10K for 36 months.. is that a good deal? or I can do better?

Tks~!
    I just sat in a dealer for 2 hours that was a 2 hour drive from my house because I was getting an increadable deal!! A 2011 535i (M-sport, premium, Nav, etc). The car had an MSRP of 65,425. The dealer was discounting the car $9,500!! Thought it was too good to be true although it was an Internet price and other cars had similar discounts. I called and confirmed. Got to the dealer. Added the $1000 loyalty to the deal. They completed the deal with a MF of .00195 and res of 56%. Got all the way to the finance office, almost a done deal with a payment of $711+tx. At the last moment the finance manager walks in and tells them that BMW changed the residual on the car today to 49%!! Adding about $200 to my deal?? Obviously I storemed out! Is this true that the residual was lowered so much??
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Saw this and have to comment... It is true but it happened yesterday. You can get almost $10,000 off on a 2012 model and the residual is much higher with the same money factor.
    Insidecarbuy.. Thanks for your quick reply, you put me into a little better mood!! It was extremely agrivating to waste 4 hours, get my credit pulled to find out that the deal they offered changed!! All must happen for the best because I didn't know that I could get 10k off of a 2012.
  • urnzwayurnzway Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man

An update to my earlier request. I am hearing the residuals are plummeting on November rates for the 2011 models, so can you please give me the 2011 mf and residual vs the 2012 on the 535i w/10K miles annually?

Thanks!
  • cbeck44cbeck44 Member Posts: 9
    Car_man - awaiting your November rates and looking at rates for a 2012 550iX 36/10K.

Also interested in the new incentives - holiday cash and any additional rate buy downs. Also, can the BMWFS Loyalty incentives be combined with any of these incentives on a lease ($1K, 1% APR drop)? How does that effect the lease buy rate?
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2011
    What are November MF and Residual for 2011 550 GT please. 36 mo 12k miles.

macdad
This discussion has been closed.