Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• jit3jit3 Member Posts: 3
    Carman what is the latest for 2012 535i with 12k miles, I have a car on order and trying to decide lease vs buy. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go krazy3281. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00195 and 49%.

These cars' money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

When negotiating your deal on the 2012 model, make sure to take the new $1,000 cash allowance that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the latest for you, jit3. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor for loyal customers would be .00030 lower.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through BMW FS.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsa421dsa421 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Looking at a 2012 550i with an MSRP $73,475, car is due at port on Nov 16th, my dealer would be doing a "trade" with the dealership to get the car. Salesman who is a "friend of a friend" has offered $2,700 off MSRP for discount INCLUDING loyalty incentive (I am turning in my 5.0 X5).

Are most dealerships prone to knock more $$$ off if they don't have to "trade" and order the car directly from the manufacturer? Do the figures above seem like a not so great deal, I certainly am not impressed.
  • mac0404mac0404 Member Posts: 1
    Carman - can you tell me the residual and lease factors for a 550i that i have on order and should take delivery of this week? 3 year 10k/year. Loyal customer discount

Should i push this off to December to get Holiday packages?
  • escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    DSA421, I am not completely knowledgable on the 550 market, but I can tell you that if it were a 535 it would be a horrible deal. Essentially he is offering you 1700 below MSRP. I got my 535 at $200 over invoice price (Edmunds base invoice plus 200 training fee + 385 MACO + 200). Also, I ordered this car and it is being built as we speak. Current incentives are 1k Loyalty, Nav (550 doesn't qualify though), and 1k Mission/Holiday (must finance or lease though). Also 1k for BMWCCA members. Good luck.
  • ezinn12ezinn12 Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    Finally working a deal on a pretty loaded 2012 528i. Let me know what you think...

MSRP: $61,975
    Sale price: $55,225 incl $3,750 of BMW incentives
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: .00195

Discounted enough?? It's being ordered for me to my specs..

Eric
  • vhl71vhl71 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone post the latest lease rates for canada?
    Looking at a 535 x drive GT. MSRP is around 76K
    Don't know how much discount I shoudl ask the dealer.

What's the lease rate and discount I should be hoping for? What's the right res value? I'm looking at 36 mon lease with 0 down
  • chris295chris295 Member Posts: 1
    hi Eric.

i'm looking for the same car. i received the same quote for price and interest rate. however, i dont think i got the loyalty rate break since this is the second bmw. what is your pmt they quoted?

pleased send to chris@raorganicspa.com

thanks so much.
    Chris,

My deal changed a little since I posted. I ordered a 528i with an MSRP of $60,525. The discounted price was $54,385 and then recieved the $1,000 loyalt. With $2,000 due at signing, my payment is $733+tx. And you?

Eric
  • ozarkgolferozarkgolfer Member Posts: 23
    I purchased a 2011 535i yesterday that must have been one of the last ones received in Houston as it had an arrival date here of September 25. 35 miles on the odometer and $62,875. I paid $53,000 and had the dealer include the iPhone cradle.

I asked for purchase and lease alternatives and the dealer was trying to mark up the lease rates significantly.
  • novass66novass66 Member Posts: 21
    Looking to lease 2012 535i for 36 mos and 12,000 miles in Virginia Beach area. With options, MSRP would be $60,950 + destination. Options - dark graphite, NAV, rear camera, premium pkg & sound, dakota leather, and cold weather.
    - What price should I be able to negotiate for this car?
    - I'm being told there's a $1,730 NAV credit - any other incentives I should be expecting?
    - Quoted loyalty MF rate of .00130 ("just announced") and residual of 55% - sound right?
    - What other Lease charges" should I be expecting to have?
  • cbeck44cbeck44 Member Posts: 9
    Appears you are getting a 0.00065 reduction from the base MF. That is twice what the current Loyalty lease incentive is (.00030). Is it possible you are exiting a current lease shortly, as a new enhanced loyalty program was just announced which discounts the rate further if getting a car in next few months, but exiting one also within a strict upcoming timeframe.
  • novass66novass66 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    cbeck44, thanks for your response. Yes, my curent lease is up Dec 8th and I was discussing with the dealer either pursuing the 535i or waiting until the new 3 series came out in a few months. Does this scenario sound like it would qualify for the new enhanced loyalty discount that was just announced?
  • jcarmjcarm Member Posts: 19
    Ezinn,
    How many months and miles did you have for this deal? This is a higher discount than I have seen. A total of $7,140? Can you tell me what incentives these were for? Was the $2000 due at signing a down payment or just first month payment acquisition fee, tax, licence, document fee?

Thanks
  • cbeck44cbeck44 Member Posts: 9
    The enhanced loyalty (which I believe gives an addtional .00075 discount) has pretty strict guidelines - current lease maturity between Dec 1st and February 29th, and the consumer must take delivery on or before January 3rd, 2012.
  • fenicep3fenicep3 Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2011
    Hi carman, I am looking to lease a 2012 528i xdrive with cinnamon dakota leather, m sport package, technology package, cold weather package, side and top view cameras and driver assistance package. I live on long island, ny. The quote I received for a 48 month lease with 12000 miles a year was $825 sign and drive. ( first month would actually be 992 plus plates). I am new to this so was wondering if this is a good deal or should I insist to lower monthly payments. They are giving me more than 4 thousand off msrp. I still think the monthly payment is a little on the high side. What do you think. I would appreciate any input that anyone has. Thank you
  • ibslatesibslates Member Posts: 10
    Why would BMW announce a loyalty program for lease ending in December and not include November leases?

My lease ends November 30th so it does not qualify. That bonus makes a big difference--I probably won't lease the 5 series because the lease rates are so lousy!
    Jcarm,

My lease is for 36m/12k miles. I recieved the nav, loyalty, and holiday $1000 incentives. The $2000 includes 1st, tax, tag, tittle and whatever, other dealer fees he could find.

Regards,

Eric
  • petercnjpetercnj Member Posts: 2
    The enhanced loyalty has a .00075 MF reduction. If you qualify, this combined with the normal loyalty rate gives you a total MF reduction of .00105. The base 5 series MF is .00195 and should go down to .0009 if you qualify for both MF reductions
  • vicjorvicjor Member Posts: 11
    hello i do not know if you got a good price but i just leased a a 528xi from smithtown for $500 down (motor vehical fees and taxes on rebates) 665 month with 12k miles 36 months.

the car came with navi, comfort pack and prem package I think some small extras as well 56K car lease after rebates and dealer discount around 50\K

owner loyalty
    navi discount
    nov mission dissount

I feel like i got a good deal my 328 from 2008 was 475 month and i put 3.5K down
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Is the enhanced loyalty only for someone coming off of a lease or does it apply to someone that has a buy currently financed thru BMW Financial Services?
    The enhanced loyalty is for current lessees with maturity between Dec 1 and Feb 29 who lease a new BMW by jan 3.
    Here you go mac0404. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 550i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    Car_Man or other - November MF and Residual for 2011 550 GT please. 36 mo 12k miles.

macdad
  • jcarmjcarm Member Posts: 19
    Car Man can you confirm that BMW will combine MF reductions for enhanced loyalty and normal loyalty? I am being told that you can get only one or the other. Has anyone actually received the .00090 rate?
  • jvostjvost Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2011
    I did receive the enhanced loyalty and they will combine them. It wasn't easy, as 2 of 3 dealers denied any knowledge of it. I had to copy the plan that appeared on a BMW dealer's website in another state and email it to my dealer before they acknowledged it.

The lease on my current BMW expired on Dec. 1, 2011, so I qualified. I did 2 more things to bring down the payment: I am a member of the BMWCCA, so I receive a $1,000 rebate on the lease of a new BMW. I used that as a down payment. Second, I took advantage of the multiple security deposit program to bring down the rate another .00035, by making 5 additional security deposits. This is a fantastic program and I highly recommend it.

Here was the deal I put together:

2012 535X-Drive, 36 Mos., 10,000 miles/year

MSRP: $61,325.00
    Discounts:
    Nav. Credit ($1,730.00)
    Additional Credit: ($1,000.00)
    Dealer Discount: ($2,796.00)

Selling Price: $55,799.00

Plus:
    Acquisition Fee: $725.00

Capitalized Cost: $56,524.00

Less:
    Cap. Cost Red. $1,000.00 (BMWCCA Rebate)

Capitalized Cost: $55,524.00

Money Factor: .00195
    Less:
    Loyalty: (.00030)
    Loyalty: (.00075)
    Net Money Factory: .00090
    Less:
    5 Sec. Dep. Disc. .00035
    Net Money Factor: .00055

Residual 56% $34,342.00

Payment B4 Sales Tax $637.80

Sales tax will be another $49/mo.

My objective was to see if I could do a $0 lease with a payment of $650 or less with tax. I came pretty close.
  • ap75ap75 Member Posts: 2
    Jvost: great deal man! How do you inquire about the multiple security deposits? Did you make them all at the time of delivery or through the course of the lease? Are the deposits refunded to you at lease end?

Car_Man or anyone - When you get them, I'm looking at December MF and Residual for 2012 535i xdrive please. (36 months/10k miles)

Also anyone have experience of combining the USAA discount to the lease? I actually got $1600 below invoice through the USAA-preferred dealer.

Thanks!
    Car_Man,

When released, please post the MF and Res. on a 2012 528i 36/12 plus any new incentives. Also, if I ordered a car in November and pickup in Dec. I am assuming that the Dec numbers count for me if they are better, correct?

Thanks

Eric-
    There's no trick to the multiple security deposits. Just tell them you want to make them when you do your lease. You need to pay them up front. You get the deposit back when your lease ends. In my case I wrote a check for $3500 (5 X $700) at the time of lease. You can make up to 7. I'm not sure why I didn't make the other two - I should have, but I got into the target range of my payment.

My payment without the multiple security deposits would have been $669.25, so I'm saving $31.45 per month. That's $377.40 per year on an a deposit of $3500 is a return of 10.78%. That's a whole lot better then .040% I'm getting from the bank. I have no idea why BMWFS does this, but I love it.
    Hi macdad. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 550i GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor is lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    edited December 2011
    Hi jcarm. According to what I have heard, the .00030 normal and the .00075 expiring contract money factor reductions can indeed be combined for a total reduction of .00105.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ap75. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i xDrive Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor would be lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    You're absolutely correct, Eric. If the December lease program for this car was better than the November program, you would be eligible for the better numbers. Unfortunately, I believe that the December money factor and residual for this car are exactly the same as the November numbers were....00195 / 56%.

BMW is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive plus free navigation on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • drdr3drdr3 Member Posts: 3
    Stop the press. What is that second .00075 loyalty reduction in the MF? Is that the issue the dealer was reluctant on?

I'm aware that the $1,000.00 loyalty cash can also be used to reduced the MF on a lease by .0003, but where is this second loyalty discount from?

Please do tell. I'm on the fence about ordering an X6 3.5 now of waiting for LCI in July.

Thanks,
    David
    The .00075 is applicable if your lease is ending within the month of December. However, I think BMW just introduced another program for people who have leases expiring after the new year?
    Does anyone know how much the conquest cash is for the 5 series?
    I do not think this is accurate. My understanding is the extra .00075 is for customers with leases ending by the end of February 2012 who lease a car by Dec 31 2011.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Hi Car Man.......Can you tell me if the .00075 expiring contract money factor reduction program is also applicable on an X3? I have seen nothing regarding it on the X3 forum, but thought I'd ask since I found it here, and thought it might apply to more than one model.

Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    Here is the actual language of the program. Please note that it has now been EXTENDED to include leases ending through April 30, 2012, but note that you must take delivery of the car by January 3, 2012:

BMW FS Loyalty Program
    $1000 Cash Incentive. All qualifying current BMW Financial Service customers BMW Financial Services customers with a BMW Lease or OwnersChoice contract scheduled to terminate between December 1, 2011 and April 30, 2012 are eligible for the following FS Lease Loyalty Rate Reductions or $1000 Loyalty Cash: Lease/Pre-Pay Lease = deduct .00075 Owners Choice = deduct 1.75% OK with BMW Loyalty Program for combined rates of: Combined Rate Lease/Pre-Pay Lease = deduct .00105 Combined Rate Owners Choice = deduct 2.50% Contracted rate may not be below .00005 for Lease / Pre-Pay Lease contracts or below 0.01% on OwnersChoice contracts Requirements and Restrictions: - May be applied against posted Sales Support Rates or Regional Standard Rates – unless specifically excluded in the program details. - N/A Pre-Pay Lease Rate Reduction - OwnersChoice financing is available only in Illinois and Texas. - customers must take delivery of a new MY11 or MY12 BMW from an authorized BMW dealer and enter into a Lease, Pre-Pay Lease or OwnersChoice contract through BMW Financial Services for this vehicle - Program Cars and European Delivery vehicles are eligible if delivered between December 1, 2011 and January 3, 2012. Vehicle must be reported delivered, and Lease, Pre-Pay Lease, or OwnersChoice Contract must be signed between December 1, 2011 and January 3, 2012. - Year End BMW FS Lease Loyalty Reduction cannot be credit locked.
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Does anyone know how this relates to the OWNER loyalty offers - The BMW website has this information listed as loyalty offers for current BMW owners.

SPECIAL OFFERS EXCLUSIVELY FOR RETURNING BMW OWNERS.
    BMW has always had a passion for performance – and for our customers. To thank returning BMW drivers, we're proud to announce a variety of exclusive financial offers1, including:

* A 1% APR Reduction
    * Special Lease Offers
    * $1,000 in savings

Do you know if these can be combined ? what exatly the Special Lease offers are ? Any additional infomation anyone has would be appreciated

Thanks !!
  • fastnfurious2fastnfurious2 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease the above car and found one equipped as follows.:
    Original vehicle price was $75,125. Options include... M-Sport Package, Premium II, Cold Weather, Sport Auto 8 Speed, Carbon Black exterior, Oyster and Black leather interior Nav, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Premium Sound, Head-Up display, Power rear sunshade. May have left out one or two other options. Monthly payment is $869.26 and includes all taxes for PA. I'm asking for $4000 down. I put $11,000 down. Lease term is 15k/yr 36mo. lease term. 29 months to go.
    Does anyone know what the comparable deal on a new one would be? Is the used one a good deal? Thanks!
  • sas12sas12 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man.

I have been looking at executive cars (550's) that have miles on them.

I want to lease but numbers just seem awful. I have a few questions I would appreciarte getting your opionons on.
    1. Why have the residual values drop so much in the last 60days? It can't be just because the 2012 's are out.

2.BMWFS further reduces the RV by .30/per mile on the car(so if it has 10k miles the RV is reduced by $3K). When I request the dealer reduce the price by a like amount they all take a hard line. Any idea why?

3. Most of these 550's have been on dealers lots over 120 days whcih tells me they aren't willing to negoaite the cap cost much and would rather let the car sit. Any idea why?

Last what would be your strategy to get the dealer to reduce the cap cost on a 2011 executive car that has miles it and get it off their lot before the end of 2011?

Thanks in advance.
  • verimill1verimill1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man,

just leased a 2012 528
    Imperial Blue
    Premium package (Oyster/black dakota leather)
    Tech Package (backup camera + parkings sensors)
    Heated Front seats
    NAV + xenon + power tailgate
    BMW apps

MSRP: ~54k
    PURCHASE: ~47k

36 months/12k
    3k total drive off
    $544 per month + tax

Was this a good deal? how popular is this color combination?
  • ocean13ocean13 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, thanks for helping here. Can you tell me current lease terms for a 2012 535i GT without xDrive for top tier credit? Thanks very much.
  • jit3jit3 Member Posts: 3
    Car man can I get these numbers for 10k and 12k mile leases??? Thanks
  • ocean13ocean13 Member Posts: 4
    ...I should have specified 12,000 miles per year and 36 month lease. Thanks
  • schieleschiele Member Posts: 1
    This is my 3rd new BMW in the past 6 years from this dealership. Here is their offer
    2012 535Gt is Jet black/ivory white and black dakota leather with the following options: Value package (power tailgate, universal garage door opener, comfort access keyless entry, rearview camera, and navigation); Heated front seats; Satellite radio; Rear entertainment; Smartphone integration; and BMW apps. msrp $60925. $5000 out of pocket 3 years/10000 miles yearly $699; 12k $725; and $750 15k. The money factor is .00120, enhanced money factor because lease expires in February. The enhanced owner loyalty lease expires December 31, 2011. Should I wait to see if I can get a better deal?
  • murali12murali12 Member Posts: 4
    Hi- Can you share infromation on where you leased it and the incentives you got to reduce 54k to 47k. So far i know, only nav credit and $1000 cash. Please email me - murali.madhanagopal@gmail.com with the info. Thanks much.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    You need to keep shopping… Since you get the enhanced loyalty you also get the $1,000 holiday cash and standard $1,000 loyalty. You should be looking for a selling price about $1,500 behind invoice plus the $1,000 cash and then the $1,000 standard loyalty. So effectively the selling price is $3,500 behind invoice. Then the reduction in the money factor brining it to .00120. This would bring you to a monthly payment of $497 per month on a 36 month term with 12,000 miles per year and a total of $5,000 out of pocket. What is the breakdown on the $5,000 out of pocket they quoted you? What state are you in? Glad you posted… I hate seeing deals like this!
This discussion has been closed.