Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ECH7. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that BMW is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for macdad. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535 GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Unfortunately, the $1,500 credit is not available on GT models.

Car_man
    Host
    That is very helpful information ech7. Thanks for sharing with everyone.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey snward09. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528xi with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 535xi are .00185 and 56%.

BMW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of '12 5 Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back teck2u2. The car that you described has a spread of around $4,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts you at around $1,000 over invoice...assuming that the $1,500 was not taken off before the selling price that you mentioned. That's not bad if you're taking the $1,500 cash incentive off of the $53,115 price. If it is already taking that cash into account then this is not a great deal.

Car_man
    Host
    No Gnews is Good Gnews... Wow, that's an old reference :). If there is an owner loyalty incentive on the 2012 528xi right now you probably would be eligible for it, however I am not aware of one.

Car_man
    Host
  • teck2u2teck2u2 Member Posts: 33
    Thank you so much car man. I will take your advise and try to negotiate some more as I do believe the $1500 was already taken into consideration in the quote I receive.

Two final questions please:

1. What is a good price for this car?
    2. Is the money factor correct since:
    a) I'm a returning BMW customer
    b) My credit score is 720s

Thanks a million!!
    Hey Car Man/anyone,

I was able to get the car for $50,086 which includes the $1500 spring rebate.

If the selling price is $50,086, can you please tell me what the following should be?:

- Taxes and Fees
    - Monthly payment
    - Money Factor
    - Risidual
    - Bank Fees

Remember, I have Tier 1 credit and I am a returning BMW cistome so no deposit is needed.

They want me to sign tomorrow so we can get the car by end of month so I desperatly need anyone advise before i siggn. Please, thanks :).
  • softwaysoftway Member Posts: 8
    Could someone tell me if this lease quote is good for a 2012 535i in silver, black dakota leather, tech package, premium package, premium sound package, sport package, heated seats, sports transmission, and BMW apps.

MSRP $63,595, selling at $58,750

36 months, 10k miles year, 1.85 money factor, 59% residual

Monthly is $786 (includes CA taxes already)

Drive off is $2,250 (they deducted the $1,500 off the original $3,750 drive off)
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    Don't forget the extra 1500 rebate you get from this site. All together you're looking at 48,586. Nice deal! :)
    Hi geocity20, thanks for replying. Can you please tell me where/how I can find the $1500 you mentioned? Is this the same or different from BMW's $1500 "spring credit?". Thanks a lot.
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    It's different to the credit BMW is giving. I believe this one is from Edmunds and BMW. The rebate comes up when you research other new cars in this site, i.e., Mercedes E Class sedan. Makes sense since they want to pull you away from their direct competitors. Look into the new cars and not in the forums. Sign up and you'll get the rest of the directions. Good luck.
  • bmwfan613bmwfan613 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man/forum members. Can anyone please comment if this is a good deal.

535xi - Base MSRP $54,800
    - Options are: imperial blue metallic with oyster black dakota interior, cold weather package, luxury seating, premium package, premium sound, tech package, multi-contour seats, side and top view camera, bmw apps
    - MSRP $67,245 includes destination
    - 36 months, 12K
    - $1,962 due at drive off
    - Monthly payment is $796 + $83 tax (NY) = $879

Thanks.
    Hi geocity20,

Wow! Thank you soo much!!! I just found, signed up for and received my coupon for $1500!!! Once I pick up my paper work with my new car I'll redeem my certificate for $1500!!! I get my car in 9 days.

You are the man (or woman :)) thank you!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

Love this forum.
  • iamgarygnuiamgarygnu Member Posts: 41
    Hu - I keep hearing about a coupon - above the $1,500 bmwusa rebate - I'm picking up my ordered car Tuesday, any info, or only for dealer's old stock, etc.? Thanks!
    Hello iamgarygnu,

Here is the FAQ on this rebate, enjoy! :)

http://www.bmw528icredit.com/faq.htm
  • bimmerfan8bimmerfan8 Member Posts: 2
    WOW! You're at $1500 under invoice before the discount. How did you negotiate that?
  • bjordan1bjordan1 Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2012
    thanks for all the helpful info.

i'm looking to lease a 550Xi and wanted to know if you could provide the money factor and residual for 3 yr, 30K lease.

also, when taking the 1,500 lease rebate into account, what is a good price to shoot for... 1,000 under invoice... 1,500 under invoice?

thanks!
  • iamgarygnuiamgarygnu Member Posts: 41
    Many thanks teck2u2, i followed the instructions i saw on the post (or a recent one) that said start to research a competing car - so i went to the e class and BOING - it was right there (i'd have missed it unless i was looking for it) - i'm thinking it won't work for me - i ORDERED the car, etc. - BUT, if i waltzed onto a lot i'd have gotten $3k between the BMWFS rebate and this offer. i'll still try it - but i doubt it will work. still, many thanks!!!!
    excited about picking up my new buddy tomorrow!
  • addictionsfaddictionsf Member Posts: 8
    Trying to lease a 2012 528i m-sport

currently there are the following rebates
    BMWNA - $1500
    Edmunds - $1500 (valid for me until jun6)
    Team Drive - $1000 starting may 29th
    BMWCCA - $1000

all together the rebates are $5000 so i am using that as a downpayment
    and extra $1320.00 as a drive off

BMW 528i m-sport

(500 over invoice)
    MSRP / sticker price $58,145.00
    Selling Price $54,570.00
    after taxes $59,344.88
    Down payment $6320 (rebates plus tax license...)
    Lease Term (months) 36
    Residual Value % 61
    Money Factor 0.0019
    Lease $ $355.04
    Interest $ per Month $159.07
    Payment NO Tax $514.11
    Payment After Tax $557.81

please let me know if this is the best price i can get around bay area or somewhere where i can save some $$$
  • cavallorossocavallorosso Member Posts: 3
    where can I find more info about Edmund's 1500 rebate?
    you have to be browsing comparable cars on edmunds and hope it pops up, you wont miss it it will be right on top left side closer to the middle

make sure you arent on work laptop and you never registered for edmunds from same IP, i had a problem like that 2 times.
    took me about 4 days of browsing for it to pop up the third time and i finally got it
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    The only way to get it cheaper is to get USAA insurance discount or to sell you kidney. Great price! You can probably do a few hundred dollars better if you buy the last day of this month.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • jk7jk7 Member Posts: 36
    What is the Team Drive rebate?
  • cbp1cbp1 Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    I'm looking at leasing a 2012 535, 10K or 12K miles, 36 months. What is the current money factor and residual? Thanks
    Sure thing bjordan1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 550xi with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I'm personally not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 550 right now, but if I was in the market for one I would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus any available cash incentives, obviously the lower the better.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cbp1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Call any BMW dealer. They are being held all over for the next three months. If you go to a dealer's event, BMW will donate $10.00 to the US Olympics and you get a $1,000.00 coupon of a new BMW which can be combined with the Edmunds coupon.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • jk7jk7 Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the info. I signed up for an event near home this weekend. It will give me a chance to check out the 528i.
    Can this can be combined with the edmunds coupon and the 1500 BMW incentive?

I am coming out of a mercedes lease. Does BMW have any incentives for owners of other vehicles?

Thanks again..
    Jay
    Yes it could be combined. You can also get more off if you get usaa insurance or a member of the BMW club of America for over a year. I don't know of any other incentives except the 1,500 through the end of May. Car Man may have more info.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    Hi whats the MF and Risidual rates for month of May?
  • deenfarz98deenfarz98 Member Posts: 1
    I can't get the 528i $1500 credit coupon to come up, is this still being offered?
  • bglickmanbglickman Member Posts: 7
    The Edmunds exclusive offer ended on 4/30/12.
  • kenger1kenger1 Member Posts: 22
    What type of discount does USAA insurance give for leasing a car?

Should I wait until Memorial Day weekend to head to the dealership for the best deal?
    Always wait until the end of the month to buy a car. It think the USAA discount is about a grand. Also schedule a Drive for the USA event. They give you anther grand off if you attend.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • mroi2mroi2 Member Posts: 2
    Any idea if the edmundes rebate is going to return?
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Carman:

Got email from dealer stated that there are $2,000.00 conquest certifciate for current Mercedes driver toward to 5-Series. Do you have any information on that? can it be combine with the current $1500.00 option allowance as well?
    thanks
  • dccardccar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman, can you please post the MF (with and without MSDs) and residuals for a 36mo, 12k/yr lease on a 2012 528i xdrive. Also, what incentives are available? Is BMW fin'l svcs still offering 1500, and is there also a 1500 option credit - are all of those in addition to the Team Drive $1000 certificate? Not sure if they can all be combined. I'm looking at an MSRP of just under 57k and a selling price of just over 50k, without tax or registration, etc. Putting down 7 MSDs, I'm seeing a money factor of 1.41 and a monthly payment (including ca tax) of just over 600. Thank you for your help.
  • nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

First, thank you for all of the information on the BMW X5; I was able to get a great deal on a 2013 X5 35i Premium. I am now looking at the BMW 5-series. I would appreciate it if you could let me know the May 2012 residuals and money factors for a 36-month lease with 10,000 miles for both the 528i and 535i. Also, are there reduced money factors for loyal BMW clients, and does BMW offer any annual mileage for a lease lower than 10,000 miles per year? I believe Mercedes-Benz may offer a 7,500 mile per year lease option and was curious if BMW had anything similar. Thank you!
    Hi addictionsf. It depends upon what trim level you want, how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need. Let us know and we should be able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dccar. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i Sedan xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively.

BMW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on this car. There is not an additional $1,500 for deals through BMW FS, just $1,500 total.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtroublewtrouble Member Posts: 1
    What is the residual for a 10k, 12k, and 15k lease for a 535i? Also what is the money factor for excellent credit?

I know there's a $1,500 credit being offered by BMW, but what about the additional $1,000 test drive credit? Is it still available? Can the two be combined?

Also, does anyone have any specifics on the USAA insurance credit? Can this be combined w/ the above two?

Thanks.
  • mroi2mroi2 Member Posts: 2
    I just submitted my BMW/Edmunds $1,500 rebate through the www.bmw528icredit.com site. how long does it take to process ?
    You can combine the two Currently. You should go to the USAA web site for their discount.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • chidogzchidogz Member Posts: 3
    Hey car man i am currently trying to lease a fully loaded2012 535xi. How much cheaper can leasing a demo be compared to a new car. Do you think its possible for me to get that lease under 700 a month? If its a DEMO?
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    It all depends on how hard you negotiate to get the selling price down. All other variables such as money factor, residual should/would stay the same I believe. I have not heard of mf and residual changing for a demo. Fully loaded 535xi would be in the 850/m range I think, however since its used you might be able to get it around 700 and change.
    I think if the millage is above a certain range bmwfs will not lease it either, they would sell it as a used car instead.
    Some other BMW owners (on another site) have stated they just got an email from BMW giving them up to a $2,500.00 credit on a 2012 models.(which you can use for a lease) I am trying to figure out how to get one since I already have a 3 series and I am consider getting a 5 series with the additional credit.

It also appears that you can now get the 2012 5 series under invoice from some dealers since the 2013 should be starting up next month and it should hit these shores in July.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2012
    I think the rebates are a combination of BMWCCA discount of $1000 and BMWNA $1500 option credit. Majority of the forum members have gotten deals where the sale price is roughly in the 500~1000 over invoice before applying the rebates, which at the end brings your purchase price below invoice. So Yes, you should be able to get a 5 series below invoice. How much below invoice is up to you. Happy negotiating!

Edit: If you participated in the Olympics team drive event (what ever they call it) you get an additional $1000 rebate towards a lease or purchase.
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    What is BMW offering for conquests? If you aren't a current BMW customer and not in USAA, are there any discounts? I'm in a MB lease and I am frustrated with having to pay way up to get leather (the MB Tex is awful... I've got cracks and splits on a 2 year car) and their NJ dealers are pricing these cars with hardly any discounts.
    No conquests as far as I know. Great deals on BMWs in north jersey and Rockland county. Just avoid Prestige.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
This discussion has been closed.