Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• where can I find more info about Edmund's 1500 rebate?
  • you have to be browsing comparable cars on edmunds and hope it pops up, you wont miss it it will be right on top left side closer to the middle

make sure you arent on work laptop and you never registered for edmunds from same IP, i had a problem like that 2 times.
    took me about 4 days of browsing for it to pop up the third time and i finally got it
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 124
    The only way to get it cheaper is to get USAA insurance discount or to sell you kidney. Great price! You can probably do a few hundred dollars better if you buy the last day of this month.
  • jk7jk7 Posts: 23
    What is the Team Drive rebate?
  • cbp1cbp1 Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    I'm looking at leasing a 2012 535, 10K or 12K miles, 36 months. What is the current money factor and residual? Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Sure thing bjordan1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 550xi with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I'm personally not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 550 right now, but if I was in the market for one I would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus any available cash incentives, obviously the lower the better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cbp1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 535i with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Call any BMW dealer. They are being held all over for the next three months. If you go to a dealer's event, BMW will donate $10.00 to the US Olympics and you get a $1,000.00 coupon of a new BMW which can be combined with the Edmunds coupon.
  • jk7jk7 Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info. I signed up for an event near home this weekend. It will give me a chance to check out the 528i.
    Can this can be combined with the edmunds coupon and the 1500 BMW incentive?

I am coming out of a mercedes lease. Does BMW have any incentives for owners of other vehicles?

Thanks again..
    Jay
    Yes it could be combined. You can also get more off if you get usaa insurance or a member of the BMW club of America for over a year. I don't know of any other incentives except the 1,500 through the end of May. Car Man may have more info.
  • Hi whats the MF and Risidual rates for month of May?
  • deenfarz98deenfarz98 Posts: 1
    I can't get the 528i $1500 credit coupon to come up, is this still being offered?
  • bglickmanbglickman Posts: 7
    The Edmunds exclusive offer ended on 4/30/12.
  • kenger1kenger1 Posts: 1
    What type of discount does USAA insurance give for leasing a car?

Should I wait until Memorial Day weekend to head to the dealership for the best deal?
    Always wait until the end of the month to buy a car. It think the USAA discount is about a grand. Also schedule a Drive for the USA event. They give you anther grand off if you attend.
  • mroi2mroi2 Posts: 2
    Any idea if the edmundes rebate is going to return?
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Posts: 13
    Hi Carman:

Got email from dealer stated that there are $2,000.00 conquest certifciate for current Mercedes driver toward to 5-Series. Do you have any information on that? can it be combine with the current $1500.00 option allowance as well?
    thanks
  • dccardccar Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, can you please post the MF (with and without MSDs) and residuals for a 36mo, 12k/yr lease on a 2012 528i xdrive. Also, what incentives are available? Is BMW fin'l svcs still offering 1500, and is there also a 1500 option credit - are all of those in addition to the Team Drive $1000 certificate? Not sure if they can all be combined. I'm looking at an MSRP of just under 57k and a selling price of just over 50k, without tax or registration, etc. Putting down 7 MSDs, I'm seeing a money factor of 1.41 and a monthly payment (including ca tax) of just over 600. Thank you for your help.
  • nd_irishnd_irish Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

First, thank you for all of the information on the BMW X5; I was able to get a great deal on a 2013 X5 35i Premium. I am now looking at the BMW 5-series. I would appreciate it if you could let me know the May 2012 residuals and money factors for a 36-month lease with 10,000 miles for both the 528i and 535i. Also, are there reduced money factors for loyal BMW clients, and does BMW offer any annual mileage for a lease lower than 10,000 miles per year? I believe Mercedes-Benz may offer a 7,500 mile per year lease option and was curious if BMW had anything similar. Thank you!
    Hi addictionsf. It depends upon what trim level you want, how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need. Let us know and we should be able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dccar. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 528i Sedan xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively.

BMW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on this car. There is not an additional $1,500 for deals through BMW FS, just $1,500 total.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtroublewtrouble Posts: 1
    What is the residual for a 10k, 12k, and 15k lease for a 535i? Also what is the money factor for excellent credit?

I know there's a $1,500 credit being offered by BMW, but what about the additional $1,000 test drive credit? Is it still available? Can the two be combined?

Also, does anyone have any specifics on the USAA insurance credit? Can this be combined w/ the above two?

Thanks.
  • mroi2mroi2 Posts: 2
    I just submitted my BMW/Edmunds $1,500 rebate through the www.bmw528icredit.com site. how long does it take to process ?
    You can combine the two Currently. You should go to the USAA web site for their discount.
  • chidogzchidogz Posts: 3
    Hey car man i am currently trying to lease a fully loaded2012 535xi. How much cheaper can leasing a demo be compared to a new car. Do you think its possible for me to get that lease under 700 a month? If its a DEMO?
  • kanchiskanchis Posts: 33
    It all depends on how hard you negotiate to get the selling price down. All other variables such as money factor, residual should/would stay the same I believe. I have not heard of mf and residual changing for a demo. Fully loaded 535xi would be in the 850/m range I think, however since its used you might be able to get it around 700 and change.
    I think if the millage is above a certain range bmwfs will not lease it either, they would sell it as a used car instead.
    Some other BMW owners (on another site) have stated they just got an email from BMW giving them up to a $2,500.00 credit on a 2012 models.(which you can use for a lease) I am trying to figure out how to get one since I already have a 3 series and I am consider getting a 5 series with the additional credit.

It also appears that you can now get the 2012 5 series under invoice from some dealers since the 2013 should be starting up next month and it should hit these shores in July.
  • kanchiskanchis Posts: 33
    edited May 2012
    I think the rebates are a combination of BMWCCA discount of $1000 and BMWNA $1500 option credit. Majority of the forum members have gotten deals where the sale price is roughly in the 500~1000 over invoice before applying the rebates, which at the end brings your purchase price below invoice. So Yes, you should be able to get a 5 series below invoice. How much below invoice is up to you. Happy negotiating!

Edit: If you participated in the Olympics team drive event (what ever they call it) you get an additional $1000 rebate towards a lease or purchase.
  • deenxdeenx Posts: 16
    What is BMW offering for conquests? If you aren't a current BMW customer and not in USAA, are there any discounts? I'm in a MB lease and I am frustrated with having to pay way up to get leather (the MB Tex is awful... I've got cracks and splits on a 2 year car) and their NJ dealers are pricing these cars with hardly any discounts.
    No conquests as far as I know. Great deals on BMWs in north jersey and Rockland county. Just avoid Prestige.
This discussion has been closed.