Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the additional information, newkid300. OK, so you were quoted a discount of $1,190 on this car. A base 2007 BMW 525i has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices, so you are at a little over $2,000 over dealer invoice. There's definitely some room to play here, if you are in an area that has several BMW dealers it wouldn't hurt to shop around a little bit to see if you can beat the price that you've already been quoted. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other consumers have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bu96. Destination charges are essentially part of vehicles' prices and should be treated as such. All of the other charges that dealers try to tack onto deals just serve to cloud the big picture. The bottom line is that you want to drive off the lot in the car that you want, paying the least amount of money possible. It doesn't really matter how the price breaks down in terms of fees. Have the dealer that you are working with quote you an out-the-door price that includes every fee for the car that you want. If you feel as though this price is too high, shop around for other out-the-door prices to compare it with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi spidy99. You are only being given a $550 discount on this car. A base 2007 BMW 530i has a spread of over $3,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price, with options the spread is even higher than this. As you can see, you've definitely got some room to play here. It would be in your best interest to comparison shop a little bit to see if you can beat your current price quote.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this car. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

For now I will calculate a couple of sample lease payments for you based upon the prices that you mentioned. Keep in mind that if you are able to negotiate a lower selling price, your car's lease payment will drop. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW 530i with an MSRP of $47,500 and a selling price of $46,950 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $752. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be around $683.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jab9. BMW is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 M5 (awesome car btw :)). As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor. Its standard money factor varies by region, but it should be around .00310 to .00315 right now. This car's 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value is currently 57%. Its 10,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, Mark1234. Capitalized cost reductions are absolutely not required. It never hurts to shop around. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi benbrandt. You mentioned this car's dealer invoice price in your post but never mentioned its selling price. I assume that you are not paying invoice for it. It is important for you to know exactly what your car's selling price is. It gives you an idea of what sort of discount you are being given. All of the other aspects of this deal look good to me, i.e. the acquisition fee, money factor, etc... If you provide me with this car's selling price I will tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bargamon. Taking European Delivery of a BMW is a great deal. The only disadvantage that I see comes when leasing. I've heard that BMW Financial Services charges consumers who lease a higher money factor for vehicles that are sold through the European Delivery program, but I do not know the exact details.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi everyone. Those of you who are in the market for a 2007 BMW 5-Series will be interested in the fact that BMW made an unscheduled enhancement to its lease program for this model two days ago. I would be happy to discuss the new, improved lease program with anyone who's interested.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ph_7ph_7 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Perfect timing - I'm planning to negotiate an end of the month deal this weekend, and would appreciate any information you have on enhanced lease terms.

Thanks,

ph 7
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I also am considering Leasing (perhaps Euro Delivery) of a 530i. My timing to make the deal is probably a month away but my planning has already started.

The downside, as I understand it, of Leasing on ED is that the Lease begins 14 days before you pick up the car and then after picking it up you have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to ship back and be delivered to you. So essentially you begin the lease ~ 2 months before you have it in your garage. If this is inaccurate please comment.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    All correct... except..

BMWFS waives your second lease payment on ED leases.

Of course, the ED lease MF is .0003 higher than US delivery...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• maf1maf1 Member Posts: 17
    Hello Car Man,
    I would like to know about these benefits. I am in the market for a 530 xi and have been offered different MF from different dealers, both 0.002 and 0.00175. I was also offered a substantial reduction in my monthly payments by one dealer if I paid the acquisition fee that other dealers were willing to waive.
    The vehicle is an 07 with Cold, premium package, premium sound, Automatic, Ski package, Nav system, Satellite radio, destination charge. The difference in monthly payments is 760 from one dealer paying the aq fee and 804 without the fee from a second dealer (with a lower MF). This seems like a big difference, and I think I’ll go for the better deal unless you have other information.

Thanks Marc
  • ph_7ph_7 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a 530i, with the new BMWFS lease terms.

Here's the deal I got:

2007 530i
    Cold weather Package
    ZPP Premium Package
    Sirius Sat Rad
    6-Speed Steptronic
    12/36 lease

62% residiual
    .00016 MF(!)

MSRP: $52,615
    Total Negotiated cap cost, including $49,776 purchase price, $1,603 taxes, $93 tags & registration, $825 acquisition fee: $52,296. No cap reduction.

Driveoff payment total, including security deposit & first month,and fees: $1745.

Monthly payment: $680

Not too bad, I think. New lease rates (.00016) really helped drop of monthly lease payment.
  • be02939be02939 Member Posts: 14
    Hello. Does anyone know what the residual and MF is for the 650 convert.? Thanks a lot.
  • joeblowjoeblow Member Posts: 11
    Carman,

Can you please give the specifics of the new lease program for 2007 530xi?
    A Money Factor of .00016 (three zeros) seems too good to be true. It drops the payment about $200!

THANK YOU ! ! !
  • joeblowjoeblow Member Posts: 11
    I am very interested in the specifics. I plan on leasing a 530xi if I can get the MF, Residual, and Cap Cost to work out.

By the way, this site/forum is a great service to consumers. I used valuable informatoin from Edmund's forums two years ago to buy a very high demand Toyota Sienna at 250 over invoice!
  • lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    I'd be very interested as I want to lease a 525 this week...was told by a local dealer that BMW will credit sales tax towards price of car till end of month....anyone else hear this?
    Hi Marc. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 BMW 530xi is now .00160 (.00175 with the waiver of if BMW's security deposit requirement). BMW FS charges an acquisition fee of $625 on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this charge at lease signing or have it added into your car's capitalized cost. BMW FS will waive this fee in exchange for an increase of .00035 in your vehicle's money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi be02939. There is an entire discussion for questions about leasing the BMW 650. Please post any questions that you have on this subject there. Here is a link for your convenience: "BMW 6-Series: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi joeblow. Unfortunately the .00016 that was mentioned in an earlier post is indeed too good to be true. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 BMW 530xi is .00160 (only two zeros) for leases up to 42 months in length.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello lansa. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2007 BMW 525i is .00160 for leases up to 42 months. I am not familiar with the tax credit promotion that you mentioned. Perhaps it is only available in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • be02939be02939 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks a lot, Carman. By the way, do you know if the 550's MF is the same as the 530's?
  • lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    Yes, .00160 is what I've heard.....what is the new lease modofication you mentioned for a 5 series?
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I just emailed a local Dealer inquiring about recent 5-series leases and he responded with a 0.0022 MF and 63% residual. I asked specifically for a 24mo term but the 63% leads me to believe this may be for 36mo.
  • erfanerfan Member Posts: 12
    Car man,
    Are these .0016 MF incentive still running for August and do you know how long it is supposed to last.
    Thanks.
  • rajivrrajivr Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

I am planning to lease a 2007 bmw 530i with automatic,premium, and navigation with an MSRP of 53,070. Invoice is $49,065 and I am anticipating a purchase price of 50,065-50,265 (based on my discussion with a few dealers). On this purchase price what would I expect to pay on a 3 year/36,000 mile lease only putting a drive off (no cap reduction) down based on the most current residual and money factor?

Thanks,

rajivr
  • lawman10lawman10 Member Posts: 15
    Carman I was wondering if you can help me out on this lease dilema that I am facing. My lease on 2003 530i is over in September. I have one payment left and I am over my miles by 3000.

I found a 2007 525 that I like its black with auburn seats which makes me want the car. The car only options on the car is the premium package, xenon lights, and satelite radio.

After negotiating with the dealer and really trying to get the car for the rock bottom price they are offering it to me for $642 including tax for 24 months 12K miles a year with $2000 due at signing plus first month security. The $2000 includes my first payment. He is holding the car for me until Wednesday. I am just trying to determine it this is a good deal. Can you please help. I need all the help I can get on this one. Thanks everyone. I am open to any suggestions on what people have.
  • flatout18flatout18 Member Posts: 9
    After much research, I finally signed on the dotted line and took deliery of my new 530.

530i - Black on Black
    Premium
    Sport
    Auto
    MSRP: 54,070
    Cap Cost: 52,494 (with fees rolled in, including $825 acquisition fee and $499 dealer fee; price of car without such fees is 51,170)
    Invoice - 49,975 without MACO fee or $50,375 with $400 MACO
    36 month lease
    12,000 mile
    MF - .00146 with two additional security deposits
    Residual - 62%

$698 per month.

I know they marked up the acquistion fee and the dealer fee is bs but I thought it was a fair deal. Even taking into account the extraneous fees ($200 markup on acquisition and $500 dealer fee), the cost of the car was 51,870.

A lot of people talk about $1000 over invoice but don't take into account other fees, acquisition, MACO, dealer, etc. My deal was $1500 over invoice. Not great but fair.

Lastly, I had a tough time finding a dealer willing to give me the car at the buy rate in south florida. This is the only dealer I found willing to do that deal.

Hope this helps others negotiating their deals.
  • rmudumbairmudumbai Member Posts: 3
    Am trying to lease 530xi. The dealers are taking me on a ride by quoting different things different days.

Did anyone lease a 530xi recently?
    Can you please let me know what the numbers look like?

Thanks much
    Dear Friends,

MSRP: 54,200
    Am looking for 36mo/15k miles per year.

What should be the first month payment?
    What is the monthly lease that I can sign up for?
    Did anyone lease one recently?

Please advise...

• lawman10lawman10 Member Posts: 15
    How much did you put down and which dealer in south florida. I went to one dealer in lauderdale they want $642 for 24month on a 525 car with prem pkge xenon lights and satelite tax included with $2600 total due at signing which includes $600 security. Your deal sounds so much better although I dont know how much you put down.

Thanks
    Lawman10,

Money out of pocket was as follows:

1. $2100 Security Deposit - One required deposit plus two additional deposits.
    2. First Month Payment of $698
    3. Tag - $150
    4. Other Misc. expenses - approximately $100

I did not pay make any payment to reduce my cap cost. In fact, I rolled the acquisition fee and the dealer fee into the cap cost. If I would have paid these fees up front, I would have paid $657 per month and saved $152 over the term of the lease.

I think I got a good/fair deal. I think south Florida is a fairly tough market to get a great deal in. It seems that all the dealers move a ton of cars and they are not too willing to negotiate.

I got my car from Lauderdale BMW on South Federal Highway. I would be glad to give you more info and let you know who I dealt with there. You can email at flatout18@hotmail.com.

By the way, I can't tell how good or bad a deal you are getting without an understanding of the invoice price, MSRP and other fees.
  • jobiejobie Member Posts: 47
    I'm considering leasing the same model and set-up - just wondering what your thoughts are on the SP vs. non-SP. I'm in upstate NY so I install 4 snows each winter, but am still concerned that tires will wear out too quickly, be noisy and be susceptible to damage,etc. Can you comment on the drive comparison, etc.? I don't care for the non-SP wheels at all - the SP wheels look great IMO. I turned in a non-SP 2002 530i without the SP and always wondered what I was missing. Thanks
    SP vs. non-SP is a very personal choice.

Personally, I not only like the look of the SP but the ride of the SP, tight and sporty. If I lived in an area with lots of pot holes and rough roads maybe I wouldn't have ordered the SP but in south florida I am fine.

Not to mention the comfort seats that come with the SP are fantastic. Even if you don't order the SP get the comfort seats. I always thought the extra money for the seats was a waste but now that I have them I couldn't imagine being without.

I am concerned about tires wearing out too quickly and becoming noisy. They aren't cheap. However, I haven't had the car long enough to provide you any guidance on this point. Given that I don't drive too aggresively and I probably will only drive 10,000 miles per year, I figure worse case scenario over a 3 year lease I will buy two sets of tires.
    You're very welcome, be02939. BMW actually recently enhanced its lease program for the 2007 5-Series. Its buy rate lease money factors for the 2007 550i and 530i for leases up to 42 months are now .00195 and .00160, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi erfan. Yes, the money factor that you mentioned is still available in August. I believe that BMW FS' current lease program is scheduled to run through 8/31.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey rajivr. Let's run some numbers and see what sort of a payment we come up with for this car. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW 530i with an MSRP of $53,070 and a selling price of $49,065 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $581.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lawman10. The best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on this car is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you if you provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and they will enable me to estimate what its lease payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, flatout18 (it's a nice one). thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful to other people who are in the market. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rmudumbai. This car's monthly payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I would be happy to calculate what this car's payment should be for you if you provide me with these numbers. You can find the MSRP of the car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • franklingt3franklingt3 Member Posts: 17
    Additional deposits were delivered to reduce the money factor from .0016 to .00146.

Each additional security deposit (up to 7 additional deposits) reduces the money factor by .00007. Therefore, you could reduce your MF by .00049. If you do not mind tying up four to five thousand dollars, it is the best deal going. Work through the numbers and you will see the savings. Paying down your cap cost makes no sense. You are better off buying down your MF with additional security deposits. You get the money back at the end.
  • superman105superman105 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman

the lease rate for 2007 550i 0.00195
    does this rate apply only to previous BMW owner ?
    is this rate with zero drive off ?

tks
  • tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    car man where can I find BMW residual and MF information on 12k leases I have values for 15k leases but I am wondering what the differences are

Thanks
    Triston
    Almost without exception, the residual for a 15K BMW lease will be 2% lower than the 12K number..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    thanks for the input
  • fm1fm1 Member Posts: 20
    I am considering to lease 07 530i with following options:
    Pre pkg/SP/Auto/PDC/logic7
    MSRP= 55970
    Discount 3000 -
    Sale price 52970
    Tax(6.25%) 3310.62
    Dealer inventory tax(.002364) 133.04
    Title 54.75
    License transfer 70.80
    Document fee 50.00
    Total 56534.46
    MF = .002 (The dealer is not giving me .0016)
    After 7 security dep., MF = .00151
    Lease terms are: 36mon/10000miles/63%residual/3500 down
    Note out of pocket cash is security deps + 3500
    Please look at the charges and tell me if dealer is charging
    me any out of the norm. I would appreciate if someone can help calculate the payments? Thanks.

fm
  • bettencbbettencb Member Posts: 7
    Am looking at a 36 month/15k per year lease on a 2007 550i. Cold weather, Logic 7, Sirius, Automatic. MSRP $61740. Cap cost $57700. The dealer is telling me the resid is 59% (I thought it was 60%) and that they just modified the additional security deposit rules to allow only 5 additional deposits instead of 7. True? Anyway, they are showing me a monthly payment of $754+tax with no cap cost reduction. First month, security deposit + 5 additional security deposits, $650 acquisition fee, $289 dealer docs, $145 registration due at signing. Thoughts? Thanks for your help - great forum!
    You are being ripped off. Go to a different dealer.
    They should give you .0016 and you should get the car for 1K more than invoice.

You should not put any down and payment should not be more than 780 for 15K miles/36 months
    The residual amount is 59%... Maybe you were thinking of the 530i, which has a 60% residual..

that is a pretty nice discount on an '07...

I wonder if these guys are familiar with the MSD program.. Unless something has just changed, the 5 MSD program was the new program about 3 years ago... The 7 MSD program was just put into place this past winter.. You should ask what reduction they are calculating for each MSD... Under the current program, you get a .00007 reduction for each MSD.. The old 5 MSD program only gave you a .00005 reduction for each MSD..

Calculating your lease, with 5 MSDs at .00007 for each one, I get a payment around $742/mo.+tax.. It looks to me like they may be using the old program..

Unless something has just changed... I think it is more likely that they are behind the curve..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.