Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• paul_luzpaul_luz Member Posts: 1
    just want to know who was your salesman at prestige bmw. how would you compare bmw prestige with bmw park ave. also in nj.

thanks.
  • ks10596ks10596 Member Posts: 18
    I have seen mention of the fact that you can pay extra security deposits and get reductions in the MF (by .00007?). Is the SD amount a standard amount? If so, how much?

Also, can you list the money factors and residuals for the 525i please sir.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• beamerjbubeamerjbu Member Posts: 7
    Hey paul_luz - Both my buddy and I ordered our cars from Prestige BMW (530xi and 550i). We comparison shopped Park Ave and Paul Miller and neither of them could come close to Prestige prices. From my understanding, since Prestige BMW pushes out more cars on an annual basis then both Park Ave and Paul Miller they are willing to negotiate alot more. The Sales Manager really worked for both my friend and I to get us near our price range. If you would like the name of the sales person that I used give me your contact info and I will email you the name.

Good Luck
    thx
  • bmwfan5bmwfan5 Member Posts: 22
    H Paul,

I dont think I am allowed to post salespersons names here but please email me and I can send this to you. I am very happy with prestige and have bought my last three BMW's from them. They usually price outmuch better than park avenue.
  • bebopjazzbebopjazz Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

It's now October. Do you know what the residuals and buy-rate money factors from BMWFS are for a 530i with 15k miles?

Thanks,
    BebopJazz
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    beamerjbu and bmwfan5 seem like salesmen by the way they're fishing for folks' contact info. That 550i lease deal that bmwfan5 got is right up my alley, but he didn't put a single detail about the car in there. Seems like an old salesman bait-and-switch maneuver to me. It's probably for a 550i with not a single option.

bmwfan5, give us some details about the car and show us some numbers. If you and that "deal" are legit, I will have to start shopping out of state for my 550i. I want:

2007 550i
    White on Auburn
    Sport
    Manual transmission
    Cold Weather
    Heated rear seats
    Navigation
    Sirius
    Wood shift knob

As configured at BMW's site, the MSRP is $65,739. The local dealer is basically not willing to negotiate at all. I don't mind travelling a few hundred miles for a good enough deal.
  • emccartneyemccartney Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the same lease terms for the 2007 530xi, 36 month, 15,000 miles?
  • stratapropstrataprop Member Posts: 19
    Does anybody know the October money factor/residual for October (both 12,000 and 15,000 miles)? Also, at what price (given the options below)in relation to invoice should I be able to buy this car?

My preferred car would be as follows:
    2007 550i
    Automatic transmission
    Titanium Grey exterior, Black leather upholstery, anthracite wood trim
    Sport package
    Logic 7 Sound
    Heated front seats
    Navigation
    Sirius
    fold down rear seat
    rear air bags

Thanks.
  • tcftcf Member Posts: 1
    I was told today that even though you agree on a purchase price $58,240.00 (2007 530i loaded)that the Residual Value (60%) is taken from the MSRP. If that is true then if you want to buy the car in the end aren't you actually buying the car for the MSRP and not your agreed on purchase price?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Your lease-end buyout is based on purchase price, but you will have lower lease payments because of your negotiations off cap cost. You still save your money.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome zengravy. If you haven't finalized this deal yet, you may want to try to get the dealer that you are working with to use a lower money factor to calculate this car's lease payment. I believe that BMW FS has some sort of "adder" for leases through its European Delivery program that makes the money factors for leases through it a little higher than its base money factors, but even with this adder this model's October factor is probably lower than the one that you were quoted. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 530i Sedan is only .00100.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jimboinla. $800 over dealer invoice is a reasonable price for this car. I believe that the money factor that you were quoted for it, .00175, is in line with BMW Financial Services' buy rate for a lease of this car in September with a waived security deposit. If you haven't finalized your deal yet, you are in luck because in October BMW enhanced this car's buy rate money factor to .00100 with the payment of a security deposit and .00115 with the deposit waived. Even if this is already a done deal, it looks pretty good to me. Of course, this is really $900 over invoice because the dealer marked up BMW FS' $625 acquisition fee by $100.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome Armitage Mike. This car's lease payment will depend upon how low a selling price you are able to negotiate. For now, let's assume that you are getting it for $1,000 over invoice. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for it, check out the following discussion: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW 530xi with an MSRP of $54,755 and a selling price of $51,120 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $599. With this deal you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, BMW FS' $625 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing. The lease program that I used to calculate this payment is only scheduled to run through October 31st. It is difficult to say what this car's November or December lease programs will look like, but I suspect that BMW will try to keep this car's payments at around the same level.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, fishbone1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 335i Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively. Leases through BMW FS with only 12,000 miles per year use residual values that are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per resids. Leases through it with 10,000 miles per year use residuals that are 3% higher than the 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi poet715. $650 over dealer invoice is a very good selling price for this car. Furthermore, I believe that the money factor that you were quoted, .00160, is right in line with BMW Financial Services' September buy rate for this model. This deal looks good to me. If you haven't finalized it yet though, you are in luck because BMW enhanced its money factor for the 2007 525i Sedan to .00100 in October.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ks10596. Security deposits on leases through BMW Financial Services are equivalent to vehicles monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program for the car that you are interested in is currently like, but you never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or what sort of mileage allowance you need. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 525i with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I sure do, here you go BebopJazz. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 530i with 15,000 miles per year are now an attractive .00100 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, emccartney. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 530xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here is the information that you are looking for, strataprop. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 550i with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 59%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher. I am not all that familiar with what the market is like for this specific model right now, but you may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    Carman: We'll be coming off lease (Volvo SUV) in December. My husband is planning to lease an X5. Do you think he would be better off terminating now in order to take advantage of any special lease rates/dealer support on remaining '06 models, rather finishing the term and leasing an '07? I'm thinking because the '07's are all new, there won't be much in the way of deals, especially just one month after release. Plus, the price will be quite a bit higher, I would think. You opinion is greatly appreciated, as always.

Oh, and I'm recommending he come out of pocket on the remaining two lease payments rather than rolling them into the new lease. Agree?
  • stratapropstrataprop Member Posts: 19
    Thanks.
  • bbmertzbbmertz Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, will BMW accept multiple security deposits on this 530i special lease to lower the money factor below 0.001 (e.g., to 0.00051 with 7 MSDs), or is there a minumum allowable money factor? I assume that the $625 acquisition fee is non-negotiable, but is it possible to negotiate away the ~$300 lease-end disposition fee? I was planning to buy my 530i outright when it is delivered on Friday, buy am considering leasing since these new rates seem quite attractive.
    I told my local BMW dealer about those lease rates on the 550i that you stated and they looked at me like I had a thumb growing out of my face!

Where'd you get those rates, Car_man??
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    I just got a call from BMW and their procing has changed a bit from July. Here is the deal on the table

MSRP- $57,915
    My Price- $55,000
    $ Factor .00160
    Residual 62%

Payment $715 per month
    12k miles per year
    $750 Sec
    $625 Bank Fee
    $715 first payment
    $1,400 Tax
    $349 Motor Vehicle
    $149 Doc Fee

Total out of pocket- $3,988

My goal is to get all of the fees rolled into the monthly lease payment and reduce same to $700 per month. Anyone think this is possible based on past experiances?

Thanks
  • bettencbbettencb Member Posts: 7
    Just completed the following deal:
    2007 550i, 36 month/15k per year
    Monaco Blue
    Beige Leather
    Auto/Tiptronic
    Logic 7 Sound
    Cold Weather
    Sirius
    MSRP = $61740
    Cap Cost = $58040
    Payment = $780 per month including tax. Total due at signing including Acquisition fee ($650), Docs fee ($289), Title fee($25), Registration ($145), security deposit ($800),first month ($780) = $2689. Could have made an additional 7 security deposits to bring the payment down to $737, but chose not to. Good luck!
    What was your money factor? My dealer won't give me anything less than the $900 range for a payment on a 550i! Not to mention they want a truckload of money upfront! :mad: :mad: I have A+/Tier 1 credit.

I'm going to damage somebody if I don't get some answers as to why I can't get the deal on a 550i that some of you are! :cry: And Car_man seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. :confuse:
    Is there more than one dealer near you, taylord? If one won't barter, another surely will.

If not, e-mail a few dealers in driving distance, and explain you want a deal on a 550i. Someone will give you a better price.

$900 and a lot of cash upfront is way too much for a 550.
    Yeah, that is a lot of loot for a 550i. That's why I keep walking. Unfortunately, they're the only gig in town for BMW. Kinda strange, considering there's a lot of money here. (We're second to NYC for the most banks headquartered here, have pro athletes all over with the NFL, NBA and WNBA teams, etc.) But there's only one BMW dealership.

I'm more than willing to travel two or three hours to get a better deal. I just wish somebody would verify that the October MF on a 550i really is .0015.
    Here's the 550i lease numbers, taylord:

2007 BMW 5 Series 550i / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate

36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 59% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate

48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 39% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate

60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 31% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate

------

Based on that, if you lease a base 550i, get $2000 off sticker, and pay all fees up front, and max out your security deposits, your pre-tax payments will be:

24 month : $753/mo
    36 month : $709/mo

Even better if you can get more off of sticker. :)

I just figured that if you did euro-delivery, the same lease could be $518 a month for 24 months. Pretty sweet. :)
    Thanks SO much, dhanley! :D

Here's a little spreadsheet I put together. Tell me if my numbers are wrong:

MSRP $64,890.00
    Residual Value % 59.00% $38,285.10
    Invoice $59,880.00
    Discount Percentage 0.00%
    Incentives (rebates,etc.) $0.00
    Cap Cost $59,880.00
    Depreciation / Pymnt $21,594.90 $599.86
    Down Pymnt / Trade $0.00
    Purchase Price $60,880.00
    Dealer Fees $1,659.00
    Tax 3.00% $1,826.40
    Lease Term 36
    Money Factor 0.0015
    Interest Rate 3.6
    MF / Interest Payment $151.24 $5,444.50
    Flat Payment $751.09 $27,039.40
    Total Payment $773.63 $27,850.58
    Glad to help!

Are you paying fees and tax up front? If so i get 747 as my "flat payment". So we agree inside the margin of error.

By making six additional security deposits you can buy the money factor down to .0108. That would cut your payment to $705 a month.

The money factor for a 530 is .001 now, the the residual is 70%. That's tempting!
    I'm rolling everything (that I know of) into the financing. Absolutely zero out of pocket costs. Just "sign and drive." Checkbook never makes an appearance.
    Where did you learn that the residual is 70%. I received 62 from the local dealer.
    I got the residuals from the following link. I am sure the are relaible.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168909
    dhanley,

Thank you. That site was helpful.

Do you know if the current residuals and $ factors will last into next month? I am not due to be out of my current lease until 2/07 and I want to take advantage of these lease rates.

Thanks again
    The lease programs change all the time, apparently. It's anyone's guess. These rates are good, but not "best ever."

Almost makes me want to go test a 530i though!
  • skobolaskobola Member Posts: 207
    You can take advantage only if you order the car, which will take about 8 weeks to deliver on the East coast, and I do not know how long for the West coast. The ordering and leasing works that you lock in the lease rates when you order the car. Note that you may still change the lease rates once the car comes if the rates will be better then. This is why I always order my Bimmers in January/February, which is among the slowest sales' time, and usually there are a lot of leasing incentives, and then I get the car in March/April.
    skobola,

So based upon your past experiances, I should wait for January to order my car which does not come off of lease until February. I have been monitoring the lease factors of BMW since July and thought it might be best to lock in now with the thought that I would get the car in January and eat the last month and a half of my current car. I just wish there was some way that I would know that BMW will hold these great rates esp on the 24 month until Jan.
  • gfontenotgfontenot Member Posts: 3
    Hello I am looking to lease a 5 series in Montgomery Alabama. My gross capital cost is $48903.00 with $4000.00 down. My residual is value is 62% with 12,000 miles a year for 36 months. My money factor is 0.00155 and I have a 1.5% monthly usage tax instead of sales tax. Payment is $605.25 a month. Zero security deposit. $350.00 disposition fee at the end of the lease. Fee is waived if lease another vehicle. Financial service fee is $625.00 Can you please tell me if this is a good deal?!?!
    We'd need the MSRP to crunch all the numbers.
    Hello, a few things have changed since I posted this email. The MSRP is 50,865.00 and the gross capital is 49675.00. My residual is 62% with 12,000 miles a year for 36 months. My money factor is 0.00155 and I have a 1.5% usage tax instead of sales tax. My Payment is $571.21. Zero security deposit. $350.00 disposition fee at the end of the lease. Fee is waived if I lease another vehicle. Financial service fee is $625.00. Please advise
    Thanks
    Well, it is difficult to predict the future! I would suggest that if you are happy with the rates now, then wait until the end of this month and order the car. This will lock the rate. If the rate will be better in January, than they should let you lease under those terms then, and if they will not be better than now, then you should be able to lease under the current terms, which appear to be to your liking. I have leased my last car, 2006 BMW 325i at the end of January, and I got the best rate that was since the E90 325i has been in production, namely 2 year lease with 77% residual and 0.0025 rate.
    Sounds pretty good--is your car a 525? Have you considered putting down multiple security deposits?
    Yes, my car is a 525i. Please excuse me but what is multiple security deposits? I only know what I do from reading messages in your forum.
    Thank you
    Ok. The money factor for a 525 is .00100. They are marking up your money factor to the max for extra profit.

You can make up to six extra security deposits, each of which lowers your money factor by .00007. So if you get a non-marked up money factor, and make six more deposits, your money factor would be .00058 -- almost no interest. By my calculation, that would get you down to 559/mo.
    As much as I know, one can make up to seven security deposits, each of which lowers the MF by 0.00007; which makes the max. reduction to be at 0.00049.
    True. But most of the published lease rates assume one security deposit has been made.
    You guys are so lucky. My dealer is jacking the money factor way up on a 550i lease AND they won't accept multiple security deposits. Must be nice to have multiple BMW dealers nearby that will actually compete for your business. :sad:
    Can't you buy a car from another more distant dealer? If you save thousands over the course of the lease ( and it sounds as if you would ) even the flight and drive would be a a big savings. Even better if you can combine it with a vacation.
This discussion has been closed.