Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• maxandmatt2maxandmatt2 Member Posts: 3
    I am currently leasing a 2007 750 LI with only 12,000 miles on it, the lease expires mid October. I have dealt with my current dealership in NJ since the early 90's, leasing every 3 years. I have been 100% happy with all my 7 series BMW's, as well as the dealership/salesman. When inquiring regarding the exact same features in the 2010 BMW 750 LI with AWD, I have been told that my lease would go up approximately + $326 more than what I am paying now which is $1020 = $1346 monthly for 3 years. Currently have 12,000 miles yearly, would go down to the minimum mileage, as I don't put on the high mileage any more. I am totally disappointed, but I will start looking for other vehicles pronto ~ 2010 Lexus 460 L AWD, 2010 Audi A8 - any suggestions?
    In this day of recession how is it possible for a vehicle to jump this much in price? What ever happened to BMW customer loyalty! Thank you for your imput -
  • bmchrisbmchris Member Posts: 6
    The problem is the recession - price has not jumped - lease rates have. Default rates are up, residual values are down, so lease rates are up. If there wasn't a recession, lease rates would be better.

As to BMW customer loyalty, there is a $3,000 incentive for prior BMW leasing clients.
  • xlr8nxlr8n Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently leasing a BMW and looking to get into a new 2010 750i. On MSRP of about $94K, they were offering a discount of $1,000. 24 month with $5k down was $2250 a month with 12k miles a year. My lease is up this month so I was hoping there may be loyalty money that I have read on previous posts. Any luck? Is this a deal? I live in Austin, TX. A colleague of mine was also talking about some sort of pre-paid lease where you make all payments up front to get a better deal. Sounds risky? Does the $3,000 incentive still exist this month as posted in an ealier post?
  • mark1234mark1234 Member Posts: 7
    I just wanted to give everyone an update on my experience in Virginia. I have a 2007 BMW 530xi coming off lease in the next month or so. Although I was happy with my car, I was looking to upgrade. I was really just looking to get another one but there was a 2009 750 loaded and on the lot. The dealership was ready to deal. It was fully loaded for an MSRP of 96,000. They were willing to take 4000 off sticker, plus 3000 off loyalty for a lease, so I was basically getting the car at invoice. I though long and hard, even drove it for a few days, and it is as advertised and then some. However, though the lease rates seemed OK, the residual was 47%, and it still added up to $1568/month. The bottom line was I found it hard to justify leasing a car with that much depreciation. I have always felt that the 5 series was the perfect balance between the 3-series (too small) and the 7-series (too big), as well as making more sense if the cost to benefit ratio. I finally settled on the 550.

Mark1234
  • hobsflahobsfla Member Posts: 2
    Looking to get rid of my 2006 750i. Drove by dealer and stopped in. 2009 750i is amazing. First price from the sales person (this is in Los Angeles, by the way) was $3500 down, 12k miles, 36 months, $1375/month including tax. The only thing the car didn't have was rear entertainment (don't care). Does this sound good? I'm figuring I can get him down to about $1300 per month. The money factor is .9 but I don't know what that means. I have no interest in buying the car later. Help appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi xlr8n. The dealer is only offering you a $1,000 discount on this car? Given the fact that this car has $6,000 loyalty cash on top of a sizable dealer margin I personally would want much more than a grand knocked off of the price if I was in the market for a 750i.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • coogimancoogiman Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 750Lxi with an MSRP of $107,608.

Looking for a 2 year lease *possible 3 year* here in Utah. $5k down and 12,000 miles a year.....What would be a good monthly pricing point? I've NO interest in purchasing the vehicle at the end of the lease and will mostly likely get a different car when the lease is finished. I'm VERY new to the leasing strategy but it seems the best bet for me.
  • greenie7greenie7 Member Posts: 12
    This would be $1480.00 with no $$ down. Theres no bargain here. A residual of 47% puts you at a disadvantage with your monthly.
  • greenie7greenie7 Member Posts: 12
    A two year lease on a 750 with an MSRP of $107,608 and e soft residual will cost you more than a house! At the very least, look at a 3 year lease.
    Hi coogiman. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. Even though your monthly payment would be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing because those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you. Have you entered into any negotiations yet or do you have a target selling price? I ask because I need a selling price to calculate this car's monthly payment. If not, I can come up with an approximate selling price that we can use in our calculations. I just need to know if you are a returning BMW Financial Services lessee. It makes a difference because BMW is providing a ton of loyalty cash on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    car man, I am considering one too, but 2010 model, negotiated price is $500 over invoice! could u please calculate a zero down, 3 years/30k miles lease for me, based on base car and we will know how much more/1000 of options will cost.
    thanks
  • hobsflahobsfla Member Posts: 2
    Greenie7:

Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I'm very slow on leases. How do I figure a good lease price on this car? Thanks!
  • jprescott1jprescott1 Member Posts: 29
    09 750li, Imperial Blue, Oyster Nappa Leather

Camera Package
    Convenience package
    Drivers assistance package
    Luxury seating package
    Premium sound
    Instrument panel wrapped in leather
    MSRP $95,525

Selling at $90,750

27 months is considerably better than 24, so I am leaving that term out:

27 months, 12k per year, tax in: $1604, residual value is $48,718
    36 months, 12k per year, tax in: $1347, residual value is $44,897
    Money factor is .00090 (BMWFS)
    $6000 cap cost reduction from BMW
    any idea, zero down on this for 36 mo/10k miles/year?

selling price $500 over invoice! Please use same car:

09 750li, Imperial Blue, Oyster Nappa Leather

Camera Package
    Convenience package
    Drivers assistance package
    Luxury seating package
    Premium sound
    Instrument panel wrapped in leather
    MSRP $95,525

thanks
    Any one out there know how this works? My basic question is that I had a standing offer for $1500 over invoice. So now with $6000 lease cash shouldn't that bring the car to $4500 under invoice and not $6000 under MSRP?
  • britawaybritaway Member Posts: 1
    Car Man-for a returning BMW FS customer is there any additional cash/better money factor on top of the $6000 noted in this blog. Many thanks.
    And while your at it please give input on the question above. Can I get below invoice if BMW is trying to empty the lot? I,m not looking to get rich on a deal, just rationalize a work lease,
    Hi zoran. $500 over dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a 2010 7-Series. I would be happy to calculate a sample payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jprescott1. The answer to your question is, it depends. If the dealer is willing to sell you this car for $1,500 over invoice minus the available $6,000 cash incentive, i.e. $4,500 under invoice, then you are getting a reasonable deal.

If however, the dealer is planning on selling you the car for $1,500 over and pocketing the six grand then this is a bad deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi britaway. Nope. BMW is only providing $6,000 in cash on 2009 7's right now. The fact that you are a loyal customer doesn't entitle you to any additional incentives, other than the waiver of your security deposit for free.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrtouyamrtouya Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

You really are helping a lot people out there. Thanks for this forum.

My question is :

I am trying to get a good deal on a 2010 750i. The options I wanted are :
    M Sport Package ZMP
    Rear Entertainment Package ZRP
    Premium Sound Package ZPS
    Convenience Package ZCV
    Head-Up Display 610
    Cold Weather Package ZCW
    Camera Package ZCE
    Satellite Radio w/1 Year Subscription 655

I priced it on Edmunds and these are the results.

MSRP :97,880
    INVOICE:89,950
    TMV:95,544

My lease criteria is: 36months, 15k a year, no money down.

What shoudl I be looking for in upfront money and month lease costs?

Thanks a bunch!!

Stephane
    Thanks a lot.

Here is my config:

Here is 2010 750i:

My 750i Sedan

4.4-liter, V-8 engine
    Rear-wheel drive

See all standard features

Base MSRP

$80,455

Imperial Blue Metallic/deep sea blue mettalic

On the 750 I can offer you $84,320 + applicable taxes and fees.

$0

Saddle and Black Nappa Leather

$0

Fineline Matte Wood trim

$0

Camera Package

$750

Cold Weather Package

$800

Premium Sound Package

$2,000

19" Light-alloy wheels multi-spoke (Style 235) w/performance tires

$1,300

Active Roll Stabilization (ARS)

$2,000

Integral Active Steering

$1,750

Destination & Handling:

$825

Total MSRP as Built

$89,880

** would like 36mo/30k miles, zero down lease.( invoice plus 500) Btw does maco, training apply in CA? and also how abt $700 bank fee if it is capitalized?

what will be licence/doc fee, registration?

BTW any idea what are the best incentives/lease rates bmw using for left over 09 750i
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    Carman
    Lets see if I understand this...The 2009 has $6000 in dealer cash. I was offered $96375 MSRP car today for $89190, which is supposedly the invoice but I guess I should be getting the car below invoice. This is my 1st BMW so I do not get any reduced money factor. They told me it would be .00105 for 15,000 miles per year
    on a 3 year lease. payment is $1314 if i pay sales tax upfront

Should i be looking for a better deal
    Car Man
    Do you know the residuals and money factor for 3 year lease on a 2009 750i
    thanks
    You're welcome Stephane. Let's work up a sample payment on the car that you described using BMW's new November lease program and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 BMW 750i that has an MSRP of $97,880 and a selling price of $93,544 (always try to beat TMV, savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition almost always can) through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,482.

At lease signing for this car, you will be required to pay your first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment (unless you are a returning customer or opt to have the deposit waived in exchange for a money factor bump), BMW FS' $725 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome zoran. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 BMW 750i that has an MSRP of $89,880 and a selling price of $84,320 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,283.

BMW is currently providing a $6,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    On the 2009, what do you think is a good diiscount off MSRP? Seems like the dealers in NJ have a lot of them in stock.
    Zoran
    I believe you can get that car for around 83,500
    thanks indeed! I believe you are referring to a 2010 $89K car 750i that I configured for $83.5K, is it 500 over invoice?

More so any idea on 09 750is if BMW cash back or trunk money is gone up from 6k to 10K????
    the 2009 should be around 83500 or less, i was looking at one too. this is before the 6000 cash back on a lease
  • adefinaadefina Member Posts: 9
    I am trying to decide whether to do a lease buy out on a 2007 750li, or lease a 2009. It is in excellent and almost pristeen condition and has 27,000 miles on it. the residual is $52,014. No repairs have been needed, just regular oil changes. This car has options that I like, and significantly, the back seat seems to have more room than the 2009.

Without seeing the car one dealer said BMW would want to bring the car up to BMW specs to certify it which may require tries, brakes, etc. and wiith the additional 2yrs or 50K miles on my current warranty and offered to sell it to me for the residual with financing at .9% for 36 months, $1585. month with zero down.

In looking at the lease agreement on this car, I see there was no "capitalized cost reduction" and that the "gross capitalized cost" was 86,112. The payments have been $1362./month for 36 months. Is the residual written in stone, or can I negotiate a better price? What would be reasonable given the amount that has already paid, or is that not a consideration?

I am new to this experience and could use some advice. The only reason I would want to lease a 2009, is if its much more prudent financially in the long run.
    Thanks!
    I just leased the 2009 Li and I love it.

BMW gave $6000 in rebate to be uused as cap reduction.

The dealers are selling them at cost.

I used Multiple securites to get money factor down but it is already low at .00090, this is equal to 2.25%
    Unless you plan on keeping the 2007 for more than a few more years I would say lease a new one. I would think payment should be in the $1100-$1200 range for 3 year lease
    I am looking at leasing a 2009 750Li for 36 months/12,000 miles per year.
    The MSRP of the car is 99,070. With incentives of 6000 plus dealer incentive of 3500, the quoted monthly lease payment including tax would be approximately $1400 with 2200 down which includes dealer and tag fees, plus first month's payment. According to Edmund's calculations, invoice would be $91,155 for this vehicle which includes a sports package. Local dealers have several 2009s remaining in this seemingly not popular color combination. We currently lease a 750Li. How do we determine if it is feasible to negotiate a better monthly lease payment? Thanks.
    The dealer should be selling the car at around $7000 off not $3500. The $6000 is from BMW and does not hurt the dealer. According to you/Edmunds, the Dealer paid 91,155 and wants to sell at 95,500. He should be selling at invoice just to move it off the lot so he can sell more 2010's. Ask him what he is using for cap cost? and what is the money factor. What state do you live in??
    Many thanks for your input. The money factor is .0013, but I don't know what he is using for cap cost. --We live in the state of Florida.
    I believe it should be lower than .0013, i think maybe .00090, Ask him what is cap cost. My email is gar@jaradara.com. if you email me there i will send you a spreadsheet that i used last month. I asked about state because i am in Nj and it may be a little different here
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    I normally wouldnt be able to drive a 750, but I am thinking maybe I can get a great deal on one. I wondering if I get a 750 for 5k below invoice PLUS the 7500 BMW is giving in marketing support.

Also, does anybody know the money factor and residual value for Jan for the 09s?
    is that trunk money on 09
    I dont know what trunk money is. Edemunds.com calls it Marketing support
  • linkyolinkyo Member Posts: 1
    2010 750 LI
    MSRP: 8,9550
    Residual 57%
    Miles: 10,000 annual
    CAP cost 84,550
    Cash Down 5k
    Total cap reduction 1,405
    MF 0.00170
    Term 36
    Monthly payment b/f tax 1,150
    2009 750i
    MSRP 94700
    4k drive off
    1179 a month plus tax

Any thoughts? This includes a 6k rebate.
  • morgan888morgan888 Member Posts: 3
    got a 2010 750i last week from shelly

msrp: 98400
    drive off: 3300
    3yr/15k
    1508 w/tax of 9.75%

imo, you should be able to get alittle bit better deal cause it is a 09, assume your deal is base on 15k a year and it is only 200 difference
  • rlau168rlau168 Member Posts: 5
    just got a 2010 750Li outside philly last friday

msrp: 97030
    drive off: 2235
    3yr/10k
    1318 tax in
    hope this help
  • timincalitimincali Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman ... I'm thinking about a '10 BMW 750i lease. It appears that they have the best MF and Residual vs Mercedes, Audi, Jag and espcially Porsche. In working with the local dealer, they knocked off $5000 off the car without even negotiating. Here's what's on the table now :

MSRP $99680
    Selling Price $94680
    MF .00170
    Residual 53%
    3 yr for 15k per yer : $1538 (includes CA 8.775% tax

Its hard to find what the invoice is on this car as the MSRP base price for the car doesn't match in Edmunds, KBB or NADA vs what is on the sticker. Sticker states that the car before options is $80455 (not incl gas guz and dest charge). Edmunds states that it is $82000). So I'm guessing that the first offer is still around 3K over invoice.

Any thoughts anyone on how much lower I can get them being in So. Calif???

Thanks,
    Tim
    Sounds like a pretty good price, i believe invoice on that car to be around $92,000 so you may be able to get a little bit more off, I would offer $1500 even, per month, but lets see what Carman says
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    Hey all,
    getting a new 2010 750li tomorrow. originally, it was $113,000 but thanks to some connections, got it down to $104,000 :). awesome car!! cant wait to get it.
  • danamite_64danamite_64 Member Posts: 1
    Can I get lease prices on the 2011 750li yet? I know they aren't taking orders until March and the vehicle doesn't come out til May, but I like to plan ahead. I live in the Atlanta area. :shades:
    Hello Tim. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right on the money. $3,000 over invoice isn't terrible on a car that's this expensive, but if I was in the market for one I personally would want something more along the lines of $1,000 over.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi danamite_64. It's impossible to estimate what this car's payments will be like without knowing what its MSRP and selling price are, but I can tell you what BMW's new lease program on it is like.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • bonzmdbonzmd Member Posts: 5
    hi, i,m in the process of trying to negotiate a lease on a 2011 750 i with xdrive, Msport with 20 inch upgrade, lux seating, and cold weather packages.
    MSRP 96475, but got dealer down to working price of 91275.
    i'm looking for a 3 year lease 15K
    offer on the table is$1479/mo with $5500 drive of cost. i live in RI and sales tax is 7%.
    is this a decent deal or can i do better?
This discussion has been closed.