Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Carman,

Also is there any dealer cash on this car?
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car man,
    Do you know if there is any other dealer cash available for the 750 li hybrid other than the $3500 and $2500?
    thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey shawn757. BMW is currently providing a $3,500 option credit on all 2012 7-Series models, plus $2,500 on leases of the '12 7 through BMW FS...PLUS an additional $7,500 credit on hybrid models only. Make sure that you take them all into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • knarangknarang Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man

Can you please post the current residual and MF for the Active hybrid 750i. Thanks in advance.

Karan
  • mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    Residual is 59% on a 36 mo lease with 10k miles per year. I'd like to know the Money factor too.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    edited November 2011
    Hi ntlwhsle
    The salesman is going to retire on this deal :) why not pay full msrp and act that money is not an issue :)
    You need to get 10-12% under MSRP
  • dmason12dmason12 Member Posts: 16
    Dear Car_man,

Would you post the lease rates (MF, resid) for a "loyal customer" on a 36 mo / 10K mile per year lease on both the 2012 740i and 750i Active hybrid? Also, there is currently 6K cash on the 740i and 13.5K cash on the Active hybrid, correct?'

Thank you.
    Hi Karan. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750i Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2011
    Hi dmason12. BMW Financial Services' November loyal customer buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 740i with 10,000 miles per year .00160 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for the 750i Hybrid are .00165 and 59%.

I believe that BMW is currently providing a total of $6,000 in cash incentives on leases of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car man,
    Can you confirm the available cash on the 750 li hybrid?

I see there is $7500 eco credit, $3500 option credit and another $2500 credit from BMW. I also see on your website that there is $2000 dealer cash on this car? Is this on top of the $13500 cash available of this car? can that $2000 be combined with the $13500? So total of $15500?
    Thanks
  • miamimontymiamimonty Member Posts: 1
    What lease specials are there for the BMW 740li?
  • travelguytravelguy Member Posts: 12
    Hello Carman
    Can you please post money factor and residual for a 740Li in Illinois for 36 months and 15K/year
  • malibugagamalibugaga Member Posts: 5
    Hi car people -
    I am thinking I am going about leasing my next car the wrong way.
    The car in question: 2012 BMW 750 Li which pretty much only has luxury seating package and premium sound system.
    I just realized that the salesman has been quoting me my lease terms based on MSRP of the vehicle. I am supposed to get some discounts off the MSRP with the incentives the dealers get, correct?
    Can someone please explain to me how to go about not getting ripped off?
    MSRP: 92,375
    5k (including tax, title, registration etc + 1st month)
    36 mos
    12k miles
    989/mo including taxes

SO - if I get a discount off of MSRP, my payment etc should change as well, correct?

Thank so much for your help!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Residuals are always based off of MSRP..

Ask your salesperson what the selling price is for that deal. I'm sure there is already a discount involved, or your payment would be much higher..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fearnofearno Member Posts: 1
    What's BMW's current money factor for a 36 month lease on a 750LI? I'm being quoted silly numbers by dealers - 0.00025, or more. Also, what's the residual on 15k miles year? Finally, with all of BMW's current incentives, how much discount (as a percentage) on MSRP is reasonable? Grateful for any help with this.
  • knarangknarang Member Posts: 4
    I am hearing there are new factory to dealer incentives in December. Anyone know details?
    I am hearing it's dealer cash and conquest. I don't know how much still
    Hi shawn757. I'm aware of the first three cash incentives that you mentioned, but not the dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi miamimonty. BMW is currently providing cash incentives of $3,500 and $2,500, $6,000 total, on leases of this car...in addition to its special lease money factor and residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, travelguy. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value or a 36-month lease of a 2012 740Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor is lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrpierre12mrpierre12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man - can you explain how 6K in BMW cash and/or option incentives can be applied to a current 740i lease formula (MSRP 77K/10K miles) to reduce my upfront out of pocket expense or monthly payment? Is it used primarily, or only, as a cap cost reduction?

I understand lease principles but I am having trouble factoring in incentives. This offer also includes trade-in equity of 2K. Can you help me become better informed?

Thank you!
  • lexusjglexusjg Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    CarMan-- can you beat the nationally advertised deal on the 7 series if you negotiate? Will the dealer go below the national deal?

740i
    Black sapphire metallic
    Black Dakota leather
    Convenience package
    Power tailgate
    Comfort access keyless entry
    Soft close doors
    Premium sound package
    Sirius satellite
    Premium hi-fi
    19 inch alloy radial spoke wheels

3 yr --36 month lease--- no cap cost reduction--10k miles
    $820 plus tax

This is the national deal, can you beat that..
    Also curious to know the answers to the post above..

Thank You
    Hi mrpierre12. You can use the total of $6,000 in cash incentives to either pay the money that is due at lease signing or to reduce your vehicle's capitalized cost.

If I was in the market for this car, I would negotiate a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible, then have the dealer deduct the six grand in incentives from that. I would have them cut me a check for the two grand in equity from the trade rather than using that money as a down payment and risk losing it if the vehicle was totaled or stolen.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, lexusjg, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to beat BMW's nationally advertised lease on the 740i without too much trouble.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,
    Can you let me know the current Jan buyrate MF for the 750 LI active hybrid? 36 month or even 42 month term.
    thanks
    I certainly do shawn757. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750Li Hybrid with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00195 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drjackfldrjackfl Member Posts: 1
    The current lease offer on a BMW 740Li gives a rate information of .00190 plus reserve rate of .00020 for a disclosed rate of .00210 (money factor, right?). I also estimated the residual value to be at 65%. The Ft. Lauderdale BMW dealer states he works with Edmonds web site customers..what do you think of these numbers?
  • benzpassionbenzpassion Member Posts: 8
    Could I please get the current 15k buy rate money factor and residual for a 2012 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive.

Thanks.
    Thanks Car man. You are the best
    Hi drjackfl. I don't believe that BMW's advertised lease payment allows for any dealer mark-up of the money factor, but I could be mistaken...I haven't worked out the numbers.

BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 740Li with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go benzpassion. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750i xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 750Li xDrive are .00195 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome shawn757 :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    Are there any customer loyalty for existing 7 series leasees?

Are there any rebates on 7 series right now?

My lease is ending at the end of Februrary. Historically, are BMW february or march lease deals better?
    Hello eric312. BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2012 7-Series that I am aware of, other than on the Hybrid model.

The loyalty cash and money factor reductions that were available to loyal customers last month are no longer available.

BMW's February lease program certainly isn't anything to write home about. While it is difficult to say what its March programs will be like at this point, I personally would be surprised if they were any worse than the current programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • dgetz1dgetz1 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man

Do you have the MF and residuals for February on the Active Hybrid 7? 36 month or 24 month, 15k miles?

Thanks
    Hi dgetz1, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Active Hybrid 7 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 54%.

BMW is providing a $7,500 cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183
    What does that credit mean? Kcan I apply that to the down payment so I am paying 0, or is that taken off the price of the car?
    Hi nicksmu17. It means that every dealer that sells one of these cars receives $7,500 from BMW. You should use it to negotiate as low a capitalized cost as possible on the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • jhurstjhurst Member Posts: 2
    Could You please help me with your opinion on a new 2012 bmw 740li lease. Sticker is $88,125. They are taking my trade for my payoff. $1000 down 36 months for $1061 monthly.
  • jets6745jets6745 Member Posts: 1
    Is it ok to lease a car 2012 750 xdrive with apprx 2k of miles on it. The sticker is 102k but the dealer is throwing extra incentives and got the cost at 92. The lease is around 1060.
    I'd be happy to jhurst. Do you know what this car's selling price is? That figure would make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    Car_Man:

Can you provide the BMWFS current money factor and residual for a 24 month lease (@12k/yr and 15k.yr) of a 740Li.

Thanks!
    Here you go nlproductions. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 740Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeff444jeff444 Member Posts: 2
    Can you confirm April money factor and residuals for 10k per yer on a 750li X drive 36mo term.
    Thanks.
    Sure jeff444. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750Li xDrive with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeff444jeff444 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man that is what they are offering, however, when I do my own lease calculator looks like they are inflating the money factor to 0.0210... why is that?
    Hey jeff444. BMW dealers are notorious for marking-up vehicles' money factors to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to deals. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you may be able to find a dealer that is willing to lease you this car using the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkbondmkbond Member Posts: 6
    Car_man, or anyone else with "insider" info. What is the absolute "best deal" on a 7 for May. I would love a 24mo lease but will most likely have to do the 36mo. Which 7 has dealer incentives, best rate/residual, etc... THANKS!!!
    Hi mkbond. BMW just sweetened its offers on the 2012 7 in May by introducing a $2,500 Option Credit on it that can be used on conjunction with the special lease program.

The 36-month, 15k lease program is basically the same on most 7s this month, .00190 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nicka688nicka688 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I'm looking to add a second car for a shorter term basis (15-25 months), and I'm considering lease takeovers (through Swapalease.com, emphatically NOT LeaseTrader.com) of recent (2011-2012) 750Li, but the thought has occurred to me that I might do just slightly worse leasing a new car for 24 months. With that in mind, could someone who knows them please provide the money factor(s) and residuals for BMWFS 24 month 750Li leases at 12k/year and 15k/year usage rates? Also, what is the BMWFS overage charge for excess miles for these leases? Many thanks. - NickA688
This discussion has been closed.