Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nicka688. You're right, while they typically are fairly expensive a short-term lease is definitely worth investigating.

BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

I believe that BMW FS' excess mileage charge is $0.25 per mile.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • nicksmu17nicksmu17 Member Posts: 183
    I saw BMW is offering large incentives on the 2012 BMW 7 series, probably in anticipation of the body change in 2013...

Can you give me the best lease rates for June?

Thanks

Nick
    Certainly Nick. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Still shopping this, any change in the July rates for 2012 750 xLI?
    Hey nicksmu17. The June lease program is scheduled to run through July 9th. Please feel free to check back with me after that and I'll gladly fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
  • leaser2leaser2 Member Posts: 1
    Any update in the July rates for 2012 750LI?
    Here you go leaser2. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 52%, respectively.

There is $4,500 dealer cash and $750 loyalty cash on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Any change for August....2013s are right around the corner...waiting for these guys to give these things away....

Also, can you list all incentives available?

Thanks

Nick
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    They have $7000 option credit and 750 loyalty credit. I the money factor is now .00100
    edited August 2012
    Hey Nick. The programs did indeed get a whole lot better on 7's in August. You were right to wait. BMW's advertised payment on the 2012 750Li dropped from $989 last month to $859 today. This is partially a result of a drop in this car's money factor to .00100 and a $7,000 cash incentive (plus $750 loyalty if you're eligible for it). Make sure to take advantage of both during your negotiations. This is an excellent time to lease a 7.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkbondmkbond Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for a 2012 750Li, 36mo or 39mo, low mileage lease?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Could you please tell me the residual value of the 750 for 24 months and 12,000 miles in addition to the money factor. Internet sales stated at least 15,000 off, but I need to know residual. The cap cost I will know once we discuss units available and color scheme. Thanks for your help.
  • rowdymeeksrowdymeeks Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year, 3 year lease on a new 2013 750Lix? Thanks.
  • mkbondmkbond Member Posts: 6
    CarMan - Do you know the MF and Residuals for BMWFS, 36mo, 10kmiles per, on the 740i, 740li, 750i and 750li. I still haven't made the move yet. Hoping I didn't wait too long!
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    I picked mine up on August 31 but heard the rates were same as august and the MF was .00100. I used MSD's to buy rate down to .00051. it is a great time to get a 2012 750 but not many left in NJ area
  • diononizdiononiz Member Posts: 2
    I noticed the price on the bmwusa.com site dropped from 869 to 799. Do you happen to know if the rate or residual changed? Or is there more options credit available?
  • miamivicingmiamivicing Member Posts: 10
    X5 lease is almost up and I am in the market for a 7 series. Decided to forget the 2012 750i and go for a 740i. Reasons: despite the huge discounts (incl $7k option credit) and low MF for 2012 750, BMW is currently offering this month a free M kit upgrade (a nice $4,800 credit, although it cost add $1,300 for 20' wheels that are a must to complete the M look) on the 2013, $750 in loyalty, $700 credit voucher from the iphone/ipad app, and not that bad of an adj cap cost. The 2013 also offers the LED pkg (and I am sick of yellow angel eyes like on the 2012 750, it looks too old), engine and computer upgrades giving more HP than 2012 models and with a small aftermarket upgrade incl a K/N air filter dropped in place of stock, losing the cat with some straight pipes and a minor software upgrade - this car will rock at 400+ HP! An extra kicker, on either 2013 model (750/740), you get an additional 2 miles in gas mileage (which gives me 4 extra miles on the decision of a 2013 740 over the 2012 750 - 19MPG sounds great, better my current hog). As far the choice, I guess I'm sold.

Now the issue: 3.48% interest or .00145 MF :(. The plan - CARMAN - I need to order this car b.c it doesn't exist exactly how I want it. Salesman said I can order now and lock in the residual (56%, which should only go down in time) and the current incentives. And, if in the next 8 weeks it takes to produce the car a better MF or credits come out, I can keep all the good and also have the new better credits/MF/benefit(s). Is this right? Also, when does the Winter event begin and do you think the MF will lower by Dec on this car? I'm thinking of ordering before end of this month before expiration of current credits and have production run into 1st week of Dec since the new rates usually come out in first week of the month. Pls share your thoughts with this plan, especially on whether I can expect more savings by Dec. Thanks.
    Hey mkbond. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor for all 2013 7-Series models is .00145. Its residual values for 36-month, 10,000 mile per year leases of these cars are as follows: 740i - 53%, 740Li - 53%, 750i - 55% and 750Li - 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi diononiz. The price drop on advertised leases of the 2013 model is probably a result of the fact that BMW began offering the M Sport Package for free on 2013 7-Series models in September. All future vehicles that are produced will include that option for free. If you are able to find one in stock that doesn't have that package it is eligible for $2,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    And, if in the next 8 weeks it takes to produce the car a better MF or credits come out, I can keep all the good and also have the new better credits/MF/benefit(s). Is this right?

You can't pick and choose pieces of the program.... You have to take the good with the bad.. If they improve the MF and residual, but take away cash incentives, then you can't take the better stuff and keep the parts of the program that have been discontinued..

On the plus side, it can't get worse than the deal you've negotiated, so at least you have an upper cap...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

What you were told is correct, miamivicing. If you order your new car you can lock in the current lease program that is available on it and take advantage of either that program or the new one that is available when your car arrives if it is better. You cannot however mix and match different elements of the two programs. So, for example if BMW was to introduce an additional cash incentive on the 2013 7-Series, you would not be able to use that cash and the old lease program...you would have to use the new rates and residuals.

It's difficult to predict what automakers' future incentives programs will be like, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that BMW's programs for December are likely to be fairly aggressive because they will likely be in a battle with Mercedes-Benz to see who sells the most vehicles for the year in the U.S.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your input. I understand these guy's need to make $, but not at the cost of a good customer (especially when I told the guy that I 'll also likely be getting my wife a 3 or 5 series in the coming weeks which is true). Sales tactics don't need to be fraudulent to be effective, but whatever, it all comes back to you.

You are right, the current terms can't get worse. I'll order the car by the end of the month, ensure I get the lowest number over invoice (which now is about $750, which I know for sure I can do better) and play the time game to see what benefits me most by the delivery date (after first week of Dec.). No matter what, the cap cost and residual won't change, which is most important. In looking at last year's deals on 7's, it appears the option $ is anywhere b/t a better MF (.00091) or $2.5k-$5k, which won't change much if the M kit option is taken away. I appreciate the info.
    Car MAN: Do you know what the factory holdback usually is for a 7 series? I know this usually comes in the form of a %, and since the salesman is crying about the dealership not making money except for any number over "invoice", I would like to tell him what I know the dealership gets on the back end. Also, on a 7 series that needs to be ordered, what number above invoice (as listed on Edmunds) should I be happy with accepting?
    Hi miamivicing. Edmunds has an article about dealer holdback here:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

According to the article BMW technically does not have dealer holdback. Having said that, I'm sure that there is some back-end money that they get kicked back from their manufacturer...they just call it something else. Regardless of how much money the dealership is getting kicked back to it, you as a consumer are ultimately going to have to pay what the market dictates for the car that you want. I suspect that if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition that's probably $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus any available cash incentives at best on a new 7, but I am not intimately familiar with the market for it.

2013 7's have either $1,500 to $2,500 dealer cash or a free M Sport Package on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • slickrichslickrich Member Posts: 1
    Miamivicing,
    I'm looking for that $700 credit voucher for bmw iPhone/iPad that you mentioned but can't find it. Please let me know how you found it.
    I printed it off the BMW experience app on my ipad. I believe it is only valid through 9/30/12, so check quickly. Another thing, you need to type a salesperson name and dealer to get it, so make sure you have a person/dealership who you are buying from.

Just an fyi, what I did is I am having the car built and locking in this month's deal and waiting for 1st week of Dec to take delivery to get the better of either deal. Let's see.

GL!
  • kath0kath0 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Hello there,

I just preordered a 750i with the Executive package and the B&O sound system. We negotiated a fair price for it but I got nothing in writing before the order went in. When I asked about things like the MF on the lease, they said it could "get better" by the time the vehicle comes in December. I am concerned because there is nothing given to me other than an email agreeing to the monthly payment for the lease (3yr, 10,000mi/yr).

Can I have the rates for the leases for Oct please so I have some idea of what they probably gave me and I can compare to what there will be out there in December? Can I ask for any paperwork in writing now? One of the parts of the deal was that I would trade in my current lease (not a BMW) as the "downpayment" for the new lease.

BTW, I did shop around with 2 other dealers.

Thanks, Kit
    edited October 2012
    No need to worry about price as you can always just walk away (and get your money/downpmt back if you gave one). The good thing is that you ordered the car you want, custom if you will; so when it comes time to buy, the exact car is there. However, it's not good that the salesman only emailed you the monthly lease payment, since it's transparent that he wants you to focus on that number and not the adjusted number once the better rates for Dec come in, with the hope that you will still pay that same monthly amt that you agreed to and he can pocket the difference b/t that current number and that adjusted one with the new Dec MF/interest rate. Always distrust these guys, they are out to make a killing!

If I were you, I would simply wait until 1st week of Dec, after the car comes in and walk in and renogotiate EVERYTHING (tell him to forget the past numbers or else you walk out). Rebuild your car on Edmunds and from the "invoice" number substract all incentives you can find (on Edmunds and elsewhere) and multiply by .04. An offer of 4% profit is more than reasonable (that is of the truest/most accurate dealer invoice, and I say this b/c we will never know the true amt in cash back and other manufacturer to dealer money there is to compute the actual dealer invoice). Now that you know what you should pay, compare it to what you agreed to before to see if you are near that number.

If I am not mistaken, the current rates equal a 3.5% interest rate (.001458 MF x 2400), which is bad. I believe this is where a lot of manufacturer to dealer money will come from (even though the salesperson will BS you saying that they could mark up this interest rate/MF but won't and "save you" money here - this is b/c BMW Fin. already does that for them). You need to see the big picture to see the sales scam. But last Dec, on 7's, I believe they had a 0.9% or $5K in option money, whichever you chose, which I is where you get the good deal. Let's see what this Dec brings - no one knows this now, so don't bother looking. Just wait until 1st week of Dec and then make your decision, which is exactly what I am doing.

Also, don't let that whole sales gimmick work your head, i.e. seeing "your" car "in production" (getting you to feel as though your car is already yours). The sales pitch/scam is an entire experience. However, I will say I do love the dang car. Just don't let your emotion allow you to buy a bad deal.

GL!
  • nother1inlinnother1inlin Member Posts: 5
    I'm ordering a 750 with a lot of bells and whistles. Can I still walk out without penalty when the car actually arrives? Another question: I negotiated a great price bu the residual value is being computed from the MSRP and not from that price - is that how it is?
    As long as you didn't sign anything that says "non-refundable" down payment, you should be able to walk out.

The residual price is always calculated by using the actual MSRP, which is a good thing. The higher the MSRP used, the lesser the difference b/t the residual value and the actual cap cost, which translates into lower monthly payments. Remember, lease payment is generally cap cost - residual value + interest / # of months + tax.
    Thanks for the replies. I will try to be patient and see what December brings!
    I am getting MF based on 3.29% with provision to accommodate anything better in the next 90 days - fair isin't it? Please provide expert opinions
    Hello Kit. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 750i with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nother1inlin. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for most models is .00135. That's equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.24%. On an ordered BMW, you can lock in the lease program that is available at the time that you placed your order and then use either that program or the one that is available at the time of delivery, whichever is better. Which is a good thing because I suspect that BMW's December programs will be fairly aggressive because it is in a dog fight with Mercedes-Benz for the U.S. sales title.

Car_man
    Host
    A dealer is offering me 2K below invoice but the money factor they want to use is .00175 - is that fair?
    Hey nother1inlin. Is this a 2013 model? Is it equipped with the M Sport Package? I'd say that $2,000 below invoice plus that money factor is reasonable for a '13 without M Sport...though I would still prefer that the dealer use the buy rate whenever possible.

Car_man
    Host
    It is 2013 with M sport (no cost option). Vehicle in stock - please advise if I should order and wait 8 weeks for delivery to lock in a better money factor (possibly) but the price will then be at invoice and no less
    Can we have the November lease rates please and what any specials are for the end of the year that are known? Is M Sport package still free? Thanks very much! Kit
    If I could get an ordered 2013 7 at invoice I would definitely do it. That's a good deal. You'll be getting the exact car that you want at an excellent price with the potential that the lease program on it will improve by the time your car arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kit. BMW is scheduled to introduce its new November programs some time later today, though I don't know if that will be delayed as a result of the horrible storms that they had in the Northeast.

Starting in September all 7-Series models are being produced with free M Sport packages. All of the units in inventory that have this option will likely continue to receive credits from BMW for them.

Car_man
    Host
    On Edmunds, an incentive I haven't seen yet has appeared, $3500 holiday money. The deal is listed as follows:

Leasing Incentive 1

Requirements and Restrictions:
    •Down Payment: $3,500
    •Security Deposit: $0
    •Lease Cash: $4,250
    •Annual Mileage: 10,000
    •Loyalty Lease is based on the 2013 740i. MSRP as equipped is $74,195. $2,625 Dealer contribution and $4,250 Lease Cash are required for the $809 monthly payment. Lease Cash includes $750 (Loyalty Bonus Cash) and $3,500 (Holiday Bonus Cash). $5,034 due at signing. Tax, tags and insurance are extra. Must finance through BMW Financial Services.

I didn't check about the continued M package, but I am almost positive that it will be a continuing incentive (btw - it doesn't really cost them more). Also, the interest rates continue to be 3.29%, which I will assume based on this number that the lease/money factor is .00137 (3.29/2400) and is thus not changed from last month.

So, we got a new incentive. Let's see if we get another one during 1st week of Dec. GL!
    Apparently the program is out - $3500 cash, .00125 MF but 55% residual on 10K - this was 58% earlier
  • yes123yes123 Member Posts: 50
    just got the following quote on a 2013 750 li x drive:

2013 BMW 750Li xDrive Sedan

Exterior Color

Dark Graphite Metallic II

Interior Color

Black Nappa Leather

MSRP

$104,495.00

Options

137I 750Lxi

B90 Dark Graphite Metallic II

NASW Black Nappa Leather

ZCW Cold Weather Package

248 Heated Steering Wheel

464 Ski bag

496 Heated rear seats

ZEC Executive Package

415 Power rear sunshade

416 Power rear sunshade with rear manual side w...

453 Front ventilated seats

4ND Instrument panel with leather finish

4U1 Ceramic Controls

610 Head-up Display

6NF Smartphone Integration

6NR BMW Apps

ZLP Lighting Package

552 Full LED Lights

5AC Automatic high beams

ZMP M Sport Package

760 Shadowline exterior trim

7MP Sport Package

2NG 19" M light alloy V-spoke style 302-withall...

710 M steering wheel

715 Aerodynamic kit

775 Anthracite headliner

840 Increased top speed limiter

1CA CO2 relevant vehicles

4CA Ash Grain Wood trim

6AA BMW TeleServices

Lender:

BMW FS

Type:

Lease

Term:

36 Months

Miles per year:

10,000 miles/year

Tax State:

NY

Monthly Payment:
    $1,100.00

Total Due at Delivery:

$6,311.51 includes 7.375% Sales Tax
    Do you expect any improvement on this deal for December, considering all factors incl lower a residual, improved MF, additional option $, etc... ?
  • yes123yes123 Member Posts: 50
    Hi Carman. Can you help. The dealer is trying to get me to take a car in stock rather than order to my liking. He says that if I take a car that has the M package (which I do want) and is built before august that it is a better deal because the MSRP is higher. He says this is because if it is built after august their is a credit on the window sticker for the M package thus bringing down the MSRP which affects the residual and thus the monthly lease price.

I have used a car lease calculator and the monthly payment stays the same regardless if the MSRP is higher or reduced for the M package credit.

Help.

I'd rather order the color I like rather than settle.
    Hi yes123. Dealers usually try to steer consumers towards units that they have in stock and away from ordering vehicles. There's a number of reasons for this, including getting a vehicle that they are paying floorplan interest on out of their ASAP plus as the old saying goes a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Dealers would rather finalize a deal now than wait on an ordered vehicle and risk having it fall apart.

How much more per month are they trying to charge you for an ordered car than one that's in stock? On an expensive car like this, I personally think that it's silly to settle for a color that you don't want for a few dollars per month. Perhaps you could visit another dealer or two to see if they have the exact car and color combination that you want in stock.

Car_man
    Host
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Hi CarMan,
    Do you have the most updated rates and money factor for a 2013 750i xDrive? If so, please post with 12K and 15K miles.

Also, do you if the holiday cash can be combined with other incentives?

Thanks
  • riz3216riz3216 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman and others

I am looking to lease a 2012 BMW 750 LI xdrive 2012 . The best offer i have found is $899 for 36-month and following specs:

includes Cold Weather Pkg, Luxury Seating Package, 19" wheels Sat Radio, Fine Line High Gloss Wood Trim and more. BMW FS lease with approved credit, $4500 cap cost reduction, 1st, lic, title, acq, tax and doc due at signing. Includes Owner Loyalty. Please see dealer for details.

Do you think this is a good deal. What do I need ask the dealer when negotiating this deal

Thanks
    RM
  • riz3216riz3216 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can someone please respond, any feedback or advice on my previous post
    Hi rr4mywife. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 750i xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There is a $3,500 holiday cash incentive available on this car right now. It can be combined with $750 owner loyalty cash and the free M Sport Package offers.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.