Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• sadatxsadatx Member Posts: 70
    I used an online lease calculator and came up with a monthly payment of $1,326.94 with the numbers you provided. I used an acquisition fee of $625 but the dealer can charge up to $825 (I think).

FWIW, you can put multiple security deposits to lower the money factor. I think you can put down a max of 7 security deposits. In most cases, this shaves off abt $40 from the monthly payment.

Good Luck.
  • tony001tony001 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the forum. It looks like a very valuable service. Can you please advise as to the current lease numbers (MF, Residual Value, expected CAP cost) for a 36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year on a 2007 750i.

The Retail value is $82,495 with the option I have selected.

From some recent posts I was expecting the following:
    MF: .0200
    Residual Value: 61% of the Retail price
    Cap Cost: I saw one post with a $4100 discount off Retail. For this car, that would be $78,395

Are these reasonable and attainable today? I am in the LA area.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome back buster6. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 68%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher than its 15k resid.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi eric312. Yes, BMW does offer leases of Certified Pre-Owned models through BMW Financial Services. Unfortunately, I do not personally keep tabs on manufacturers lease programs for used vehicles so I really can't give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the car that you are interested in. All CPO vehicles come with an extended warranty, but I am not familiar with the warranty extension because of quality problems that you mentioned. You may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting one of the following discussions: "BMW 7-Series 2006 and earlier" or "BMW 7-Series Maintenance & Repair".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome tony001. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750i with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 61%, respectively. For make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 7-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tdn9999tdn9999 Member Posts: 4
    I have decided to treat myself to the 7 series and haven't found any new Posts to determine what the present standards are. I live in MD and this is the info from a local dealer in the area.

750i
    Convenience + Premium Sound + Wood Trim & Sat Radio.

MSRP: 79,070
    Sale Price: 75,950
    Rate: 2.45
    Residual: .58
    Govt Fees: 206.00
    Taxes: 3802.54
    Adj Residual: 45856.60

I would put down 5K for a 36month lease w/ 15K annual miles. This puts my payments at $1166/month.

BTW…. The vehicle is located in another state and they also mentioned a delivery charge b/t $300-$500.

Thoughts anyone???
  • sohail_anwarsohail_anwar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help. I am talking right now with the dealer in regards to 2006 750LI. It has 11000 Km (in canada) and has executive package on it. I am not sure if I should go for the lease or finance.

They have a ballon finance option available on the car, the deal as follows:

BMW 2006 750LI , 11280 KM
    (EXECUATIVE PACKAGE, ski bag, heated rear seats)
    dealers price $89898 cdn dollars (still being negotiated)
    finace for 48 months
    rate 4.90
    balloon payment at the end of term : 30,000
    monthly paymnt : 1796 (with tax) with 0 down

Does anybody had any expereince with balloon finace ? Are there any hidden cost I should be looking out for.

I will appreciate your comments.
    Thanks
  • iceman2iceman2 Member Posts: 23
    In the Chicago area - BMW dealer has a NEW leftover 2006 750i. They want it off the lot and willing to deeply discount. I'm having a hard time finding new pricing/invoice info on '06's. Looking to negotiate a steep discount, then a great lease. The car's sticker as follows:

Car $71,800
    Luxury Seating
    Premium Sound
    Comfort Access
    Satellite
    Rear Shade
    Total MSRP $79,990

Any thoughts on price to offer?
  • bmwinfo1bmwinfo1 Member Posts: 2
    what kind of numbers should i expect working off of $80,580 and mf of.00115 with 61% residual...3 year lease with 10,000 miles?
    Hi bmwinfo1. Where did you get the money factor that you mentioned in your post from? It is much lower than BMW Financial Services' actual factor for this car. BMW FS' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750Li with 10,000 miles per year are .00275 and 61%, respectively. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what this car's monthly payment would be, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP and its approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dxhanrahandxhanrahan Member Posts: 2
    I have a deposit down on a Alpina B7. The car arrives today. I want a 3 year lease with 15k miles per year. The dealer is telling me the BMW money factor is .004 and it is because these cars are so limited. He is also telling me the residual is 49%. Does this sound right to you? Can he offer me alternate lease companies besides BMW Financial?
    Hi dxhanrahan. BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the B7 Alpina. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease program. Even so, the money factor that you were quoted sounds a little high to me. BMW FS' buy rate standard money factor varies by region, but it should be in the .003XX range, probably more like .00320 to .00350 rather than .00400. I'm sure that the dealer you are working with is trying to mark BMW's buy rate up to add additional, hidden profit to your deal. This practice is very common amongst BMW dealers. See if you can get the dealer that you are working with to use the buy rate to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dxhanrahandxhanrahan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I ended up getting a .0035 factor after working them on it.
  • stddevstddev Member Posts: 1
    I've looked everywhere for an answer to the following question. I'm hoping someone here can answer.

Here's the situation:
    I'm coming to the end of a 42-month lease on a 2004 745Li. It's in perfect condition with VERY low mileage -- 17K miles (the lease was written for 35K over the term).

Here's the question:

Is there any way that I can monetize the extra "value" from the low mileage when I go to replace the car with a 2007 or 2008 7-series.

Thanks
  • dimpledimple Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to lease BMW first time and need help.

I got final negotiation result for follows. Please advise whether I need to negotiate more or accept it.

1. M.S.R.P. include options ($86,690)
    2. 36 month lease with 15K mile/year
    3. $2350 down (first month, registration fee)
    4. $1300 security deposit
    5. Monthly payment: $1,203 plus tax (7.75% S.Calif.)
    Total $1,296/month

I will appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
  • memdememde Member Posts: 1
    I am negotiating on a new 750Li and need help with what I should expect on a fair money factor

MSRP: $88,000
    Sale Price $82,000
    Resid value 58%
    Term: 36 month
    Miles: 15K per year
    money Factor: .0031

From what I have read it appears that this money factor should be closer to .0023 to .0025

I am in Houston, TX and need some advise...Please help!!!!

Memde
    Hi dimple. You never mentioned the selling price of the 750Li that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're in luck, memde. BMW recently enhanced its lease program for the 2007 7-Series. In addition to lowering its buy rate lease money factor to .00250, BMW introduced $3,500 dealer cash on leases of it. You definitely should renegotiate this deal, taking these new, enhanced incentives into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmwca1bmwca1 Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping for a 750Li 36mo 15K lease. I had an offer for 0.0031 MF and $2k over invoice in No. CA in April 2007.

Car_man, what would you recommend for a target cap cost and MF? (MSRP/INV incl dest is $84,375/$77,640) in light of the new incentives. The dealer told me that the incentive is only for buying not leasing, true?

Thanks for your help

bmwca1
    Hi bmwca1. Waiting to get your 750Li certainly worked to your advantage. BMW is providing a ton of lease support on this car right now. Not only is its money factor lower now than what you were quoted, .00250, BMW is providing a $3,500 dealer cash incentive on leases of it. The person who told you that this cash incentive is only available on purchases, not leases, was either confused or lying. If I personally was in the market for this car, I would shoot for a selling price of around $2,500 to $3,000 under invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • atb84atb84 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man. I'm a bit confused and just wish to have something clarified. I'm currently looking at a 750Li that lists for $86,750. I've not started negotiations yet but the salesman did say he'd "work some good numbers for me." I had told him I just came from the Lexus dealer down the street and not sure if I wanted to go with the LS460. That may have had something to do with it. However based on your reply, he obviously has room to play and thus may explain things. But one question: did you mean to say $2500 to $3000 UNDER invoice??? The person you were responding to mentioned a couple grand over invoice, so are you suggesting they could get close to $5000 more off, PLUS the cash AND financing incentives? Please explain for I think I may make a move this week. Thank you so much. You've been very helpful.
    Hi atb84. In areas that have a decent level of competition, it may indeed be possible to get a new 7-Series for below dealer invoice because A) BMW is not providing a special $3,500 dealer cash incentive on leases of it through BMW Financial Services and B) it is not selling very well right now. Shoot for a selling price that is as close to dealer invoice as possible (above) and them have the dealer subtract the aforementioned cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    I was just quoted the following:
    MSRP-83,470
    Selling Price-80,260
    Invoice (according to dealer is 77,260)
    3500 applied as cash down on lease
    24mos-1327, residual-68%- drive off- 1395- first and DMV
    36 mos-1243-residual-58% - drive off- 1311-same as above
    money factor .00250
    Both include tax in payment (suffolk Co NY- 8.3/4?)

Questions: Is applying the cash back as down payment the most advantageous to me as far as lowering monthly payment?

He ran the numbers on a "car he had in stock". I didn't get the particular equipment yet. Does that retail seem like a normally equipped car? I will check but I don't think I need a lot of extras as the "standard" model is so loaded". My goal is to get a low payment.
    Do you think I could do better?
    Are they reliable now? I know the first 2 yrs were nightmares for some. I am also considering the 535 which is much cheaper for essentially the same tech toys (maybe more advanced actually-traffic warning nav, Head Up display, faster etc)but I've grown used to a "big car ride" and I'm coming off lease of an LS430. So if I can get a great deal on a 7, maybe I would step up an extra 2-300 per month over a 535xi (lease structured the same way as above on that is about 935 for 36 mos for a loaded car). I was looking to be around 1100 for a 7. Do you think it's possible? (by the way your post above says "BMW is not providing" when I think you may have meant to say "now providing")
    Thanks,
    Oh, just one more thing: this is listed on Edmunds as the "incentive" lease program. How does this stack up?
    Thanks

Leasing
    Start: 09/01/2007 End: 10/01/2007 $919 Monthly Payment
    36 Month Term
    $3500 Down Payment
    $919 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on a 2007 750i Sedan.
    Comments $5338 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    Did you ever try working with an independent leasing company/broker? I hear some people getting good deals from them.
    where do you find them?
    Hello Topsin628. I'm thinking we should keep in touch for I'm going through a similar process. Reviewing the numbers you show a couple messages back I'm a bit troubled however. According to Edmunds, you're invoice should be more $76,815 (assuming the following options: lux. seating, convenience pckg., sirius radio and destination). Check it out. Now you may be fine with that, but I'd be concerned with the integrity of the salesman/dealer if he/she has told you the invoice is one thing and its actually another. I'd try to find out which is true. Either way, you're doing better than me. On a 750Li listed in the VA/DC/MD area for $87,920, 10k mi/yr; the dealers first offer was: sales price $83,120 (not incl. rebate of 3500), $8084.21 down, and $1084.21/mth ($1105.95/mth for 12k mi/yr). He's at least $2k over invoice. I'm not even sure I want to counter b/c I feel its an insult. I'm working w/ 2 others and should get numbers from them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Please do the same. Good luck. Anyone else, please feel free to comment, advice, etc.
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    Here are a few sites. No personal recommendation as i found them on Google.

http://www.regencyleasing.com/specials.asp

http://www.excellentlease.com/

http://www.infiniteleasing.com/

http://www.grandprixmotors.net/specialoffers.html

Let us know what they quote you.
    I'm working w/ 2 others and should get numbers from them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Please do the same. Good luck. Anyone else, please feel free to comment, advice, etc.

The 750i was an 82K car and they want 3K over invoice. For the 535 they are working on 1800 over. Surprising to me that the better selling 5's would be lower profit. I haven't really begun to negotiate yet so if I decide to go for the 7 I will push to see where they really are (don't forget, there is 3500 rebate money back that they were applying as a down payment on the lease price but they were still making the 3k on the car per that deal).
    Also, if you are a current BMW client you get a better money factor (I don't qualify) that drops the payments about 40 bucks a month on the 5 and 7. Let me know how you do and I will do the same.
    Thanks
  • ohgobucksioohgobucksio Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man. First of all great forum. Its my first time leasing a car and so I have questions if I may please.
    Info: 2007 750Li with sport pkg; lux seats; rear ent; night vision; premium sound; 19" tires; convenience pkg; comfort access; power rear shades; sirus radio. I drive a lot so I've asked for 25k miles/yr. Here is what I was quoted in central Ohio for a 3 year lease:

MSRP $ 94,055
    Residual $ 48,551
    Adj capital cost $ 91,900
    He said he came up with the price as follows
    $ 91,055 selling price
    ($3,500) rebate
    $ 725 bank fee
    $ 3,865 sales tax
    $ 91,909 adj cost
    Payment $ 1,604 per mo. ($ 1,103 dep; $389 finance; $100& change tax).
    Factor .00285
    Due at sign: $1,915 (first pmt + lic plates + tax on $ 3,500 rebate).
    Warr: 4yr/50k.
    Ext warr: $ 3,875 for additional 50k since I"m going to be driving about 75k miles in 3 years
    Does not cover maint so that is an extra $ 1,895 for 6yr/100,000 miles

Lastly the other option was to lease it for 2 years to stay in warranty and payment changes to $ 1,718

The comparison on Edmunds shows invoice of $ 87,665 and what others are paying in the area at $ 91,439.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Go Bucks!!!
    Hey Car man and others. Yesterday I had some rather intense negotiations with about three different dealers (mostly over the phone, but had met previously). Anyway two of the three had mentioned that the $3500 rebate was ONLY on the 750i. When I went to BMW's web-site it seemed to confirm that. Do you or anyone else have something different that would deny that. That would help a lot. Also, during negotiations with one of them I was told that they could only get to the "cost money factor" of .0025 I'd have to put something down or more security deposit; otherwise they'll be around .00305. They're telling me its made up of .0025 cost; plus .00015 if security deposit is waived; plus a .0004 dealer applied mark-up or something that they say "every dealer applies." Net cap cost is only about $300 over invoice though. Does this make sense to you? Are they making up discounted cap cost elsewhere like in the money factor? Also, they may have to ship the car in from about 1000 miles away and mentioned charging a few hundred for that. Is that standard? Finally, if you BMW guys at the dealership are listening/reading...hello :-) .
  • madmakxmadmakx Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car man, have a question regarding leasing a 2007 750i, do you think the 3500 will just go away or would they replace it with a different program?

I have a lease expiring in about 7 weeks, and as designed the $3500 makes it somewhat attractive to lease now and eat the last two payments, if I wait seven weeks will probably be limited to 2008 models without incentives.

Thoughts? comments? suggestions?
    750i got a quote today, $3,500 incentive still in place!!!

apply $3500 to drive off...so zero drive off and $1,135 (tax etc, included - 8.25% here in CA) per month on a 36MO/10K miles per year.

2007 750i sports package, luxury seating, convenience, comfort access, premium sound......
  • woodranch2woodranch2 Member Posts: 1
    For anyone with knowledge I would appreciate your help.I am ready to lease an 07 Alpina B7 and here are my figures..
    3 years 10,000 miles per month
    MSRP 124,760
    Residule value 52%
    Adjusted cap cost is 114,565
    Money factor 0.00299
    lease payments are 2055.00 tax included
    Does this seem like a great lease?Advice needed
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    That deal sounds great! What is the name of the dealership that you are dealing with? Thanks!!
    Dealing with Long Beach BMW, let me know how it goes..I will wait until end of November until my current lease expires....
  • johnz5johnz5 Member Posts: 8
    are there any incentives on a 740i lease? i am interested in sport, comfort, sirius and convenience package. anyone have any insight into pricing on a 15k mile lease? thanks!
    i was qouted on a 750i with sport, convenience comfort and sirius $1150 per month, 15k miles and put taxes down. car lists at $82k. is that a good deal?
    I just got one for 1150 per month (incl tax), zero down, 10k miles on a three year with sports, comfort, convenience, premium sound, sirius and chrome wheels.

I know Long Beach BMW would proibably beat that deal too (ask for Jason),,,, if you are in So Cal.
    sounds like a fair deal. any idea of what the increase would have been for 15k miles?
    did u pay sales tax?
    i have a lease offer for a 750i that lists for $86170
    36 months
    12k miles
    zero down (no taxes)
    $1332 per month

i could pay taxes down $5400 and get monthly to $1168

is this a good deal???
    Yes my deal was$1,150 per month on a 2007 750i as listed earlier (including tax and zero drive off) for 36 mo, 10K lease..
    Hi johnz5. I assume that you are talking about the BMW 750i. BMW is running a special lease program on it right now. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively. I would be happy to use this program to estimate what the monthly payment should be like on the specific car that you are interested in if you provide me with its MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johnz5. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • durden1durden1 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

What is the correct, current money factor for 08 BMW 750Lli?

Is the $3,500 dealer incentive still available?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Hello durden1. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00260 and 55%, respectively for consumers who are either returning BMW FS lessees or non-returning customers who choose to pay a security deposit at lease signing. BMW is now providing a whopping $5,000 dealer cash incentive on leases of the 2008 7-Series through BMW FS. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your lease on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    car man,

can you give me the same as above but for a 10K mile per year lease? Are the rates different at all for the 750i? What are they for a 24 months lease?
  • gildrvgildrv Member Posts: 1
    Help!!"> I'm looking to lease a 2008 750i sedan in the next couple of months ,and was wondering if you get a sense that BMW FS is going to increase the current $5000 capitalized cost reduction incentive in anticipation of the new 2009 inventory with body style change?
    Hi jim53. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 750i with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00200 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.