Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• bmw_carbmw_car Member Posts: 10
    Is the Lease Residual Value calculated on original MSRP or Negotiated price ?
    For example, the vehicle MSRP with Options is $60625 and Invoice Price is $55765.

If I use the residual of 63%, then does it come to (60625 * 63/100) = 38194

or

(55765 * 63/100) = 35132
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    The residual value is computed using the MSRP. More accurately, its calculation is based on the adjusted MSRP. Although this probably does not apply to you, the adjusted MSRP is formulated by adding the cost of dealer installed options or, deducting certain options. Dealer installed options are usually not fully residualized and, in some instances, not residualized at all. The reason is that fund providers know that dealers grossly inflate the value of installed options. Generally, though...

Residual Value = Residual Factor (%) x MSRP

John

PS: If you would like sample lease proposals, you can email me at
    diffeq@zoominternet.net
    I used the calculator at Edmunds since I figured that my own calculator is going to be the same Edmunds Calculator so I just used the one at Edmunds.

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/auto_lease_calculator_index.html

Here are my numbers for this calculator:

Vehicle Sales Price (with typical options; before Customer Cash Rebate): 60,625 This is the main one to negotiate IMO. ]
    Cash Down Payment: $4000

Lease Term (months): 36
    Lease Residual Value: MSRP * Residual % = $60625 * 63% = $38193.75 <== [ I used the MSRP for residual value calculations. I think this is fixed for a month by BMW. ]
    Money Factor : 0.0020 <== [ Equivalent to APR of 4.8% by using the multiplication factor of 2400. This is negotiable but doesn't affect the payment so much even with 0.0021 ]
    Miles Driven per Year: 10,000
    Acquisition Fee (estimated): $725 <== [ Used the figure from bmwusa.com Lease Offer ]
    Security Deposit: $650 <== [ Edmunds doesn't let me change it but bmwusa.com Lease Offer shows $550 ]

Total Loan Amount: $53,399.00
    My Monthly Payment (tax included): $643.39

Please suggest if I am on right track and my numbers calculated makes sense.
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    what state are you in? can you tell me the dealership? thanks
    edited July 2010
    bmw car,

Are you on the right track? That's tough to answer because you provided a payment of $643.39 (tax included) but you didn't tell me your state or tax rate. So, I have no idea whether you computed the base payment correctly. What does the $53,399 total loan amount mean? Is that the net (adjusted) cap cost? You may want to look at the first formula in post #1279. Everything else looks good except you may want to do more homework on the selling price... seems very high.

John
  • newyorkphilipnewyorkphilip Member Posts: 11
    I am considering to lease a new 2011 X5 35i Premium with the following options:

* Convenience Pkg
    * Technology Pkg
    * Cold Weather Pkg

The MSRP of this car is $58,925.

Today I have contacted a local BMW dealer for an initial quote for 36-month with 12,000 miles per year without any negotiation. A sales person told me that they could offer $780/month with $0 down lease, but I need to pay a upfront cost of $2,800. I assume that $2,800 include a first month lease payment. Is $2000 right amount to cover taxes and fee? Any suggestion?

Please let me know.
  • porsche11porsche11 Member Posts: 4
    I have tried to lease 2011 x5 xdrive35i premium

I got an offer from the local dealer.
    Option:
    1. Convenience pack
    2. Cold weather pack
    3. Running board
    4. 3rd row seat
    5. Park distance control

MSRP: 58875
    Invoice: 54675
    Cap: 55255 (580 over invoice)
    36month/10000/year
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: 63%
    Tax:6%

License $ registration 165.00
    bank fee 925.00
    doc fee 75.00
    First payment 740.38
    Sec deposit 749.00
    Total Drive off: 2714.38

Monthly payement: 740.38 include tax

Is it a good deal or not?
    Is it reasonable for bank fee?

Thank you.
  • newyorkphilipnewyorkphilip Member Posts: 11
    I would like to get some advice on upfront drive off cost. Based on my conversation with a BMW dealer in NJ, they are telling me that I have to pay the following drive off costs:

Bank Fee: $925 (I see other people got the same fee info. Do I really have to pay for this?
    Doc Fee: $ $369 (I see other people got $75 fee. I am pretty sure my dealer is trying to scam me on this.)
    Lux Tax, License, and Registration: $533.49 (I am a NJ resident, and my sales person tells me that I need to pay a luxery tax on my lease. Is that true?)

Please let me know what you think.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Bank fee: Base fee is $725.. they are marking it up the maximum for extra profit. But, no requirement that you pay it upfront, you can always roll it into your lease payments.

Doc fee: Just more revenue for the dealer... They added $369 to your deal... they probably won't take it off, but you can threaten to walk, if they don't lower the price of the car by a comparable amount... Again, this fee wouldn't have to be paid upfront.... you could roll it in.

Lux tax, etc..: Not sure, but I think the luxury tax is a NJ thing... Added to cars that have an MSRP above a certain amount ($40K?, $50K?). Although it's possible to roll everything into the lease payment, most people pay registration fees upfront.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cntv121cntv121 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Is the 4500 incentive on the X5 only for Diesel or can it be used on all X5 models? I am interested in the X5 Premium.

Thanks!
  • tmasstmass Member Posts: 2
    @lmoney783

I am actually looking for the same exact specs (premium, tech, & conv.) in NY (Long Island). Maybe you could answer a few of my questions.

1. What was the Selling price and how much over invoice was this deal?
    2. What dealership?
    3. What exactly was the Security Deposit, Bank Fee, Acquisition Fee, and Taxes?

Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • tmasstmass Member Posts: 2
    I'm very interested. Let me know more.
  • nyludditenyluddite Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

May I get your opinion on the quality of the deal for a new 2011 X-5 Premium that I recently negotiated and am scheduled to pick up on 7/26?

I am located in NYC. The MSRP is 59,575. 36 mo. lease, 10,000 miles/yr.

The lease provides for $1,000 down and 35 additional monthly payments of $847.

Regards.
    MSRP typically shows a destination and handling fee of $875.
    The dealer also charges an additional $725 for acquisition fee.

Is it justified for the 36 mo 10K lease to pay both Destination/handling and acquisition fee on top of it ?

Can someone clarify it and the purpose of each one of them in case of leasing ?
    I noticed that BMW lease advertisement for the 35i Premium says as MSRP of $52100 and the base MSRP is $51600. This tells me that the Destination and Handling is only $500 instead of $875.
    Destination and handling are part of the car price on every MSRP and invoice... Breaking it out means nothing to a deal... It's just a way to make the top line of the price look a little cheaper.. It's easier to just consider it a mandatory option.. ;)

The acquisition fee goes to the bank that provides the lease... It's a way to cover costs/increase profits... Dealers can mark up this by as much as $200 for extra dealer profit. Just about every bank charges an acquisition fee... doesn't really matter what it's for, you have to pay it.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'd guess that means that the advertised deal is for a vehicle with a $500 option...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rravinrravin Member Posts: 37
    Hi John,
    I love your approach to handling the lease. The thing that I have trouble with is the fees and taxes(other than destination, sales tax). Where do you get this info? Any chance you would share your program for leasing?

Ross
    Car man, do you have the July lease numbers from BMW financial (residual, mf and any other appropriate fees (other then destination) for the X5 5.0i. I live in Los Angeles, CA If that matters....
    Ross,

Many thanks for your kind words. Fees are obtained from the dealer and right here at Edmunds. The host can provide information on finance captive money factors, residuals, acquisition fees, and incentives. The dealer can provide info on their doc fee, DMV fees, etc.

Sales tax is determined by your state. As far as my lease program is concerned, I no longer provide it to anyone. I learned that some people were using it for financial gain and so I'm no longer providing it. I have a comprehensive program covering all 50 states and some of the calculations are quite complex that took considerable time to develop. I will, however, provide copies of sample lease proposals if you email me at...

diffeq@zoominternet.net

John
    edited July 2010
    porsche11,

All the numbers are correctly calculated. However, your bank fee of $925 has been inflated by $200 over the normal $725. It doesn't appear as though you're financing anything and you haven't made a cap reduction. Therefore, the sell price, gross cap, and adjusted cap all reflect the same value of $55,255. I don't know whether $580 over invoice is good or not. Have you checked overstock at zag.com for the lowest competitive pricing in your area? Are there any cash incentives available?

The $749 security deposit looks rather peculiar. Seems that it should be $750 as fund providers typically round the payment up to the next whole $25 or $50.

Overall, it seems that you got a reasonable deal but nothing to write home about.

John
  • tocheer4tocheer4 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    Got the following deal from Seattle Dealer

2011 X5 35i Premium
    Has Conv, Cold, Running Board, Hi-Fi, Park distance control
    MSRP 58,375
    Lease for 36th months, 12k / year
    Dealer Selling price
    Bank fee 925
    monthly 813.62 and downpayment is 3524.

Is it good deal?

Thanks

tocheer4
  • joanne17joanne17 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to lease a 2011 BMW X5, and can get a grasp on what is reasonable for monthly payment and cash due at signing. What number can I negotiate with the manager to bring the cost down (i.e. what are fixed fees and what are negotiable fees?). Any other advise would be really appreciated -- I feel very vulnerable because I don't feel that I have all the information.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cntv121. Unfortunately, the $4,500 is only available on diesel models. BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on non-diesel X5s that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I certainly do, rravin. Here you go.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 5.0i with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings joanne17. I don't know if you're new to leasing, but if you are, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info car man. So the MF for the 2011 X5 5.0i is less than for 2011 X5 3.5 Premium (I saw a post earlier in the month that stated the MF is .00210). Is this true or did the MF on the X5 3.5 premium come down? Also, what are the numbers for 12k for both vehicles?
    Is it 0.0018 or 0.00210 for July ?
    Are the rates going to be same or lower in Aug ?
    2011 X5 3.5 Premium MF is also 0.00210 for July.
  • sashaklasashakla Member Posts: 2
    Hi, What are the numbers for August 2010? Are they any better than July's?
    I have my x5 35i Premium being built and have an agreement with dealer that they will change the contract if numbers in August are lower.
    Appreciate your help
    Alex
  • dk_bmwdk_bmw Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Just ordered a BMW X5 today to be built, and am unsure about my lease deal. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from members, as I think I might still have time to re-negotiate throughout the weekend, as the order was just placed.

Here is the information:

Ordered a 2011 X5 xDrive35d
    with premium package, premium sound package, navigation, rear climate package
    Total suggested price= $60,575.00
    (minus a $4,500 eco credit)

Dealer offered:
    36m/12K
    $747.93 (including tax)
    with $0 down- just inception fees of $1980 due at signing, which includes first month's payment.

Could someone please let me know if my lease deal is good, or if I have room, and time to renegotiate.

Thanks so much!
    You should be able to get a better deal. I just got mine $800 above invoice (MSRP 60,025 and I paid $56,600). I saw another person on the board got the 35i Premium just $500 over invoice.
    I agree with tocheer4. I recently negotiated a 35i Premium with MSRP of 61075 and $825 over invoice ( $56175 ).

Check your local area pricing at http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

It will also give you invoice price and the dealer cost which is lower than invoice price.

I was having a misconception originally that invoice price is what dealers are paying but the fact of the matter is that dealer cost is lower than invoice. In my case, the dealer cost was $54793 which was $1382 less than invoice, so even with $825 over invoice, the dealer was making a profit of $2207 on selling price only.
    The difference between dealer invoice and dealer cost is primarily holdback.

John
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Member Posts: 33
    Wondering if anyone knows the MF/residual for the 35d - 15k miles for 36 and 42 months.

Also, does anyone know the interest rate for the OwnersChoice financing from BMW? I have been quoted 6% for 15k/42months.

Thanks!
  • jamesldayjameslday Member Posts: 1
    Vista Motors in Pompano Beach, FL, supposedly the largest BMW dealer in the country is telling me that 4% off of MSRP/$2,800 discount on a $62,500 vehicle is the best they can do. Anyone out there beg to differ on what I really should be looking for in terms of a discount?

Thanks!
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Hi CarMan:

Could you provide the rate factor and residual for a 2010 & 2011 X5 35i based on a 36 month/10k lease and 36 month 12K lease.

Thanks!
  • jj_x5jj_x5 Member Posts: 2
    I've been soliciting quotes for a 2011 X5 Diesel. I have excellent credit (800+ credit score) so I should not have any problems qualifying for top tier financing with BMWFS. The August lease factor is .00221. However, I've been told that I cannot get this rate unless I put down a security deposit. Without a security deposit, I've been quoted. 00225. Is this correct? Can a more favorable lease factor be tied to the security deposit? I was under the impression that it was strictly based on your credit rating. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
  • always_buyingalways_buying Member Posts: 3
    HI Carman -

First - this is an awesome site to ask questions and gain feedback - i've just discovered it and am really appreciative.

Would you mind reviewing the lease deal I've negotiated and confirming it? Many thanks.

2011 BMW X5.0
    Cold Weather Pgk
    Premium Pkg
    Premium Sound Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Sport Pkg.
    Roof Rails
    Running Boards
    Smartphone Integration

MSRP $70,625
    Agreed Price: $66,935
    12,000 miles per year 36 months
    Due at signing $3,056.16 (1st payment, Security $950, Acquisition $725, Fees/Insurance $397.50, upfront tax $67.35)
    $916.31 month
    Rate 0.00200

Just trying to confirm if the deal is good - I received other quotes way above this.

Many thanks for taking a look.
  • always_buyingalways_buying Member Posts: 3
    Sorry Car_man - meant to add the residual to the deal I described above - the residual on the lease is $43,787.50

Thanks for your perspective.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I think you should look at the price and the money factor separately to see if you have a good enough deal.. The saleprice is local and you can use this site to see if you can do better through them (they seems legit. they raised about 37 million in one of the venture funding a few months agao. but never use them before).

http://www.zag.com/

Then you should check the money factor for this month from BMW.. Looks like for X5, it is 0.0018 for 36 months.. So the dealer is marking up the money factor by 0.0002.

http://www.leasecompare.com/auto_leasing_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3929&sid=472- b8378420a7e22302be097745a58f3

2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i
    24 Month &#150; Residual 66% of MSRP &#150; .00180 Base Rate
    36 Month &#150; Residual 60% of MSRP &#150; .00180 Base Rate
    48 Month &#150; Residual 40% of MSRP &#150; .00230 Base Rate
    60 Month &#150; Residual 34% of MSRP &#150; .00230 Base Rate

You can use this formular to figure out the lease payment if the dealer does not mark up the money factor (or find a lease calculator on the net.. their are plenty of them around)..

Lease Payment Calculation Formula:
    (Cap Cost &#150; Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Base Rate = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

My 2 cents is that unless you are in California (especially S. Cal), this is a reasonable but not spectacular deal.. If you are willing to spend more time search, you may be able to find better.. But if you are already tire of all the hunting, just enjoy the car...

also with BMW, I think you can put down multiple security deposit and reduce the money factor... You get all your security deposit back at the end of the lease.. And typically, the reduction of the lease payment for BMW is equivalent to about 8-9% annual return on your mulitple security deposit (Inifiniti is the best in this regard..they are in the range of 13-14% annual return).

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009292
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    You should be able to get a better deal. I just got mine $800 above invoice (MSRP 60,025 and I paid $56,600). I saw another person on the board got the 35i Premium just $500 over invoice.

Not necessary.. Location is mighty important to price negotiation. If you are in California, you tend to be able to get much better deal than anywhere else in the country. If there is only one BMW dealer in town and they are selling every X5 in their inventory, you won't see any discount at all...
  • john_r33john_r33 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,
    I am hoping to get feedback on a lease quote I have negotiated on a 2011 x5 35i Premium. I would very much appreciate any comments/thoughts anyone could offer!

(To qualify this a bit: i am not sure if I am out-of-touch with reality here, but I would like lease payment to be as close to 400-500/mo if possible)

AWD 4dr 35i Premium
    Options:
    3-STAGE HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    BMW ASSIST W/BLUETOOTH (639)
    BMW ON-BOARD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
    COLD WEATHER PKG (ZCW)
    CONVENIENCE PKG (ZCV)
    MULTI-CONTOUR SEATS (456)
    PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (508)
    PREMIUM HI-FI SYSTEM (677)
    RUNNING BOARDS (328)
    TECHNOLOGY PKG (ZTP)

Dealer gave me:

Monthly Lease: $400/mo (x 35 remaining payments)
    TOTAL out-of-pocket: $19,000 down (absolutely insane)

MSRP as built = $61,875
    Sale Price = 58,200
    BMW Financial's Acquisition Fee = 925
    Residual = $37,125 (60%)
    Money Factor = .00225
    Term = 36 months
    Mileage Allowance = 15,000 per year
    ------

After some negotiation, I am now at:

Monthly Lease = $665.18 (x 35 remaining payments)
    TOTAL out-of-pocket = 10,000 (includes 665.18 1st payment and 275 MVA fees and 9,059.82 Cap Cost Reduction)

MSRP as built = $61,875
    Sale Price = 58,200
    Residual = $37,125 (60%)
    Money Factor = .00225
    Term = 36 months

What is most important to me in this deal: 1) A lower monthly payment followed by 2) reducing the amount of down payment, and 3) any idea if I can ask for part of the down payment/deposit back at the end of the lease?

Any thoughts/suggestions on this deal is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    John
    edited August 2010
    John,

Excuse me, but I'm a little confused by your statement...

"What is most important to me in this deal: 1) A lower monthly payment followed by 2) reducing the amount of down payment "

Given that everything else remains unchanged, how does a lower cap reduction produce a lower monthly payment? How is $665.18 lower than $400 per month?

Naturally, the payment (665.18) is higher than (400) because the higher payment is paired with a lower cap reduction. There is no difference between the two deals except for the size of the cap reduction which changes the monthly payment. So, really, what have you gained other than lowering your exposure (i.e., risk) with a lower down payment?

For whatever it's worth, here is my view on cap reductions...

A NOTE ON CAP REDUCTIONS...

I do not advise making a cash down payment (i.e., cash cap reduction). A car is a depreciating asset and is purchased for consumption; and so, it's an expense and not an investment. No savvy investor would ever invest in stock that they know will depreciate or lose value over time. Also, if the vehicle is lost or stolen and never recovered, the insurance carrier will only pay ACV (actual cash value or est. market value). If your lease balance exceeds the ACV (called the GAP), your GAP protection will cover the difference. This GAP narrows the larger the down payment. Large down payments can cause the ACV to exceed the lease balance (negative GAP). In such cases, you necessarily risk losing part or all of your cap reduction if your car is totaled or stolen but never recovered.

Will your lease agreement provide for GAP coverage at no additional charge? If not, never buy GAP coverage from a dealer if the fund provider doesn't offer it in their lease contract, or provides it at additional charge, because the cost is grossly inflated. Check with your insurance carrier and, whether you buy or lease, your carrier can attach a GAP rider to your existing insurance policy. The annual cost, as a rule of thumb, is roughly 0.10% of the vehicle's MSRP. So, if the MSRP is $49,590, then your annual GAP premium is roughly 0.10% x $49,590 or about $50 annually.

The two driving forces of any lease deal are the selling price and money factor. Both remain the same in your two scenarios.You need to investigate both. Negotiate a lower selling price by checking Edmund's invoice pricing as well as cash incentives, if any. Check overstock at zag.com for competitive low pricing in your area. Be sure that the money factor is the buy rate which is the lowest money factor the fund provider offers for those with excellent credit.

As for,

"any idea if I can ask for part of the down payment/deposit back at the end of the lease?"

The only thing you're entitled to at lease end is your refundable security deposit. You can kiss everything else, including your cap reduction, good-bye.

John
  • john_r33john_r33 Member Posts: 2
    John,
    Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate the information.

I understand 665 is obviously not lower than 400, but I did not think 665/mo for a $61k car was completely unreasonable. (With little down, i believe the monthly's were around $850-900/mo...by throwing out 400/mo to the sales guy, i was playing hard-ball...however, when they came at me with $19k down, i was thrown out of my seat)

Info on the Cash Cap Reduction was very helpful...thx
    Any idea on how else, besides the Cash Cap Reduction, do reduce these monthly's to soething manageable (550+/-) ?...or am I just out of my league?

The total info given, including the fees,etc was:

MSRP as built = $61,875
    Sale Price = 58,200
    Processing Fee = 95 (Our charge to do your tax, title, registration, etc.)
    6% MD Sales Tax = 3,553.20
    MVA Fees = 275 (MVA charge for title, registration, lienholder fee, tags, etc.)
    Residual = $37,125 (60%)
    Money Factor = .00225
    Term = 36 months
    TOTAL out-of-pocket = 10,000 (includes 665.18 1st payment and 275 MVA fees and 9,059.82 Cap Cost Reduction)
    Monthly Lease = $665.18 (x 35 remaining payments)
    edited August 2010
    john r33,

The only other way, besides a cap reduction, to lower the monthly payment is to lower the selling price and/or money factor. Have you looked into MSD's to lower the money factor? Also, I would double check the BMW acq fee. I don't know what it is but $925 seems steep.

Apparently, you're capitalizing $1,020 which is the $925 acq fee and $95 processing fee (dealer doc fee) plus the $3,553.20 sales tax.

So, your deal looks like this...

MSRP............................................. 61,875.00

Sell Price........................................ 58,200.00

Amounts Financed
    Processing (Doc) Fee..................... 95.00
    BMW Acq Fee.............................. 925.00 (seems steep... better check this)
    MD Sales Tax @6.00%................ 3,553.20 (0.06 x 59,220.00 Tax Base)

Gross Cap................................... 62,773.20
    Cap Reduction............................ 9,059.82
    Adjusted Cap............................. 53,713.38

Residual Factor......................... 60%
    Residual Value.......................... 37,125.00

Money Factor........................... 0.00225 (buy rate?)
    Term....................................... 36

Monthly Payment.................... 665.18

John
    John,

BMWUSA's acq fee is $725. To wit...

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/financialservices/LeaseOfferDetail.aspx?e- nc=pBCPorl3nAgFp/m0PolEAw==

Apparently, the dealer has a $200 mark-up. You need to negotiate the dealer's $925 down to something much more reasonable (like $725).

John
  • meegwell01meegwell01 Member Posts: 12
    Hello All. Im analyzing the current deal offered on the X5 Sport Activity "trim".

BMW is offering $569/mo, 36, 10,000.

The deal comes with the SA options (20", shadowline, etc) plus heated front seats, bringing the MSRP to 55,475 as advertised (and building it will get you the same result).

All pre-tax but is quoted with the 725 & $4k down (cap reduction).

Considering the going rate of 60% and .0018, I look at this deal as the equivelent of a sale price of about $52,499.

If you run the numbers on this price w/ the current rates you come back to $569/mo.

MSRP 55,475.00
    Sale Price 52,499.00
    Tax Rate -
    Tax Base 52,499.00
    After Tax Price (gross cap) 52,499.00
    Fees in Finance -
    Cap Adjustments (4,000.00)
    Adjusted Cap: 48,499.00
    Residual Factor: 0.60
    Residual Value: 33,285.00
    Term: 36.00
    Base Rate: 0.00180
    Interest: 147.21
    Depreciation: 422.61
    monthly Payment 569.82

So I'm assuming a $52,499 sale price for this lease is another way of looking at this "curent lease special" advertised by BMW, all else constant?
    Hi Alex. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dk_bmw. Is the $60,575 number that you mentioned this car's MSRP or its selling price? I ask because it is important to know both numbers when negotiating a lease. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these two numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and difficult to work up a sample lease payment on your own.

Let us know what the numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.