Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• littlenpinklittlenpink Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your response. I thought I would update. I actually got them down to $840 a month with nothing down except for 1st month and motor vehicle fees (tax included in payment). I'm happy with the price and closing.

Thanks!
  • akbuyerakbuyer Member Posts: 9
    How and where were you able to obtain that stong of a purchase. we are in the market for 50i and would apprecaite the inside scoupe on getting the best deal we can. I was getting info from the dealer regarding the "Select" financing option have you heard of this. they finance 60months with a baloon payment due on payment 61.

any and all advice would be appreciated, thanks.
  • elliottpelliottp Member Posts: 3
    Enjoy your "truck" what color? Running boards? Turbo engine I suspect. Because you opted for third seat there is no room for a spare. You probably have run flats;I have them and love them. My 2007 X5 4.8 had them and my 2011 3.5 has them. Wax your truck at earliest convenience. Any questions fire away.
  • production305production305 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Sharing my lease with would be buyers...on order ~5 week wait. They were off by a few $ (~$250) over my calculations.

$685/Month

2011 X5 3.5 Sport; White / Oyster, 12K/36 Mo
    Cold Weather
    Sat Radio
    BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth

$250 Over Invoice at $53,300 Buy / $56,975 MSRP

MSRP: $56,975
    Buy: $53,300
    Residual: $35,894 (63%)
    Depreciation: $490 ($17,405/36 months)
    Finance fee: $197 (@ .00220....[$35,894+$53,300]*0.00220)
    Total: $687 - buy at $685 (~$7 more than my calculation)

$4307 Up front:
    1st Month: $685
    Acquisition $725
    Security $700
    Doc $75
    Tags: $250
    Tax: $1,872 (7.375% calculated on $25,385 ... $24,660 monthly payments and $725 acquisition)

Hope this helps, PM me with any questions or the dealer
    How much work was it to negotiate that deal? What was your reason for going with a lease vs the finance program with the baloon payment?

Looks like you got a pretty good deal. What dealer was this?

thanks for the post
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    Possibly interested in leasing a 2011 X5 diesel. Would anyone know the MF and residual on a 36 or 42 month lease with 12k miles/year?
  • frugalscfrugalsc Member Posts: 24
    this sounds like a good deal..sorry can't seem to figure out how to PM you..can you provide the dealer information? i'm in bergen county nj

I got the deep sea blue w/ beige interior and poplar wood. I did not get the running boards b/c of all the discoloration issues I have read about. I will wax asap. Thanks again! I feel like I negotiated pretty strong and ended up with a great deal! I'm proud of myself, lol- and reading all these posts helped SO much!
  • production305production305 Member Posts: 2
    It was no problem at all in negotiating the price; just shared with them what is being offered in the market. Negotiation/discussion took no more than 30 minutes - then the paperwork nightmare! I chose the lease as (according to Roundel) the 3rd gen X5 is anticipated in 2013 and the 5 series would probably be due for a mid-cycle refresh. I cannot see myself keeping the car for a long time as the technology is always improving and I like a new car every so often. With the cost of the car post maintenance, if purchasing I would opt for an Acura or Lexus. 5+ years and no issue with my Acura; my E39 and E60 post maintenance have both been expensive after the free maintenance period. Leasing (a BMW) just made sense given the high residual and new models/updates that may be potentially be on the horizon - plus, I am buying this as my winter car.

Let me say that all the deals in my area were willing to meet the pricing; it came down to 2 - I had the great fortune to work with two wonderful salesmen - and that made the difference. Other dealers may have been closer or offered more perks - but the people I contacted / negotiated with just ... well, sucked - one even said he had to be haughty as he worked in an upper class area selling a luxury vehicle. But he met the pricing.

My two final choices were Orange County BMW in Harriman and Westchester BMW in White Plains. I ended up at Westchester, right place, right time, right relationship. My old sales guy moved, so after 2 cars from him - had to find a new sales guy - hopefully, this guy will work out just as well in the future. I would also give BMW of Tenafly a try- great folks - just too far away.

Good Luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, vision_tx. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful. Nice job cutting $100/month off of this truck's payment. You're absolutely right, it's amazing what a difference a little competition will make when shopping for a new vehicle :).

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, degeo. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rphman. Vehicles' security deposits are equivalent to their monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment. If you are not a returning BMW FS lessee, you will have to pay a security deposit to get the best available money factor on your lease.

There's nothing wrong with trading your Acadia in when leasing your X5, however it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment for your lease. I always advice consumers to put as little money down when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings rllnresistance. Here's the information that you're looking for.

BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 Diesel with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00220 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Good day Car man, have you had any discussion or do you have info the X5 50? MF invoice etc? I live in Alaska and being captive to this area with one dealership makes shopping a bit more extraneous!

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I have been shopping many dealers and have found a few that will get real close to Invoice (w/in 1500 or so, still working on them and of course the dealer ship in my backyard doesn't want to play (Seattle)) I have to ship the rig back to AK so right off the bat I am $1250 negative. So, it is crucial I negotiate an aggressive deal to compensate for the added costs of shipping.

There is some good dialog out there and you are providing a great service with this informational forum!

thanks

AKBuyer
  • ogmanogman Member Posts: 10
    Thoughts appreciated re following deal

$3,000 down
    3yr lease w/ 10K miles

$890/mo + tax

equipped with technology, premium, sports actvity (w/ 20" wheels) & premium sound packages + running boards & roof rails
    You should do some research on the running boards- I have heard about discoloration problems. That's why I didn't get them.
    Car man has some really good input but I have not had any response to my 2 postings as of yet. you might want to include MSRP and your buy price to better determine how good a deal.

what is your general location or state?

I am considering a similar packaged vehicle right now and I am finding that invoice is approx. 6.2 to 7% ish of MSRP based on the 15-20 dealers I have contacted regarding their vehicles.
  • ogmanogman Member Posts: 10
    $70,125 msrp
    $66,400 pp
  • iwantx5iwantx5 Member Posts: 4
    I'm working on a deal for an X5 premium. I'm OK with the price, but for a 36 month lease, 12,000/miles per year I'm getting a 62% residual and .00245 lease money factor. The residual seems OK, but should the money factor be lower?
  • iwantx5iwantx5 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man:

What are the October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 premium with 12,000 miles per year? Assuming top credit tiers.

Thanks!
    Hi AKBuyer. I've heard that shopping in Alaska is tough. I can tell you what this vehicle's money factor and dealer invoice price are, but they might not matter that much if there isn't any competition.

Through November 1st, BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 50 is .00190.

BMW is scheduled to introduce its new November lease program some time tomorrow.

You can find the exact dealer invoice price of the X5 that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi iwantx5. Through November 1st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 Premium is .00220 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. Make sure that the dealer that you get your truck through uses this factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey iwantx5. Through November 1st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is scheduled to introduce its new November program some time tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, Alaska is tough but I am not opposed to looking outside which is what I have been doing. so, with the money factor changing tomorrow, do you think it will get more attractive or less attractive?

would you suggest the select program or a lease?

Thanks for the info and I have been finding that there are a few dealers out there which are very willing to work to get close to invoice pricing. do you have any suggestions on a place to call close to AK?

thanks!
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Looking at the newly posted BMW lease deals, it seems like the x5 offers the greatest value on a lease. Can you tell me if this is in fact true and also what the money factor and residual is on a 2011 x5 35i with 12K miles a year. Thanks so much!
  • funkatationfunkatation Member Posts: 2
    Car man,

Can you post money factor and residual for the new November lease deal for an X5 diesel with Premium Package and Heated seats. 10k/36mo Also, how does the Eco Credit and Holiday credit factor in the "669" / month payment? Is it at MSRP minus those discounts? Is there room to have the payment lower if you can negotiate closer to invoice?

Thanks!
  • mspopilekmspopilek Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the new november 2010 residual and base money factor is for a 2011 BMW X5 Premium 36 months 15,000 miles a year?
  • ayers976ayers976 Member Posts: 4
    Recently put in order for 2011 X5 x35i Premium (Tech, Conv, Cold, HUD, etc).

36 months / 12k
    MSRP: 61525
    Cap: 57745 - $100 cap reduction
    MF: .0022 - MSD x7 (.00171)
    Residual: 62%

Monthly $749 (inc 6.25% tax)
    --------------
    First I'm curious if folks in MA are getting similar offers (or better). It ends up being 1100 or so over invoice.

Second, the new Nov MF and residuals aren't out yet, but if I choose to go with the numbers can I apply the $2500 Holiday credit to the purchase price?

Thanks!
    You're welcome, akbuyer. I personally would rather go with a lease than a balloon note.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the dealerships in the Alaska area.

Car_man
    Host
    Warbern, BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 X5 35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is now available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi funkatation. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 Diesel with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 57%, respectively. I'm sure that there is still some room left to negotiate on the advertised lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • ayers976ayers976 Member Posts: 4
    Hmm, so with the new lease numbers Im comparing above to (x35i Premium):

MSRP: 61525
    PP: 55245 (57745-2500 Holiday if it works this way)
    MF: .0020 -MSD x7 (.00151)
    Residual: 57% (36m / 12k)

Monthly: $740.37 (inc 6.25% tax)

So I save 10/mon and $100 (prior down).
    Plus I get a cheaper buyout at the end if I am so inclined...?

Is that how the holiday credit would work?
    That sounds about right to me, ayers976. BMW lowered its residual values on most models when it introduced the holiday credit. So as you said, you'll save a couple of bucks per month on your payment and have a cheaper purchase option price at lease-end if you decide to go that route.

Car_man
    Host
  • nicu2001nicu2001 Member Posts: 10
    Car man,

Can you please post the money factor and residual value for a 3 year 10,000 mile lease on these three configurations?

1. 35i Sport Activity
    2. 35d
    3. 50i

All will be loaded.

Thank you!
  • marc1963marc1963 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    looking to lease an x5d 36mo 12k/year
    got #s from my dealer in ny
    tech, prem, 3rd row, cold, roof rails MSRP $61,575 cap. cost $50,947

$635/mo plus tax, DMV, bank fee, 1st month

can i do any better? and will i get it before xmass?
  • jul3jul3 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer in NY? Maybe you can do better if refer me.
  • gary139gary139 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get 2011 X5 Basic no options 36m/12k/ 0 down for $600 including NYC tax. If anybody knows a good dealer please let me know.

P.S
    I have $650 quote from local dealer but not jumping in yet.

Thanks a lot,
    Gary.
  • germafilicgermafilic Member Posts: 3
    Can someone guide me to my next step? I am in negotiations and we have landed on the deal below but the monthly payment is too high - I'd like it to be around 600 - 650 at most - is it possible? Should I put some money down as my only option?

2011 X5 35d
    Premium, cold weather, premium sound, technology, roof rails
    MSRP: $61575
    Negotiated deal: $59,030 -$3500 eco -$2500 holiday cash-$500 loyalty = $52,530
    Lease: 36mo, 10K, .0026 money factor, 57% residual, $772 per month
    No security deposit, no cap reduction.
    I feel like I did a good job on price (?) but am being swindled on the lease deal.... any help is so appreciated.
    money factor toooo high!!!! should be .0022 try wwc bmw in ny
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    Looking to get a base X5 3.0i with tech, conv, satellite for around 650/mo without any cap cost reduction. Is this possible?
    so you want to lease an x5 for just 650/mo, 36mo? 12k/yr?. whats the MF, resid., MSRP and what price the car is being sold to you at. tax in/out? then plug it into one of those lease calc. on google. BMW offering $2500 off this month. for starters an x5 with prem. pack. and taxes in 36mo 12k/yr should be about 725/mo with ny taxes MSRP of 57000.

good luck
    Here you go, nicu2001. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 X5 35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00210 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 35d are .00220 and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 5.0i are .00210 and 61%.

When negotiating your deal on any of these trucks, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 Holiday Credit that is currently available on the X5.

Car_man
    Host
  • hsl2ehsl2e Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    hi marc1963. i'm confused as to how you're getting such a good offer, when i have essentially the same cap cost $50445 (tech, premium only) and i'm getting quoted $709 plus tax ($779 inc tax) with $1795 Out of Pocket at signing for fees.

they are quoting 56% residual and MF of .00235, 12k/year. this is thru carsdirect.com. i'm asking them to rerun at 57% and 0.0022 MF, but i still don't anything close to 635/month and i have less options?

I live in the SF bay area and they would have to order the car.

what am i missing?
  • saranrsaranr Member Posts: 25
    Germafilic,

What is the $500 loyalty you mentioned in your email. IS that a BMWCCA discount or a BMW discount.
    $500 loyalty when you already own a bmw and release a new one
  • wbc13wbc13 Member Posts: 1
    hey marc - i am looking for a similar deal with the same options - what dealer in ny are you working with?
  • pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    hello Marc, yes, I would be interested too, can you let me know the name of the dealer. Thanks
    Thanks Marc1963 - I did just that and they went back down to .0022! YA! That was a HUGE savings in my monthly payment. Each point from .0026 to .0022 was about $9 per month!
    Hi Saranr. The $500 was a dealer specific credit for current customers to put toward accessories, discounts on service and in tiny print toward a new car!
    wwc bmw
This discussion has been closed.