Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi beoperson. BMW's new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 51%, respectively for non-returning customers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 35d are .00200 and 53%.

The money factors for returning aka loyal customers are .00030 lower.

The $3,500 Eco rebate is indeed still available on the diesel model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello treydyer. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 53%, respectively for non-returning customers.

This money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The cash incentive on the diesel model is still $3,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car_man

You have always been helpful.

What info do you have on BMWFS May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year? This would be my 3rd lease from BMWFS.

For a 2012 35i with MSRP of $48,793.00 I have a quoted purchase price of $46,795.00 plus tax, title, lic and doc fee. Another dealership quoted an MSRP of $48,325 and purchase price of $46,392. What do you think?

Thanks, in advance.
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2011
    Hi Car_man

Please tell me what you think of the numbers below:

0 down, Cook County Taxes included
    36 months 15000miles/year
    Sell Price $ 46,392
    Monthly payment $854.92
    Residual 54% ($26095.50)
    Money factor .00210
    Cap Cost $51041

Due at signing
    $854.92 1st Payment
    $291.08 (Doc Fee, Cook Cty Fee, Title and License Transfer Fee)

$1146.00 Due at signing

Are the numbers fair?
    this is my 3rd lease from BMWFS from the same dealership.

thanks again
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2011
    MSRP 58,975
    Negotiated Price 50,593 (includes 3,500 ecco rebate)
    Residual Pct 56
    Lease Term 36 (10K)
    Money Factor 0.002
    Sales Tax 8.875
    Monthly payment includes NY tax - $723 per moth

My calcualtion of the lease payment is 719 however I dont know why but dealer calculated at $732 per moth. At this point I'm not going to debate about $3 per moth. I just dont get why dealer's math is different.

By the way 42 month program produces $20 lower payment. 10K a year Residual is 52%.
    Thanks mannydom.

According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2012 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As a returning BMW FS customer you should qualify for a .00030 money factor reduction.

The selling prices that you were quoted are probably around $1,700 or so over dealer invoice. I'm not sure what the market is like for this truck in your area right now but there's enough room to play with there that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little with another dealer or two to see if you can beat this offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckgizmockgizmo Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Does anyone know the MF and residual for a 42-month lease on the X5 35d?

Also, just to confirm, I get 0.00030 off MF as a returning customer and max of 0.00049 for MSD, correct?
  • marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    What is the buy rate on a 2012 x5 sav for a 10k 36 month lease. I don't have loyalty? Also do you think it's possible to get a 4k discount off msrp on a 63k x5 sav? Thanks for your help.
  • greg157greg157 Member Posts: 4
    Hoping someone can help me.

I'm looking at leasing the following:

X5 xDrive 35i
    3.0 liter, 6 cylinder
    Base MSRP: $54,800
    Color: Space Grey Metallic
    Trim: Dark Burl Walnut trim
    Interior: Black Nevada Leather
    Convenience package: $3,500
    3rd row seat: $1,700
    Destination and handling: $875
    No money down
    3 year lease, 12,000 miles per year

I've received a few quotes, but I'm looking for some market intel on what a ballpark monthly payment should be. Also, since I'm a novice at this, what factors should I be considering when vetting the quotes?

I also had a dealer tell me that the lease payment on a premium package would be $20 less a month (compared to a base model with added options) due to a higher interest rate and lower residual value on the base model. Seems logical to me, but can any of you confirm this.

Any help I can get from any forum experts is appreciated. Thanks.

Greg
  • bmwmibmwmi Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the money factor and residual value for the following:

2011 X5 3.5d

12,000 miles and 15,000 miles respectively

Are the May and June rates different?

Thanks!
    I would like to find out what are the June numbers for 3.5d as well.
    Is 3500 ecco credit is still available?
    2011 3.5d
    36M 10K - Residual 56% (12K - 55%, 15K - 54%) MF 0.00195
    42M 10K - Residual 52% (12K - 51%, 15K - 50%) MF 0.00195

$3500 ecco rebate is still available
  • nsfwnsfw Member Posts: 2
    Do we have MY2012 X5 Premium and Sport Activity June 2011 numbers? Thanks.
    You are correct about the loyalty and MSD money factor reductions, ckgizmo.

BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello marc68. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 X5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

A $4,000 dealer discount might be doable on this truck if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, but I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the X5 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bmwmi. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Nsfw, BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for the Sports Activity model are .00195 and 58%.

These money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtikwtik Member Posts: 26
    BMW has a speacial lease offer on 2012 X5 3.5i Prem. for 669/mo for 36 months 30K miles.
    do you think its a good deal? i am also trying to add few more options hoping to get the same deal, it that possible?
  • alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17
    I am getting the X5 2011 5.0i with the following packages:
    Sports Package
    Technology Package
    Premium Sound
    Running Boards
    MSRP appox $73k
    Buy Price $67225

Out of Pocket $4k and $864 a month (including Tax)

Is this a good deal? Or should I go for the 2012?
    I also inquired about the 7 series and was told the numbers are not good for this.
    where you able to negotiate the price then discussed the lease?
    I asked them the details such as residual, money factor, invoice after I was given the initial quote. Not sure, if me being aggressive on the car has anything to do with it or the dealer trying to get rid of the car (its in CA and according to the dealer people there prefer 3.5d instead of 5.0)
    Sounds like a good deal. If you are happy with it go for it otherwise you may want to wait until the end of the month to ensure that you got the best deal. Have you looked at USAA or special discount programs? they give the bottom line and help empower you with negotiations.
    Carman - your thoughts?

X5.0 with Sport Activity Package, Premium Pacakge, Premium Sound Package, Technology Package, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, Running Board, Adaptive Drive

Total (includ Dest) $73075.00
    Out the Door $4000 out of pocket & $865 a month (incl taxes)
    Hi wtik. Manufacturers advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to beat this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alwaysarookie. Is $73,075 this truck's MSRP or selling price. It would be helpful to have both numbers so that we could compete them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi car_man,
    thank you for your reply. I am in Boston area and was able to get $3000 off MSRP through AAA service. I assume that if they participate in that program then the monthly payment should be less based on your reponse.
    bty, I did not go to the dealer yet and am doing homework before contacting them.
    I am still little confused about the MSRP vs the sale price as where does each one fall under the lease calculator. any explanation would certainly help.
  • beamer05beamer05 Member Posts: 2
    I was hoping I could receive some feedback from the number crunchers on this forum and from others who have leased the X5 on the deal that I received from a South Florida BWM Dealership:

Price $59,675 w/Convience Package

36 months 12k miles Total out of pocket $1,181.49 = $849 + tax (6%)

I was told this is utilizing a MF of .00195 and Residual of 60%

Any feedback is greatly appreciated....Thank you!
    You're very welcome wtik. The following article explains how both the MSRP and selling price are used to calculate lease payments:

Calculate Your Own Lease Payment

Car_man
    Host
  • drlonline1drlonline1 Member Posts: 10
    I'm currently getting pricing on the same car, but with some additional options which takes MSRP to $66725. Dealer (in Southern Ca.) reduced this by $2775 and gave lease terms of MF .00175, residual 61% for 36 mos. With a down payment of $5K and 10K annual mileage, the monthly payment is $709 (before CA sales tax).

Carman, would appreciate your assessment on my offer as well.
  • lloyd5lloyd5 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    I was looking for some feedback on a deal I'm negotiating.
    2012 X5 5.0
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Running Boards

MSRP $69,075 (incl $875 destination)
    Dealer Price $64,815 (Also cap cost as I'm not putting anything down on it)
    MF of .00140 Residual of 61% at 36 mo/ 10K per yr

Lease Payment: $779 + Tax
    Start ups are $1,800 (1st payment, bank fee, title, & plates). I have a $1,000 BMW credit from the Olympic Drive Event so cash out of pocket is $800. Is there more left to get out or is it fair given that the dealer is doing a build on it instead of it coming out of inventory? I'd appreciate any feedback.
    the deal sounds very good. Where are you located? I have $1,000 olympic credit and am looking for a good lease deal
    2012 X5 3.5i Premium
    MSRP: $59,525
    Discounted Sell Price: $56,100 + Taxes & Fees
    Lease Term: 36 Months
    Lease Mileage: 10K / year
    Cash Due at Signing: $2,172.74 (1st mo +regis, doc, taxes)
    Vehicle Monthly Base: $724.64
    Monthly Taxes: $45.29
    Total Monthly Payment: $769.93

Is this a good deal? I feel it should be lower
    Convenience Package 3,500.00
  • katie33katie33 Member Posts: 1
    Our dealer has given us this deal and want to know if it looks good?

2012 X5 Premium
    Third Row Seat
    Satellite Radio
    $56,025.00 msrp
    36 mo. lease
    12K miles per year

$3,000 cash down + fees
    $720.21/mo
  • edsmededsmed Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to throw my offer out there for opinions as well:

2012 x5 3.5 premium
    convenience
    cold weather
    running boards
    3yr / 12K mile lease

$60225 msrp
    $57225 selling price
    $6552 due at signing (7 msd's @ $800 each + some other fees I'm trying to identify)
    $800/month including taxes.

Thoughts?
  • lloyd5lloyd5 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    The dealership is in New Jersey
  • lee127lee127 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Car_Man,
    I am in MA.
    For the 2012 x5 35i premium with Tech package, convenient pack, third roll seat plus destination fee. MSRP. 62575
    Sell: 59750
    is this good deal?
    What do you think the MF and residual value of this machine(36 month, 10k/m, 0 down)
    Thanks in advance,
  • msc20005msc20005 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm considering leasing an X5 diesel. I can't seem to find one locally (Washington DC) with the Active Cooled Seats, so I was considering ordering it. Since I'll be ordering, I thought it'd be fun to pick it up at the SC factory.

If I'm taking delivery at the factory, does the dealer matter? Does the dealer have any influence on the lease terms other than the sell price? Is it really bad to shotgun email lots of dealers looking for the best quote? I'm in sales and I really hate when customers do that to me, but I'm only slightly worried about the karmic debt I'm creating because I really haven't come across a dealer or salesperson who inspires me to give him/her my business.

If I'm ordering, does the time of month matter, or does the sale count for the month the car is delivered? I understand that the sales month for BMW ends on Monday, because the 31st is on Sunday.

Lots of questions, I know, but thanks in advance for any advice.

Martin
    Hi lee127. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 35i Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This truck's money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi, you can get a better deal perhaps additional $2000 off
    Let me know if you made a deal already or not. I can suggest a couple of dealers.
    Thanks alot, Car_man. Very helpful.
    Hi, wtik,thanks for your post.
    I thought $3000 below MSRP was good enough.
    Could you let me know some deals with better offer?
    Thanks in advance,
    You're very welcome lee127.

Car_man
    Host
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 45
    Hi Car_Man or anyone else that can answer,

Can you tell me what the August lease MF and residuals are for a 2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity lease?

Also, is BMW waiving the security deposit with any credit score or do they have a score threshold for the waiver? If there is a threshold for the waiver, what is it and how much more is the money factor if you do not pay the security deposit?

I have negotiated an order for a:

2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity
    Conv Package
    Running Boards
    BMW Apps
    MSRP $62,225
    Selling Price $58,380

Is this a good deal? They claim $400 MACO and $200 training.

Thank you!
    Hi Lee127
    Here are the details:
    MSRP: $59,525
    Discounted Sell Price: $56,100 + Taxes & Fees
    Lease Term: 36 Months
    Lease Mileage: 10K / year
    Cash Due at Signing: $2,172.74
    Vehicle Monthly Base: $724.64
    Monthly Taxes: $45.29
    Total Monthly Payment: $769.93

X5 xDr35i
    Color A53 Platinum Bronze Metallic N/C
    Upholstery LUB4 Sand Beige Nevada Leather N/C
    Options ZCV Convenience Package 3,500.00
    4AB Dark Burl Walnut wood trim N/C
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription 350.00
    6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
    6AB TeleService Control N/C
    Net Total 58,650.00
    Destination Charge 875.00
    Total Suggested Price 59,525.00
    Hi bimmerbanker. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for loyal customers is .00030 lower.

From the looks of its advertised payments, it looks like BMW may be waiving the its security deposit requirement right now.

The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks reasonable to me. It's probably around $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 45
    Thank you Car_Man!

Do you happen to know what the credit score tiers are for BMWFS? If so, do you also know that the adjustment to MF is for each tier? Does BMWFS take your highest bureau or just Experian?

Thank you!
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    It is definietly fun to pick it up at the NC factory. You get to really push the vehicle to its limits and trust me you'd be suprised on what this luxury SUV can do. To your second Q, the dealer doesnt really matter. If the dealership has allocation thats all that matters.
    Q3: The best you can probably go is 8% less than MSRP (which is around invoice) but it will be hard to find any dealer who will sell you a car for invoice I think. Not sure how aggresive dealers are on a new X5. I'd say offer $1000 over invoice is a good place to start. Make ur questions short and ask if they'd want to sell a car for you for $1000 over invoice, if they say yes, you stick with them, if they say No u move on. What options you choose doesnt matter for this question.
    As far as i know the deal gets approved when you physically get the car, not when u put the order in because some people do cancel the order after the car has been made. I'm not 100% sure about how the sales people get credit for a sale.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    It is definietly fun to pick it up at the NC factory.

South Carolina..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jackalofnyjackalofny Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    X5 2012 3.0 premium with conv package+running board, bmw apps etc.
    color: bronze metallic, beige interior
    price $57000 taxes not included
    15000 miles/year :780.00/month
  • kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    $1200 over invoice is not bad. Are you paying any Maco or dealer fees seperately? If the answer is not then the 1200 includes their "profit" + dealer fees. In that case its a pretty good deal.
This discussion has been closed.