Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi habsone. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Using an MSRP of $63,300 and a selling price of $52,500, I estimate that this vehicle would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $727. This drops to $702 for loyal customers.

On this deal you will have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, and BMW FS $725 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello tseck1. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5d with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Yes, you can. If they don't want to give it to you then tell them you want to cancel. In NY, no dealer can keep your deposit. Let them know your getting this price from other dealers and you don't want to say who if they ask. More than likely they will give it to you. Keep me posted on the outcome, stay firm on what your asking for and if they offer to split it don't except. You want the whole credit!
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Thank you for your reply Car man. What i wanted to find out from this forum that I was not cheated by the dealer . By looking at the numbers you provided i know believe that i got a fair deal. $727 + 3% tax app. total $749. If i take 1st month payment of $770 which dealer has paid and divide that by 36 it roughly come out to $749. After all said and done i am pretty happy with my lease and my SAV. Special Thanks to Insidecarbuy for helping myself and others for earlier post. It is good people like you who are helping people like us make an informed decision.
  • bizziebizzie Member Posts: 22
    This is great!
    I called up the dealer and they quickly agreed to give me the Nav credit. Its as if they were waiting for my call.
    So my payment drops from $717 to $669/month.

Thanks for all your help. :D
  • jillaginnjillaginn Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any scoop on BMW October finance/lease deals coming out?
  • paulsohipaulsohi Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    2011 X5 Diesel - 12k miles/year. 36 month lease.

MSRP - 62825
    Neg Price - 52445
    Down Payment - 3000
    Sales Tax (VA) - 1579.35
    Doc Fees and Tag - 279 & 200 respectively

Monthly payment is coming out $739.17
    (they used a 54% residual and money factor of 0.00235)

What wrong with those number, any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Money factor is high. Try to get them lower it to .00195 which is a going rate. As Car man and others have mentioned in earlier posts, if you are a current owner of the BMW the rate will go down another .00030 to .00165.When i was looking to lease my X5d i too negotiated a good deal as far as price of the SAV was concerned, However they jacked up the M/F to .00235 which i refused to pay. They finally came around Two days later and we settled for .00195 hope this helps. Good Luck !
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi
    They did the same to me about the .00235 MF, I came the next day and spoke with another Salesman here in Bay Area California and he told me that he will do .00195 MF.
    I think it varies by the salesman you talk too, and they use this increase their commission. I can not believe it why BMW Financial let them get away with this. This not a good practice
    Does anyone have any insight on the new rebates for August or End of year?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I can not believe it why BMW Financial let them get away with this. This not a good practice

BMW Financial gets a cut of the resulting increase..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Although it is not a good practice, It's perfectly legit. My understanding is that BMW financials set the Residual value which dealer can not tampered with however dealer can change the MF . It is up to us to get the best MF. Ask question. Get some car buying lessons from forum like this, Do your homework and you'll save some $$$.
    Sorry but I disagree with your comments, the MF should be based on the credit of applicant not the mood of the sales person or dealer, they have to treat customers in fair way and not discriminate without bases. I had 2 sales persons giving me 2 MF .00195 and .0235 from same dealer within days here in Northern California. This is a game that they play which I think is cheap.
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 45
    Can anyone tell me if the Lease programs changed for the X5 in October? I'm specifically looking for X5 35i Premium incentives, money factor, and residual.

Thank you!
    You're very welcome habsone.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jillaginn. I believe that BMW's finance rates and money factors and residual values for the X5 are basically the same in October as they were in September.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bimmerbanker. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW is currently providing a $1,730 option credit on versions of this truck that are equipped with navigation and $1,000 on versions that aren't.

Car_man
    Host
  • carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 45
    Thanks Car_Man!

Is it the same for the 2012s?
  • aloochehaloocheh Member Posts: 4
    Here is my deal to lease for 2012 X5 premium with cold weather and convenience package:
    selling price:52505
    add to cap cost:1227.50
    12000 mile /year, 36 month
    residual %58
    M.F:0.0019
    Monthly payment: $739.50
    no down payment or more cash.

is it a good deal?
    These numbers do not add up,
    Use the lease gauid calculator to see payment, for
    52 k with .0019 an 58% should be in the high 600 range
  • gaadi_valagaadi_vala Member Posts: 3
    Could you please help me with this.
    I am trying to find the residual for a: 2012 X5 35i , 15,000 miles/year, 36 months lease.
    Thank you!
    You're welcome bimmerbanker. Sorry for the confusion, those actually were the numbers for the 2012 model. The numbers for the 2011 model are .00195 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gaadi_vala. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gaadi_valagaadi_vala Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Car_man.
    A dealer just offered me 0.00190 and 52%. I am electing to take the $1000 loyalty credit instead of the 0.0030 reduction in MF. Hope that makes sense.
  • paulsohipaulsohi Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys i picked up my 2012 x5 diesel, i got 55% residual and .00190 money factor, 10k 36 mo lease.

Is that good?
  • xturboxturbo Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    Could you please tell me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 X5 50i for 10k mi per year and a 36 month lease?

Anyone with a recent purchase/lease of a X5 50i who is willing to share details of their deal is much appreciated.

Many thanks to all for contributing to this helpful forum.

Thanks,
    Jay
  • gregbmwjonesgregbmwjones Member Posts: 9
    That is a great deal!
    Hi Carman
    My residual value is %58 .Car is already ordered. Do you think if i negotiate with them again to decrease it to%48 , it is going to help to lower monthly payment( currently 739)? or is it going to help in end of lease if i want to buy this car??
    thanks for help
  • eonickseonicks Member Posts: 10
    Residual value is one thing you can't negotiate. Besides, if it was lower, you're payment would be higher than it is at 58%.
  • omszzomszz Member Posts: 10
    hi xturbo,

I just placed an order today. Below are the terms I got...

X5 xdrive50i - sport pkg, premium pkg, premium sound pkg, multi-contour seats, running boards.

MSRP - $71825
    Initial Cap Cost - $68,910 ($1500 over invoice + $725 acquisition fee)
    Residual - 64% (36mo/10k)
    Money Factor - .00155 (bmw loyalty rate)
    Monthly Payment - $799 (includes tax)
    Amount Due at Start - $4,530.13 (see breakdown below)

Amount Due at Start:
    First Monthly Payment 798.63
    License 285.00
    Documentary svc fee 150.00
    dealer admin fee 2.50
    Cap. Reduction Tax 294.00
    ---
    Total Inception Fees 1,530.13
    + Cash Cap Red 3,000.00
    ---
    Total Drive Off 4,530.13

If hadn't done the $3k down towards cap cost, with all the same terms, the monthly payment would have been $895 (includes tax).

I think its a pretty good deal. I have seen others get slightly lower over invoice purchase price, but $1500 over invoice was the best offered through local dealers in Seattle, WA area. Also I'm not thrilled about the $150 doc fee, but I let it go, as I'm getting a good build date (week 46).

The other nice thing about ordering is I got the Oct rates locked, but if the rates or residual get any better between now and the car delivery date, I can switch over to them.

Hope this helps.
  • sevygsevyg Member Posts: 3
    i just received a lease quote:
    MSRP: 61,875
    Selling car for $56k (inlcudes the $1730 rebate)
    4700 out of pocket
    15k miles/year
    36 months
    $753 with tax/month
    My Credit rating is over 800

any thoughts on the price...does that seem like a good deal....
    What is the residual value at the end of the lease? That is needed in order to figure out the payment.
    I also need your zip code to figure in tax.
    im not sure of the residual...asked the dealer to provide money factor and residual.

08820 is zip code.

lets assume the residual is 48 and one at 52...seesm that people say this is the residual. MF .00195
    The purchase price and money factor are excellent. I don't think you could get a better deal than that if you were the owner's brother. There is no way the residual would be $48K, that it way too high. I think a realistic figure to buy the car at the end would be somewhere around $37K, which would make the payment around $780. Without exact figures, you cannot calculate it. The numbers are not just pulled out of the air. You're getting a really good deal. That salesperson deserves a $100 tip!
    Hi sevyg

The selling price is fair but not great, given that there is at least 8K markup in the car and you are leasing which dealer/BMW make additional at least $7000 more on the car. See bellow breakdown.

Here is the facts that is available online and you can judge for yourself,
    for X5 3.5 premium with no extra option, there is

1- $1730 credit for navigation
    2- $1000 loyalty or if you take the team America test drive
    3- Dealer is including $500 on top of invoice regional Marketing add fee, (which I think is B S, because you expect us to pay for Dealer Water and Cable bills also. Why BMW dealers don't be start forward with your customers)
    4- At lease $1270 hold back to dealer
    5- Invoice $52,160 including destination and marketing fee $500
    6- There is X dollar rebate incentive to dealers based on the number of BMW cars they sell every month
    7- for MF .00195 there is more than $6200 in interest profit for Dealer and BMW Financials

So 1730+1000+500+1270+3915(difference between invoice and X5 premium MSRP)=$8415 is the total markup on the basic 3.5 premium not inducing interest form lease and all other lease fees markups,

That is 15% profit not including the Volume Rebate to dealer.

$8415 +6200 Interest on lease+750 acquisition fee+200 Doc fee+ 350 Disposition Fee= $15,915 total profit on your deal if you got the X5 Premium only, for added options the profit is more

Check your numbers at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm to see your payments
    edited November 2011
    Hi omszz, nice car and options,

This is a deal that all dealers will give anyone without any negotiation, call any dealer and see. I do not see the savings you got. Check the forum postings and see for yourself. Typically people on this forum ask questions before dealing and will post any interesting facts or good deals which I do not see in your posting.
    thanks...

how do you know about the dealer holdback, is that published somewhere....you used to see what each car had as an allowance from the manufacturer for advertising, time on lot, etc...but i cant find that anymore
    Yes the dealer holdback is available online in many sites
    Check this one

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/bmw/x5-pricing/
  • kingcobra7kingcobra7 Member Posts: 5
    OMSZZ

Im in Seattle too, what dealer did you buy your X5 at?

Thanks

Ma
  • omszzomszz Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2011
    Hi kingcobra,

BMW Northwest in Fife - I recommend working with their "internet manager". BMW Seattle was willing to match the same deal, but didn't have a good build slot. BMW Bellevue couldn't match.

Note - there is now an $1000 credit on the X5 xDrive50i, so I'll be getting that in addition to the terms listed above, so I'll be paying $1k less down for the same monthly payment.

I haven't seen the Nov rates/residual yet, not sure if they got better or worse?
    Hey Jay. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 50i with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through BMW FS.

Car_man
    Host
  • yevpkyevpk Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone! We used Amex's Auto Purchasing Program and got a dealer quote of $60,940 on a BMW X5 35i Premium with an MSRP of 65,176. First, is this a good price, and second, what would be a good lease rate? Looking for residual value and money factor on that car for a 36 month lease and 12000 miles/year . Thanks!
  • j335dj335d Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Hi! Can you pls provide the MF and residual for 24 month/10k miles per year lease on a 2012 BMW X5 diesel? Thank you.
  • davidnydavidny Member Posts: 2
    I just signed the contract on following X5 xDrive35i premium and want to know if it's a fair deal:

MSRP: 60,950
    Selling price: 54,500 (inlcudes the $1730 rebate)
    12k miles/year
    36 months
    Residual value: 0.56

$707/month (tax included)
    Out of pocket: $4586 (including 7.375% tax, 1st month payment, acquisition fee, sec deposit, doc fee, etc).
  • mattg12mattg12 Member Posts: 1
    This is the lease deal I just got in Colorado.
    Any comments??
    Does it sound ok? Thanks for your input!

2012 BMW x5 35i premium with convenience package, premium audio pkg, spare tire and running boards.  Alpine white w black leather
    MSRP $61,525
    Sale price $57,250
    Additional Cap reduction of $5,500 for trade-in
    Money factor .0020
    Residual 53%
    36 month lease with 12k miles/year
    7.7% tax
    Zero cash down
    $755/month incl tax
    You need to get the $1730 option credit and $1000 if you finance with BMW. Your current deal is not pretty.
    I got same for $52505, no out of pocket for $739/month
  • davidnydavidny Member Posts: 2
    Your monthly payment is about right for the price your got. If your MSRP is same as mine - $60950, then you knock off $8.5K, sounds like an incredible bargain.
    edited November 2011
    Hello yevpk. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 35i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This vehicle's money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,730 option credit and $1,000 cash incentive that are currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.