Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jen4bmwjen4bmw Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man!
    I received this email from a dealer today and wanted to get your expert advice on the numbers he provided me.
    "On the X-5D the payments are 36 month @ $840.00 and that is with 1st month and fees down which total to $1,374.00. and that is 15,000 miles per year. That's on an X-5 BMW 35D, JET BLACK, OYSTER NEVADA LEATHER, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, PREMIUM PACKAGE, BMW APPS. + DESTINATION AND HANDLING WHICH = $63,045.00"
    He said that they would sell me the car for $57,499. Including the $2,500 Eco credit.
    Another question is, if I did order this car, do you think I could get the 2013 model for the same deal or better?
    Thank you for your time!!
  • gatr7gatr7 Posts: 1
    What are the MF and residuals for X5 xdrive50, 36 months, 15,000 miles and MF and residual for X5M, same months and miles?

Thank You
  • gigisfgigisf Posts: 4
    Dear Car_Man,

Thank you for your time. I realized I forgot to thank you in my earlier message. I look forward to hearing your opinion about the X5d and 328i lease.
    Have a great day!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited March 2012
    Abmwfan, in its monthly sales report BMW places the X5 in its "light truck" category:

BMW Group U.S. February Sales Increase 31.5%

This is all semantics anyhow given how blurred the line between cars and trucks has become.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi alexkoper. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 xDrive35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower.

What else would you do with the Eco Credit if you didn't use it as a cap cost reduction? Use it to reduce the amount that's due at lease signing?

Car_man
    Host
    You're in luck nd_irish, BMW has published a lease program for the 2013 X5. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 35i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gigisf. The money factor that you were quoted for the 2013 X5 looks a little high. I haven't seen the exact factor for the diesel yet, but the buy rate for all other 203 X5 models is currently .00195 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Having said that, the selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks pretty good, specially considering it's not even available yet.

HA, the money factor that you were quoted for the 328i Sedan makes the aforementioned X5 factor look good. The dealer is marking this one up a ton. BMW FS' March buy rate for a 36-month lease of a 2012 328i Sedan is only .00195. The selling price of this car looks great though.

The good news is that doc fees that you are being charged are really low, which is good because they are basically fluff. The bad news is that the dealer is marking up your car's acquisition fees by $200.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jen4bmw. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck appears to be a little over $2,000 over invoice. That's not bad, but you might be able to squeeze a little more out of this deal by shopping around. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this deal on a 2013 model, but you'd have to shop around to find out for certain whether that was possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gatr7. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 xDrive50 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 X5 M are .00195 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gigisfgigisf Posts: 4
    Thank you, Car_man. I checked and the 2013 diesel does not come out till later in the year, so the car the dealer quoted is the 2012 X5 diesel. Do you by any chance have the residual and money factor for that?

Thanks so much for your help. I love this forum and find your answers very helpful.
  • tally92tally92 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Help! I am trying to lease a 2012 X5 diesel. MSRP is $61,645 with Premium Package, BMW Aps, Running Boards, and destination $895. My first question is what should I be paying to purchase this X5? I have been quoted a residual of .59 and a money factor of .00185 and .00225 for a lease. I know there is a Eco credit of $2500, should the dealer include this in their discount? Thanks
    You're very welcome gigisf. I guess that's why I couldn't find any info on the '12 diesel :).

BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tally92. If I was in the market for an X5 diesel right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible. Depending upon the level of competition in your area, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a several thousand dollar dealer discount on top of the $2,500 Eco credit.

The .00185 money factor that you mentioned is correct. The .00225 factor is likely being marked up.

Car_man
    Host
  • nd_irishnd_irish Posts: 33
    Hi Car_Man,

Thank you for the 2013 lease information. Is it typical for the residual to be the same for both the 2012 model and 2013 model? I seem to recall Mercedes had slightly better residuals if you went with the newer model year. Also, do you know if invoice pricing for the 2013 BMW X5 is available? I was able to locate list pricing only and want to ensure I am getting the best deal. Thanks, again!
    You're welcome nd_irish. You're right, typically newer model year vehicles do have higher residual values than the previous model year's vehicles have. BMW's residual values are a little funny though because it artificially inflates them in an effort to keep its payments down. It seems as though BMW is providing more residual value support to help unload its leftover vehicles and less on its newer offerings.

Edmunds.com does not appear to have the pricing for '13 X5s yet. It will probably be available soon though.

Car_man
    Host
  • drdr3drdr3 Posts: 2
    Do you have the lease numbers for a 2013 X6 35i?

I read that the 12k residual dropped to 59% (12' was at 62% right?)

3 points is significant. I hope this info. I read was not accurate. The X5 35i sport typically has a lower residual than its X6 counterpart...?

Thanks,
    David
  • bwhitbwhit Posts: 1
    Hi: Relatively new to BMW. I am interested in purchasing a used X5 for the model year 2007 to current. Are there any significant changes along the model years or options that are strongly recommended? My last BMW was a '78 320i (>300k miles!) Thanks...
    Hi David. Through April 2nd, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. So what you read about the residual dropping was not correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bwhit. This particular discussion is for questions about leasing a new X5. You probably have better luck finding out information on previous model years of this truck by visiting the BMW X3 & X5 section of the forums.

Car_man
    Host
  • nd_irishnd_irish Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

I would like to know what the April 2012 money factor and residual would be for both a 2012 and 2013 BMW X5 35i Premium lease with 36 months and 12,000 miles per year. Thanks, again!
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Posts: 69
    I'd like to see the April rates for 35i Premium and 35d for 36 months @ 15K.

Thanks Car Man!!
  • Car_Man -

Can you provide the MF and Residual for a 24 month lease of an Z5 35d @ 12k/mi/yr and 15k/mi/yr?

Thanks!
  • X5 35d - not Z5 35d
  • @ carman,

Hi, Please confirm my #'s I got from my Massachusetts BMW store, I'm very interested in geting this truck, the pros and cons: better value or (much) better engine.

2012 BMW X5 Diesel SUV
    36/15k – Residual 56% .00185 M.F.
    April-$3.5k credit can be used for leasing ? that would be great! to offset the lower residual.

2012 BMW X5 50i SUV
    36/15k  – Residual 61% .00190 M.F.
    Incredible power, looks mean with the optional 20's and revs so nice @ 4k. Rpm (sings)

Thanks!

I figure $650 D or $850 V8 with mass sales tax of course (7%) and just my upfronts mid/high $teens?
  • deenxdeenx Posts: 16
    I hope you have better luck than I did... I was looking for the same $650 for the D and can't find a quote here in NJ on a modest X5 diesel much less than $800.
    Hey nd_irish. sorry for the delay in my response...I was away last week. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 35i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00190 and 61%...interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • bfschroebfschroe Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2013 X5. My dealer is quoting a money factor of .0023 for a 10,000 mph 36 month lease with 65% residual.

I asked him to see if he could do any better, since I am seeing .0019 online and he came back with the same (0023) rate. Is there an official BMW FS rate that I could find somewhere or can he just charge whatever rate he wants?

Thanks
    Bruce
    Hi Bruce. The .00190 is the dealer's buy rate. BMW Dealers are notorious for marking up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals. If you can't get this dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment, you may be able to find one that will by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • raschroeraschroe Posts: 4
    Spoke with the finance manager at the dealership. She was pretty upfront when questioned and said that the .0019 is the dealer buy rate (as you said). She said that they build in a profit to the lease by adding to that rate. I have no problem with them making a fair profit. She did imply that the dealer buy rate is what she pays BMW for the lease and at that rate there is no profit for the dealership (for the lease). I have already signed the deal for the car (and am pleased with the price) so I don't think I can find another dealer at this point. Assuming they won't come down on that rate I guess my options are purchase or finance (or pay for an expensive lease). Are there reputable third party lease offerings (and are they better)?

Thanks
    Bruce
  • vvanvlymvvanvlym Posts: 4
    WOULD'NT THIS TRUE ALSO IF YOU PURCHASED THE VEHICLE AND PUT MONIES DOWN? IF THE VEHICLE IS TOTALED THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO CONSIDER THE VEHICLE A USED VEHICLE WHICH YOU COULD LOSE YOUR DOWN DEPOSIT. EXPLAIN TO ME AT THESE MSD'S. I AM LOOKING AT LEASING A 2012 X5 35d. I WAS DOING A 36 MTH LEASE WITH 15K MILES PER YEAR. JUST PLACED ORDER LAST WEEK. I WAS PLANNING ON PUTING DOWN ABOUT $6000 SO MY PYMT WOULD BE RIGHT AT ABOUT $700 A MONTH. THIS IS A 2012 X5 35D WITH PREMIUM, SPORT ACTIVITY PKG AND RUNNING BOARDS. TO KEEP MY PYMT AT ABOUT $700 A MONTH, WHAT AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I PUT DOWN AGAINST THESE MSD'S? THANKS
This discussion has been closed.