Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    There is no loyalty credit on any 2013 X5's. It is available on 2012 X5 35d along with the ECO credit
  • mybimmer1mybimmer1 Member Posts: 1
    New to the board got this offer for a BMW X5
    can someoone tell me if i have any more wiggle room??

Plesae view lease option below: The eco credit is factored into the deal already.
    This car has the following packages and options, Cold weather, Premiun packages, running board, BMW Apps.

MSRP: $62,545
    Discount price: $54,700
    Money Factor: .00185
    Residual: .59
    Term: 36 months
    Monthly Payment: $569
    Due at Signing: $7,360 break down is $3500 down plus inception, taxes and DMV
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi danno14. The money factor and residual value that you used are spot on. However, using the numbers that you mentioned, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of $709.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tneb13tneb13 Member Posts: 1
    Need help with a lease quote. Here is where we are at:

X5 Diesel
    Premium, Sport Activity, cold weather, multi-contour seats, 3rd row, running boards, BMW apps
    MSRP: $67,195
    Price: $62,800 (before credits)
    Credits: $7000
    Net: $55800

With base rates for a 3 year, 12k lease (we are in a state with no sales tax), ignoring any acquisition or other fees, I calculate a monthly payment of $643. Is my assumption correct that residual is based on original MSRP? Or should I take 58% of the post-credit MSRP? Dealer quoted $730 on this deal so something does not seem right.
  • cwy1688cwy1688 Member Posts: 5
    2012 BMW X5d with Premium pkg and running boards MSRP $61395

Dealer offer price after eco and loyalty credit $ 52,000

Residual on 36 months/10k year 59%

Price $600 a month with $3500 for taxes, first month's payment and all other fees except DMV

What you guys think??
  • abmwfanabmwfan Member Posts: 47
    Any phone quote can be negotiated lower in person when you go to the dealer and show that you're a serious buyer. Ask for the dealer invoice price, add $500 and then subtract all incentives from that number before adding tax, tags, etc. That's how you assess whether you're basing the lease on a fair starting price.
  • mhippmhipp Member Posts: 2
    New to the forum and have BMW X5 offer
    can I negotiate more?

view lease option below:
    This car has the following packages and options, Cold weather, Convenience packages, Sat radio (1yr), BMW Apps.

MSRP: $60,945
    Discount price: $57,791
    Cap Reduction: $3,000
    Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: .62
    Term: 36 months
    Monthly Payment: $733.47
    Due at Signing: $4712.07 ($750 sec depo is included in this number)

I have USAA ins and thought there was some kind of leverage there?? Anybody know? Would signing up as a BMWCCA member help? It looks like you have to have been a member for 12mos prior to gain anything here.

Thanks-
  • mhippmhipp Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Usaa knocks 1k off msrp. The cash at signing and monthly include taxes. Oh and the miles are at 10k thus the .62
    A little feed back would help.
    BMW CCA members get $1k rebate directly from BMW North America on a new X5. But only if you've been a member for the past year. They changed the rules years ago so that you can no longer sign up the day you buy the car and get the rebate.
  • nsadansada Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2012
    Dear Car_man,
    Can you please provide June lease MF and Residual for a 2012 X5 35d for 36-month 12K/year. Also, MF & residual for 2013 X5 35d for 36-month 12K/year...BTW, is eco credit and loyalty credit available for the 2013 or just the 2012...Thanks.
  • 1buffdaddy1buffdaddy Member Posts: 12
    I live in Minnesota and have never owned a Diesel vehicle of any kind in my life. I have been holding out for a 2012 or 2013 X5 Sport Activity with the 20" wheels. There have not been any incredible deals for a looooong time. However, with the deals on the diesels right now, I can lease one up for the price I have been holding out for. If I add the sport package, I think everything is the same besides the engine. Can anyone talk me into or out of the diesel?
  • danno14danno14 Member Posts: 4
    Hey buff,
    I too live in MN and just test drove both the diesel and the Sport Activity last month. The diesel is a little rougher at idle but the torque is ridiculous. The sport activity even with the 20s is not nearly as bad as some individuals have written and that's coming from 3 years with a 5 series. From what the salesmen at Motorwerks and Minnetonka say, the diesels in this area sometimes need block heaters/trickle chargers as we can get pretty low on the temps but plenty of people have no problem. I just picked up my Sport Activity on Wednesday and it was the right decision. Smooth and Sexy = Sport Activity...until 2015 comes along and we all snag the new F15 model!
  • 1buffdaddy1buffdaddy Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info danno14, did you end up leasing or buying? Can I ask what deal you were able to negotiate? The Sport Activity is what I really want, but it is going to be hard to ignore the $7,000 worth of rebates I can save on the 2012 diesel at the moment. I am also 2nd guessing the 20" wheels because I do not want to be swapping out tires or getting a 2nd set of rims for winter driving.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
  • lonstermanlonsterman Member Posts: 7
    Looking for the latest (July) money factor and residual percentage for the 2012 diesel X5 for a 36 month lease with 15k miles/yr.

Thanks for the help all, fantastic resource.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    edited June 2012
    Hi 1buffdaddy

I do not know why lot of people are talking about diesel. The diesel is a big scam for fools for the following reasons,

1- The $4500 rebate is a joke for individual who can not do the math, because the price of the car is inflated and this is a marketing ploy to make the car attractive to buyers, in realty if you add the same options the diesel is approximately $1000 less than gas after rebate. BMW could have them same price and let consumer judge for themself

2- Diesel is slower, sluggish and not as crisp and responsive as Gas.
    0 to 60 gas is faster. The only place Diesel will do better if you tow uphill and if you plan to keep the car more than 300,000 miles. Diesel engines last longer.

3- The gas efficiency gained by diesel engine is mostly offset by the high price of diesel at the pump. if gas and diesel cost the same, Oil companies will sell less diesel because diesel cars have more efficient engines. So to maximize their profit and fear of cannibalization "The negative impact of a company's new product Diesel on the sales performance of its existing related products Gas" they have to raise the price of Diesel to offset the efficiency gains, otherwise Oil companies will sell less gallons of diesel and their profits will go down because of the introduction of clean diesel cars. We are always at the mercy of car and oil companies.

I challenge anyone on this forum to prove the above is wrong.
  • jrhhunterjrhhunter Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    Re 1.

1. Your theory is based on an assertion that it costs the same for BMW to make a diesel engine X5 as it does to make a gas engine version. Not sure I buy that assertion.

2. Time will tell, but there are hints that residual values for diesels are higher than similar gas versions, thus valuations at resale may favor diesels over gas engines. This may be especially true if gas and diesel prices continue to rise over time.

Re 2.

1. The diesel is slower with less throttle response than the gas version. If those are the only two parameters from which you make a decision, the gas version would win. Going from a 2004 4.4 v8 to a 2012 diesel, the V8 was more responsive. However, after living with the 2012 diesel for about 2,000 miles, I can't say that I really miss the acceleration advantage so much that I would go back to a v8.

Re 3. I question a few of your assertions:

1. "The gas efficiency gained by diesel engine is mostly offset by the high price of diesel at the pump." State taxes on diesel are typically higher than those on gas in most states, but in some states, diesel is lower priced than premium gas. For BMWs you must compare diesel price with premium octane gas. Actually, diesel prices compare quite favorably with premium gas prices in Maryland.

2. Your economic theory about why gas companies need to keep diesel price high is pure speculation, with no basis in fact to support it. BMW makes the vehicles, not the oil companies, so where is the incentive for them to make fuel-thirsty gas cars...just to help out the oil companies? I would think that BMW would love to make cars with engines that make lots of power, and burn less fuel, such as diesels.
    edited June 2012
    The following statement is patently wrong. "3- The gas efficiency gained by diesel engine is mostly offset by the high price of diesel at the pump. if gas and diesel cost the same, Oil companies will sell less diesel because diesel cars have more efficient engines. So to maximize their profit and fear of cannibalization "The negative impact of a company's new product Diesel on the sales performance of its existing related products Gas" they have to raise the price of Diesel to offset the efficiency gains, otherwise Oil companies will sell less gallons of diesel and their profits will go down because of the introduction of clean diesel cars. We are always at the mercy of car and oil companies."

Those statements were made by someone who does not understand the market economics of diesel fuel or diesel engine production. The reality is different.

1) US refineries charge more for diesel in part to recoup the cost of re-tooling refineries to produce the low-sulfur diesel required by modern diesel engines. Ultra-low sulfur diesel also is more expensive to refine and is more easily refined from sweeter, expensive crude (i.e. lower-sulfur crude oil.) The requirement to supply low-sulfur "highway diesel" hit U.S refineries with vehicle model year 2007. Demand for diesel engines tends to be lower in the U.S. because modern diesel engines could not be brought to the U.S until low-sulfur fuel hit distribution channels. Demand has had less time to build. Ancient market perception about "noisy dirty diesels" among the uninformed also reduces demand. Lower volume, higher per-unit prices.
    2) Gasoline and diesel are refined from the same barrel of oil. The ratio of gas to diesel and the quantity of diesel produced is determined by refinery design, but is roughly 19 gallons gas to 10 gallons diesel in the U.S. Diesel production cannot easily be changed dynamically to respond to market conditions, so supply is not dynamically manipulated by oil companies to raise prices (contrary to your theory.)
    3) The price dynamics of diesel (like propane and other distillates) are partly seasonal. Diesel prices increase in the winter as commercial demand increases and cold weather reduces the efficiency of diesel engines. Diesel does tend to compete with home heating oil, which will increase diesel prices in winter as demand for home heating oil increasaes. Increased diesel demand against a steady or reduced diesel supply equals higher winter prices. Prices tend to decrease for the opposite reasons in the summer.
    4) European refineries have been re-tooled over several years to increase the ratio of diesel to gasoline production to meet the historically higher demand for diesel in Europe. The ratio of gasoline to diesel vehicle sales in Europe is now roughly 50/50. (This is one of the reasons why Europe could ship surplus gasoline to the U.S. after hurricane Katrina damaged gulf-coast refineries.) Highway diesel vehicle sales in the U.S. are much lower and a relatively recent phenomenon, so US refineries are not tooled to produce high volumes of highway diesel.
    5) BMW Diesel engine production is lower volume and the engines are more expensive to produce with the extra pollution controls. They also were more expensive to certify in all 50 states.

So contrary to the grand petroleum industry conspiracy posted here, the fact is that diesel prices are driven by far more complex market dynamics than just profit conspiracy.

Two of my eight X5s have been 3.5d models. The others were V8s of various outputs. I currently own a 2012 X5 5.0i, but the 2011 diesel was my favorite. Its performance off the line and the "feel" of the diesel torque are better than the last generation V8s. The only time when the diesel's limits are plainly evident is during highway driving above 80 mph, but it excels in normal driving ranges. It is not "sluggish" and there's nothing "uncrisp" about the acceleration. It's a little noisier, but they're getting better.

Compared to my 2012 5.0i (420 miles per tank), the 600+ miles per tank of highway driving in the diesel are missed. Sometimes diesel is more expensive than Premium gasoline, sometimes not. Looking at GasBuddy just now, the price difference is 3 - 4 cents per gallon in my area compared to premium. At some stations, the price is the same.

The $4,500 eco-credit is good marketing, but it tends not to fully offset the usually lower residual values on the X5 3.5d.

If the author of these theories were a true BMW enthusiast, he/she would have read all about this in Roundel and numerous articles by the BMW engineers who designed their diesel engines.
  • rlmvrlmv Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate some advice on whether this is a good deal or not.

X35d
    Prem package
    Prem sound
    3rd row seats
    running boards
    bmw apps

MSRP 64845
    Discount price 57260
    $1350 drive off
    $787 / month incl tax

36 month lease, 15k/yr
    56% residual, .00185MF

I own a 2000 BMW. I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I qualify for the "Loyalty" credit or not. Some dealers are saying yes, some are saying no.

Thank you!
    Here you go nsada. Through July 9th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I haven't seen the lease program for the 2013 X5 diesel yet. Perhaps it will come out in the new July program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lonsterman. Please see my previous post for the information that you are looking for. BMW FS' 15,000 mile per year residual values are 2% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Car_man...
    Please also provide July MF and residual for 36/months 12K for 2013 X5 35i (base). Also, do you know of any rebates on the 2013's? Thanks.
    No problem nsada. BMW's June lease program is scheduled to run through July 9th. Please feel free to check back with me some time after the 10th and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I know about the new offers.

As of the June programs, BMW was not offering any cash incentives on the 2013 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car_Man - do you have an update on new July lease programs for both 2012 and 2013 X5 35d w 15k miles/year for 36 mos and 24 mos? Thanks so much!
    Here you go alexkoper. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00145 and 54%.

I don't think that the 2013 X5 diesel is available yet.

There is a $4,500 credit on the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • bimmer24bimmer24 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

Want to thank everyone for these boards which prove to be a critical resource in negotiating a fair price on a car, especially Car_man for all the information and perspective he provides.

I recently purchased an X5 35d from a northern NJ dealer. Terms were:

36 months 12k/yr miles
    MSRP - 63,895
    Final Purchase Price after all credits/rebates/dealer maneuvering - $52,800
    Dealer also paid $1k to cover the last two payments of my existing 3 series lease
    58% residual and .00185. I put down 7x MSD of $4200 to bring the MF to .00136. I already had $3500 in MSDs from my previous lease, so I just paid the delta of $700.

Monthly payment = $599/month inclusive of tax and no down payment

My total upfront was:
    $725 for BMW FS
    $300 DMV
    $599 first month payment
    $300 doc fee/dealer profit fee
    $215 NJ luxury car tax (Thanks Gov. Christie for this gift)
    $700 MSD delta described above (bringing my MSD balance to $4200)

Total outlay $2840

I had spent time looking at various dealers in the area and most refused to go this low. The dealer that had the most diesels remaining in stock (most only had 2-3 left, but one had 12) was perhaps the worst to deal with. With the dealer I purchased from, I did the entire deal over the phone, got the terms e-mailed to me in writing and went to the dealer that day to check the vehicle and do the paperwork.

This was all completed on July 6th. The last week with the car has exceeded my expectations. It drives like a BMW, has incredible torque, get's better gas mileage than my 3 series, comes with more options than I would ever need, and cost me less than what many people pay for an X3. The sound at idle and low speeds is not bad and anyone bothered by it shouldn't buy the car. I personally couldn't care less about it and find it to be negligible.

To make matters even better, my neighborhood Exxon gas station which always offered the cheapest prices, actually sells diesel gas for less than the price of plus and 30 cents less than premium. My biggest fear about getting the diesel was completely quelled knowing that the place I fill up more than 80% of the time would lead to reduced cost of gas for a big family truck that gets better mileage than my 3 series.

Seeing the July numbers make me feel even better about my purchase as the adjustments to residual and MF lead to almost a zero change in the financial aspects of the lease.

Love the car, loved the dealer experience I had, love the mileage I'm getting on this car, and love all the bells and whistles that make my wife happy. Happy to be a loyal BMW customer.
    edited July 2012
    Congrats...great deal.

Can you share the dealer name? Also, can you specify total rebate amount factored into your deal? Thanks.
  • lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Got a quote for 2012 x5d. MSRP is 68745. Sell price is $58381 including all discounts. Dealer is quoting MF of .00220 and residual of 58% for 36/12k. MF is high but discount seems decent. This was when MF was .00185. Payment is $743 with first payment and $381 of fees down. Acquisition fee is 925 rolled into lease.

Any feedback on this deal?

Thanks
    Nsada,

This was the last diesel 2012 the dealer had in inventory, so it's pointless to give you the name.

They applied some $500 rebate from BMW that I had no idea what it was, however, it required that I have super elite credit from all 3 agencies (740+).

The salesperson respected my comprehensive understanding of the figures and this helped him cut through the gimmicks and focused on just whether we can come to terms. This is about finding the right salesperson as too many are focused on 'winning' instead of selling. I also believe that finding the more successful and experienced salesperson is the best way to navigate. I never spoke with a sales manager or anyone other than my sales person because he was clearly experienced, well established at the dealer with his management, and well aware of his boundaries. You typically don't get this with the younger ppl who don't have the kind of experience and credibility to structure a deal that benefits everyone.

Even some of the 'older' salespeople are inexperienced, so asking how long they've been at the dealer is a good way to figure out how much room they have to run.
    You're welcome bimmer24. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lwv. The dealer is marking up both your car's money factor and acquisition fee. They should be .00145 and $725. Try to get them to use the base numbers for those and this deal will be even better.

Car_man
    Host
  • lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Car_man

Thanks. The dealer had document that showed the MF was .00180. I saw it. Now he is trying to mark it up to .0020. I argued the point but he showed me the .00180 that said started on July 10. Do you think the Texas region is different? Can they mark it up more than .0004?

Thanks
  • quoscoquosco Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what MSD stands for, please?
  • quoscoquosco Member Posts: 2
    Car_man

Regarding MF, could you please explain the following:

bmwusa.com offer (straight from their website) for a 2012 X5 35d lease for 569/mo for 36 months and 4500 Eco Credit has the following data in fine print:

Term - 36 mo
    Monthly payment - 569/mo
    MSRP - 57595
    Residual - 32829 (57%)
    Eco Credit - 4500 off MSRP
    Down Payment - 2500
    Tax not included
    Due at signing: 3794 comprised of:
    - 569 first month
    - 2500 down payment
    - 725 Acq fee

So given this information, I assess the following:

Agreed upon price = 57595 - 4500 = 53095 (Eco Credit)
    Net Cap Cost = 53095 - 2500 = 50595 (deduct down payment paid)
    Depreciation = 50595 - 32829 = 17766
    Depreciation fee = 17766 / 36 = 493.5

Finance fee therefore should be = 569 - 493.5 = 75.5

Which in turn provides the following MF:

MF = 75.5 / (50595 + 32829) = 0.000905 (or 2.17% apr)

Why then is BMW July rate 0.00145 when they are offering this MF on their website?

And I understand this does not include tax, but BMW is currently offering a tax incentive in Texas, so this would stay accurate with that.

Someone please explain if I am missing something.
  • mcabreramcabrera Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Many thanks to everyone in allowing me to learn from your experience. I am picking up my vehicle tomorrow after negotiating for over two weeks.

2012 BMW x5 35d, Sports Activity Pkg, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, 20" Rims, Running Boards with BMW apps for $57,836. MSRP 68,895.

Was able to apply the $4,500 ECO credit, $1,000 USAA credit and a $750 BMW loyalty rebate.

Lease payments came to $687.91 per month inclusive of tax and inclusive of BMWFS Bank Fee of $925. I should have negotiated the bank fee down to $725 but since the dealer included window tinting and wheel locks a $200 value, I didn't mind.

Lease is for 36 months and 12K miles/yr, with a residual of 56%. I'm putting down 7x MSD of $4,900 to reduce MF to .00096.

My sales guy stated that they were breaking even on the sale and that the finance guy processing the deal would generate zero profit... I'm not sure that's totally accurate.

My total upfront came out to $1,977.12. I may get that reduced by $500 with a BMW Ultimate Drive App voucher, where all I have to do is test drive the vehicle before signing the lease agreement.

Any feedback on this deal?

Thanks
    Mcabrera,

On the price of the car, I think you could probably do a bit better. I figure invoice for a car with that much crap in it would be about $5600 below MSRP, so combined with your $6,250 in savings.....should be able to scrap out close to another $750. Even then, the dealer is still making money on you given the inflated bank fee.

Last question I have is why your drive off fees are so high considering the $925 is rolled into the lease? If first payment is $690, where is the other $1300 coming from?
  • treenut10treenut10 Member Posts: 1
    bmw x5 xDr35d
    msrp $63,845
    sell $54,930
    mf .00145
    36 mths
    resid $35,753
    12000 miles/yr
    loyalty rebate 750
    test drive program rebate 1000

pymt about 670 mth and less than a 1000 down +reg nys
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    Carman:

Are there any additional incentives to take a 2012 vs a 2013 x5 for a 36 month lease 15k per year. I currently have an x5 that is coming due in 40 days. Can't decide what to do . Has 50K on it, and is certified bc it had 9K on it when I leased. Certification is until Novmeber 2014.

Residual/buy out is $28,300. Not sure if I should buy it or just lease another? What do you think? Looks like the car is worth more than my buyout. Could I use this in negotiating a new lease? Alos, looks like the car will be redone for 2014, which will debut in the Spring of 2013.
    Thanks.
  • 4tune4tune Member Posts: 55
    Carman please help: I needed to know the July lease MF and residual on the 2013 BMW X5. I have inquired with a dealer and he gave me the following numbers. Does this look like a good deal? Is there any room for negotiation?

2013 BMW X5 35 Premium
    Convenience pkg
    Cold Weather pkg
    running boards

MSRP $60745
    $2234 due at signing
    $748/month
  • alexanderzalexanderz Member Posts: 5
    sounds like u getting ripped a bit.
    I am getting 2013 X5 5.0 msrp 72,000$ with most options u can think off
    for $2000 down

and $829 TAX included :)
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    You're missing some information… How many miles per year are you driving? Is it a 36 month term? Do you have loyalty? What is the sales tax rate?
    12K miles 36 month lease and yes I have loyalty sales tax rate is 6.25% which is included in the payment.
    Hi Carman: in addition to my earlier inquiry about an X5 lease, I wanted to know if I go for the X5 35d will I be allowed to combine all my incentives to get a very aggressive deal from my bmw dealer. He has agreed to discount the 2012 bmw 35d in the following ways.

MSRP: 62145
    Invoice: 57794
    Eco credit:4500
    Loyalty: 750
    Drive for Team USA: 1000

I just graduated from a grad program. Can I ask them to tag on the 1000 available for that. I know BMW is offering that. The cap cost comes down to $50544. How can I approach this. It would be great to land such a deal. Thanks. I need to decide on it by 2moro. Much appreciate it. Anyone on the forum can weigh in on this. Thanks.
    Hi quosco. MSD stands for

Multiple
    Security
    Deposits

BMW Financial Services allows lessees to make additional security deposits on their vehicles, with each additional deposit lowering the money factor that is used to calculate their payment by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi snow26. the only cash incentive, other than the EcoCredit on diesels, that I am aware of on the X5 right now is $750 loyalty cash to consumers who finance or lease one through BMW Financial Services.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if your current X5 was worth more than its purchase option price. Used vehicle values in general are very strong right now (though this may change in the year + ahead if you ask me).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 4tune. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 35 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively.

I would be happy to evaluate this deal for you, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with its selling price first. This will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eddie_cheneddie_chen Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Newbie here. I got an 2013 X5 35i with a 36 month lease/12K miles per year. The MSRP was around 61,000. My monthly lease payment is 850 with no money down and sales tax rolled into the lease. Did I get ripped off or is this standard? A friend said they got the same car for only 700 bucks a month... :(

Btw, I am in the NYC area.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2012
    Hi alexanderz
    Can you share the MF and residual, and millage
    Where is the dealer?
  • crihcrih Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I'm in Oregon and I'm planning to lease my first BMW. It's my first lease and is hard to know if I'm getting a good deal.
    My terms are :
    2013 X5 Premium with convenience package and BMW applications, 36 months, 15k
    MRSP -$59,945
    Retail price -$57,500
    Trade in -$7500
    Money factor-0.00185
    Residual cost - 57% - $34,168.65
    Capital cost - $51,073 (acquisition$725 and DMV fees-348)
    Monthly-$646.41
    Also I'm asked for a deposit of $1,000 at the time of the order placement...is this same with security deposit?

Overall is this a fair deal?

Thank you
  • ttg911ttg911 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

I recently leased a 2012 X5d but have not picked up the car yet. Dealer quoted me $1,049 for 3-year/36K of wheel and tire coverage. I subsequently negotiated the cost down to $900 and I live in Boston where the roads are anything but optimal.

My question is, should I purchase this coverage? I know each tire is +/- $500 to replace and wheels are even more.

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man: here are the exact details of the deal that is on the table. Can you please tell me if its a good deal. Also, plz let me know if the residual, MF, incentives are going to get better in Aug.

2012 X5 diesel
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Sound
    Running boards

MSRP: $63645
    Invoice: $59100
    Eco Credits: $4500
    Drive for team USA: $1000
    BMW Loyalty: $750
    BMW Ultimate Drive App: $500 (taken as first month's payment)
    Net Cap Cost: $52850
    Money Factor: .00165
    Payment: $645 (MA tax included)
    Total due at signing: $1644 due at signing (includes only tax title registration
    3 year 36K mile lease

Is this a good deal Car_man. Thank you for your input.
This discussion has been closed.