Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

1404142434446»

Comments

• kr3pt0nkr3pt0n Member Posts: 8
    I'm having trouble getting a deal, even for the car on the lot. Anyone recently gotten a good deal on X5 in northern california? The best I got is $1000 over invoice plus acquisition fee. Please PM me or post your recommendations.

Thank you
  • gotigers1gotigers1 Member Posts: 20
    Would be interested to hear how the numbers work out for you on this...given the much lower resid (even with ecocredit) its a bit more expensive to buy the D. With where diesel is vs. premium couldn't convince myself this was the way to go other than long-term maintenance might be less with diesel vs. turbos if you buy it out.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Member Posts: 16
    While I really haven't gotten any "real" numbers from a dealer yet, I compared the numbers (using what I've seen on this forum) for both the diesel and gas premium, equipped as I'd order them (as close as possible to each other). I used the lease guide calculator, and just took the loyalty and eco credit off the selling price, which I set at $500 above invoice. (I'm not sure if it's actually treated this way, but I wanted to compare apples to apples.) The diesel's list was about $1,225 higher, it's got the eco credit, and the RV is at 54% vs 60% for the gas.

Factoring this all in, I came up with a monthly pmt of $733, including tax, for the diesel and $718 for the gas, so a $15/mo difference. Factor in the fuel differential, which, based on about 9,000 miles per year, with the diesel getting 20% better mpg, but costing about 30c more per gallon (all very unscientific, but I think this is close to accurate, at least where I live), comes in in favor of the diesel, with a monthly savings of about $28. So overall, a net savings for the diesel of about $13/month.

Obviously, the difference is pretty negligible, so it's not really the cost that will drive one's decision here. I happen to prefer the way the diesel drives, having had both. But it is a little frustrating that the residual on the diesel is much lower, thereby increasing the monthly lease payment. But I suppose this is good if you're looking to buy at the end of the lease term.

At some point soon, I'll see what my dealer really has to say, but my gut tells me the differences should be pretty accurate.
  • hannanhoward1hannanhoward1 Member Posts: 6
    Just leased an X5 35i drive - Prestige BMW Ramsey, NJ, Salesman Elvis
    10k miles, 39 months

MSRP was $56225

-$1000 BMW drive event
    -$1000 loyalty cash

Payment was
    $520 per month x 39 months

Taxes, Title, Doc fees paid up front
    Put down 7 MSD's to get the MF down

I'm not one to forget about the selling price #'s or the actual MF but the payment was where I needed it to be, so that was all I asked. Works out to approximate selling price of $50,000
  • star990star990 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Carman,

Thinking of pulling trigger on a X5 3.5 Sports, Could you please post August lease buy rates (RV & MF) for 12k miles, 36months and 39months respectively. Also are there any changes in rebates or incentives as well from BMW as 2014 will be coming out soon.

For some reason I am getting hard time finding one with sports/M package, specially a non-white color, from the looks of local dealers (so-cal) inventory looks like they come only in 3 colors white black or grey :blush: .

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Hi, premium would be helpful too please!

Thanks
  • newyorkphilipnewyorkphilip Member Posts: 11
    Do you know when this car will be available for a delivery? My dealer is telling me that a production of this model will not start until October, and they are expecting a delivery in November. However, other dealers are expecting a delivery around late September or early October when I called around.
  • sammy1644sammy1644 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market to lease a 2014 BMW x5 3.5 with sport package. The car after all the options (dvd players, keyless entry, etc) came to about 73k...what is an appropriate cost I should expect to pay? Thanks in advance, I am a current Range Rover owner so not familiar with BMW
  • marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    I am also interested in a 2014 X5. When where you told the 2014 model would arrive at the dealership?
  • seabassttuseabassttu Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone please post the Aug rates for 2013 X5 D and 3.5i including 10,12,15K residuals and MF's?

Thanks!
    production coming soon, u can order one and it will be there 4-6 weeks after production starts...but pricing is out I believe
  • jopa82jopa82 Member Posts: 1
    I just closed a deal on a 2013 xDrive50i, and I can tell you that the base rate MF went from .00127 at the end of July to .00125 yesterday. By my calculations, the RV did not change from July to August.
    I can confirm...no exact numbers but from discussions it appears the only change was slight drop in MF.
    so u believe the RV will be about the same, 57%?
  • blkmustngblkmustng Member Posts: 1
    Options: Convenience Pkg, Power tailgate, heated front seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio.

MSRP $55,975

Invoice $52,110

Selling Price $52,110

BMW Financial Customer

Term 36

Residual (%) 57

Miles per year 10,000

Bank Fee (BMWFS) $725

Buy Rate 0.00125

Rebate $1,000

Cash Due at signing $2,000(includes 1st Payment + DMV)

Monthly Payment $598.35 + Tax(Base on 9% tax rate) = $652.20

Good through Date 8-30-2013

Credit Score 675+(Tier one)

Is this a good deal? Please help!
  • wtikwtik Member Posts: 26
    Yes I think it is a good deal.
  • geocity20geocity20 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

Anyone have the sept lease numbers for the 2013 x5d? 10k and 12k? Thanks.
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    55 and 54%. Base MF .00125
  • zmm12345zmm12345 Member Posts: 13
    These guys are offering it for $679 a month with zero down and includes ny sales tax of 8.875

I have a current lease from then and whatever they quote is all inclusive and there are no hidden fees.

http://www.leasingdirectny.com/details.php?id=223

PRICE: $679 Per Month MILEAGE: 10,000 Per year Price Includes NY sales tax. 36 Months.Due at Signing = 1st month + Bank fee + DMV fees.

Navigation/Backup Camera
    Bluetooth
    Heated Seats
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Running Boards
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi All,

what are the Sep rates in 2013 X5 xdrive Premium with 12k for 36months? Help is greatly appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    .00125 and 58% residual... $2000 build-out cash and $1000 of lease/loyalty cash for current BMWFS customers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tarobapptarobapp Member Posts: 10
    I want to lease a X5 3.5i 2013, before the 2014 comes out. Can anyone give me a lease rate they are paying to give me an idea on what to expect. I have leased many cars before, but never a BMW, so don't know how flexible they are.
    thank you
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi,

Could you please provide lease terms for '13 X5 Prem lease 12k/yr for best term available.

Thanks
    edited October 2013
    .00125 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease..

There is $1000 of lease loyalty cash available.. I don't see the $2000 of build out cash that they had last month.. They may have replaced this with some other incentive that isn't apparent.. EDIT: (and, Edmunds shows $2000 of dealer incentives available this month, as well..)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kps2107kps2107 Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2013
    Hi kyfdx,

Could you tell me if I did ok on a 2013 x5 premium with convenience, cold weather, running boards, satellite radio, space saver spare (sticker price 61,550). Invoice 57,400.

I got the build out cash (2000), loyalty (1000), drive event (1000). MF .00125, residual 59%.

Net monthly payment 598.00 with just 1st month down for 3 years, 30,000 miles. It includes nj tax + all fees.

I think it works out to a selling price of 52,190 (before including loyalty).
  • sdosajsdosaj Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just wanted to say thank you car man and all active members of this forum. I just picked up my X5 yesterday. Here is my deal below.

BMW X5 35i sports active
    MSRP $63420
    Convenience package
    Sports package ( this is part of the sports active edition)-20inch wheels etc

Lease term 36mo
    15000 miles a year
    Total down $1500
    Monthly incl tax $690

Hope this helps. I think I got a good deal! Would love to hear your thoughts!
  • medocusamedocusa Member Posts: 1
    wow, that was a good deal. which dealer did u get this from.
  • koosflowerskoosflowers Member Posts: 1
    2013 X5 premium with convenience, cold weather, running boards, Premium HiFi audio system Multi Contour seats,satellite radio, space saver spare. MSRP 63xxx
    selling price of 57xxx.
    up front 2300
    760/Month for 3 years,30000 miles
    Is it GOOD?
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    I just got a 2013 Sport with cinnamon leather/black. Got it a invoice and base MF. Easy transaction. Highly recommend them.
  • mini2012mini2012 Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me more details about the deal that you got. What's the MF and residual. I am looking for 36 month/12 K miles lease.
  • cheislercheisler Member Posts: 3
    Hi SoCal,

Could you please provide details about where you got the deal, deal terms (miles and months), MSRP, final price and what it came down to $/month?

I am also looking at black/cinnamon brown. I got the quote on 60,xxx MSRP with discount of $5K at $745/month which seemed pretty high.

Best regards,
    Chuck
  • kgarrettkgarrett Member Posts: 1
    Hello Kyfdx-

Could you tell me the current MF, Residual and incentives available for a 2013 BMW X5 AWD 4dr xDrive35i Premium as well as for a 2013 BMW X5 base model?

thanks for the help. I'm in Socal.
  • jpasicznjpasiczn Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any experience with what the 2013 x5d are going for? I would assume the dealers are going to start cutting prices pretty aggressively on these bad boys
    Nope, but you can check the Prices Paid discussion..

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef21f1b/2502#MSG2502

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cjalagamcjalagam Member Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Found a BMW X5 35D, MSRP:77K with 6K miles on it ( Demo Car).
    Listed price 64K. What is the best price for this. I am looking to lease the same. So please let me know what is the residual % and Money factor for sth like this. I live in central NJ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Is it a 2013 or 2014 model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

It is a 2013 model. MSRP: 77,500

@cjalagam said:
    Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Found a BMW X5 35D, MSRP:77K with 6K miles on it ( Demo Car).
    Listed price 64K. What is the best price for this. I am looking to lease the same. So please let me know what is the residual % and Money factor for sth like this. I live in central NJ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2013 X5 35D 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00125 MF and 52% residual

Demo models usually have the residual adjusted down to account for the extra mileage.. 6K miles would lower the residual by $1650. The key to getting a great lease deal on a demo: negotiate a really low selling price.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@Kyfdx: I negotiated a 2013 X5 35D for good price. Unfortunately in the last minute CA came back saying residual % he agreed was a mistake. He confirmed a 56% residual for 2013 X5 35D(12 K Miles/year) during negotiations and came back apologizing that it is only 52%. This changed the whole deal with respective to monthly payments. And since it has 7500 miles on it, he adjusted $1500 to residual. Is there any way to verify current residuals ? Also is acquisition fee negotiable ? he told me it is $925 initally and since it was his mistake with residual, he said he will waive off $75.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

The residuals are set by BMWFS, and the dealer can't change them. I don't have the new numbers for January, yet.. but the numbers posted above were accurate for December.

The base acquisition fee for BMWFS is $725, with dealers allowed to mark it up by $200 for extra profit. I find it amusing that the CA makes a $2500 mistake in calculations, then offers to knock off $75 of his $200 additional markup...

No matter how good the selling price is on that unit, if it doesn't turn out to lease for a low price, then the savings are illusory, at best.. Doesn't sound like your dealer is doing anything to help your cause.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for your response. I will get back to him. What is the equivalent model for X535D on gas front ? X5 35D Sports Activity ? CA was asking if i am interested in gas so that he can get me a better residual and a better lease price.

That would be an X5 35i

Same money factor, higher residuals, fewer incentives....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks a lot. All your responses are helping me in getting a great car.
    Is 35i similar in performance /comfort/look compared to 35D. Basically i might get a better deal with 35i compared to 35D for similar options.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    That would be an X5 35i

Same money factor, higher residuals, fewer incentives....

Yes... as far as comfort, performance and looks, the two engine choices aren't markedly different.... A diesel feels a little torquier, but runs out of steam at high RPMS. Diesel fuel mileage is better, but diesel prices are generally higher than premium gas.. Unless you are just sold on diesels, picking a gas model won't make much difference in your overall experience.

kyfdx

(still waiting on January numbers)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! I have decided to go with Diesel . Here are the numbers:

2013 35D with 7K miles
    Residual: 52% 12K
    MF:0.00130
    Acquisition Fee:$725

MSRP:77625
    Selling Price: 56500
    Upfront Payment: First Month + 350 Doc fees
    Installment: 678/month

Thanks everyone.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

Please visit the 2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

This discussion has been closed.