Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• tlgoldentlgolden Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me what the factors are on the $439/mo lease offer? The MSRP is 44470(auto transmission only). What is the money factor for this deal? (is it .00115) Also- we should be able to use these factors for an X5 3.0 with options, right? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Dealer just offered a lease on a 2006 X5 with premium pkg, rear climate pkg, xenon, steptronic auto transmission, mirrors. MSRP 49620.
    lease- $0 down ($1513 total out of pocket for sec.dep, tax, tags, 1st mo.)
    24 mo. 12k/yr
    $569/mo + tax (7%)= $609/mo
    I calculated out the negotiated price as 45500. Money factor .00150. Residual 70%.
    I'm signing on it today. What do you all think??
    Check my post on my recent lease on a semi loaded 2006 X5. MSRP 49620. $0 Down ($1513 total out of pocket for sec. 1st mo. tax, tags, etc.) $569/mo + tax. 24mo, 12k/yr
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    i saw a commerical last nite for a 2006 X5 4.4 for $530... but the dealers are saying they don't know anything about the lease deals yet....

anyone with info.... i'm looking current at getting an 2006 X5 4.4 with a retail on $58k (list) hoping to get it down to a better price point... what would be a fair price on a 4.4 and then how would i work out the lease deal after settling on the price??

thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    It goes very well, thanks rstnpc. I assume that you are talking about the '06 X5 3.0i's lease program. It matters because the 4.4i's program is different. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0i through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for a 36 month lease of this truck with 12,000 miles pr year should be .00185 and 59%. When negotiating your truck's capitalized cost, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on the '06 X5 3.0i into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    i am looking to get x5 4.8 for 36month, will need 15k per year. MSRP comes to be about 74k. i know that 2007 model will be relaesed in few months. would i be able to get this car for below invoice? i was able to get my 2005 clk last year 4k below invoice. is that poss with this car?

my first deal i got is 1200k per month, 7500k down.
    Hi lansa. You're right BMW's new lease program for the X5 is much better than the one that it replaced. The link that my co-host kyfdx helpfully provided in the post right before contains all of the details that you are looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • newkidnthecarnewkidnthecar Member Posts: 2
    I am new to this whole thing, relocating from NY to CA and getting my first car. What is the residual value, base money factor and dealer cash and how does that affect the lease vs. buy scenario. I am looking to either lease or purchase a 530i prem/sport/nav/sat/ipod/rear climate/rear side airbags/park dist cont/auto trans a for August for a September delivery and need to understand these fine details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

NKnTC
  • newkidnthecarnewkidnthecar Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I am looking at the X5 4.4 for 06' with the same options and the rear cargo for my wife and the 530i for me same options. Need to understand the rvalue, base moneyfactor and dc so that I can truly negotiate the cars.

Thnx,

NKnTC
    Greetings Adam. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be like on this car for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP, approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, you can take a look at BMW's advertised lease payment for this truck: BMW 2006 X5 advertised lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tlgolden. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for any 2006 BMW X5 3.0 regardless of how it is equipped is .00185 for leases up to 42 months in length. The reason why this truck's money factor is a little higher than it was is that BMW introduced $2,000 dealer cash on it at the beginning of this month. Make sure to take this dealer cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi roughyear. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck should cost to lease right now. However, in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first. This information includes this truck's approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When negotiating your truck's selling price, remember that BMW is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2006 X5 4.4i. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mcho3. I am not familiar with what the market is like for the X5 4.8. BMW does not produce very many of this trim level, so you may find it difficult to get one for as low a price as you are hoping. The fact that BMW is not providing any lease support or dealer cash on the 4.8 probably indicates that they are selling fairly well. You still will probably be able to negotiate some sort of discount on this truck, you just probably will not be able to get it for as close to dealer invoice as you are hoping. While it is not quite as nice as the 4.8, the X5 4.4 is a MUCH better deal. It's price is lower and it has dealer cash and lease support available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi NKnTC. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Once you have a basic understanding of how leasing works I will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have. This particular discussion is for questions about leasing the BMW X5. If you want a 5-Series, post any questions that you have on it in the following discussion: "BMW 5-Series: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    hey car man thanks.
    i first should say that you helped me out alot for my 05 clk500 and also 05 TL. i just got an offer for 71k.
    what would that money factor and residual value be for this car if i want to lease it for 48month, 15k miles.
    thanks
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    car_man..

thanks for the reply.. looking at a 2006 X5 4.4i with all the triming except DVD entertainment (even though i want this option, but they dont have it) anywayz.. final selling price $51450.. looking for either a 24month or 36month lease.. with very little down payment. thanks for any help.
    car man
    i just got my offer for the 4.4 x5
    premium,sport,cold,rear climate,heated steering,19",woodtrim, navi,premium hi-fi
    MSRP 64000 selling price 57200 MF 1.9 Residual 59%
    monthly of 724.84 + tax for 12k per year 36month
    what do you and others think about this deal?
    what would it be for 15k? is it better to get 24month lease?
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    Sounds like a better deal than I worked out :cry: . I'm interested to know what state you are purchasing the X5, if you put any money down or just had to pay the first monthly payment with tax and license. I have the same model and extras except custom seats (no nav), 15,000 miles/36 months, extra wear and tear protection, put $1500 down and I am paying $900 (tax included) in Orange County, CA.
    this is in LA, down 2100. i am trying to get little less then what they are offering.
  • bosbmrbosbmr Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man
    Can you please help? I would like to calculate the monthly lease payment for my deal.

X5 3.0i
    MSRP: $50,320
    Quote: $47,000 (3,320 off)
    24 mo lease with 15,000 mile per year
    $0 down payment

Offer from dealer was $699+tax.

I have no 'Knowledge' to judge whether this is a good deal or not.
    I have been trying to calculate the payment through the lease calculator using MF and residual from this forum...however my number came out very odd. Probably I made a mistake and cannot find what it is... Could you please give me the MF and residual value and estimated monthly payment for this deal?

Thanks in advance.
  • drleasedrlease Member Posts: 7
    Hey CarMan,
    Where do you find all of these BMW rates and residuals? Are they all posted somewhere online? I have a lease calculator, I just dont know where to find the MF's and residuals for individual models.
    You;re very welcome, mcho3. I am glad that I have been able to help you out in the past. You have good taste in vehicles. I like the CLK, TL, and X5. BMW is not currently providing any sort of support on the 2006 X5 4.8. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services you would have to use its standard lease money factor. I believe that BMW FS' standard factor varies a little depending upon what part of the country one is in, but it should be around .00315 for any length lease right now, assuming that you pay a security deposit and acquisition fee at lease signing. BMW FS' 48 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '06 X5 4.8is is 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, roughyear. OK, so you're interested in leasing a 2006 BMW X5 4.4i that has a full MSRP of $58,000 and a selling price of $51,450. According to my calculations, if you were to do so through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax, monthly payment should be around $615. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be around $638.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mcho3. If by a money factor of "1.9" you mean .00190 the factor that the dealer you are working with is trying to charge you is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 4.4 is only .00150. It appears as though the dealer you are working with is trying to mark your truck's base factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time, but can usually be avoided by consumers who know what tier vehicle's buy rate is.

This truck's 24 month lease program is even more attractive than its 36 month program. Its 24 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate money factor and residual value are .00125 and 70%.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. You were quoted a discount of $6,800 on this truck. The model that you described probably has a spread of around $5,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price plus BMW is providing $2,500 dealer cash on it right now. This gives a total spread of around $8,000. So you are probably at around $1,200 or so over dealer invoice. This is a reasonable price for this truck if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate money factor. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I would be happy to help you out, bosbmr. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0i with an MSRP of $50,320 and a selling price of $47,000 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $655 with the payment of a security deposit of $700 at lease signing. With the security deposit waived, this truck's payment would increase to around $667. BMW will waive its security deposit requirement for free for returning lessees. It looks to me as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark this truck's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. Make sure that they use BMW FS' buy rate factor of .00150 to calculate your truck's lease payment. I used a residual value of 68%. Also, don't forget about the $2,000 dealer cash that BMW is providing on the '06 X5 3.0i right now. Given this dealer cash, if there is a decent level of competition in your area I would not be surprised if you were able to beat the selling price that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings drlease. I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on vehicles' current lease programs to the general public. I would be happy give you an idea of what the lease programs are like on the models that you are currently interested in if you let me know what they are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • margaret75margaret75 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man I need your help!
    Please tell me your thoughts on this deal for a
    2006 X5 3.0 with the Sports Package:

MSRP $51770
    PRICE $47500
    ($4270 off MSRP)
    LEASE 24 MTHS
    MILEAGE 15,000
    FACTOR .0015000
    RESIDUAL 68%

PAYMENT $797.86
    I must put down 1st payment and sec. dep.
    The dealership said this offer includes the $2000 dealer cash and this is the Best offer they can give.

Thanks for your help!!

Margaret
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    I'm not Car_man, but I'll take a stab at this..

At $47,500, you are paying right around invoice.. This leaves the $2000 dealer cash as profit... At the end of the year, and on a car with incentives and a brand-new model coming out... that seems a little high..

But, just working with your selling price, and adding $625 to the cap cost for the acquisition fee, I get a payment of around $664/mo.+ tax...

So, my question would be... What is adding so much to the monthly payment of the car? Even if your tax rate is 9%, that only brings it up to about $725/mo.. How do they get to almost $800? What else are they adding to the cap cost? And.. are they really giving you the .0015 money factor?

Regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bosbmrbosbmr Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot Car_man.

Unfortunately there is only one BMW dealer around here...next closest one is in 78 miles away :cry:

Anyway, I picked up my car yesterday and I love it even though new one is on the way. Thanks again for providing me a great information. I did not get enough discount but it seems OK with me considering there is no other dealer around here. Here is what I got and I would like to share the information.

X5 3.0i
    MSRP: $50,320
    Quote: ? (I just cut a deal on monthly payment)
    24 mo lease with 15,000 mile per year

$646/month before tax
    first month payment: $646
    ($0 down payment, No security deposit, no additional expense at all other than first month payment...all other cost such as license fee are included in monthly payment)

I hope this information would help someone else.

Thanks again Car_man
    Kyfdx,
    How much money do dealers normally make or try to make on a deal like mine..posted above?? The dealership is the only one in the area and still claims this is the best deal they could possibly give. I gave them $1000 deposit to order my car from another dealership.
    Thanks, Margaret
  • eegradeegrad Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great advice that everyone offers in this forum. I can't imagine buying a car without all this info. :)

I'm looking for the current residual value percentages for both 24 and 36 month leases at 10K and 12K miles a year on the X5 3.0 model.

Also, could you confirm that the current MF on this car is 0.0015? In an earlier posting (Jul 30) Car_man indicated that MF had increased to 0.00185 due to the addition of the $ 2k manufacturer to dealer incentive. Did the MF go back down in Aug?

Thanks Again!!!
  • mmjonesmmjones Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man-
    I've been reading all of these posts, extremely helpful! If I can get your thoughts on the following deal:

MSRP - $51,820
    MF .00150
    LEV% 68%
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $48,784
    Amt due at start: 2,295 (First monthy pmt of 690, security deposit, license/title fees/documentation etc)
    Monthly PMT including NY taxes: $690

Thoughts?
  • spidy99spidy99 Member Posts: 4
    I looked at the last x5 4.4 at a dealer in my town.We negotiated and he's willing to accept $1000 over invoice. I noticed that they aslo have $2500 dealers cash and I believe $1300 regional cash (not sure what's its called.
    Question is, is it possible to also deduct the $3800 from the current deal(invoice-3800, or the discount is basically taken only from MSRP cost?

HERE'S THE DEAL

MSRP 62745
    includes
    model base cosy of $53600
    prem pkg............2500
    rear climate pkg.....400
    sport pkg...........1600
    19" alloy wheels......950
    Nav..................1800
    hi-fi premium system..1200
    dest chrg...........695
    total...............$62745

my offer Invoice $57380(from edmunds'site)+1000=$58380
    MF =0.00125
    24 MTHS LEASE W/ 10k mles/yr and 70% residual
    7% sales tax

can someone help to see if $783.51 including tax sounds good
    using a cap cost of $59770
  • new2bmw1new2bmw1 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to lease a 2006 X5 3.0 and would like to know if this deal sounds right-I am new to leasing:

MSRP: $54,870
    Premium
    Sport
    Cold
    Rear
    Heated Wheel
    Automatic
    Nav
    Serv. Steering
    Xeonon

Purchase Price: $49,800
    MF: .00150
    Residual: $36,411

24 Month Lease-18k miles per yr
    $9200 Cap cost Reduction (as result of a trade in)
    $342/month
  • barwoodbarwood Member Posts: 1
    I have found this forum to be very helpful in negotiating with the dealer. First, the dealership I contacted through edmunds initially quoted an outrageous monthly payment. I quickly directed them to the TMV on edmunds and within 5 minutes the payment was reduced by $120! I am trying to verify the money factor and residual percentage. For a 2006 X5 3.0 I was quoted a money factor of .002 (about 4.8%) and a residual of 57% for a 36 month lease and 15,000 miles per year. These amounts appear high based on what I have been reading. I would appreciate any recent market data.
    Hey! Thank you, you were right. My paymt. is $726 w/ .0015 money factor. I'm not sure if they made a mistake or what happen but at the end of the deal the money factor showed up on their paperwork as .0019! I pointed it out and my payment dropped from $797 to 726, just the number you estimated for me. Thank you for your help :)!
    Kindly, Margaret
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    I love happy endings!!

Enjoy your new car..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• visitor1visitor1 Member Posts: 1
    I just made a deal yesterday. please let me know what you think.

BMW X5 3.0
    MSRP 46570
    Sale price: invoice price - 1000
    MF: 0.00160
    RV 68%
    Monthly payment including tax: 629
  • carnut12carnut12 Member Posts: 67
    can you post the money factor and residual for x5 4.4 12k/year 24 months? thanks
  • moncadmoncad Member Posts: 6
    i'm new to this forum/discussion. i am looking into leasing the 4.8 2007 X5 15K x 36 mos. I was at the dealership yesterday and here's what i got: MSRP 54500 ( + options: etch/rear clim/premium pack/3rd row/entertainment, etc) total $68345. How will i calculate the money factor/residual value, and how much would be the best monthly lease. I'd like not to pay anything more than the usual bank fee/DMV, etc. I am from NYS. thank you.
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    i got a quote of 589/month for 24 months with 2500 down and without tax included. the msrp is 49370 and the selling pice is 45550

MF is .0018500 and resid is .69

is this deal any good?
  • swganoleswganole Member Posts: 2
    Offer extended in Georgia. Carman...any advice?

2006 X5 3.0
    list $49,420
    sell $44,028
    36 months
    12k miles
    MF .00210
    Res 58%
    Payment $579+tax

Thanks!
  • swganoleswganole Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention the cash down requirement on the above scenario...$1,720 which I guess is first payment, acq. fee, etc.

Appreciate hearing from anyone on this deal...
    You're very welcome, bosbmr. Lack of competition is always a bummer when one is shopping for a new vehicle. Thanks for stopping back to let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much, eegrad. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW is actually providing its most attractive lease terms for a special length lease right now, 22 months. You would be much better off going with tie term instead of 24 months. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 22 month lease of a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be .00185 and 58%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year its residual values would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, don't forget that BMW is providing $2,000 dealer cash on it. This incentive will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks mmjones. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $4,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to this, BMW is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on it. This gives us a total of around $6,300 to play with. You were quoted a discount of only $3,000. I suspect that you will be able to do better than this if you shop around a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi spidy99. I'm not familiar with the regional incentive that you mentioned, but I am well aware of the $2,500 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on 2006 X5 4.4 models. If I was in the market for the truck that you mentioned, I personally would shoot for $1,500 under dealer invoice, which is $1,000 over minus the dealer cash. This is a fair deal for all parties. Since this is your dealer's last X5 4.4 and the 2007 model is not out yet, it is difficult to say whether they will take this offer, but give it a shot.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome new2bmw1. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The first thing that I notice about this deal is the large down payment that you are considering making. I always advise community members not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. It would be annoying to just throw away nine grand. You can still trade in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it instead of using the equity that you have in it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

Also, you never mentioned the selling price of the X5 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this lease if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi barwood. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. If you opt to have your vehicle's security deposit waived, your vehicle's money factor would increase by .00015. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, carnut12. BMW's most attractive lease program is actually for a special 22 month lease of this truck right now. You would be much better off leasing for that term instead of for 24 months. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 22 month lease of a 2006 X5 4.4 with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 70%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, don't forget the $2,500 dealer cash that BMW is providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.