Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• auburn87auburn87 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of your help on this board. I not only got a better (MF 00185) I was able to upgrade to the X5 4.4 at payments less than the 3.0!
  • gatorfan3gatorfan3 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 3.0si on order and have been told to expect a January delivery. As of Wednesday 11/22, two days before the vehicle actually went on sale, BMW financial was, according to my salesperson, only offering a 53% residual on a 36 month 15k mile lease with a money factor of .00330. My salesperson indicated he expected those terms to improve next month but I am interested to know what others have obtained from their dealerships. This does not sound like a very attractive deal at present.
  • fergie3fergie3 Member Posts: 6
    I just drove the 2007 X5 yesterday. Salesman quoted me 58% residual and money factor of .00429 on 36 month lease. I hope terms improve, as the new X5 really has a nice ride, but not on those terms. I will not waste money on the third row seating as it is a joke imo.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Don't worry about it, 8eight. Community members forget to mention the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease all the time. OK, so you are interested in leasing a 2006 X5 3.0 that has an MSRP of $56,120 and a selling price of $51,600. The 2006 BMW X5 has a spread of over $4,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. On top of that, BMW is providing $2,500 dealer cash on '06 X5 3.0 models to help dealers unload leftover models. That gives you a total of $7,000 to play with. You are being given a $4,500 discount on this truck. I personally would want a larger discount than that if I was in the market for one. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you arrive at an attractive price for this truck, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00185 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello tenet1. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. You never mentioned either of these items in your post, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 56%, respectively. BMW is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on this model. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, fergie3. To the best of my knowledge, BMW still has not published a lease program for the 2007 X5. I'll do some digging again in a week or two to see if it has published one. Please feel free to check back with me then and I will be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi auburn87. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0 is .00185. With the waiver of your vehicle's security deposit it increases by .00015, but returning BMW FS customers receive a security deposit waiver at no additional charge. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this truck's buy rate to calculate its lease payment.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat the selling price that you were quoted either. You were quoted a discount of $5,500 on a truck that including the dealer cash that is available on it probably has a spread of around $7,000 between its MSRP and invoice price. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat $1,500 over invoice on a leftover model. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh, I see that you were quoted some actual numbers for a lease of a 2007 X5. Thanks for the info, gatorfan3. The last time that I checked, BMW had not published any numbers for the 2007 X5 yet. Not surprisingly, it appears as though BMW is not providing any lease support on this truck. This is fairly common with brand new or redesigned models. If one wants to be the first on their block to have a new vehicle, they have to pay to play :). As time passes, the lease program for the '07 X5 will likely become more attractive. It is difficult to say how long it will be before BMW introduced money factor support on this model though. A lot will depend upon how well it is received by the public and how strong auto sales are in general.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fergie3. Even without any lease support the money factor that you were quoted is WAY too high. BMW Financial Services' standard money factor varies by region, but its standard buy rate is currently around only .00330. It appears as though the dealer that you spoke with is going to make customers who want to be the first to have a redesigned X5 pay through the nose to get one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone have any lease rates and residuals for the 2007. My salesman is currently working on an offer right now. Thanks.
    forgot to add 3yr 36K miles to my previous post. thanks.
  • gatorfan3gatorfan3 Member Posts: 2
    Nothing since my previous post. At that time, BMW Financial was only offering 53% residual with money factor of .00330 on a 36 month 15k mile lease. Not very attractive! Please advise us if your dealer has sweetened that offer. Thanks.
  • cgb0216cgb0216 Member Posts: 2
    I know... I did the same with teh 2007 X5 test drive last week. I want one so badly now. Does anyone know or have any guess or advice as to when BMW will offer a special lease offer on this new hottttt SAV?!? PLEASE advise ;-)
    My salesman currently offered me the following:

2007 X5 MSRP $59,545
    Proposal: $57,545, no money down, 36 months, 12K miles per yr

$1075 with taxes

Any thoughts on this offer?

Thanks in advance
  • terrinterrin Member Posts: 3
    is this a purchase or a lease?
    it is a lease. he is sending over the lease and residual rate later. i haven't seen any published rates. thanks.
  • terrinterrin Member Posts: 3
    I would suggest that you go to the www.bmwusa.com website and put in your numbers into the lease calculator and at least that will give you an idea of where you should be with a lease from BMW FS
    I tried that but the BMW site says it is unable to calculate an estimate at this time. Thanks for trying to help
  • carnut12carnut12 Member Posts: 67
    2007 BMW X5 4dr Wagon 3.0si / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 41% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 33% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate

2007 BMW X5 4dr Wagon 4.8i / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 64% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 53% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 30% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    bu96......it sounds like you don't know how to do the calculation yourself. Your need to get five numbers from your dealer: The MSRP. The negotiated "selling" price. The Money Factor. The residual value. And the Acquisition fee. The dealers cannot play around with the MSRP or the residual value for the months and miles you choose, but they can with the others, so you have to negotiate them.

Get these from your dealer and I or someone else can easily calc your lease payment for you. Also tell us where you live and the tax rate in your town.
    My X5 is finally here. My deal was as follows:

MSRP: $59,545
    Sale price: $57,545
    36 months, 12K per yr
    Residual: $35,727
    lease factor: .00387
    $1,164 due at delivery (taxes etc..)

$1078 per month

Any thoughts on if this was a half way decent deal? Anybody have lease factors for the X5 different from mine?

Thanks!-
  • rda2wrda2w Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for left over 2006 3.0i X5s? I'm looking for 36mo/10k mi.

Thanks,
    RDA
    Hi bu96. BMW is not currently providing any lease money factor support on the 2007 X5. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services' you would have to use its standard lease program. This makes this truck VERY expensive to lease. I believe that BMW FS' buy rate standard money factor varies a little by region, but it should be around .00320 right now, which is not very good. Its residual values vary by trim level, lease term, and mileage allowance, but to give you an idea of what they are like BMW FS' current residual for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0si with 15,000 miles per year is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh, bu96, I see that you mentioned the term and mileage allowance that you're interested in in your next post. OK, I already gave you the 36 month numbers. The only difference would be that this truck's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new truck, bu96. The selling price that you got it for, a $2,000 discount on a recently redesigned SUV in the middle of the winter, looks reasonable to me. The money factor is a little on the high side though. It appears as though the dealer you worked with marked it up some. $1,000 a month is just a lot off money to pay for an X5, but that's what it is going to cost to lease one right now. If one wants to be the first on their block to have a brand new or redesigned vehicle they are going to have to pay extra for it. That's what happened here. The luxury SUV segment is a very competitive market. I suspect that BMW will eventually have to introduce an aggressive lease program on the X5. It's difficult to say how long it will be before this happens. It might not be until much later this year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings RDA. Here is the information that you are looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0i with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    I was told by my dealer today that they expect BMW to have some supported lease program on the 07 X5 "in the next few days"

Reason being that the lease prices are so high, they are losing customers to the Q7, etc. because the competitors have very agressive lease programs right now.

For a car that was supposedly sold out, the dealers in my areas seem to have many on the lot for purchase or lease.

If I find out anyting further, I will advise.
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    My dealer also told me that they expected a new lease program soon...more details when I have them.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    I checked my local dealer and their CHEAPEST X5 has a MSRP of $52K. Assuming a discount of $1K, a 36mo/15K mi (mf = 0.00322, residual 58%) lease payment woud be $840 + tax (or $905/mo)! Their typical X5 has a MSRP closer to $56K which add another $67 to the monthly lease payment.

Memo to BMW - no way this truck is worth close to a thousand bucks per month to lease!
  • chaddy75chaddy75 Member Posts: 48
    Although the vehicle is nice I totally agree!! Not worth that lease payment. Dealer in Southern Ca. also told me lease should be getting more attractive soon.
  • back2bmwback2bmw Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does anyone have information regarding lease programs for the remaining 2006 X5 4.4's...12k/36 months?

Thanks for your help,
    I spoke to my dealer today in the Northeast and the Manager expects a program for February 1, 2007. Stay tuned.......
    Hey everyone. A number of dealers that I have spoken with are irritated with BMW's lack of support for this truck as well. It is soooooo expensive to lease an '07 X5 right now. I too expect BMW to eventually introduce a special lease program on the 2007 X5. Unfortunately, it did not come out with one when it introduced its special February lease program a few days ago. Unless BMW makes an unscheduled enhancement to its lease program, there isn't going to be any lease support on this truck before the beginning of March at the earliest. That's the latest that I've heard on this subject.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi back2bmw. Most dealers that I have spoken with don't have many, if any 2006 X5s left in inventory. If you want to lease one, you probably will have to go with a 2007 model. As other community members have recently mentioned, BMW is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2007 X5. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease program. BMW FS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it should currently be around .00320. Its current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for the 2007 X5 4.8i is 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I've been waiting to see if the X5 makes sense for leasing but they are crazy. I think I'm going to lease the Mercedes GL 450 since their leases are much more agressive and you get just as much car or more.... for a lot less price on the lease. $699 per month for the larger engine and loaded with many options is what Mercedes has been advertising.
  • mikeoc1mikeoc1 Member Posts: 46
    Does anyone know what the February program is for the 2007 X5? Both the 3.0si and the 4.8i?
  • mikeoc1mikeoc1 Member Posts: 46
    I found these February rates effective 2/6/07 for the 3.0si
    What is BMW thinking? These are still awful.

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 40% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 33% of MSRP – .00320 Money Factor Buy Rate
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    It looks like the inventory levels for X5's is still pretty low so BMW isn't making much of an effort to move them yet. The prices for this truck are quite high - they range from $53-60K for the 3.0 engine at my local dealer. It's a nice truck but certainly not worth that much. Sales are probably a little soft now that's why dealers are unhappy about the lack of lease support. Take a look at the luxury SUV market right now. Deals are plentiful at Acura, Audi, and M-B. BMW is not immune.
    I have waited to try and lease the x5 long enough. I am bailing. For the same current lease numbers I can be driving an A8. BMW is going to lose many customers b/c of the ridiculous high price to lease this truck. They lost me. Bye BMW, hello Audi!
  • niccrossniccross Member Posts: 2
    getting ready to lease a 07 BMW X5 loaded to the hilt. My first BMW.

36 months/15K a year
    Money Factor .00265
    Residual Factor 60%
    Selling price 71,750.00
    Monthly 1,188.00

Deal or no Deal? :P
    I was told my a local dealer in Southern CA that BMW released new rates. According to dealer for an X5 4.8.. MSRP of 60k., Residual at 61%, Money factor at .00210, Dowpayment including 1st month's payment at 5k... dealer said for 36 month lease with 10k miles per yr., lease would be approx. $740 per month plus tax.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Which model? MSRP? seems high.
  • niccrossniccross Member Posts: 2
    Model is a 2007 4.8 with every feature package EXCEPT rear entertainment.

MSRP is 75K
    Invoice is 68K
    What you were told is correct, chaddy75. BMW finally introduced lease support on the 2007 X5. Its new special lease money factors on it are .00225 on the X5 3.0 and .00210 on the X4 4.8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bkrietebkriete Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Can you check my calculation for a '07 X5 3.0 in TX:

MSRP: 58,045
    Selling Price $55,000
    36 month lease, 12k miles
    Residual - 60% or $34,827
    MF - .00225

Payment - $845/month
    Thanks Car Man. Do you think they will even make the money factor more attractive in the near future? They seem more do-able and more competitive w/ Audi Q7 and Mercedes GL450 but not fantastic. Especially for a loaded 4.8 X5 which I'm presuming would be closer to $900.00 on a lease. Any input would be great. Also, do you know if the lastest on the lots have the option for automatic tailgate or has that not yet been integrated?
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Only if youre LOADED and CRAZY (Like BMW)

Not a good deal.
    Hi bkriete. The money factor that you were quoted for the X5 that you are interested in is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0 is .00200 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00215 with the deposit waived. Using the buy rate and the prices that you mentioned in your post, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $741.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chaddy75. It's difficult to say what BMW will do with its future lease program for the X5. Given the fact that it just enhanced its lease program on it, I personally would expect them to go a couple of months without changing it...but like I said anything can happen. I don't know if the automatic tailgate option is available yet, but if it's not it should be soon. A lot of the X5's competition, like the M-Class has this option. You may be able to find out if it is available yet by asking around in the following discussion: "BMW X5".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • krburrellkrburrell Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I need help!! I've seen lots of number floating around. Can you please tell me what is the current buy rate, residual, and miles allowed for a 2007 X5 3.0?

Thanks,

keith
This discussion has been closed.