Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• aminoacids1aminoacids1 Member Posts: 8
    Carman,

what sort of monthly payment can get i get from a 3.0 msrp 53225 including preium and tech pacage, 1500 miles per year and 5700 out of pocket. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • twinspeedtwinspeed Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at an BMW X5, Premium Package and Sports Package in White. MSRP 54,325.00.

Offer:
    798/month incl tax
    10,000 mi/yr - 36 months
    Money Factor 2.5
    Residual 61%

Bank Fee: 825.00
    Document Fee: 45.00
    Lic. and Reg: 408.75
    First Payment: 798.00
    Total Drive Off: 2148.00

No Cap reduction.

Where can I do better with these numbers? :confuse:

Thanks, TW
    I am looking at an BMW X5, Premium Package and Technology Package in black. MSRP 53,225.00.

Offer:
    700/month incl tax
    15,000 mi/yr - 36 months
    Money Factor 2.3
    Residual 60%

Total Drive Off: 5700
    Is this a good deal? Am i getting enough options for the price
    Where can I do better with these numbers in florida?
  • samboston1samboston1 Member Posts: 1
    I have got the following offer for BMW X5 with premium and technology packages, rear entertainment and climate package

Buy offer: 55900
    $998 including tax.
    15,000 mi/yr - 24months
    Residual 68%
    Total driveoff: 3100.

Could somebody suggest, is it ok to take this deal or can I find better deal?

Thanks
    Sam
    Got great offer today.

msrp 53325
    sell price 50185
    783 inclding tax
    total drive off: 1017

Preim package & technology

thats over 3040 off msrp, however its 1130 over invoice. Is this a good deal? If think i can get better in florida, please let me know anyone.
  • twinspeedtwinspeed Member Posts: 4
    $2300 off of MSRP is the best I'e seen so far. You're getting close to the best deal I would say,.....but what di I know. :confuse:
  • fergie3fergie3 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone recommend a good Houston dealer? I have checked with a couple of dealers and not had good results. Quoted money factor of .00285 and no discount from msrp. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • sb07sb07 Member Posts: 6
    Can you advise me on the current lease rates for the X-5
    Money factor
    Residual
    for a term of 24-36 months
    $2,500 down
    thanks a bunch
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    It's funny how people like Car_man like to show their vehicle savvy by calling all SUVs "trucks". It's probably because several manufacturers build their SUVs on a re-purposed truck platform. Since BMW doesn't build a truck of any kind, it's hard to see how an X5 could correctly be referred to as a "truck" except using the most generic definition, which would make any vehicle a "truck" if it has a trunk or cargo area that could be used to "haul" stuff. I'm sure lots of farmers would love to haul their turnip crop to market in the back of an $80,000 X5 truck.
  • fliptradefliptrade Member Posts: 3
    Carman? Anyone?

Instead of sifting through all past threads, is there any website that give you updated MF and residuals for different make and model cars? Is there not an easier way to figure this out?
  • gailbnygailbny Member Posts: 2
    Local dealer says there's no loyalty rate discount available on the x5, 'cause they sell so well.
    Offer details:
    x5 base 45900
    prem. 5040
    Cold weather 900
    rear clim. 700
    Running boards 300
    ipod/usb 400
    Total = 53,025
    OFFER = 50,345 (he said a flat $1000 over invoice is their best deal on any x5 -- even custom order from factory)
    36 mos, MF 2.3 = 730.71
    plus CA tax = 790.99

I was only considering another x5 b/c I thought I'd get a better money factor. My husband was quoted the discounted MF of 1.8 ysterday on a new 535xi wagon...

Anyone else heard of no loyalty discount on the money factor on the x5 ? :cry:
    heh money factor is 2.3 here in florida. Deal doesnt sond bad depening on how mch needed from pocket. i was offered
    783 with taxes inclided, Total due at signing 1019.
  • chaddy75chaddy75 Member Posts: 48
    Anon-I find it more amusing how you constantly make a fool out of yourself by saying this senselss &**&%&*. You clearly have some NEGATIVE energy going on based on your previous messages. If you don't have anything to say that is relative to this blog than save it. Nobody cares about your nonsense. At least Car_man is nice enough to spend all this time helping everyone with their questions and concerns which is more than I can say for you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the latest lease program for the truck that you are interested in, rag3. Through July 31st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aminoacids1. In your post you mentioned that you are willing to pay $5,700 at lease signing. It actually would be in your best interest not to make any capitalized cost reduction when you lease. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in. The current MSRP of a 2007 BMW X5 3.0 with the Premium and Tech Packages is $53,325 and its dealer invoice price is $49,055. Let's assume that you are able to get it for $1,000 over invoice. According to my calculations, this would put the 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for it at around $718.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings twinspeed. The selling price that you were quoted for the X5 that you are interested in appears to be around $2,000 over dealer invoice plus the dealer is marking up BMW Financial Services' acquisition fee by $200. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this truck right now, but there is still some room there. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models lately: KarenS, "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 30 Oct 2003 6:16 am.

When you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00230.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Sam. What is the MSRP of the X5 that you are interested in? It will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given on this truck and enable me to use BMW's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, sb07. Through July 31st, BMW Financial Services buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00230 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hmmmmm, I'm not sure what I did to cause your attack, anon3. I'm not trying to be Mr. Fancy Pants and show my "vehicle savvy" by calling the X5 a truck. In its sales press release that BMW North America publishes every month it calls the X3 and the X5 "light trucks." It's just a word. I apologize if my use of the word truck offended you in some way.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fliptrade. I am not personally aware of any web sites that provide accurate lists of vehicles' current lease programs to the general public, but I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what the new July program is like for any vehicle that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gailbny. BMW Financial Services is providing a special money factor reduction for loyal customers on a number of models right now. As you mentioned in your post, unfortunately the X5 is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • xwoogiexxwoogiex Member Posts: 8
    Gailbny,
    How much was your down payment? My end price also comes around urs. I need PP & tech & the total comes around 53025.
    I'll try to match ur price. Also which CA dealer did u go to?
  • firepigfirepig Member Posts: 1
    Today the dealer offered me .00265 MF for 36months, 10,000 per year, 61%, MSRP is 52,525 and they are only willing to discount $1000. I want to build to order my preferred 07 X-5 as they do not have the vehicle in stock. How does this effect the deal and pricing? How do I get the .00230 MF? Can I lock in the .00230 thru BMW Financing? Located in so ca.
  • kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    Picked up my X5 this weekend. Details as follows;

X5 4.8
    Sport pkg with 19' wheels
    Premium pkg
    Premium sound
    Rear climate pkg
    Comfort(multi contour) seats
    Comfort access
    Running boards
    3rd row seat
    Heated front seats
    Park distance control
    Ipod USB adaptor
    Navigation
    Satellite radio
    and Dealer added BMW towing hook/pkg

MSRP before tow hook is $71,820

36 month, 12/k year, .00230, 60% residual

In addition, there was an $825 aquisition fee from BMW FS, and a $499 doc fee.

Deal was a little complicated because I rolled $2K in mileage overages, and drive off into the cap. Car was roughly $2500 off MSRP. Monthly payment (only 35) is $1134 plus tax.

A question I have for all of you is I have the 19" Michelin Lattitude HP ZP (Run flat) tires. I was offered a road hazard plan for $595 that cover the tires & wheels thru a company called Fidelity Warranty. Plan pays to replace tires & wheels up to a $5,000 lifetime maximum from road hazards. Michelin ZP's are not repairable after a flat according to michelin. Plan was $59 down and 18 equal no interest payments for balance. On my previous X5 4.4, I had at least 3 flats with Michelin Diamaris tires that cost approx $300 each to replace. Any opinions on this warranty? The Bimmer dealer says that they are a good warranty company.

thanks
    Hello firepig. Dealers are usually willing to provide better deals on vehicles that they already have in inventory than on ordered vehicles. The main reasons for this are that dealers have to pay floorplan interest on vehicles that they have on their lots. The sooner they sell a vehicle that they have in stock, the sooner they can stop paying interest on it. Also, as the old saying goes...a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Dealers would rather seal the deal on your vehicle now rather than wait and risk having you shop around some more or just change your mind between the time that you place your order and when you vehicle arrives.

I have seen community members report getting bigger discounts than $1,000 on the X5 recently. You definitely should stop by the "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" discussion to see how much others have paid for similar vehicles.

As you mentioned, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 X5 is .00230 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. If a dealer tries to use a higher factor than this to calculate your monthly payment, they are marking-up BMW FS buy rate to add additional, hidden profit to your deal. Tell this dealer that if they won't use the buy rate to calculate your payment, you will shop around to find a dealer that will.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new X5, kabbalah. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • willgurwillgur Member Posts: 3
    On a 2007 X5 4.8i with an MSRP of $62,700 what would be a reasonable "over the invoice" mark up? Is it any better for the 3.0i? I am in Northern California, and the inventory is very limited. What are the current (August and September, if available) money factors and residuals for 15K miles and 36 months lease? I am new customer to BMW FS and will probably have to pay security deposit to get a better MF.
    Hello willgur. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 4.8i with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively. You are correct, as a new BMW FS lessee you will have to pay a security deposit that's equivalent to your car's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment to take advantage of the aforementioned factor. BMW FS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your truck's factor.

As far as this vehicle's selling price goes, I am personally not all that familiar with what the market for it is like in your area. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • johnbrainjohnbrain Member Posts: 10
    Hi;

I was wondering what the pitfalls of leasing a Certified Pre-Owned is? Both Audi and BMW "market" them. I have bought many new and used cars over the years, but only leased one new car. I did pretty well but have always thought of leases for New cars.

I am thinking of an X5.
  • lextons1223lextons1223 Member Posts: 2
    I went to the dealer today and I got this quote and let me know if this is a good price. I paid them $1000 deposit for the car to be build and ready in 3 month.

Car includes: premium, technology pack, 3rd row seat, climate, and running board.

Total: $55950
    lease: 36 month
    milage: 12000/month
    cap reduction: $1200
    MF: .0027
    Res Factor :60%
    drive off lease : $7664
    monthly payment :$ $824 (not include tax)

I am returning a leased X5 and have to pay around $3800 for over mileage, which it is included in the monthly payment too.

Please can seome expert give me some good advice what to do and am I getting a fair deal? what is the avg monthly payment.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi johnbrain. The main problem that I have with leasing CPO vehicles is that manufacturers usually provide much less lease support on them then they provide on new vehicles. As a result, it often turns out that a lease of a Pre-Owned vehicle is often not much less expensive than a lease of a similar brand new vehicle. Always make sure to get a price quote on a new version of any CPO vehicle that you are considering leasing to make sure that going with the used vehicle is actually substantially cheaper. If it is, great go for it. If it's not then just finance or pay cash for the used vehicle or go with a lease of a new one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lextons1223. The money factor that you were quoted for this lease is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X5 is currently only .00230 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing (the deposit is waived for free for returning lessees). It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time with BMW dealers, but it can often be avoided by consumers who shop around or negotiate further.

In your post you mentioned a price of $55,950. Is this the selling price of the X5 that you are interested in? If so, what is its MSRP. I need to see the difference between the two to see how much of a discount you are being given. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • lextons1223lextons1223 Member Posts: 2
    The car i'm interest in is $56,500 MSRP, they are willing to knock it down to $55,950.

Does the MF apply to the 2008 BMW? or different?

The only concern is for me currently is that the dealer swiped $1000 from my credit card for deposit of the 2008 custom vehicle. But I have no sign anything but just the receipt of credit card. I am feeling that they are trying to force me into buying a much higher cost vehicle. Please advise me of some possiblity of what to do and how to negotiate of a better rate. Thx again.
  • prove051prove051 Member Posts: 1
    For 2008 X5 in October, MF went up to .00275 while residuals (60% with 12K p/year for 36 month)stayed same as 07's.
    As far as cost of the car, 08 has free panorama sunroof and wood before you even select Premium package. Premium went down by $1300 so if you were to get premium package or wanted sunroof, you are saving $1300 just right there.
    Leasing doesnt get much support from BMW financial though.
  • ramysharaframysharaf Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. First I want to thank everyone who posts here. It was such help to educate myself before leasing my new X5. I just wanted to through my deal up here and see if I got a good deal or not so here we go:

2007 BMW X5 4.8i
    Active Vent Seat Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Sport Package (20" Wheels)
    Technology Package
    Active Steering
    Comfort Access System
    Running Boards
    Rear Manual Side Window Shades
    Heated Rear Seats
    Rear Seat Entertainment
    IPOD / USB Adapter
    Head Up Display

*Pretty much all the options with the exception of third row seating.

MSRP: 77275
    Negotiated Purchase Price: 73238.00
    36 Month Lease with 15,000 miles per year
    $1,130 Month
    Inception Fees:
    - $1130.00 First Month
    - $407.52 Cap Cost Reduction
    - $28.53 Sales Tax on Cap Cost Reduction
    - $1150.00 Security Deposit
    - $20.00 Title Fees
    - $239.50 Registration Fee
    - $625.00 Acquisition Fee
    - $256.50 NJ TIRE & RED/DOC FEE
    - $292.25 SUPP TITLING FEE

***Total at signing was $4150.00

So to recap $4150 at signing $1130 per month on 15k / 36 months. Did I get ripped off?????
  • hefnerhefner Member Posts: 1
    Car_man! sorry for replying to another's question to get to you but I have yet to figure out how to post to the forum!?! I also sent this by email directly to you but in case that is incorrect here is my question:

I wish to order an '08 X5 - list is $67M and change. Dealer is quoting a .00310 factor while acknowledging that the '07 factor is .00230 as you reported. That's a whale of a difference - so my questions are: 1) do you think the factor will come down soon after the '08's hit the street - mine would be a Dec. 1st deliver or 2) is there a way for me to get the factor down a this time and 3) is the factor strictly in the control of the dealer (and therefore he is looking at a big profit on this vehicle) or is the base factor set by BMW?

The deal quoted is 2% discount 36 mo @ .00310 or $1023.96 per month (MSRP on this deal was $62175) with 58%.

Thoughts?!?
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    hugh.....To post to this forum, first you have to join it. In the upper left area you'll see a green link that says JOIN. Click it and follow the instructions. Then when you want to post in the future, just sign in and you'll see a box at the bottom of the page where you can enter your comments. If you want to reply to a previous post, click on Reply to the right of the subject line for that post. Then click on Logout up at the top right when you're done. If you want to change what you've said, or add something more, you have about 15 minutes to click on Edit to the right of the subject line of your post to make changes.

You say "list is $67M and change" and then say (MSRP on this deal was $62175). "List" is usually MSRP. Is the dealer increasing the price $5,000 over MSRP? What is the negotiated selling price/capitalized cost?

The base MF is set by BMW, but the dealer can jack that up to make the spread more profitable to the dealer.

Don't know about the other questions.
  • rootbeer1rootbeer1 Member Posts: 2
    We currently are leasing a 2005 X5 3.0 (Our lease ends in six months). Our credit score is in the very high 700. We have made all our payments in time. We are so happy with this car that we would now want to lease a 2007 X5 4.8. We have done all our research on this vehicle and have a Edmond's TMV Pricing Report on it as well. My question to you is:
    A) Does it matter that we have an excellent credit score when leasing a vehicle? Should it help us get a better interest rate (money factor)?
    B) Because we are currently leasing a BMW and would like to lease another one, does BMW have some kind of a "loyalty program" that should help us get a better deal?
    C) Do we get the "residual value" of the car from the dealer and can he lie to us about that? What about the money factor?

Thanks! ;)
    Hi lextons1223. BMW Financial Services' new November buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 BMW X5 3.0 is .00275.

Certainly aren't being given much of a discount on your X5. I have seen community members report getting bigger discounts than this. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience". The fact that you have already given the dealer a $1,000 deposit certainly will not help your bargaining position any. The dealer will feel as though it has leverage over you because you will not want to walk away from this deal and risk losing your deposit even if it was supposedly refundable.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you've found this discussion so helpful, ramysharaf. Wow, you certainly are getting an expensive X5. I estimate that this truck probably has a spread of a little over $6,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $4,000 discount that you were given isn't bad. Do you know what money factor was used to calculate your monthly payment? As long as the dealer didn't mark up BMW FS' buy rate for your lease, I'd say that this is a pretty good deal for this particular vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hefner. Vehicles' buy rate lease money factors are set by banks, not dealers. Having said this, dealers often have the authority to mark-up banks' buy rates to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. BMW dealers are notorious for doing this. The .00310 lease money factor that you were quoted for the 2008 X5 that you are interested in is too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 X5 is only .00275 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this factor to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings rootbeer1. BMW Financial Services' uses a pass / fail system to determine whether consumers can lease vehicles through it. This means that the only benefit that you will derive from your solid credit score is the ability to lease through BMW FS.

BMW is running a loyalty program that provides enhanced special lease money factors to current lessees on certain models right now. Unfortunately, the X5 is not one of them.

Vehicles' residual values are basically set in stone and individual dealers do not have the ability to alter them. However, dealers can mark-up vehicles' money factors to add hidden profit to deals. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 4.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses these numbers to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    Car_man,

Thank you for all the information you provide.

I leased a 2006 X5 in June of 2006. It is a three year lease. I am thinking about getting a newer X5 (2007 or 2008) before my lease is up.

The reason for this is to get more options such as a trailor hitch and naviagtion without having to spend $2000 or so to acquire these options, only to lose this money when I turn the vehicle in.

My questions are:

What should I be concerned with (and know about) canceling a lease early even though I want to re-lease from the same dealer?

Does it affect my credit rating?

If I were to go ahead and pay to have the options installed and thereby raise the value of the car, how can this benefit me. Would it only benefit me if I were to buy the car at the lease's end or are there other benefits?

Thanks in advance
  • slailorslailor Member Posts: 5
    I have multiple SDs on 530 and lease is almost up. Does anyone know how long it takes after turn-in to get back the security deposits?
    Thanks
  • nspagsnspags Member Posts: 2
    Quoted to me on a 2008 X5 3.0

Monthly payment - $788 (including 7% nj tax)
    Initial Payment - $2212
    MSRP - $51,625
    Selling Price - $49,125 ($2500 off MSRP)
    Money factor - 00275
    Resdiual Value - $30,975

When I calculated the payment with the above numbers I come up with bet 771-778. I know its not a big difference but hey...

Also there's a $825 BMW bank fee, is this negotiable? I saw the same number from someone else.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The base acquisition fee is $625. They are marking it up the maximum allowable amount.

Where is the acquisition fee accounted for? In the upfront payment? If not, it would be added to the CAP cost, which could account for your discrepancy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nspagsnspags Member Posts: 2
    Acquisition is lumped into my upfront costs. This $2212 initial payment includes the first month's payment ($788), 3 year NJ motor vehicle ($350), BMW's bank fee ($825), and our dealer document fee ($249).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Then... unless you are a returning lessee, there is a .00015 waiver bump in the MF, for not making a security deposit... Which moves the money factor up to .00290

If that isn't it, then I give up.. ;)

Keep in mind.. I haven't run your numbers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    Sorry, but I'm posting this message again to see if anybody may have some information/ideas for me.

I leased a 2006 X5 in June of 2006. It is a three year lease. I am thinking about getting a newer X5 (2007 or 2008) before my lease is up.

The reason for this is to get more options such as a trailor hitch and naviagtion without having to spend $2000 or so to pay for these options now, only to lose this money when I turn the vehicle in.

My questions are:

What should I be concerned with (and know about) canceling a lease early even though I want to re-lease from the same dealer? Do they give you a break on any early termination fees?

Does it affect my credit rating?

If I were to go ahead and pay to have these options installed and thereby raise the value of the car, how can this benefit me. Would it only benefit me if I were to buy the car at the lease's end or are there other benefits?

Thanks in advance
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    milti.....you should get rid of your current lease by having someone assume it. then you don't have to worry about early termination fees, credit, etc. Go to www.swapalease.com and sign up for their service.

I just picked up a great deal on a 2005 X5 about a month ago through them. You can have someone officially assume your lease through BMW FS (back in Hilliard, Ohio) and you're off the hook. The paperwork takes a couple weeks, but it's the answer. Then you can go get the new vehicle you want. BMW told me they do hundreds of these deals. As we used to say back in Montana when I was a kid...."It's slicker than snot on a doorknob."

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.