Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• frugalscfrugalsc Member Posts: 24
    thanks..eights38

it would be great if you can provide some help in getting a better deal....

my only reservation now is leg room on their 3rd row...i have two kids (3 yrs old & 4 months), so i need a third row...3 yrs old and 4 months...any input on leg room on their 3rd row is also much appreciated...
  • jbwischjbwisch Member Posts: 3
    I have 50 days left on my lease of a 2006 M3. The lease is paid up. I'm looking to lease a 2008 X5. Is there benefit or trade-in value to the old car? The dealer inspected it an put a trade-in value of $40K on it. How does that figure exactly in calculating the lease on the X5? This is my first lease to turn over.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    jbwisch - What is the buy-out on your current M3? If the buy-out is lower than the $40k trade-in value, you are in the money and could receive some benefit on your new 2008 X5 lease. During the course of the past few months, BMW has enhanced the money factor on select models for returning BMW customers. In the past, the only benefit was the disposition fee of $350 was waived.

If you need more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • jbwischjbwisch Member Posts: 3
    eights38: Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is the "buy out"? I don't owe anything on the lease. If that means the cost to purchase the car at the end of the lease, I'd have to check. The residual value was $42054. Thanks for your help.
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    Thank you. :D
    You are right, and so now I am looking into the 328xi.
  • elisa4elisa4 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me if this is a good deal? It's the last '07 on the lot.

Includes: Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Tech Pkg., Cold Weather, Rear Climate, Heated rear seats, sunshades, 3rd row, iPod adapter

MSRP 66,125
    Cap Cost (with dealer cap cost reduction) 58,644

Residual 58%

Rate .00230

36 mos. 45k miles

$857.55 including PA tax + lease tax (total 9%)

$900 security, no cap reduction of my own

Thank you for your advice.
  • houston777houston777 Member Posts: 13
    Brentslu..Did you find any good deal in Hosuton....I'm in the same boat...Looking for X5 3.0 ....36 month lease.... 15k.....I live in Houston....Do you mind posting your findings.....Thanks
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a new 2008 X5. I'm considering the 3.0 and the 4.8. Does anyone know the buy rate on the MF for both models as well as the residual percentage from BMW? This is for Hawaii.
  • ajdrew23ajdrew23 Member Posts: 1
    just got back from dealership in Long Island. Here is the deal they gave me: '08 3.0si w/ technology, premium, & cold weather packages, running boards, sat radio and auto tailgate. 12k miles and 36 mos. $1662 out the door (1st month and security only), taxes and bank fee ($625) all rolled in, 60% residual and 2.55 int rate (is this the same as .0025 money factor?), 8.25% tax rate in LI, $54,200 msrp, negotiated to $52,500, $868 month. thoughts?
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    Lease Rates for 15K miles; add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K/year.
    To get int rate multiiply MF by 2400. Note these were the rates for Jan but most likely have continued for Feb.
    2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00270 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00270 Base
  • brentslubrentslu Member Posts: 5
    I found mine in Dallas and drove up to get it.. I was in Momentum on 59 a few days back and they had the exact car I bought on the show room floor. I would assume they would give you a very similar deal.
    brentslu...Thanks for your reply.....So you got X5 4.8 not X53.0....
    I'm waiting to see whether i'll get better money factor because of fed interest cut...
    any thought guys ??
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    Looking for an 08, X5, 3.0 lease in NJ with Premium, Tech, 3rd row and Cold Weather package. Any suggestions? Has anyone gotten close to invoice? So far I've gotten MSRP, 60% res, .0027 MF.
    kitkat14 - What dealer have you been working with? I have helped several friends get great deals on X5s in northern NJ. Please email me if you need more help.
  • rezfrezf Member Posts: 29
    Here are the numbers:
    MSRP: $73,320.00
    Sale price (Cap Cost): $68,006.33
    Car will be built in two weeks and be here in mid March (I custom ordered it)
    36months/15k per year: $1101 + tax per month
    total out of pocket fees: $2000 (see below for breakdown)
    Security fee is waived since I am a current BMW financial customer

I insisted on doing the deal at $500 over invoice, but I have noticed some miscellaneous fees which make up the $2000. These are title fees $201, processing fee $295, Acq Fee $685, MACO fee $200, Training fee $180, and $439 is put towards down payment.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

thanks
    RezF
    Please see February's lease rates for 15k miles per year. Add 2% to the residual for 12k miles per year and 3% to the residual for 10k miles per year. Notice the improved money factor.

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00255 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00255 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4WD SUV
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00255 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 32% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate

If anyone needs any help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • a8175a8175 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I ordered my x5 3.0 in december with lease loyalty. I order with tech package,nevada leather tabacco,heated front seats and running boards.MSRP is 51,525.00. I got sales price 48,382.05 and dealer told me that invoice is 47420.00.My car is at dealership and I will be picking it up near end of month when I turn in my x3. My monthly lease rate is 620.00 a month. I will pay 3291.51 for sales tax,acq. fee and 1st month payment.I just would like to know if rates possibly came down and if you think I got a good deal. Dealer tells me if rate did come down I would get that rate.O yea 12000 miles a year. Thanks
  • baller2011baller2011 Member Posts: 7
    I was wondering if this was a good deal, they are giving $2000 at drive off with $760 includes tax a month for 36 month, 12k, The MSRP is $52,025, and the selling price is $49,700. The car has premium and technology package X5 3.0si. I am also a bmw owner right and my lease is up end of this month. What lease should of be getting. I am located in southern california.
    What dealership did you go to? Can I get owner loyalty money factor, my lease is up end of this month?
  • knokno Member Posts: 7
    Hi again, baller2011.

I answered the dealership question in the other post (Shelly BMW), but as far as OLP goes, I think the rate was only good in December. I kind of speculated that the December OLP would get canceled come the new year, so back then I locked in the rate for 90 days (typical lock in time frame for an OLP rate) and placed my order. Consequently, I had to take delivery of the new X5 before April, even though my lease ends April 15. Small price to pay because the OLP discount drops my monthly payment by around $80.
    Thanks kno. Shelly BMW told me they will match the rate, that you got, I told my friend got this rate, can you match they said yes, come in will see what happens. You got a great deal.
  • knokno Member Posts: 7
    That's great! I hope they give you the same or better deal than I got. I can't tell you the sales agents name on this site (site rules), but I did go through the internet department and the guy I'm working with has been great! 750 over invoice or even better should be totally do-able for you. I'm imagining that with the coming of the new X6, along with the upcoming diesel model in the fall, sales on the X5 might be sluggish.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey everyone. Just a quick note to let you know that BMW did not continue its January lease money factors for the month of February. It actually improved the buy rate for the 2008 X5 slightly to .00255.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kitkat14. There's lots of competition in New Jersey, so you should be able to get a pretty good deal on the X5 that you're interested in. If I was in the market for one in your area, I would comparison shop with a few dealers, aiming for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice. Make sure to stop by the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate for the '08 X5 3.0 is .00255. Make sure that the dealer that you choose uses that rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi RezF. $500 over dealer invoice is a good price for this vehicle, even if it does include a few fees. This is especially true on one that was custom ordered rather than just picked out of dealer inventory. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00255 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome a8175. The selling price that you were quoted looks reasonable to me, especially given the fact that you ordered your X5 rather than just taking one that the dealer had in inventory.

BMW's lease program for the 2008 X5 is definitely better today than it was back in February. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 X5 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00255 and 58%, respectively for returning BMW FS lessees or new customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this new money factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey baller2011. The X5 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,300 discount that you were quoted is probably equivalent to around $1,600 over invoice. That isn't too bad, but there is enough room there that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little more if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Have you tried stopping by the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately? Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, make sure that the dealer that gives it to you uses BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00255 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • ilovedogsilovedogs Member Posts: 11
    FYI, BMW has cash incentive on X5's till end of February on GROUND units only. Must be financed or leased through BMWFS. Have been told this is $2,500.
    Hi ilovedogs,

Thanks for that great info of $2500 for ground units...I'm looking for 2008 X5 3.0...and asked a dealer to give money factor .00255....below is his response....

"the only way you would get the 00255 money fact is if you're currently in a BMW LEASE or Financial Contract or with 15% at signing.If not within those guideline's Money Factor .00310"

Is that true.....

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi eights38,

Got a quick question..

Is this for New customers also....The dealer is saying this is only for current BMW customer....Is that true. ???

Thanks In Advance
    houston777 - That was the lease program at the beginning of the month. I recently heard about the $2,500 incentive, but have not confirmed it with any dealers. If BMW released an interim incentive, they could have altered the money factor and increased the incentive. Let me confirm with a friend tomorrow. If I don't get back to you, please feel free to email me.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Dealer is FOS.
  • jgavjgav Member Posts: 12
    I was looking into leasing a X5 3.0si , I was going to put down the tax and fees. I want the space gray, navigation, premium, cold weather and was going to ask what everyones thoughts were on the sport package. I was hoping to get the 36mos lease for around 700.00.month I am coming out of a BMW lease already. Does this price seem like it could happen? any insight would be greatly appreciated. The one dealer i spoke with said to wait till march that there may be a incentive deal....not sure. Thank you in advance. Jim
    Hi All,

I got My X5 3.0 Yesterday.
    Lease 36 month 15 K
    Color Ext : Silver
    Interior : Black
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    3rd Row
    Satellite Radio

Money factor .00295
    I got $1500 over Invoice And also I got $2500 BMW Incentive.
    What dealer told me is to get $2500 BMW Incentive the car should be delivered to dealership before Feb 15th.

This forum was great ....i got lot of info I needed for this purchase ..Thank you guys
  • jgavjgav Member Posts: 12
    This blog has helped me in making my final decisions on a 2008 X5si so i wanted to share my experience. I live on Long Island NY.. leased a 2008 X5si. yesterday. premium, sport, technology package, rear climate, running boards. 12K miles a year. 36mos. When i first spoke to the salesman I explained i was just looking and it would take a real good deal to make me sign. His first monthly price with taxes title and acquisition was 769.00. I told him it was too high and started to leave, he said wait and came back with a price of 744.00. after I told him I still wanted to think about it I. actually left and he came out to the parking lot to get me and said he would give it to me for 725.00. I agreed and now take delivery thursday. I thought it was a great deal with the options. Some stipulations were: I am a previous bmw owner(owner loyalty) which only waives the 500 security deposit. BMW is also running a deal till the end of this month on in stock X5's with a reduction of 2,500. I couldn't have gotten this deal if i ordered one. ( i tried after the fact and he said he couldn't) I am about 4,100 out of pocket including the first payment. Hope this helps. any questions JEGJR74@aol.com Jim
  • ckm1515ckm1515 Member Posts: 52
    Apparently you missed a very important point on this forum....LRF mark up. You got hosed on the rate. Dealer marked up the LRF of .000255 by the allowable .00004 which probably added an additional $30 bucks to your monthly nut!
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    Hi! How was the $2500 incentive factored in the cap cost? Does that mean your actual price was $1000 BELOW invoice? Please clear this up. Thanks.
    Hi...Yes that's right I got $1000.00 below Invoice.

Final price = $Invoice price + $1500 - $2500 + Tax
    My lease ends 4/23/08 for my 2005 X5 3.0. How can I tell if the vehicle is worth more than the stated residual value (58%) in the lease contract that it becomes "positve equity." If so, does it become a "trade in?" Thanks for any advice, please.

Any info on money factor and residual value for March 2008 for 2008 X5 3.0?

This is my first experience at the "end of lease" scenario. I know what option I want and that is to get a new 2008 X5 3.0. I am about to schedule the inspection at my bmw center. Should I apply now for financing a new lease with BMW FS which is my current leasing company? Will I get a break for being a returning customer?
    Chances are the residual is not going to be lower than what the car is worth; however, at lease end you are under no obligation to purchase the resdiual, you can just walk away from the lease. If you want to "trade-in" you would have to buy the car at the residual price from BMWFS and then trade the car in towards a new one.

Residuals have not changed, but money factor for March is 0.00210.

There are advantages to applying for a new lease with BMWFS, because as a returning customer they waive the Disposition fee on your current vehicle and also waive the security deposit on your next BMW.
    There are owner loyalty programs on select BMWs (not X5, but 3 series and 5 series and 7 series) so you would also get a break there
    Rezf...thank you for the comments and suggestions. Do you think the money factor will be even less for April when I'm ready to get another lease? I'm looking to lease a 2008 X5 3.0. Anyone have comments on the optional packages?
  • 3rdgin3rdgin Member Posts: 22
    rezf...thanks for the heads up on the money factor. Told my salesman about it and lowered my lease payments by about 30+/mo.

manny...I ordered my X5 last month with the factor of .00255. I told the salesman that if they had a pull ahead program and/or any other incentive/rebate/factor that was better then I wanted it (they were buying my lease out 3 mos. early). They agreed. Picking up the car today.
    Manny,
    You can put an application for the lease. This will lock you the rate and is good for 30 days, maybe even 60 days so check with dealer. If by April, the rates are lowered, the dealer should honor you the newer rate if it is lower.
    I got mine FULLY loaded with every option possible, except 3rd row seats and rear entertainment. The only option that I feel you should NOT overlook is Active Steering. I never would have considered Active Steering, had it not been on my car already as I had the impression it made the drive feel artificial. FAR FROM IT! It is a must for this veicle. A breeze to navigate in tight spots and parking lots and at highway speeds, it becomes linear like a conventional steering feel.
  • drmydrmy Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I am returning my leased 2005 x3 at the end of this month. I am looking at a 2008 x5: dk green, tobacco interior, cold weather package, ipod adapter, rear entertainment system, mats, msrp 51125, invoice price 47500, quoted sale price 48994, acq fee 625, mf .00210, zero down- I was told for all fees and 1st mo I would have to pay 1745.25, monthly payments $710 for 12k, 36 months.The residual is 60%

Also, as an aside, I think I might buy this car at the end of the lease. Does this make sense to do?

Is that a good deal?

We live in Mass.

Thanks!
    Hi jgav. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful. Congratulations on getting your new X5. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your new lease with everyone. Don't forget to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drmy. The selling price that you were quoted is $1,500 over invoice. That's not bad, but there might be a couple hundred more dollars to play with there. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this model. This looks like a very fair deal to me. Whether it makes sense to purchase this X5 at the end of your lease will depend upon what its purchase option price is compared to its real world value at that time.

Car_man
    Host
  • newtoleasenewtolease Member Posts: 1
    Hi.
    I am kind of new to leasing and this forum has been great. I have a x5 lease that expires on 5-31 and I am now looking at leasing a 2008 x5 . I saw in the paper an advertised special 24 mos. 10k $3800 down and payment of $468month. I assume it is for the base model (which I don't mind). Is this sound like a good deal ? Or a good point to start from in regards to negotiating? Before I go meet with the sales dept. I would like to have an idea of what to expect

Thank you for your help and beaing with me on what some may think is a simple question.... I just hate the car buying process
    Hi! I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat...finishing up my lease 4/23/08. This site is helpful so if you have not checked out the prior entries, do so. Also check out leaseguide.com. The hosts of this thread are cool.

I'm also looking to lease an X5 3.0 monaco blue with sports package. Anyone out there know or may anticipate the residual and money factor for April, 2008?
  • topgun26topgun26 Member Posts: 16
    Hey these are 2 offers i have received on x5 3.0 and 4.8:
    X5 3.0- msrp 61,075
    36month/12k, $0 down, taxes in payment(nassau county, NY)= $899
    X5 4.8i- msrp 68,675
    36month/12k, $0 down, taxes in payment(nassau county, ny)= $1,023
    -Any thoughts? thanx!
    not much of a deal on either one. I'd say they are discounting the car maybe $1000 tops. You should be able to get at leat $3000 off MSRP and work the lease that way
This discussion has been closed.