Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• rezfrezf Member Posts: 29
    This site, from my understanding, is to share buying experiences and consult on lease numbers. I think you may find a wealth of information on x5world.com. Try your query there
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Hi, x5me....

Try this discussion: BMW X5 Maintenance and Repair

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    I think my car salesman is trying to clean me out. To think that this is going to be my 3rd BMW purchased from him. Please help. X5 3.0si agreed price is $1,250 over invoice. I want to lease for 3 years 15,000 miles per year. He is presenting me an offer of money factor .0025, residual 58%, and acq fee $875. There is no down payment and monthly is $889.40 (taxes included---Cook County, Illinois 7.75%). At pickup, need to pay $1197.40.

I have followed this thread. I have seen MF to be .0021 and residual from 58-60%. Any comments? I countered with MF .0021 and residual 58%. Do the numbers make sense?

For 3 years 12,000 miles/year he offered MF .0025 and residual 60%.

I will truly, truly appreciate anyone's thoughts.
  • nj_bmw_byernj_bmw_byer Member Posts: 17
    2008 X5
    MSRP 54,125
    CCP 50,767

Options:
    Pre Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    R Cli Pkg
    Auto Tailgate
    IPOD
    Runningboards

36/12 - no money down

722.00 including tax

1800.00 inceptions.

I know they hosed me in inceptions, but I was so tired of complaining and arguing I just gave in. The car isn't delivered yet. Is this a decent lease and if not when the car arrives can I still cancel out of it.

Thanks
  • nj_bmw_byernj_bmw_byer Member Posts: 17
    I just learned that BMW is giving away the premium pkg. so now my lease is with all the before mentioned options:

690.00 per month including taxes 36/12 zero down
  • doctorleodoctorleo Member Posts: 2
    Giving away the premium package???? Does that mean $2500 big ones off vehicles already equipped with this very necessary option? I'm in los angeles and have about 10 dealerships competing for my business, would I be better off using the end of the month negotiating benefits or the potential for new lease deals (ie. improved MF of loyalty program people) that may come May1st?
  • gunnerintxgunnerintx Member Posts: 1
    We have a 3 series sedan which we like a lot, so much in fact we want to upgrade early. We are 1 year into a 3 year lease. Does anyone have an opinion on if this is possible and if so, am I going to take a bath to get into an X5?

Thanks in advance
  • psylencepsylence Member Posts: 3
    Coming off a 3 year lease from being a loyal infiniti buyer. Currently have the M45 sport previously had an FX35. Things are looking on the up and up and am now able to afford my 3rd bimmer. i was at open road BMW in NJ. the sales guy was giving me the following deal.

X5 4.8I
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Technology Package
    White on Black

5,672 down ($800 of which is returnable security) $800 a month

I was willing to pay up front too and he gave me no money down and $811 month total equaling $26,763 +tax +title +destination fees.

Am i getting a good deal or am i getting Jacked? This would be a build to order situation.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    HI mannydom. The selling price that you were quoted for the X5 that you are interested in, $1,250 over invoice, sounds reasonable to me, but you're right...the money factor is a little high. As you have read, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 X5 3.0si is .00210 for returning BMW FS lessees. The dealer is trying to make a little extra back-end money on your deal by marking up your money factor. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Car_man. If he stands his ground and insists on .00250 MF, do I have any other option besides accepting the deal or walking away?
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    What are May/2008 MF and residuals for BMW X5 3.0 and 4.8
    for 12,000 miles, 15,000 miles.
    (I have BMW 535i with BMW FS.)
    Also, how would multiple deposits reduce MF?
    Finally, what is reasonable amount above invoice?
    (BMW 535I recent lease was invoice +$800.)
    Given BMW high MFs for X5, any suggestions on other SUVs to review with better leases?
    Anyone any ideas on getting lowest price for X5?
    Not sure why they aren't cheaper, given economy and poor mileage...
    Does 3.0 have enough pickup?
    My wife is considering BMW X5.
    I have BMW 535i and have mixed feelings, but I did get reasonable deal.
    I'm also in Los Angeles. Would you be kind enough to advise what kind of deals you are being offered on X5?
    Thank you so much for your help.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Member Posts: 16
    I'm in NY. I should have pulled the trigger in April, because May numbers are awful:
    On a 36mo/10K lease, the residual went from 61% to 56%. The MF went from .0021 to .0025. This alone raises the price at least $100/mo (I didn't get a firm number, since I was in shock). I don't know what a reasonable price over invoice or discount off list is right now, but obviously BMW isn't that anxious to move these cars.
    You're welcome, mannydom. If the dealer that you are working with insists upon marking up your vehicle's money factor there isn't much that you can do to get them not to other than threatening to or actually going to a competing dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asteinberg. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 53%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 X5 4.8 are .00225 and 55%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values will be 2% higher.

As far as multiple security deposits go, each additional deposit that you make after the first (unless it is waived because you are a returning BMW FS lessee) will reduce these trucks' money factors by .00007. You can make up to a maximum of seven additional deposits for a total money factor reduction of .00049.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the X5 right now, but you may be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for one by visiting the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • massuda85255massuda85255 Member Posts: 2
    HI,
    Anybody knows when we should expect new lease pull ahead program?

Thanks
  • mets86mets86 Member Posts: 12
    I'm picking up my new leased '08 X5 later today. This is my 2nd consecutive X5 lease. I just got a phone call from the dealership and they're trying to sell me two new features that according to them, were not available when I leased my 2003 X5. The first is for excess wear and tear at the end of the lease. It acts like a "mini" insurance plan for damage to the car at the end of the lease. I pay $600 up front and it covers me for up to $2,500 costs for excess wear and tear. It also has a $100 deductible.
    The second is for the tires. I $589 up front, it covers me if I have to replace a damaged tire at anytime during the lease for damage (pothole, nail, etc). It covers any amount of tires that would need to be replaced. Does anyone know of these options? Are they worth buying or are they another way to get ripped off? Any input would be great. Thanks.
  • rrusso1rrusso1 Member Posts: 23
    The tire option could be something to think about. Since the X5 has run flats the cost of replacing a tire can be very expensive. I took the tire policy on my 2008 X5 because I was told it not only covered the tires but also the rims. Considering the high cost of the rims and the high cost of the tires if you have to replace one of each during your lease it would probably pay for itself. Check to see if the policy also covers the rims.
    I had the excess wear and tear on my last X5 and collected $400 for damages to the car. My policy had no deductible and was extremely easy to collect on. Once BMW inspected the car and assessed my security deposit for the damage I sent the paperwork to the insurance company and they reimbursed me with no questions asked. I hope this helps you.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know these yet?

I'm looking for the numbers for an X5 3.0, 36 months, 10K/year. (NY area, if that matters.)

Any other specials such as the premium credit? Seems like this was added after the beginning of the month last month (and in April).
    I sure do, hachee2001. BMW Financial Services' new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00240 and 56%, respectively. The $1,595 dealer credit for a free Premium Package is still available on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • pt838pt838 Member Posts: 16
    Yes, hachee2001, those are the numbers. I also in the NY area and just leased an 08 X5% 3.0, 36 months, 12K/year and got a pretty good deal. Go for it!
  • ckm1515ckm1515 Member Posts: 52
    2008 X5 3.0
    Alpine White/Tobacco/Dark Bamboo
    Premium Package/Rear Climate/Heated Front Seats/IPOD/Park Distance/Running Boards
    36 Month/15K lease

MSRP $52,675
    Selling Price $47,390
    Taxes $1,771.01
    Total Cap Cost $ 49,161.07
    Total Upfront $2,100.75
    Residual 53%
    LRF of .00215

Monthly payment of 755.81

Any thoughts?

I was quoted a PP dealer credit of $2,505
  • postermikepostermike Member Posts: 28
    I'm just checking out the X5 so I have no specific vehcile in sight but I don't see any recent postings about 24 months so here goes.

2008 X5 3.0i
    24 Month Lease at 10k/yr.
    Returning BMW FS customer
    Money Factor?
    Residual?

Also, on my current lease I paid the entire lease up front and never really got a sense of how much that saved me (if any). With BMW, what are the advantages (cost) of paying up front?

Thanks,
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    what are the advantages (cost) of paying up front?

It would seem that you are entitled to a refund of the interest you would have paid had you elected to make all the payments on time. Anyone know for sure?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Generally, BMWFS pre-paid leases get a .0008 reduction in the money factor vs. a normal lease.. However, that deduction is only from the standard lease rate.. If the rates are subvented, then the reduction may be smaller or none at all...

Example:
    Assume standard lease rate is .0028, and no subvented rates are available. The prepaid lease is figured with a discounted rate of .0020, just as if you were making the payments monthly.. then, the total of payments is added to get the pre-paid amount.... On a typical 36 month X5 lease, this might save you around $2000-$2500 in finance charges...

However, the X5 usually has a somewhat subvented lease rate... so, the savings would probably be lower than that, in a real-world example. For example.. right now the X5 has a MF of .0024, while the standard BMWFS rate is .00263.. The rate for a pre-paid lease would be .00183.. Making the savings about 2/3 of the generic example above...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you! That's very helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • postermikepostermike Member Posts: 28
    Thanks. Since I always do 2 year leases, I'm sure it would be a bit less. However the savings would be much more than I'm making in interest from the bank and, even in investments these days.

Any numbers (residual % and mf) for a 2 year lease on a 3.0 in Atlanta, GA?
    .0024 and 63% for 15K/yr.. 24 month

Add 2% for 12K
    Add 3% for 10K

There may be some dealer incentives or lower MFs for returning BMWFS customers, but I'm not certain what those might be...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

.00025 MF reduction for returning customers which equates to .00215. I should know, that is what I got.
  • innajlinnajl Member Posts: 4
    I need an advice on 2 vs 3 years lease. I was leaning toward 3 years but then someone brought up the fact that I might have to replace tires. On the other hand the lease price will go up in 2 years, and having it for 3 years would let me pay less for one extra year.
    So what do people think ? It seems like 3 years is the most popular option for this forum members.
    Hi innajl. I personally almost always go with 36 month leases instead of 24 month leases, unless the manufacturer has some sort of special promotion that makes the 2 year lease more attractive...which BMW does not right now. Your monthly payment will be much more attractive on a 3 year lease of this truck. As far as the tires go, just make sure to have them rotated on a regular basis and there's a good chance that you won't have to replace them, provided your mileage is not outrageous.

Car_man
    Host
  • lamark72lamark72 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if the "option credit" for the premium package is still available?

What's the money factor and residual value for 36M/12K lease on X5?

Thanks
    I don't know about it for the month of July but through June, PP option credit of $2,505 was still in play as was OLP discount of .00025. I should know, as that is what I rec'd and am schedule to have my vehicle by mid July.

I believe the resid on a 36M/12K lease was 55% as of June 08
  • pelucidorpelucidor Member Posts: 2
    My first post here.

I have been thinking about a loaded X5 3.0 for the last two days after a wonderful test-drive on Monday night. Car will have to be built to order: Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, 3rd Row Seat, Rear Entertainment, Auto Tailgate, iPod/USB Connection, Running Boards, Comfort Access. Color is Monaco/Sand/Walnut. The MSRP is $59875, and I am trying to get to $56025 which is $1000 over invoice.

Today two different dealers confirmed that the Premium Package Option Credit is still available until September 2nd. The only change to this incentive is that now you actually have to have Premium Package on your X5 - last month the dealer got the credit even if the car didn't have the package. Value of Option Credit is still $2505, which means my target price is really $1500 below invoice.

Money factor for July and August is 0.0024 if you are not an existing BMWFS customer (I am coming from a Lexus GX470). Residual for 15k miles per year for 36 months stays at 53%.

The first of 7 dealerships I phoned today offered me $825 + tax per month with no cap cost reduction and for 36 month/15k miles (up front cost of $2600 or so including Security Deposit and first months payment). A little haggling and another $5 came off plus floor mats and possibly a cargo mat thrown in.

So at $820 per month (plus PA taxes of 9%) I think I have a good deal which is quite close to invoice before the Option Credit kicks in - other dealers have not been able to match it so far, and some sounded shocked (acting?). Unless anyone here has any misgivings on the deal I am placing my order next week for late August delivery.

Please let me know your thoughts...
  • jamesgjamesg Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone have the July lease numbers from BMW FS? I am interested in 36mo/15k for returning customer. I assume that the PP credit is still in play.
    I was hoping that we would see something a bit more aggressive considering the June sales numbers.
    Thanks in advance.
    James
  • caveatesqcaveatesq Member Posts: 6
    53% residual w/ 15k

MF is .00240 less .0004 if you qualify for the owner loyalty program

Premium package credit of about $2,500 (at invoice) is also still in play.

These rates are in effect through 9/2.
    The $2,505 option credit is still available in July.

Car_man
    Host
  • pelucidorpelucidor Member Posts: 2
    The $2505 Premium Package Option Credit is in effect until 2nd September, according to two dealerships I have confirmed it with. Just placed my build order today - $1500 'below invoice' thanks to this Option Credit.
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    thanks for the info. Will pick my X5 up this later week -- I'll leave more details shortly, but got the vehicle for about $2000 under invoice. Thanks again.
  • rob34rob34 Member Posts: 58
    I was just quoted the following is Seattle. This is an initial offer, no negotiating. Please tell me if this is fair or if I should be asking for more, and if so, how much more?

"Provided rates and owner loyalty stays the same as this month current programs. I can order you a 2008 X5 3.0i with running boards, hd radio, ipod usb adapter, cold weather package, premium package, rear climate package, premium sound. I am calculating MSRP of $54,575. Selling you the car for a $1,000 over invoice at $51,635.

With $2,000 out of pocket your payment would be $726.24 a month including tax. This is a 36 month lease for 12k p/a mileage. Owner loyalty money factor of .00080."

Thanks for any advice.

Rob
    One thing I noticed right off the bat is his MSRP is wrong vs. the website. I forgot to tell him I wanted heated front seats ($500). Even with those the web is calculating an MSRP of $54,175.

A couple other questions. Do the ventilated seats work well. I have always wanted those. But for $2100 seems high. I realize it's an active seat as well which I really don't care about.

Also, I asked what my out of pocket would be to keep my monthly at $600 inc. tax. His quick response was each $1000 out of pocket is about $20 per month off the payment. Does it make sense it's only $20 off?

Thanks
  • rootbeer1rootbeer1 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds horrible! They should be going at least $3,000 below MSRP and zero out of pocket! The way our economy is right now I think car dealers will be willing to negotiate.

:P
    Ok, his MSRP is right in that he had the cold weather package in it and I didn't ask for it.
  • pickle12pickle12 Member Posts: 10
    Just found that as of yest, 7/10/08, the money factor dropped from .0024 to .0020...so if u have any deals in the works, make sure you update the MF. This could drop your payments almost $30/month!!
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Hey pickle12....Do you know if this reduction in MF also applies to the X3? I'm considering both the X5 and X3. Thanks for the tip!
    Let me try this again. kyfdx, you helped me get a good deal on my 2005 X3. Looking for your comments again. And would like to hear from Car Man as well. How far off are they?

I was just quoted the following is Seattle. This is an initial offer, no negotiating. Please tell me if this is fair for a 36 month lease or if I should be asking for more, and if so, how much more?

"Provided rates and owner loyalty stays the same as this month current programs. I can order you a 2008 X5 3.0i with running boards, hd radio, ipod usb adapter, cold weather package, premium package, rear climate package, premium sound. I am calculating MSRP of $54,575. Selling you the car for a $1,000 over invoice at $51,635.

With $2,000 out of pocket your payment would be $726.24 a month including tax. This is a 36 month lease for 12k p/a mileage. Owner loyalty money factor of .00080."

Thanks for any advice.

Rob
  • koestermkoesterm Member Posts: 4
    This last post mentioned a MF of .0008, is it really .0008 or .002 - .0008. I'm about ready to turn in the lease on my 330 and need to get something bigger in size. They quoted me a MF of .002. Is this the best I can get?

I'm curious what the real difference is in gas mileage between the 4.8 and 3.0. I've seen several posting on 3.0s, not much on the 4.8. Does anyone have any experience with 4.8 gas mileage?

I sure wish the X5 had the same motor as the X6.

Thx
    Check out BMW X3 and BMW X5 Real World MPG for mileage information.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • pickle12pickle12 Member Posts: 10
    Not sure about the X3, but I wouldn't doubt it though...good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.