Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome nacho2. I hope that your father enjoys his new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi raizelgs. The incentives on CTS Coupes and Sedans are different. General Motors is currently providing a $3,700 cash incentive on 24 to 27 month and $2,800 on 36 to 48 month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kdfhueykdfhuey Member Posts: 1
    I just got home from a year in the middle east and wanted to buy my wife a new cadillac cts sedan. The car MSRP is 51375$. I know nothing about leases but they quoted me 678 per month with 1500$ down including the first payment. The lease is for 39 months and is for 15K miles a year. Any help would be great.

Thanks so much.
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    Don't lease if driving over 15k miles a year or if not going to take great care of the car. Cig burns, car in back seat, lots of dings will hurt you later, unless you buy it after 39 months.

Negoiate your best price first. Don't allow them to figure your lease based on $51375. Make sure you get a dealer discount and any rebates. That will lower your payment. See what CarMan posted about cash.

You can get the lease payment down more if you are sure that the CTS will be driven under 12k or 10k per year.

And finally, a $51k CTS is fully loaded. Does she need the larger engine, moon roof, AWD and all the luxury options? If she/you can do with a more basic CTS, GM is advertising a base $38k CTS for $399 a month.
    Possibly somewhere in between $51k and $38K will be a better fit to save some $.
  • lake_tunalake_tuna Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

When you say "General Motors is currently providing... through Ally," does this mean I need to apply for a separate auto loan from Ally or the Cadillac dealership will take car of this when I'm leasing the car? I was just there last week looking for a CTS sedan, the sales man did not mention this incentive on a 36-month lease.
    Hi kdfhuey. Wow a year in the Middle East. Are you in the military? If so, thank you for all that you do for us. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Ally's current base lease rate for the 2012 CTS Sedan is 2.11%. General Motors is currently providing a $5,100 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the aforementioned cash. You can look up the invoice price of this car in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Good question lake_tuna. Ally is the former GMAC with a fancy new name. Even though it is technically not owned by General Motors any longer Ally still serves as its captive finance company. GM runs a lot of its finance business through it, though it runs some through US Bank and GM Financial (which technically is its new official captive finance company). Confusing, huh :)? Anyhow, back to your question ;), the dealer will take care of applying for the lease with Ally for you. You don't have to do anything on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • lake_tunalake_tuna Member Posts: 2
    I inquired at a local Cadillac dealership about Ally's $5100 cash incentive on the 2012 CTS Sedans, and the sales person there told me there is no such thing. Was he simply not aware of it, or do I need to do something special to get this discount?

Or has anyone asked their dealerships about this incentive? What was their response?
  • rman850rrman850r Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Do you have the lease rate and residual for the CTS Base as well as CTS-V sedans for 24 months and 15k miles per year?

Also what is the CCR on 24 month leases.

Thanks
    Hi lake_tuna. Either the salesperson is kept in the dark by their manager about the available cash incentives, or more likely they were lying to you. The $5,100 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan through Ally definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do rman850r. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2012 CTS Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CTS-V Sedan are 1.0% and 54%.

General Motors is currently providing a $6,000 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on 24-month leases of these cars through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigdel1bigdel1 Member Posts: 3
    Just found this forum and just in time! I've relied on Edmunds research to negotiate 3 straight cars. I now love the forum though. Car man rocks! Now I will be negotiating a high mileage lease of a CTS coupe. Given the Ally 36 month incentive, would a 20k/year miles lease still qualify? Also, what is the money factor and residual?
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    I am used to finding Rebates on Edmunds or GM websites.
    Where do you/we find out about these Cash Incentives from Ally?
    Will Ally or the dealer tell us if we ask?

Besides selling more cars, are the 24 month leases (instead of 36/39) being used because the Incentive creates a lower payment spread over 24 months?
    edited December 2011
    I see I should specify exactly which car I'm talking about:
    2012 CTS coupe Premium AWD.

I also noticed the Ally bank incentive is lower for the coupe. What are the US Bank and GM incentives for 24 and 36 month leases?

Also need the money factor and residual value.

Thank you!
    Thanks bigdel1 :shades: .

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base (not Premium or Performance) 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 52%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money actor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Ally publishes residual values for. If so, and you need to drive more than that you will probably have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,800 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi artmbgolf. For some reason General Motors lists its normal customer cash incentives on its consumer website, but not the cash incentives that are available on leases. the dealer might tell you about them if you find a straightforward one. If not, just ask around here in the forums.

2-year leases are typically more expensive than 3-year leases because there is fewer payments to spread out the large initial depreciation hit that new vehicles experience out over.

Car_man
    Host
  • dcar00dcar00 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am new to this board but I have been poking around and reading a lot. Today I went to a local dealer around here looking to lease a Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD, Performance (I'm not really sure what the difference between Performance and Premium is). He gave me a price and after I said I was looking for lower never even went back to his manager to see what he could do for me. Not sure if this really was his lowest price or what.

Anyway the price he gave was. The sticker price was $49,000..39 month lease/$569 a month/$660.00 out of pocket/12,000 miles. He said that with the incentives the price dropped significantly.

I feel like I have been seeing others have lower prices, but not sure if those were with different incentives.

Thanks for all your help.
  • raizelgsraizelgs Member Posts: 84
    Car Man
    I am planning on purchasing a used 2011 Coupe in a few months. Can you tell me what the difference is between the Premium and Performance model designations. What you you get for the extra $$ for the Premium model? Thanks
    I just got a 2012 CTS premium AWD coupe with a sunroof and Chromaflair paint. (MSRP $52,620) Ended up paying $728/month with nothing down for 39 months @ 20k miles/year. Thanks to Car Man on pointing out the Ally rebate.

To answer raizelgs, Edmund's review (google Edmunds 2011 CTS Coupe and you should find it) has a nice summary of the features available, but in short, if you get the full luxury package (Luxury 1 and 2), the only thing that I can detect that you don't get on the performance is the polished wheels. It seemed like the 2012 performance model just had one full Luxury model, but I'm not sure on that.
  • hblatt1hblatt1 Member Posts: 7
    Hey CarMan,

Thank you for all of the info you provide, it is always extremely useful and appreciated.

I have a couple of questions. Is the $6000 lease cash incentive available on the CTS-V Coupe? or is it only available on some CTS models? Is the lease cash different on different CTS models?

Also, does it apply to new 2011's or only 12's (or is there another incentive on an '11 that would make it worth shopping an 11 over a 12)?

Also, would you mind posting the residuals and M/F for 36 and 48 month leases on the V (that is the term I will likely use rather than the 24).

Thanks again and happy new year!
    You're very welcome hblatt1. In January General Motors is providing a total of $4,200 and waiving the first month's payment on 36-month leases of the 2012 CTS-V Coupe through Ally.

GM is not providing lease support on the 2011 model any longer. If you really want an '11 you would be better off financing it through Ally at 0% for six years.

Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are 3.4% and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • shan_renshan_ren Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I am interested in leasing a 12 CTS, AWD premium. The dealer quoted me $584 with 4k down on a 36m/10000m lease with rate being 1.5% and residual at 47%. He claims to sell the car $18 below invoice. Do you think this is an acceptable deal?
    I was also told that there is currently no lease cash available for this car from Ally or from the manufacturer. Is this true? This seems to contradict to what I have been reading from the forum. There seems to be 5k lease cash from Ally. Has that expired?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Shan_ren (which means mountain man)
    That's a cool name Shan_ren. Ally's current base lease rate for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan is 1.0%. Make sure to ask the dealer why they are charging you 1.5%.

Also, what you were told about there being no lease cash from GM on the CTS is absurd. General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,450 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the '12 CTS Sedan through Ally.

It sounds to me as though you may want to find a new dealer to work with.

Car_man
    Host
  • onlyacaddyonlyacaddy Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I was hoping to find out the cash incentives of the 2012 CTS Base Coupe.

The dealership quoted me a 36mo/10k lease for $425 ($485 after tax) a month on a Base Coupe valued at $39,590 but after incentives 34,300... with a 52% residual. Does this seem about right? I thought it was kind of high for a base model vehicle.
    Hi onlyacaddy. General Motors is currently providing a $3,200 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe through Ally. After taking the cash incentive into account, it looks like you are being given a dealer discount of around two grand on this car. That probably about the spread between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price...meaning that you're getting this car for around dealer invoice, which is a good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer is using Ally's current base lease rate of 1.05% to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • km38iakm38ia Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking at the CTS sedan w/ a sticker of 38k. There national ad says 371 down plus tax, license, title, dealer fees at 371 a month before tax at 10k mile a year. Can that price go down even more once at the dealership? What should the payment be?

If i wanted 15k a year, what would the payment be?

Thanks Car Man
  • shan_renshan_ren Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Car-man,
    Thank you very much for the info. Armed with this, I will visit the dealership today to get a deal done. I will not hesitate to walk away if I don't get the full benefits of the low rate and cash incentives. Thanks!
    Hi km38ia. The nationally advertised lease that I have seen for the 2012 Cadillac CTS is $399 per month. One could likely improve upon that deal by shopping around and negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at it. The same goes for any nationally advertised deal from a manufacturer.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome shan_ren.

Car_man
    Host
  • rem4carsrem4cars Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman-

Is the 5,450 cash incentive on a 36 month lease for the 2012 CTS sedan still available this month (February 2012) ? If so, when does it expire?

Thank you!
    edited February 2012
    Could you tell me what the residual should be on the 2012 rwd base Coupe?
    36Mo/10K

Thanks!!
    edited February 2012
    Sorry and just one last thing!

Just to confirm, the following discounts are still applicable?

- $3500 Ally Incentive
    - $1000 Customer Loyalty (I already own a Cadillac)

Trying to pick up the car this week. Thanks.
    Hey rem4cars. I believe that the cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan through Ally is now $5,950. This offer is scheduled to run through February 29th, but I don't expect it to disappear after that date.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out onlyacaddy. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Base with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Onlyacaddy, the cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of this model through Ally now stands at $3,700. The $1,000 owner loyalty is indeed available on top of that.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • brickfrenzybrickfrenzy Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2012
    Can I get the lease information on the CTS-V Wagon? My dealer quoted me an interest rate that seemed much higher than expected, and a residual much lower.

36 month, 12k and 15k.

Thanks!
  • rem4carsrem4cars Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much Car_man, much appreciated!
  • venturesmodelventuresmodel Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the expertise in Forum members! How does the Feb. 2012 CTS lease deals compare with past months? As good or better than ever? (Speaking here of Texas and Ally Bank ultra low mileage lease.) Can anyone think under what situation a straight CTS "buy" might be a better deal this month? Have the CTS buying rebates ever been better? One popular website has a total $5450. in CTS rebates this month. Can someone explain? I've also seen in print the Ally lease cash rebate is $3700. plus $1,000. extra in owner loyalty cash. Elsewhere it states for Feb. there is a cash allowance of $2000. Is this in addition to owner loyalty allowance of $1000.? Any dealers ever give what amounts to "employee vehicle allowance" to non-employees in order to close a deal? Sorry for the questions! questions!---but the rebates are confusing...! Can all avail. rebates be explained step-by-step for Texas buyers?
  • brickfrenzybrickfrenzy Member Posts: 38
    I went into the dealer on Saturday and received a lease quote for a CTS-V wagon with a residual of 46% and 2% interest for 39 months at 12k per year.

From what I understand about the rebates, they vary depending on which model you get. So the V Wagon I was quoted was $5450. The base CTS may be different, as would the CTS Coupe.

Loyalty cash is separate from the Ally rebate, so if you previously owned a Cadillac, you'd get both cash allowances.

My dealer did give me the friends and family pricing on the car that I ordered, even though I don't officially have a code yet. My friend who works for GM is being unresponsive...
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Car_Man! Here's the update..

Ended up getting a 2012 CTS Base Coupe MSRP was $40,175

39M/10K Ally
    No first payment & no disposition
    No out of pocket at all.. included all dealer fees, registration/tags and 8% tax rolled in

$416 a month
    How'd I do??
  • coachknightcoachknight Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man! The folks on this forum really helped out a lot when I got my last vehicle. I'm considering a couple of different ones...and wanted to get Residual and Money Factor for the 2012 Cadillac CTS Premium, assume excellent credit, for both 36 and 39 months.

I am being shown a MSRP of $51,870 but a residual of only 44% and an interest rate of 2.15% (I know I have excellent credit in the high 700's). They are showing a cap cost reduction of $5950, but not coming much off sales price yet (only $1500 off MSRP).

Thanks in advance!
    Car Man,

I also meant to add, the info I am requesting would be 12,000 miles per year lease. Couldn't see any way to edit my above post. Sorry for that. I look forward to your reply!
  • alialex12alialex12 Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Cadillac dealer is offering me the following:

$348/month $3,600 out of packet for the CTS4 (sunroof/AWD) - I dont qualify for the lease rebate - if I did, my payment would go down to $299.00 which is more in my range. but i'm getting $5450 rebate I'm not sure if I should wait and see what other rebates I might qualify for in March or just buy now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • tschaitschai Member Posts: 14
    What's the sale price? How many rebates/incentives did you get? Seems like a good deal since the national offer is $415/month before tax for 36m and 10k/yr and that's before the bank fee, ttl, etc.

I'm in the market for a coupe myself but the base is lacking a few features that I want and the next package up with those features is $5k more.

Car_Man, do you happen to have the residual and MF on the Performance Coupe for 36 or 39m and 10k/yr and what rebates are applicable to the coupe?
    Hi brickfrenzy. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 44%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome rem4cars.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem onlyacaddy. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if I knew what your selling price was, but the payment looks solid.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2012
    Here's the information that you're looking for coachknight. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

Man those are some pretty weak residuals.

The reason why you aren't being given a larger dealer discount on this car is that there actually isn't a huge spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. A $1,500 discount is probably less than $1,000 over invoice. I'm not saying that you won't be able to get the dealer to go a little lower on price, just that there isn't a ton of room.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do tschai. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Performance Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.05% and 46%.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $4,955 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, Car Man! Guess they were doing their best with those sucky residuals. Guess I'll turn my immediate attention to getting my son's Infiniti G37 then I'll worry about mine later in the year. I'll see you over on that forum for now. ;)
This discussion has been closed.