Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• jasgotjasgot Member Posts: 1
    This is for an '08 Escalade Ultra

24 months 15,000 miles
    5.15% Money Factor 
    65% Residual

39 months 15,000 miles
    4.40% Money Factor 
    54% Residual

Does it seem fair? This is my first attempt at going from Chevy to Cadillac. I must say, I'm experiencing a little sticker shock.
  • srf2srf2 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man or any Host:

I'm about to do the following deal - any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm in NY.

2008 ESV w/ Ultra Package - MSRP 69,625
    39 Month/10K/Year 6.15% w/ 59% Residual
    Paying Taxes, $695 Acquisition fee and other fees upfront.

Payment: $825.61
    Tax, 1st Month, Acquisition Fee & Other Fees: $4,565.65

Any feedback on this deal would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • ted48067ted48067 Member Posts: 1
    I got a deal on a 2008 with 2,000 down 39 mos. 12,000 yr. With the 22" wheels and the pearl white, no navigation, no flip down dvd player, no heated steering wheel or electric running boards 745.00/mo incl. mich sales tax using gms pricing. I may wait I think the deals may get better, I hoping for 700/mo incl tax
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, srf2. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV with 12,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 58%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 6.15% and 50%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $850 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account. In addition to this lease cash, GM is providing a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on leases of this car to current owners and lessees of GM products.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 954brian954brian Member Posts: 3
    Hi...I'm looking to lease an 08 escalade. I went to a few dealerships and the cheapest I found is $783 a month plus tax (ends up at $829 tax included in fla) for a 39 month lease with 15k miles with $2000 out of pocket. Its a white on black sport package with navi. Is this a good deal?
    Hi srf2. The lease rate that you were quoted on the Escalade that you're interested in looks great to me. It's right in line with GMAC's current base rate for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing though. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that someone here will gladly give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings 954brian. It is difficult for me to say whether the payment that you were quoted is a good deal without knowing at least what this truck's full MSRP is and preferably what its MSRP and selling price are. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I'm sure that someone here will gladly give you their opinion of this deal if you let us now what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • trimarc140trimarc140 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    I am currently looking at two SUV's, here is the other one that I'd like info on please. Thank you!
    Can you please give me the Monthly payment before tax and the total up front that I should expect on the following car?
    Zip Code: 33156
    SUV: 2008 Escalade with Ultra Lux Collection
    MSRP: 56,890
    Offer Price: What should I expect to get the car for.
    Lease: 36 months
    Miles: 15,000
    What should the lease payment be and how much up front should I be paying based on what you think I should negotiate the price down to?

Also, do 18,000 miles per year leases exist? How much would that increase the monthly payment by? Thank you!!
  • robihris99robihris99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man. GM announced $2,000 customer cash and another $2,000 for GM trade-in. Do they apply to leases? thanks
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual on a 2008 Escalade AWD(not the ESV or EXT) for both a 24 month and 36 month lease?
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    I just came from my Cadillac dealer and got the following #'s and want to know what you guys think.

MSRP: 62475
    Cap Cost: 58,840 (GMS pricing)
    Cap Cost Reduction (GM loyalty discount): 1850
    Interest Rate: 7.15
    Sales Tax: 7%

I calculated the following prices for a 12,000 miles/year lease with no money down (just paying first payment, bank fees, motor vehicle fees, etc. up front - probably just under $2000):

36 months (59% residual): $885.71
    30 months (63% residual): $922.07
    24 months (68% residual): $946.76

The actual costs per month that they quoted me were $901, $939, and $966 respectively but those weren't right once I ran the #'s through my lease calculator, Even with the reduced figures I arrived at without using dealership math, the #'s seem high to me.

The only other option I considered is doing a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles/year. I didn't get all of the #'s for that but was quoted a rate of $868/month for that option (I'd have to get the #'s and run them through my lease calculator to see if that's right).

What do you guys think of this? Should I try beating them up to get pricing even lower than GMS or is that about as low as I'm going to realistically get?
  • 954brian954brian Member Posts: 3
    Hi...I've been negotiating an escalade lease for a few weeks and have gotten it down to $775 a month plus tax, 39 months 15k miles with 2k out of pocket at signing. Tax where i am is 6% so my total is $821.50. Is your price including tax or plus tax? Also, check out a 39 month option. Cadi has been offering a strong program on 39 months since the beginning of the year.

hope this helps
    Hi robihris99. unfortunately, the $2,000 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2008 Cadillac Escalade is not compatible with its special lease program. GM is currently providing a cash incentive of $850 on leases of this truck plus an additional $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash that is available to just about everyone ($1,850 total).

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, psywzrd. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.15% and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $850 lease cash and $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash ($1,850 total) that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease, 954brian. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent dealer experience as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • moolie26moolie26 Member Posts: 1
    Hi -

I'm not sure if this the proper place to post this. I am considering a lease on an 2007 Escalade, with an MSRP of $62.5K. This is a lease transfer on a 39 month lease. There are 29 mos remaining on this lease. The car has 4800 miles on it, and is in new condition.

The lady had put a considerable down payment on the lease and has now decided that the Escalade is not for her. Her payments are $628/mo (inclusive of tax), with 10K mi/year. With 29 months remaining on this lease, the average miles per month for the remainder of the lease term will be 1000/mo.

This seems to be a very good deal to get into an Escalade with the only upfront costs to me being $595 lease transfer fee. Would it be worthwhile to look at new lease options as well, or am i looking at a pretty good deal here.

Are there other things i need to consider or should think about in terms of end of lease costs.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • parnelli66parnelli66 Member Posts: 4
    Why do people pay (at least the depreciation)on a $60,000 -- 70,000 vehicle that is a Chevy truck that GM builds for about $18,000?
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    For the same reason they drive an SUV with gas prices nearing $5 per gallon.
  • burbankburbank Member Posts: 2
    I just came from my Cadillac dealer and got the following #'s and want to know what you guys think.

I would like your opinion of the Cadillac Escalade lease deal I was just offered. Please let me know if this is a good deal please, or should I try to get it down a little. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

2008 Escalade AWD with AWD Entertainment Collection- LOADED with DVD
    MSRP: 68420
    Gross Cap Cost: 62191
    Adjusted Cap Cost Reduction 58591
    This is a SIGN AND DRIVE NOTHING OUT OF POCKET

I am being offered a SIGN and DRIVE deal for 39 months at 12,000 miles/year lease with the dealer even paying the first month. The terms would leave me with 38 months left at $717 plus tax for a total of $760/month. I do not know the MF, but should I pull the trigger or is there more room to deal. Please let me know.

Thanks
  • growegrowe Member Posts: 1
    I am nearing the end of my lease with GMAC of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. Will they negotiate or provide incentives for me to purchase the vehicle since the residual is higher than market value?
    Hi growe. You definitely should not pay your truck's purchase option price. As you mentioned it probably isn't worth anywhere near its residual. Some banks will work with customers on their vehicles' lease-end purchase prices and others will not. I'm not sure what GMAC has been doing lately, but give them a call. It's worth a shot, you don't have anything to lose. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love if you stopped back to let us know what they tell you. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • burbankburbank Member Posts: 2

I would like your opinion of the Cadillac Escalade lease deal I was just offered. Please let me know if this is a good deal please, or should I try to get it down a little. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

2008 Escalade AWD with AWD Entertainment Collection- LOADED with DVD
    MSRP: 68420
    Gross Cap Cost: 62191
    Adjusted Cap Cost Reduction 58591
    This is a SIGN AND DRIVE NOTHING OUT OF POCKET

I am being offered a SIGN and DRIVE deal for 39 months at 12,000 miles/year lease with the dealer even paying the first month. The terms would leave me with 38 months left at $717 plus tax for a total of $760/month. I do not know the MF, but should I pull the trigger or is there more room to deal. Please let me know.
  • yakigyozayakigyoza Member Posts: 2
    Did you get that deal in around Burbank, Burbank? That seems like a good deal. . . Can you PM me the name of the dealer or at least disclose where that deal was and which internet fleet manager you spoke to?

I'm thinking of acquiring one too but they seem to only be concerned with the employee rate campaign until tomorrow . . .
  • puckopolispuckopolis Member Posts: 5
    I currenly have about 6 months left on my 2007 Escalade lease. I will be over my allotted mile allowance. Can I buy miles prior to the end of the lease at a discounted price?
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    Anybody know if there are any rough numbers for what the fully loaded hybrid will be going for monthly?
    You can place a call directly to the bank that you are leasing through, which I assume is GMAC, to see if they are willing to work with you. Unfortunately, I suspect that the time to purchase additional miles at a discount has passed. Give it a shot though, you don't have anything to lose other than a few minutes of your time.

Car_man
    Host
  • quickphilquickphil Member Posts: 1
    My account is going nuts over me not leasing, so I am going to give it a go. I live in NW Washington zip code 98383.

1. I need more miles than 12,000. I put on 20,000 miles a year. Approximately, how much does that drive up a lease?
    2. I am looking at the following Escalade:

2009 Escalade Hybrid AWD with AWD Entertainment Collection- LOADED with DVD
    MSRP: $75,420
    Gross Cap Cost: $68,493
    Adjusted Cap Cost Reduction $64,528

Anyone have a clue as to what I should pay for a 30-month lease with 20,000 miles annually?

I appreciate the help. Best quickphil
    Hi quickphil. If you want to lease, then you probably would be better off going with a different vehicle. General Motor's current financial problems has forced it to pull the plug on its special lease program. As a result, if you want to lease an Escalade, you will have to go through an independent bank. It will likely be very expensive to do so.

Chances are that you will be able to get a better deal on a vehicle that has a supported lease program available on it. The first competitive model that has a special program available on it that comes to mind is the Lincoln Navigator. Of course, it is not a hybrid though.

Car_man
    Host
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I am not understanding why one would get the hybrid, especially on a lease, you will not see any pay off when your savings is eaten up in payment. Even on a loan, you will not see gains for years, even then, you are more likely to dump the car before then. The 2nd owner is going to be at a better position to save. What is the need for such an SUV of this cost? The price tag in the showroom is no where near the real world values. I certainly wouldn't buy new. Not now. This is not aimed at anyone here. But a comment in general, especially on the hybrid. :)

Its a sharp looking car for a GM car.
  • leasegirlleasegirl Member Posts: 5
    What are some of the lease rates you are seeing on the 2009 Cadillac Escalade? What deals are out there?
  • templeton3templeton3 Member Posts: 69
    Cadillac still does leases? Maybe banks are doing it, but I heard the lease payments they offer are brutal.
    Greetings to the appropriately named leasegirl. General Motors is currently providing an extremely attractive lease rate on the 2009 Cadillac Escalade. Unfortunately, this truck's residual values are absolutely terrible.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Cadillac Escalade AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 28%, respectively.

In an effort to make up for this horrible residual value, General Motors is providing a whopping $7,400 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC right now. You can use this cash along with whatever dealer discount you are able to negotiate to arrive at an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently leased a GM or Chrysler vehicle in the past two months . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, October 8, 2009.
  • kb2010kb2010 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car_man

How do I get that Special Lease that GMAC is offering ?...with the $7K back ?
    I am looking for a Red ESV Escalade 2009 with Bench seats

I am in the N Bay near San Francisco CA
    Thanks
    Hi kb2010. General Motors just introduced its November programs yesterday. Unfortunately, it pulled the plug on its special lease program for the 2009 Escalade, so if you were planning on leasing one you are out of luck. It did however introduce a new special lease program on the 2010 Escalade.

Car_man
    Host
  • ubrsfubrsf Member Posts: 51
    Hi Car_man

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have found your post ver useful in the past. I am here to ask a few questions. The lease rate you quoted above, is that 0.4/2400 to get the money factor? Although, I understand it is no longer valid, that seems awefully low. Do you have the lease rates and residuals for the 2010?

Regards,

F
    Thanks ubrsf. You are correct. One can convert a lease rate into an approximate money factor equivalent by dividing it by 2400.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 0.50% and 38%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ubrsfubrsf Member Posts: 51
    Thank yoiu Car_man, the residual is horrible and makes the lease more expensive. Crazy.
    No problem ubrsf. Leases on full-size SUVs like the Escalade are usually incredibly expensive.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man, I'm just not sure about seeking a '09 Model or looking at Leasing the '10 ESV Models...the Lease is horribly expensive & Residual Value is very low but I like the Car
  • bigcat007bigcat007 Member Posts: 21
    I want to lease 2010 ESV for 36 months 15,000/18000 miles. What is lease rate. I am getting quote of 1200 for regular one not ESV.
    You're very welcome, kb2010.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bigcat007. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD with 15,000 miles per year are an awesome 0.50% and an atrocious 38%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $4,400 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through GMAC into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • neenneen Member Posts: 12
    Car man-a question about the $4,440 cash incentive being offered. I am looking at a 2010 escalade luxury with a cap cost of 67,500. Dealer said he is $15 over invoice, do I still have $4400 wiggle room?
    Car man,

I am looking for a 2010 Escalade ESV with Bench seats...if Dealer is $15 or $25 over Invoice..where does that put the Cap Cost & Monthly Lease asuuming we put $10K ? I am being told it will be a $1040 /mo Lease (72 mos) for a Luxury Edition White....does not sound right ..what do you think ?
  • stoobiestoobie Member Posts: 4
    Car man,

I almost leased an 2010 Escalade yesterday , but walked out when the buy out on the lease was the residual + $2,500 the dealer said it was GMAC fee and they had nothing to do with it and could not get it changed . I have spoke with several other dealers in regards to this half say it is a BS fee the dealer hopes to get a kickback on if I buy it at lease end , other dealers say it is legit fee GMAC is charging . Can you shed any light on this I called GMAC and they said it should just be the residual but that is someone from India :surprise:
  • broham1broham1 Member Posts: 8
    Has GM pulled the plug on the Escalade cash? If so, are the lease rates remaining the same? Thanks.
  • mckele1mckele1 Member Posts: 5
    My 07 lease is ending and was wondering if GMAC will extend my lease or re lease my current escalade for another year. If anyone has any info it would be very helpful.
  • clubmanager1clubmanager1 Member Posts: 7
    Pretty sure thru 3/1 Escalade has 2500 cash on the 2010
    Hi neen. That's between you and the dealer. If you are able to get this truck for $15 over invoice minus any available cash incentives, i.e. the $4,400 lease cash...then you are getting an excellent deal on this truck.

On the other hand, if the dealer is attempting to pocket the $4,400 then $15 over is a terrible deal.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.