Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you find this discussion so helpful, SteveF5. You mentioned what this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price are in your post, but never mentioned the specific selling price was used to calculate the lease that you were quoted. This is a very important number to find out. It will show you if there is any room left to negotiate on your deal. Let me know what the selling price is and I will tell you what I think.

Here's the lease program info that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V8 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 53%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 52%. When negotiating your lease on this deal, make sure to take the $2,250 lease cash and $1,000 conquest cash for current owners and lessees of non-GM vehicles into account. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, sand529. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 52%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 SRX V8 would be the same, but the residual value would be 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new SRX, heytray. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi karld. I haven't heard that GM is going to stop producing the SRX after the 2008 model year, but that does not necessarily mean that it won't happen. Try stopping by the following discussion to see if anyone there has heard this rumor: "Cadillac SRX".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fletch58fletch58 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

Been a while since I leased. the interest rate has me confused as I did it with money factor last time.

Also, what would be a good deal on a SRX , purchase price around $43,000, 36 months, 15,000 miles per year with total out of pocket of $2500

Please resond asap, I don't trust myself

Thanks
    Jack
  • goodtogogoodtogo Member Posts: 5
    Are the lease rates and residual values significantly different for a 24mos/12,000 mile per year lease deal on a 2007 V-8 SRX?
    Hi Jack. As you have seen, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. For example, its 3.95% lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac SRX would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00165. I would be happy to use GMAC's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment would be on the SRX that you are interested in. I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP first. Both the MSRP and selling price are necessary when calculating lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey goodtogo. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V8 with 12,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • janda1010janda1010 Member Posts: 5
    Carman,
    one of my local dealers "cant find" all the lease cash and conquest incentive. Where can I politly direct them to look? A different dealership was upfront with the rebates but does not have the car I want in stock. I also get GMS discount, any advice?
  • shfawazshfawaz Member Posts: 27
    I was told by a dealer in Fort Lauderdale FL that the current offers on the SRX are 3.95%, 66% residual for a 10,000 mile/year 2 year lease, and $3,325 in cap cost reductions. For a $45,155 MSRP and a GMS price of 40,319, my payment would come to $435.65 plus 6% Florida sales tax. The dealer broke down the cap cost reduction to $2,250 and $1,075. My question is whether or not the $1075 is conquest cash or additional money from GM? If it is not conquest cash, is the $1,000 conquest cash still available in the Miami/South Florida market? I assume this can be added to the cap cost reduction for a lower payment.
    I was told that the conquest cash can not be combined with gms pricing?
  • smokiejoesmokiejoe Member Posts: 26
    Not at a dealer I talked to in PA.
    I believe $1,000 off if you have a non GM Vehicle + GMS Price + $2,000 Rebate.
    So is this thousand dollars conquest in addition to the $3325 cap cost reduction already provided or is it part of it?
    Any info on the dates the lease cash is good till? I thought with GMS the dealer was required to give me all available incentives, but i think they are trying to hold back the rebate. Would they get it then? Maybe they truly dont know!(yeah, I am naive) Does any one know where I can find something official to bring in to show I should get the lease cash, rebate and GMS? I didnt see it on the GM web site. Jeannie Jacksonville Fl
    Current SRX incentives and SRX lease cash is good thru July 9, 2007. Definitely $3325 should be deducted from the GMS price to come to your adjusted cap cost. Some dealers will hold back and they are only required to give you GMS pricing, any incentives out there are up to you to persue. If you don't ask, they don't have to tell, resulting in a higher monthly payment. Unfortunately there isn't anything published anywhere that verifies this, you just have to tell them and do your own calculation based on the info here to figure out if they are giving you all the incentives and rebates you are entitled to. If not, go elsewhere. The dealer knows, they're hoping you don't.
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Anyone getting the SRX at or below invoice before the 3325. incentives and lease cash? Carman, what is the MF and residuals for 12K/15 and 36 month leases?
  • edscarsedscars Member Posts: 8
    Hey car_man, sorry for the delay as I never saw your post (even though I am signed up for e-mail alerts - odd). Thanks for the response. The MSRP on the vehicle is $47,595. THANKS!
  • jtpcpajtpcpa Member Posts: 2
    I am expecting to lease a 2007 SRX before the July 9th end of the spring promotion. As the 2008 models are now shipping would it be unreasonable to expect discounting of the cap cost below invoice. I understand that I am already good for $3250 of factory money in the form of conquest cash and rebate. I have in mind a Base V6 RWD in Thunder Gray with the Y45 Utility Package. MSRP $40,465, Invoice $37,621, less incentives of $3,250 and less discount below invoice of maybe $1,000 for a cap cost of $33,371. Is this realistic?

Regarding the utility package, I don't want or need the third row but may want the towing capacity in the future. I hate the way Cadillac bundles the SRX options.
  • a6_to_m35a6_to_m35 Member Posts: 43
    Anyone have the post-July 9th cash incentives and lease numbers for the 2007 SRX.

It would be much appreciated!

Can we do better than:

Invoice deal minus $3250 cash (dealer cash + conquest cash).
    .00165 money factor.
    65% residual for 12k 24 months or 63% for 15k.
    Hi janda1010. A dealership that can't figure out what incentives are currently available on a vehicle is either completely incompetent or is just pretending not to be able to so that they can pocket the money. In July, General Motors definitely has $1,750 lease cash plus $1,000 conquest cash on the 2007 Cadillac SRX. I'm not sure were you can find a reference to these incentives on line, but trust me they definitely exist. I would think that you are automatically entitled to any available cash incentives when you purchase through the GMS program. If this dealer continues to deny their existence, they are just playing games with you and you would be better off taking your business elsewhere.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shfawaz. I believe that General Motors has been providing special additional cash incentives on leases of select vehicles in the South Florida area. That is probably what the $1,075 incentive that you saw is. The $1,000 conquest cash should be available on top of the $1,075 and GM's normal lease cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bodid. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 52%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 3% higher. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey edscars. Thanks for the MSRP. I really need you to provide me with this vehicle's selling price as well. Without the selling price, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jtpcpa. I dealers will indeed be anxious to unload their remaining 2007 models now that the 2008s have begun to arrive, but I have a feeling that $1,000 under dealer invoice may be a little optimistic. I suspect that a selling price of invoice minus the available lease cash is probably a little more realistic. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Cadillac SRX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi a6_to_m35. Are you going to change your name to a6_to_m35_to_SRX now :)? On July 10th, General Motors changed its cash incentives on leases of the 2007 Cadillac SRX to $1,750 lease cash plus $1,000 conquest cash. This is a little lower than the incentives that were available on leases of this vehicle last month. This new program is scheduled to run through September 4th, but I would be very surprised if GM did not make some sort of unscheduled enhancement to its programs before then. It did so at both the end of May and the end of June.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jtpcpajtpcpa Member Posts: 2
    Didn't fare as well as I had hoped. Note to self: Must work on negotiating skills or find hungrier dealers!
    Leased 2007 RWD V6 base car in black raven with cashmere, MSRP $37,970, invoice of $35,550.

Cap Cost of $35,867 plus GM acquisition of $595 and dealer baloney charge of $589. $2,500 cash, trade-in credited at $2,000 (originally valued by Cadillac dealer at $1,500 and confirmed by independent appraisal) and $3325 of rebates/ factory money. Total cap cost reductions of $7,825 less first payment, taxes and fees of $998, net cap cost reduction of $6,827. 12000 miles/year, 48 months @ $337.
    I was quoted 45% residual at 3.95 (.00165) money factor. My calculation of the residual on the contract ($17,846) came in at 47% - definitely not something I want to complain about.

This was the best deal I could find in Southeast Florida for the mileage and term I wanted.
    I was looking to lease an '07 SRX which listed for $41,270.

I believe they reduced the Cap cost to around $37K, but for a 48 month lease 12K per year I was quoted $522 per month, $0 down, which includes 9% tax.

I want to do the deal for $475 per month but can't get two dealers to bite. Am I trying for too much. When I run the lease calculations my $475 number doesn't see too unreasonable.

Any comments, suggestions, etc.

Thanks in advance.
  • jennianjennian Member Posts: 4
    what are the new lease incentives and rates and residuals
    on the 2007 and 2008 sxr?
    thanks
  • pds1pds1 Member Posts: 24
    Just came from the dealer where he quoted the following on a 2008 SRX with AWD, Third Row seat and luxury package:

$43,000 purchase price
    -2450 (rebate and conquest

12K miles - 39 months, 54% residual, 3.95% interest

With NJ 7% tax, $1480 at signing, lease pymt is $580.

Seems high to me. Has anyone done better? Thanks.

Mick
  • cadillacbuyercadillacbuyer Member Posts: 1
    What are the incentives, lease factors, and residual value currently applicable in MA on SRX's with 12,000 miles and 36 and 48 months?
  • stevef5stevef5 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

I was out of town this week and saw an advertisement for a GMAC lease incentive that would pay up to $2K on an SRX towards your remaining lease payments if you have an existing lease with another brand (I do).

Do you know the details of this program? Is there some sort of "certificate" needed to take advantage of? I live in the SE (Alabama).

Thanks
    Hello jennian. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 model are 4.0% and 52%. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 model and $1,450 that is available on the 2008 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Mick. The lease rate and cash incentives that you were quoted for this vehicle are right in line with General Motors' current promotions for it. This is a good sign. In an area that has a decent level of competition like the one that you are in, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice before the deduction of the cash incentives. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Cadillac SRX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cadillacbuyer. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 4.0% and 47%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,450 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stevef5. I don't believe that you need any certificate to take advantage of the offer that you saw advertised. GM is currently running a $1,000 conquest cash promotion on the 2008 and 2007 Cadillac SRX. This incentive is available to current owners and lessees of any non-GM vehicle. In addition to this incentive, GM is providing $1,450 lease cash on the '08 SRX and $1,750 on the '07 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • goodtogogoodtogo Member Posts: 5
    I am considering leasing a 2008 SRX for 24 mos/12k miles?. What are the current GM lease rates and residuals for both the V-6 and V-8 models. Not many V-8's around in the Northeast. Any special deals on the V-8 beyond the Conquest Cash and Lease Cash described in your Aug 27 reply to Stevef5. Would a 36 mos/12k per year lease be better?
  • len00len00 Member Posts: 22
    Hi folks,
    I'm new to the world of leasing... I am a GMS member and I have a price of $45,755 for a V-8 SRX with luxury, AWD, and utility package. The sticker for the car is $51,135. I will be looking to trade in my '05 Infiniti G35x. I'm looking for a 36 month, 12K a year deal. I have no idea about monthly payments, residual, etc. Also, is it a better idea to get into an '08 versus an '07. Thanks in advance for any help.

Len
    What would be the latest lease finance rate and residuals on the SRX
    for 39 month 12K per year, and 39 month 15K.

I was showing previously 5% 54% for the 39m/12K and wanted to see if they
    changed.

Also I am showing $1450 Lease Rebate, +1000 Conquest. + 1000 Rebate (but Not sure if the $1000 Rebate can be used). Anything else out there for Cap Cost Reduction.

Thanks.
  • harry1943harry1943 Member Posts: 10
    In Ohio I am looking at a 2008 SRX V6 with AWD, seating package and luxury package:
    $42,730 MSRP
    sale price $37,021
    39 mo. lease/10,000mi/yr.
    $1500 down--includes first payment and taxes
    $410/mo includes tax
    Comments??
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I am also looking at a 2008 SRX V6 ( RWD) with utility pack. and pearl color price add-on.
    MSRP of 40,285.
    sale price 36,017.
    39 mo. lease/10mi/yr.
    1900 down - includes first payment,Tax, and all other BS fees.
    Also $ 410 month.

Any comments also?
    That looks good. Yours is a little less MSRP, but it is the ballpark.
    I'm still debating it. The dealer keeps calling me on it. Yours sounds like a better deal than mine. I don't know if the incentives are better
    in Ohio than in Florida. Have u gone ahead with the offer?
    I gave them $500 and they will hold the car until Dec. 31. If I don't do it, I'm out the $$. I am 99% sure. I can't find anything better. I had one dealer offer $ 459/mo for the same car.
    I really don't want to give them any holding money. I figure the deal will be there at least for a little while. These vehicles don't seem to be flying off the lot. I also have a little time to kill, because i'm returning another GM van on a pull ahead lease. I feel to seal the deal in my case, i want to pay $400 a month including tax, with 1900 down. Does your $1500 down payment include 1st months and all other fees?
    Mine does.
    Yes, my $1500 includes first month of $410, tax, and, I think, license, title, etc.
    Hey smokiejoe. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 51%, respectively. GM is providing $1,000 bonus cash plus $1,450 lease cash on this vehicle right now. The $1,000 conquest cash that you mentioned can be combined with these cash allowances, but I believe that it is only available to residents of GM's northeast region.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi harry1943. The SRX that you are interested in probably has a spread of a little over $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,000 bonus cash and $1,450 lease cash that General Motors is providing on this model right now and you have a total of around $5,600 to play with. It looks as though the selling price that you were quoted is at right around dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives. That is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 4.0% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ericzoom. The SRX that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,000 bonus cash and $1,450 lease cash and you have a total of around $5,250 to play with during your negotiations. It appears as though the selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle is around $1,000 over invoice. This isn't bad, but it is not as good as the deal that the previous posted mentioned. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you might be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this vehicle's selling price. Once you arrive at a price that you are happy with, make sure that the dealer uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 4.0% to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Took the plunge on Monday.

Final numbers - 39 month / 10k miles yr. lease.

$ 1,639 down - includes 1st month and all other BS fees. Nothing else
    out of pocket.

38 payments - $399 month. :surprise:

2008 SRX - RWD, Black with Utility package.
    Congrats!! It sounds like you did well! I'll pick mine up next week.
This discussion has been closed.