Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited May 2015 in Cadillac
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Cadillac SRX. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• someguy1someguy1 Member Posts: 42
    I am in the market for a new SUV/Wagon.

I am hoping to get the sept residuals and money factors of 2005 SRX's 3 years 15K a year

Thanks KA
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here is the information that you are looking for someguy1. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 3 years with 15,000 miles per, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • joegolfer1joegolfer1 Member Posts: 17
    Carman just got offered the following for a Cadillac SRX lease.
    36 months, 12k per year, $0 down = $632.64 plus sales & excise for a total of $719.49.
    MSRP = $44,300 selling price at invoice of $40,500.

Same deal at 48 months = $570.31 plus sales & excise for a total of $648.75.

Numbers seem a little high to me. I was wondering if you could tell me what you think.
  • joegolfer1joegolfer1 Member Posts: 17
    Did not get a reply to post below. I am hoping you can comment on the deal below or tell me the current money factor and residuals for an SRX with 36 mths and 15k miles per year. Thannks in advance for your assistance.

Carman just got offered the following for a Cadillac SRX lease.
    36 months, 12k per year, $0 down = $632.64 plus sales & excise for a total of $719.49.
    MSRP = $44,300 selling price at invoice of $40,500.

Same deal at 48 months = $570.31 plus sales & excise for a total of $648.75.

Numbers seem a little high to me. I was wondering if you could tell me what you think.
    Hi joegolfer1. When negotiating your Cadillac SRX lease, keep in mind that GM is currently providing $750 lease cash on it. As a result, the dealer that you are working with is making $750 on a lease of one at dealer invoice. This isn't a bad price, but I thought that you needed to know about the cash so you didn't think that this was a thinner deal than it really is.

I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this truck for you using GMAC's current lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with an MSRP of $44,300 and a selling price of $40,500 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $555. As you can see, something is off with the payment that you were quoted. You definitely need to find out why the payment that you were given is so much higher, or to shop around.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey joegolfer1. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 are 3.95% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC used lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mgromgro Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I was looking to lease a V6 2006 SRX MSRP of $41285. Does anyone know what the current lease rate, residual would be for a 12/15K mile lease for 39 months. Also, is the $2300 lease cash still available and able to be used in addition to the lease/residual. Thanks in advance, Mike
    Hello Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 52%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 55%. GM is still providing $2,250 lease cash on this vehicle. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Is this offer valid for the V8? What are money and residual factors for 10K per year? When does that GM lease cash expire? Is that applied after negotiating price? In other words, if I negotiate a price at invoice, will the lease deal reflect an additional $2250 off?
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car man, Still haven't leased anything yet but close. There are ads in Miami for a base SRX at $189 mo for 24 months with $3184 down plus TTL, 10K yearly. Seems great. What is the money factor? Thanks.
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car Man, Found out that the lease rate is 3.95 and the residual at 66% for 24 mo lease with 10K yearly but apparently I didn't receive the conquest rebate coupon that was target marketed via email. Any info. on that? And what do you think of this deal? Thanks.
    Hey rbirns1. Yes, GM is providing lease support on the V8 model as well. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V8 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 56%, respectively. I don't recall seeing a 10,000 mile per year lease through GMAC. I don't know if it offers leases with such a low mileage allowance. GM's lease cash, $2,250, is currently scheduled to run through July 5th, but I highly doubt that it will just disappear after that date. Don't forget that for the month of June, GM introduced an additional $1,000 bonus cash on this model. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, stipulate that you want to have any available cash incentives subtracted from it. If you can get the dealer all the way down to dealer invoice before the subtraction of the incentives, which might be hard to do, then your ultimate selling price would be $3,250 below.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sheepdog1. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 through GMAC right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.95% and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again sheepdog1. The lease rate and residual value that you were quoted for the SRX that you are considering look good to me. If you are taking advantage of the lease cash and bonus cash and are getting a good price on this vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsharkeydsharkey Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man:
    Just noticed a GM sponsored ad in the Chicago Tribune for a New 2006 SRX 2 WD for $249/mo,10K miles per year. Total due at signing is $3,244 which includes first month payment. Purchase price is $34,194 including all fees. Residual value is $24,470. Also says prices offered include ALL GM Factory incentives. What is your opinion of this deal?

Thanks,
    Don
  • sswallysswally Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

Im interested in leasing a 2006 SRX...ad saids ...$289.00 month, for 39 months. $3450 total due at inception, 10,000 miles plus first payment, tax and tag. How does this sound? How much room do I have to negotiate? I also want to increase miles to 15,000, how much should I pay to have that added.

Thank you
    SW ---
    Hi Don. Does the ad mention this vehicle's full MSRP? If it does, let me know and I will tell you what I think. The amount that is due at lease signing is a little on the high side, but you can have the dealer eliminate any capitalized cost reduction in exchange for a slightly higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello SW. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the SRX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Increasing this truck's mileage allowance from 10,000 miles per year to 15,000 miles per year will lower its residual value causing its monthly payment to increase.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Host:
    MSRP 41,780.00, down payment of $1,267.00. their price will be $39,941.00 (we know there is a $2000.00 rebate but it going to be nullified by a dealer installed 2000.00 Nav. system). Both prices include the dest. charge. They are quoting her $596.08 for 39 months. they say the residual is 54% and the interestis 4.45%.
    Will you please let us know if this sounds right to you???
    I tried figuring it out and got lost in the shuffle.
    Please help,
    Nortsr1
    I just went to the regional GM site and notice that they are offering 0% in lieu if the 2000.00 rebate.(for the 2006 models) Would it not be less expensive to take the lease at 0%...please reconfigure if the 0% can be used to lease.
    Thanks
    NORTSR!
    Since I didn't get any responses from my posts, I went ahead and called another Cadillac dealership, told them what the first dealer had offered on the lease. It ended up that I got my wife an SRX, loaded, MSRP of slightly over $44,000.00 for a price of approx. $38,000.00 and a payment of $519.00/month for 39 months. ($2000.00 down). That is $77.00 less per month for a more expensive SRX. When the first dealer called yesterday to see if we were going to sign the lease agreement....you can only guess as to what i told that crook. They will never again sell us another Caddy.
    Hey Nortsr1. Unfortunately, the 0% rate that GM is offering on the 2006 Cadillac SRX is only available on loans, not leases. GMAC's special lease rate for this vehicle is 3.95%. That's the bad news. The good news is that the $2,000 customer cash that is being offered on this truck is not available on leases, a special $3,250 lease cash incentive is.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with an MSRP of $41,780 and a selling price of $39,941 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, per-tax monthly payment should be around $553. If you were to have the entire $3,250 lease cash subtracted from this vehicle's capitalized cost, it would drop the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $458.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gs80gs80 Member Posts: 10
    I am looking at a 39 month, 12k/year lease on an SRX. MSRP is $47,360. Could you give me the money factor and residual? With all the dealer cash and incentives I had the price down to $40,500. Is this a good deal? I was quoted money rate of 4.45% and a residual of 54%. I am in Northern Virginia.

Thanks.
  • gs80gs80 Member Posts: 10
    Car Man,

Can you help?

I am looking at a 39 month, 12k/year lease on an SRX. MSRP is $47,360. Could you give me the money factor and residual? With all the dealer cash and incentives I had the price down to $40,500. Is this a good deal? I was quoted money rate of 4.45% and a residual of 54%. I am in Northern Virginia.

Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, gs80. GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 3.95% and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,250 lease cash that GM is providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • me21379me21379 Member Posts: 18
    CAR MAN. Can you help with 2007 numbers for a 07 SRX, 48 months, 12k per year. Looking for residual and APR (or money market number). Thanks
    Well I can answer my owm question. 07 SRX V6 48 months, 12k, 47%residual and 5.95% interest. The 07 are just showing up at Capitol Cadillac in Atlanta. Dealer/GM discount $2150. I guess that's about all you can expect for a brand new model.
    Hi me21379. The numbers that you mentioned are actually a little off. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.95% and 47%, respectively. You're right that all Cadillac models have $2,145 bonus cash available on them right now. However, even though this is a 2007 model you still should be able to negotiate some additional dealer discount. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar trucks lately: KarenS, "Cadillac SRX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 30 Oct 2003 6:26 am.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanx Car man. This brings up another question from me. When we see an incentive/cap reduction such as this $2150, is that from the manufacturer or the dealer or both. If only from the manufacturer than a deal such as this is really MSRP in terms of profit for the dealer.
  • derrickh22derrickh22 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-man, I am new to the board but am very interested in the numbers also. Can you tell me the residual and APR for a 07 SRX, 36 month lease, with 12k and 15k a year? Is there any difference between V6 and V8? I assume that the residual is based on MSRP. So if I negotiate sales price down, the residual would still saty the same. Is that correct? Thanks a lot!
  • policeladypolicelady Member Posts: 17
    Hello
    In 2005, I leased a Cadillac CTS. I had never leased before and so far, I have not had any problems with the vehicle. But as I get closer to my 4yr lease end, I wondered if anybody could tell me what to expect? What do the dealers expect from you as a customer at lease end? How easy is it to purchase the vehicle you have been driving or how easy is it to lease another of the same vehicle in a different year. Any info, let me know. :D
    Hi me21379. This incentive is completely paid for by General Motors. It has nothing to do with the dealer that you are working with and it doesn't cost them a dime. If you are only getting this car for $2,150 below MSRP then you are not receiving any sort of dealer discount at all and you are not getting a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome derrickh22. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac SRX V6 are 4.95% and 52%, respectively. This vehicle's residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 3% higher. The lease rate for the 2007 SRX V8 is the same, but its residual values would be 1% higher. You are correct, vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Any discount that you negotiate off of this truck's selling price would reduce the amount of interest that you have to pay, but have no impact upon its residual value. Make sure to take the $2,145 bonus cash that is currently available on all Cadillacs into account when negotiating this vehicle's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi policelady. GMAC is very reasonable when evaluating the condition of vehicles at lease-end. Here is a link to GMAC's lease--end return kit: GMAC SmartLease Vehicle Return Kit. It should answer any questions that you have about the lease-end process. At the end of your lease you will have the option to purchase your leased vehicle from GMAC, to lease a new GM vehicle, or to lease a completely different vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • policeladypolicelady Member Posts: 17
    Thank you so much for this information. I wanted to make sure I have a file on everything I will need to know when that time comes. I will click into the website you provided.
    Thanks again.
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    What are some figures that people have paid lately on the SRX? Trying to get an idea.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    399 mo for 39 months 10K miles.

*16 Example based on survey. Each dealer sets its own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a specially equipped 2007 SRX V6 with an MSRP of $40,210. 39 monthly payments total $15,561. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. GMAC must approve lease. Take delivery by 1/2/2007. Mileage charge of $.25 per mile over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, and excess wear. If lease terminates early, lessee is liable for all unpaid monthly payments. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.
    You're very welcome, policelady. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • susanw6susanw6 Member Posts: 32
    Went to Coral Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Nov 26th to find out about leasing a 2007 SRX. I was told that the free navigation system or $2150credit was to end on November 30th. Then I saw from reading the website, that the program goes until Jan 2! First Lie!!
    Anyway, I don't need the nav or DVD or anything extra special, except for the the 3rd row and adjustible foot pedals. They told me I'd have to get the Utility package and Luxury package. I need 15k miles/year. With only inceptions down ($800),I was quoted $568/month plus tax for 39 months.
    How does that sound? I can't see where the $2150 credit was applied. I was hoping to get the payment closer to $500. Does anyone think this is possible? Sue
    How good is the current $2150 discount? My current lease is up in Feb (2 more payments to go). Is this $2150, that is good until Jan 2, too good to pass up? Should I lease in December and just take a loss on my last payment of $400? Or should I wait until my lease end in Feb and see what GMAC is offering then? :confuse:
    Thanks, Susan
  • sfauersfauer Member Posts: 4
    We are currently looking to lease a 07 SRX in Syracuse NY. The best deal that we have seen is MSRP 43,665 - Adjusted Cap. Cost 37,772. With 4,000 down payments would be $472 a month. Does this sound reasonable?????
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    I am certain you could get some kind of early lease termination deal on your current lease.
    most manufacturers offer that all the time, expecially if
    you are within 3 months of it ending.
    The bank for my lease (Chevy Chase) does not allow for early termination. Until the last payment is made, I must hold onto the car and keep it insured. I can't even pay it off early and turn it in prior to February!

I might be willing to make the last payment of $400, and just keep the car in the garage for an extra month, if the December lease is too good to pass up. I just don't know if December is a better month to lease a car since its the end of the year and dealerships want to move vehicles, or if January is better. In January, the 2007s will be a month older so does that hurt residual? Help!
    Hello. :) Anybody out there? Carman?
    I posted 3 questions - #40, 41 and 44 and am still looking for some recommendations.
    Please Help :cry:
    Thanks,
    Susan
  • hartthartt Member Posts: 79
    Hi Car_man. The information you provide has helped me lease my last three vehicles successfully. Thank you. Can you please provide the numbers on the '06 and '07 SRX for 3yr/15K.
    Thank you.
  • lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    ;) Just leased a 2007 SRX. GM paid the last 5 payments of my Ford Lease. Check the Cadillac web site for details. GMAC will pay off up to $2000 on an existing non-GMAC lease.

I will write up all the details of my deal in a few minutes.

Bill.
    BTW - THis is a very helpful site and this forum and 'prices paid' forum are especially useful. Together with online leasing help, I think I got a reasonable deal. See what you think.

===============================================

2007 SRX-V6 MSRP: $37,110
    Options:
    Utility Pkg $ 1,125
    o 3rd row seat
    o trailering equipment
    o heavy duty cooling system
    o power sterring fluid cooler
    V6 Premium Luxury Collection $ 7,150
    o Luxury Pkg
    o Driver's Pkg
    o Prem Seating pkg
    o Ultraview Sun roof
    o Rear air
    o Power adjust pedals
    o Bose sound system, NAV
    All Wheel Drive $ 1,900
    White Diamond Ext Paint $ 995

Destination $ 745
    Total MSRP $49,025

===============================================
    Base Cap Cost $46,500
    Lease Admin Fee $ 595
    Cap Cost Reductions $ 4,642
    o Rebate $2145
    o My down payment $2497
    Adjusted Cap Cost $42,453
    Residual value (57%) $27,944
    Interst Rate 4.95%
    Term (months) 36
    Sales Tax (%) 9 (Pennsylvania)
    ====================
    Payment: $600/mo
    Out of pocket = $3489
    10k miles/year for 57% residual

==================================
    Dealer Profit: $1785 + Dealer Holdbacks
    Computed as Base Cap Cost - Invoice Price
    $46500 - $44715 = $1785.
    ==========
    Dealer = Faulker Cadillac, Trevose, Pa.
    Also, GMAC paid off 5 months on our 2004 Explorer Lease (i.e. $2000)...

Hi Susan. I personally would not be willing to waste two payments on my current lease to take advantage of the December program, but it is difficult to say if General Motors' new January incentive program will be as attractive as the $2,145 bonus cash that it is offering on this truck now. If you have decided to wait, please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I will be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's new incentive program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for the advice, car man. I usually find your info helpful, but my question was posted on Nov 29th and you didn't respond until Jan 2nd. I thought maybe this whole forum was inactivated or something.

I have one more lease payment left (Jan)on my current vehicle. I have until Feb 17 to turn the car over. I would love to know about any SRX lease incentives then. I'll keep checking and hopefully find something more timely, as the end is definitely near for me! Susan
This discussion has been closed.