Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• suzay22suzay22 Member Posts: 11
    Sorry.....I didn't give enough info. Looking for the residuals for 36/12K and 39/12K. And now I see your reply was only through Sept. 7th. What are the rates now also for those terms? Thanks! Cadillac SRX AWD Luxury.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Chris. You never described the exact trim level of the SRX that you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a Luxury AWD model. Let me know if you want something different.

Let's work up a payment on this truck and see what we come up with. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD that has an MSRP of $44,000 and a selling price of $42,000 through Ally right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $563.

They payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $545.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Bklynt525. The easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, suzay22. This vehicle's lease program varies by trim level and you never mentioned the specific one that you want. For now I will assume that you're interested in a 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD. Let me know if you want something different.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a '11 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.6% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.6% and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, suzay22. AH HA, I see that I guessed correctly on the trim level, just not the mileage allowance.

I believe that Ally's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • CARMAN,

According to the dealer (2nd visit) the cost of the car is 41,445. They are not willing to go any lower than what quoted earlier.

2011 SRX AWD Luxury Package + Navigation
    27 month lease
    $3400 - according to them it is just the taxes(8.875% for NY), first payment, security deposit, inception fees, lic, reg, etc...
    $499/month
  • msjhsapmsjhsap Member Posts: 8
    I noticed on a posting that you quoted a 1.6% on a 15K/36 month Lease on a SRX. When I contacted 2 different dealerships, they quote me 2.6%. Are they marking it up for their profit? The 1 point does impact the monthly payment. If so, how much can I insist they give me the 1.6% rate?

I am looking at a 2011 FWD SRX Luxury model. The dealerships did quote me the 53% residual as your posting did.

Thanks!
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know the October Residual and money factor for a 2011 SRX Luxury AWD with Nav?

I am looking for a 39month lease with 10k miles a year.
    Thanks for the additional information, bklynt525. The cost of the vehicle is a great starting point, but we need something to compare it to...most likely its MSRP. Knowing both of these numbers will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi msjhsap. The 1.6% number is definitely right. It certainly does sound as though there's some mark-up going on at your dealer. If I was in the market for an SRX, I personally would insist that the dealer use the 1.6% rate to calculate my payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, spridell.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.6% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    thank you very much for your response.

I asked another question in this forum:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f1ea1be/27

If possible can you help me out there also.

Thanks again.
  • richman64richman64 Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking for purchase either an '11 CTS or SRX. Anyone know how much the GM Employee Discount is? I have a $3500 rebate on my GM Card and I can use one or the other discount, but not both combined. I'm trying to see what is more advantageous.

Thanks.
  • dctilldctill Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2011 SRX FWD Performance package and have negotiated the following offer. What do you think?
    MSRP=43325, Selling price=$40639, 36mo/10k, $2500 due at signing, $589/mo payment including tax.
  • jconn860jconn860 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease 2011 SRX Turbo Performance MRSP= 51,240 Sell Price=49,800 15K---36mo. Want to put about 4,000 down State=CT.
    What kind of numbers should I be looking for??
    Thanks
  • jerry143jerry143 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I was shopping for an SRX today. I have a $2400.00 credit toward a GM purchase on my GM credit card. The salesman told me that the maximum amount that could be applied is $1000.00. I checked on the GM card web site and unfortunately this is correct. The last time I used my credits they took them all!
  • jinx2898jinx2898 Member Posts: 4
    ok folks...dont know how legit this is but i was at dealer yesterday here up in the northeast...new jersey. told him i wanted..2011 srx luxury fwd. 10k miles a year.
    also informed general mgr. to use us bank because their rates may be better.
    he turned his computer to me and showed me allys rates..i seen with my own eyes.. 1.6 w/ 66% resid.....ok..now..this is deal he gave me..im not good with this so can someone let me know how good this is......
    2011 srx lux pkg.fwd. black ice (which im being told is extra)
    27 months...2500 down to cover tax, tags..etc... no down payment.
    519 a month.
    car is 39,150
    selling price is 38,000.
    i know this is pretty similar to cadillac offer now. advertised offer is 24 month with 2700 + tax tags etc... 10 k a year
    is this a good deal?
    what should payments be if i go to 36 months? does rate get affected and im assuming resid. changes a bit/.
    thanks to all who help!!!!!
    You're very welcome, spridell.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man...

I am in the home stretch on the lease of a 36 month 15K FWD Luxury SRX. You helped me call the bluff of a dealer when he was trying to get me to pay 2.6% int. rate when it was actually 1.6%. Thanks! He backed down until I asked him to waive the $600 security deposit. He then told me it was GMAC/Ally policy to charge it... no exceptions. Then he told me he could waive it but my interest rate would go from 1.6% to 2.1%.

My question is... Does Ally waive security deposits for people with credit rating 775+ who is a returning customer who has never missed or been late with a payment? I had a Chevy dealer tell me the security deposit was out of his control, as well, now that GM and Ally are not related (I was also looking at an LTZ Traverse). Can they wave it or not? Has anybody else heard this? My drive off is currently $1730 w/ the deposit. I would love to drive off at $1130. Any cash back offers from Cadillac through the end of the month. Traverse was offering $1300 back.

As always... Thanks.
  • pascali29pascali29 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am looking for a 36 months, 10K/year lease for 2011 Base FWD SRX (MSRP: $34,705).

I don't understand money factors and formulas for leases, but could anyone please help me to see what would be a good deal for this lease in terms of money out of the door + monthly payment?

Is $1,000 - $1,500 OTD and $400 - $430 / month (tax included) a realistic goal for this lease?

BTW NJ tax is 7%.

Thank You!
  • jj316jj316 Member Posts: 24
    I am getting a Lux AWD 10k 24 month w/nav for 430 a month w 1400 otd including refund sec and 1st
  • Pascali,

Can you please let me know which dealer you are using aswell as the detail info on the deal? I love in queens and have been dealer shopping for months never receiving a quote that low. Please provide additional info for a fellow srx buyer. I do not know what odt stands for nor refund sec and first?

Thanks kindly!!!
  • pascali29pascali29 Member Posts: 2
    Oh, OTD I ment "out the door" - total of money that you give the day you get the car. :)
    MSRP44025
    AWD Lux/nav 24 months tax in payment 10,000 per year
    1400 total when picking up the car
    Freeport NY ask for Mike

includes 1st payment
    refund security
    bank fee
  • What is the monthly payment jj?
    460.00 per month Blk Ice color w nav
    AWD
    70 for 24 months 66 27 month
  • PASCALI AND JJ,

I APPRECIATE ALL THE INFO YOU BOTH HAVE GIVEN ME. I HAVE CALLED BOTH DEALERS AND THEY ARE OF COURSE TELLING ME THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY WITH THAT DEAL. THEY SAY IT MUST BE FWD AND ONSTAR NAV, NOT POP UP SCREEN, BLAH BLAH BLAH....WHEN DID YOU GET THIS QUOTE ?? DID YOU ACTUALLY LEASE THE VEHICLE? PLEASE PROVIDE MORE INFO....I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO LEASE THIS CROSSOVER BUT NOT WITH 3K OTD LIKE THEY ARE QUOTING ME NOR 530/MONTH!! HELP
    I am picking up mine on Friday.

You can try Farmingdale dealer 516-293-5000

They also the same price.
    i saw the wrong date it is on Friday not Saturday sorry.
  • JJ

Thanks - i called and once again nothing comes close to 430 or 460 a month with 1400 otd for 10k miles on an AWD LUXURY W NAVIGATION. I don't know who to believe.

CARMAN, - - PLEASE OFFER YOUR INSITE TO THIS MATTER - I WILL BE THROWING IN THE TOWEL SOON.
    I do not know what to say all that I can tell you we ordered it in the begining of the month it is in and it will be in the driveway on Friday afternoon for that price and terms.AWD W/ pop up nav Lux Blk ice.
    The reidual for 24 months was 70 and for 27 months 66 if that helps you.
  • That is a wonderful deal...thanks for your assistance. Good luck to you & Safe driving!
    After many negotiations at 4 different dealerships... here is my deal. I report this because the details shared by others always seem to help me. Good luck with yours!

Stay away from the Cadillac dealership in Walnut Creek, CA (Northern CA). I had a deal in place (offer, consideration, acceptance) w/ the finance manager only for the sales manager to yank it off the table when I went to sign. He found a mistake that would have cost him $300 and instead of honoring the deal- He pulled it saying, "nothing was ever signed." He (sales manager) was rude, condescending and had no sense of professionalism. I hate to speak ill of others, but with business practices that lack ethics, consumers need to know for their own protection.

Here is the deal I got from another local dealership in my area...

Lease: 2011 FWD Luxury SRX w/ Navigation
    Gray Flannel
    15,000 Mile / 39 Months
    1.6 Rate
    51% Residual

MSRP: $ 41,530
    I Paid: $ 38,414

$559 Month
    $1500 Drive Off (First Month, Security Deposit, Reg, Tax/License)

I wanted a 36 month deal, but 39 months got me my affordable monthly payment. I lease cars for my wife and I every 3 years and always conduct my research here. Thank you to all who post... but a big thanks to CARMAN! Your insights are always appreciated!
  • dennisclaydennisclay Member Posts: 2
    I have a "GM World Blue Card" with $3400 accumulated earnings. I have used accumulated earnings twice in the past for vehicle purchases, but this time I am planning to lease. I was under the impression that earnings could be used to lease, but I am getting unclear answers from the GM Card redemption center. Essentially they are telling me to ask the dealer. Does anyone know if earnings can be used to lease an SRX Luxury with Navigation?
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    Yes you can use it on a lease, but unfortunately it's usually limited to the current allowance amount, which on the SRX is $1000. I also have about $2600 built up on my GM card which I plan on using in Dec. when the lease on my 08' SRX is up. I'm not too crazy about the new SRX, so I might switch over to another GM vehicle.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    Does anyone know if GM is still offering the pull-ahead lease program?
    My Caddy lease is up in March 11', and would like to know if the program is still available for a possible Dec. return. Thanks.
    You're very welcome, msjhsap. Thanks for taking the time to return and give back by sharing the details of your lease with everyone.

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ericzoom. While it's possible that there's one out there, I have not seen anything from GM on a pull-ahead program in a month or two. Ask your dealer to find out for certain if there's one out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here was the deal I got and took delivery of.

2011 SRX AWD Blk Ice/ Ebony Lux w/ Nav.

$434.00 per month 24 months 12k

895 bank 450 refund sec 434 first payment 220 plates Total $1999.00 T.O.P.
  • joeytrijoeytri Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Smart lease contract for computations reflected the amount of residual for computation was 21500 but the the residual for buy back in box 9 on form at the end of 36mos was 24500. Dealer said these were fees added by Ally. to the 21500 Is this contract in error. I did agree to the 21500 at final talks but nothing was said about the 2400. ALSO WAS CHARGED 750. Ally fee at closing. Overall got lease for 402.per mo.for 36mos 12000 mil.per yr.free maintence. with 6000.dn. Cap. price was 37955 at 1.9%. taxes were 300 love the car.SRX/Lux
  • tonybreezytonybreezy Member Posts: 2
    hi jj316,

would you be so kind and help a man out. I am from the NY area and have been looking to get the 2011 SRX Lux for a couple of months now. Can you provide me with the dealer name and the salesman you made this deal with?

This is the best price I have seen so far for this vehicle and would love to go the route you did.

Thanks so much
    This deal was made at the middle of October so I do not know if the residual is still the same. It was with Ally.

The dealer was in Freeport.
    I did find out something that might help that I over heard.

You call Cadillac marketing and they can send you a certificate if you owned a GM vehichle before. It can be combined we did not know of this until after so we could not get one but saw other people using them.
  • cheese11036cheese11036 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the deal that I received:

2011 SRX FWD w/ Luxury Package
    Silver
    Only option is $135 floor mats
    2011's come with Free maintenance program.

Sticker: $39,164
    Selling price: $37,213 which included $1500 supplier discount coupon from GM

Lease Payment: $513 with tax / mo for 39 mos, 12,000 miles per year
    Due at signing: $622 which included 1st payment.

Located in the Midwest. Tax is 6%.
    Happy with the SRX
  • tonybreezytonybreezy Member Posts: 2
    thank you jj. does your monthly payment include taxes or is that with total down?
    It is included in the monthly payment
  • j27j27 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I've never leased before, Is this a good deal...

2011 SRX FWD Luxury

In New York
    Price 39,135
    Selling it to me for 37,000

3635 down includes 1st payment, taxes...
    $499/ month - 39 months, 10,000 miles
  • marley0915marley0915 Member Posts: 3
    No j27.........doesn't look like a good lease deal. Please see my deal above on what sounds like the exact same car.

Payments are $513 a month which includes all taxes which are 6% in Michigan. I put $626 down, which included the first month payment and tax. I also get 12,000 miles per year. The deal was offered on the 28th of the month and I signed on the 30th, being the end of October. I think you can do much better.
This discussion has been closed.