Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• skylawskylaw Member Posts: 7
    Carman,

Looking for the money factor/residual for a 2012 Lux v/ Nav AWD, 15k, 39 months lease. Gotten some initial offers from dealers that are all over the place. Also, any information on incentives this month?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi skylaw. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 SRX Lux AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 48%, respectively.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a total of $1,475 in cash incentives on leases of this vehicle through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • denisjdenisj Member Posts: 6
    Here's what I've been quoted on this car: $409.27 per month based on the following Ally lease:

MSRP 40,725
    Lease end value factor 55%
    selling price 39377 (with dealer discount)
    Rebate amount: 4475 (3000 in my GM point/1000 owner loyalty/475 lease rebate)
    adjusted value: 35697
    lease APR: 1.6%
    Acquisition fee: $725
    total tax window: 1217
    Base monthly: 375

Includes gap insurance

First months payment forgiven/total due at signing $191 for title/tax/docs/plates

Any room for negotiations?
    Denisj here ... supplemental question: should I put my 2003 Rendezvous into play as a trade-in? Kelly book trade-in value is around $5000
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    edited February 2012
    Your deal sounds similar to the one I got on my 11' SRX. See post #430,439.

As far as the Rendezvous, i would try to sell that privately if possible, because you would definitely get a lot more for it than the dealer trade-in. I also leased an 02' Rendezvous CXL back then, and I thought that was a pretty comfortable and reliable truck. Also another cheap GM lease.
    Thanks Eric:

$359 is where I want to be and I see you had a couple of 1k rebates I don't. At least I see that as the difference. You did very well. I could through some money on the table but I don't like plunking money down.

I am looking at getting gap insurance separately - my current insurance company offers it - which may save a few bucks.

Ally is forgiving the first month but this is only a 36 month/30k mile lease.

The dealer is pretending he is trying to meet my goal but spins around three times and then presents exactly the same monthly fee.

I am actively shopping around for the 39/39k lease that starts at $369 with $1999 down - figure my GM points would cover the down and leave another grand for sales price reduction which would get me further towards my goal.
    I thought all Cadillac leases include Gap insurance.

I just got a card in the mail from GM Mastercard stating that my earnings are being upped to $2000, and the $1000 owner loyalty bonus. Too bad I don't need it at this time.

At least your going for an 12' SRX with the better 3.6 engine, than the slightly
    anemic 3.0.
    Salesman dismissed the lease offer from GM Financial because it did not include gap insurance.

As you said, your deal was similar to mine: I have $4475 rebate (GM 3000/Loyalty 1000/ Lease 475. You had two other 1000 rebates adding a net $1600 to the cost reduction which got you to the lower figure.

Congrats! I am still battling to get under $400 w tax/fees.
    edited February 2012
    Keep with it. We went to a bunch of places before we found the right deal.
    There was such a variation of lease prices offered from different dealers.
    Good luck.
    Going with the $409 per month, zero money down, 36 month, 30k miles lease that I was first offered. Went to four other dealers. The two that would actually talk to me had other lease offers but I always wound up with the same monthly payment but that required money up front. No one would move off an initial sales price figure. I tested the figure the original dealer offered at Edmund's Tru Price estimator and it is right on the mark.

Sales people expressed frustration that the internet was providing consumes with so much ammunition. But, from my vantage point, as much as I learned from the research, there were elements of the deal that were simply not negotiable. I would say 'can you do this ... or is this something that could be changed?' and the answer was consistently "no." I thought I might be able to improve the parameters like mileage allowed but was told "Sure, as long as you pay more per month." And there was a reluctance to negotiate details via email. Chances for errors were there and they didn't want to make it too easy for me to compare deals. And some of my questions were simply ignored in emails so it was necessary to have face-to-face meetings to press points.

I am satisfied that it is a good deal and I like the car a lot.
    edited February 2012
    It looks like you did fine on your lease. The only reason my payment was lower than yours, was the extra $1600 rebate I received from GM or the dealer. That reflects the extra $50 on 39 months plus interest. You also have a 2012 SRX, where as the price increased slightly from my 11'.
    I also found that you do have to deal face to face with these people, rather than the internet. It seems to show more of a commitment in their eyes.
    I have to admit the dealer I used was pretty good, and they covered the 1st months payment, and 2 free tanks of gas.
    Enjoy your Caddy.
    Thanks for your encouraging words.

Of course the dealer threw me one last curve as I was signing for the lease: a 'Smart Lease' insurance offer that would cover wear and tear including tires at the end of the lease. He had a sign on the wall but no brochure for me to look at and I had to decide then and there whether to add an addition $650 to the lease amount ($20 per month) to get the insurance. I said no as I didn't have details as to what the coverage would be.

I've done some searching online an other than some general information about the GM Smart Lease program aimed mainly at Dealers, I cannot find pro or con information or opinions.

Anyone here have a view? I am not sure if I can engage insurance now that would cover anything in a reasonable fashion. I also read that some Dealers, eager to get repeat lease business, will negotiate end of lease wear and tear charges if you lease from them again.
  • slingerjamslingerjam Member Posts: 3
    I'm negotiating on a 2012 SRX luxury and would like to know what the the proper percentage rate, residual percentage, and if any lease cash is available. I'm considering both a 36 and 39 month Ally lease with 12K miles per year. Thanks in advance.
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Hello,

Looking for some numbers on a lease perferable through Ally.

MSRP: $48,160 (SRX Performance AWD w/ Nav and 20" Chrome)
    Term: 24 Months or 27 (if better pricing)
    Mileage: 12K or 15K (leaning with 12K)
    Down: 0
    Qualify for Loyality with current 2009 CTS and can get GMS pricing.

Numbers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
  • tmasjrtmasjr Member Posts: 30
    Car_man;

Heres a deal on a 2012 LUX in Red, which I don't want, so they tacked on an additional $999, but I'll pick another color.

Through Ally, which I have a Buick lease, I am also a Cadillac owner, and am turning in a Lincoln lease, do you know of any deals other than current owner? Would Conquest, or current Ally lease have any benefit?

Here are the numbers they gave me;

MSRP $43,995
    36 Months $557.79
    36000 miles
    $1806 total drive off

This sounds very high!!!

I only need 10k miles/year, and wouldn't mind going to 39 months if Ally or any other lender is offering something special, but where should I be if the MSRP is $42,995?

Thanks for all your help.
  • crw7096crw7096 Member Posts: 21
    Carman,

I am looking at an SRX FWD lease. The terms are 15k/year but I have not decided on term. Either 24 or 36 month depending on the what the residual is. What is the current residual & MF for a 2012 SRX FWD Performance AND Lux? Also, what are the current incentives? I was quoted as being eligible for a conquest rebate for my current lease, but I am curious whether or not there are others out there to be had. Any input is appreciated!
    Hi slingerjam. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SRX Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.1% and 49%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,590 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Chris. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

GM is providing a $2,250 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tmasjr. You really need to find out what selling price the dealer is charging you for the SRX that you're interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi crw7096. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 48%.

The lease rates for the Luxury AWD are the same, but the residual values would be 1% higher.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,250 cash incentive on 24-month and $1,590 on 36-month leases of the '12 SRX through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    I leased a '11 Luxury w/NAV, got another $2000 non-GM lease discount, plus the $1590, and another $3000 off a demo with 300 miles on it. Got the cap cost down to around $35,000 on a vehicle with an MSRP $43,000. I paid the plates, tax on rebates, first month payment, and documentation fees out of pocket. My payment on the 39 month lease, was $389 plus tax.

If anyone would like the dealer information, in Arizona, I'd be happy to forward.

I think I got a good deal, but what do others think?
    I meant to type, 2012, not 2011.
    :)
    That's a nice vehicle for $389 per month, tmasjr. Good job. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • cityboy2cityboy2 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man,
    Currently '12 Luxury (MSRP 40,890) for 36 mo. and 10K mi. offered for $435/mo with $2K down on Cadillac web site
    I think they used $1590 incentive, but what is the residual and money factor they used? I'm plugin in different numbers in the calculator, but still cannot come to $435/mo before tax.
    Also, what would be residual and money factor for similar '12 Luxury, but AWD for 36mo and 10K.

Best regards.
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    I just leased a 2012 SRX Performance FWD with Navigation, 20" Chrome-tech Rims and the exterior chrome package ($45,700 est MSRP). Details of lease term are:

27 Months
    15K per year miles
    $800 Due at signing
    $538 per month. (with tax and everything)

Best deal I got by far from all the dealerships I researched.

Have had it for almost a month and love it so far, nice ride and love the deal even more!
    Hi cityboy2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 52%, respectively.

The lease rate is the same for the 2WD version of this truck, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • brianandjenbrianandjen Member Posts: 1
    Wow, I just spoke to a dealer that wants $624/month, 39mo, 10K miles/year, with 0 down. Did you just negotiate them down or is that what they were offering?
  • laurag2laurag2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I am in the Chicago area. I currently own a 1997 Seville STS (which I bought used in 2000) and want to get a new SRX. I am wondering if it would be better to lease or buy. If anyone has gotten any good deals in the Chicagoland area and can give me a lead, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you have any advice, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks,

Laura
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    Carman........

Please post the current lease numbers for a 2012 FWD SRX Performance for 36 months at 15k miles a year. Also any rebates that may be associated. Thanks!
  • punchyjdpunchyjd Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for some advice on the lease deal I've been presented.

Car_Man -- what do you think? I've seen some on here get better deals. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2012 SRX AWD Performance Package - MSRP 48995.00 with all the options below
    Premium Paint - MSRP 495
    20 "ChromeTech Wheels - MSRP 495
    VAS Grille, Bright Finish - MSRP 340
    VAV Floor Mats, All Weather Front and Rear 135.00
    License Plate Bracket MSRP 15
    Destination Charge 875

Negotiated Price 46600.00

24 Mos Lease
    -- 2250 Lease Cash Incentive
    -- 1200 Due at Signing
    -- 29337.00 Residual Value
    -- 6.5 Sales tax
    717.81 per month

36 Mos Lease
    -- 1590 Lease Cash Incentive
    -- 1095 Due at Signing
    -- 24447.50 Residual Value
    -- 6.5 Sales tax
    655.13 per month

39 Mos Lease
    -- 1590 Lease Cash Incentive
    -- 1074 Due at Signing
    -- 23469.60 Residual Value
    -- 6.5 Sales tax
    633.64 per month

I'm not completely sure of the money factor but I think it is 0.0011.
  • tsanttsant Member Posts: 1
    tmasjr, would you mind shooting me dealer info? I'm in AZ, and am currently looking at leasing a '12 SRX.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    tmasjr....I'd like you to send me the dealer info also.

Thanks!
    Hi cwa318. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SRX Performance FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 49%, respectively.

GM is providing a $1,590 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this vehicle through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi punchyjd. The selling price that you were quoted is probably equivalent to around $500 over invoice, assuming that the dealer is subtracting the cash incentive from that. That's not a bad deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • babminibabmini Member Posts: 6
    So a 2012 srx msrp$44,280 cap 42022 dr/off1344 15k mi 36m 510 Inc tax where am I getting beat here? Does the lease incentive seem like it's included?
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    looking for 36m 15k mile numbers as well as lease cash for northeast region? thanks in advance
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Member Posts: 16
    Wow...this is a great deal. Where are you located that you got this deal? I want to use it as a reference. I'm looking at a similar deal...
    2012 SRX Luxury w/o Navigation
    39 month lease
    $556 down
    15,000 miles per year
    $556 per month

Sale price of $39000. MSRP is $41375 plus tint and pinstripe and nitrogen. I don't know the MF, but it is 51% residual.

Please let me know what the MF should be and what you think the payment should be. Do you think I can do any better?
    Hello infinitiluv. I personally think that you can do better than $39,000 on this car if the dealer is not subtracting the $1,765 cash incentive that is available on 39-month leases of this truck right now from that. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, shoot for $500 or so over invoice minus the cash.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with have the dealer calculate your payment using Ally's base lease rate of 1.0%.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Can you check out the specs on this truck and let me know if I'm getting a good deal here:
    http://www.frankkentcadillac.com/InventoryDetails.aspx?ID=9695051

Here is what I was quoted:
    $573/mo
    $42,599 sell price

Do me a favor and shoot me the numbers I need to negotiate. Thanks, Sir.">link title
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    Here's the deal I nergotiated last week in KY for a 2012 Cadillac SRX AWD 4Dr Wagon Luxury

MSRP 2012 Cadillac SRX AWD 4Dr Wagon Luxury…….………… 44,035.00

Agreed Upon Value………………………………………………………….…… 41,295.71

Ally Bank Acquisition Fee……………………………………………………… 395.00
    License/Title Fees……….………………………………..…………………….. 139.00

Gross Capitalized Cost…………………………………………….……… 42,010.90
    Capitalized Cost Reduction (Ally Bank Cash Incentive)… 1,765.00
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost……………………………………………… 40,064.71

Residual Factor…………………………..…………………….…………. 0.49
    Residual Value (Residual Factor × MSRP)……….…….….… 21,577.15

Ally Preferred Bank Rate (Base Rate)…………..……….…… 1.00%
    Term (months)……………………………………………….………… 39

Base Monthly Lease Payment…….……….…………….…….… 500.00
    KY U-Drive-It Tax @6.00%....………………………..……….. 30.00
    Total Monthly Lease Payment…………………………………. 530.00

Charges Payable at Lease Origination
    1st. Month’s Lease Payment…………………………...…….. 530.00
    Tax @ 6.00% on $1,765 Cap Cost Reduction………. 105.90
    Amount Due at Lease Signing…………………………..…..… 635.90

Fund Provider: Ally Bank
    Security Deposit: None
    GAP Coverage: Included
    Annual Mileage Allowance: 10k
    Disposition Fee: None
    Purchase Option Fee: $2,500.00
    Excess Mileage Charge: $0.25 per mile
    Reg. M Disclosure: NA

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • rstu72rstu72 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hello, I am negotiating a 39 month lease with 12K miles per year and would like to know the current interest rate, residual and rebates for a SRX Luxury FWD. Thanks.
  • pnamepname Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm thinking about taking over an existing lease, and based on the following info I wanted to get Car_Man's and others opinion on whether it would be a good decision. Obviously the main reason I'm interested is that there would be no money down, I would just take over the remaining payments:

2011 Cadillac SRX - AWD Premium Collection (est. MSRP $51,000, unsure of the sale price)
    26 Months Remaining on Lease
    32,400 Miles Remaining [1,246 miles per month]
    Op. Lease End Buyout: $24,500
    Monthly Payment - $602.97 [with $1,000 seller incentive, original lease payment is $641.43]

Anything else I need to be aware of in taking over a lease? Thanks alot.
  • wherespetewherespete Member Posts: 6
    OK, was thinking about a lease on a 2012 SRX. I negotiate what I think is a decent price, MSRP of 53,265, sell price of 48,390, so I'm feeling halfway decent about it. Then I tell the sales person I want to look at lease numbers. He tells me he can't offer that same price for a lease, his manager syas he can't do it. I call bogus. Any opinions?
    It gets better. I get a quote as follows:

MSRP 53,265
    Price 52,000
    Residual 25,567 (48%)
    Other Capitalized Costs 1,765
    Program CCRA 1,765
    CASH DOWN 8,500
    Rate 2.2%
    Administrative Fee 795
    Monthly Payment 584.01
    No security deposit

Wow, just wow...........................
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited June 2012
    Always remember that every leased car is a sold car. This means that you must buy before you lease. What I mean is that selling price is not dependent on whether you buy or lease.

The dealer really doesn't care which mode of financing you choose; buy or lease. So, do your homework (Edmunds, TrueCar, etc.) and establish a fair price first as it's the most important number in any lease transaction. It's what "drives" the deal so to speak.

You may want to inform the dealer and kindly thank him for his time. Then, go find another dealer.

Good luck!

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    Greetings Carman,

I received the following lease quote from a FL Cadillac dealer on June 2nd, 2012. It's for a 2012 SRX Performance with Chrome Wheel Package.

Selling Price $45,700.00
    Discount $2,100.00
    Rebate $3,765.00
    Adjusted Price $39,835.00
    Phantom Footprint $149.00
    1 remaining lease pymnt $500.00
    Purchase Price $40,484.00

Taxable Fees (Estimated) $450.50
    Rental Fee $60.00
    Doc Fee $599.00
    Tax $314.41
    Non Tax Fees $227.00
    Net Price $42,134.91

The selling price doesn't seem too bad, although there's a lot of misc fees... I'm looking for a 36 month lease with 16,000 miles/yr. Here's what they quoted me.

Cash down payment: $1,890.00
    36 month lease: $632/month
    39 month lease: $612/month

Despite a decent net price, the monthly lease prices seem way high compared to what I'm seeing others get. Can you tell me what you think the monthly lease prices should be based on GM's June MF and Residual figures? Thanks for your help.
    Thats what I thought. I was taken completely aback with the price change. I was working from the 48 number, then they counter with the 52. Needless to say, that deal s dead.
    Hi infinitiluv. It looks as though you are being given a $2,365 discount on this truck. After taking the $1,765 cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of it through Ally (I'm making an assumption about the term and bank, correct me if this is not correct), you're looking at a $600 dealer discount. In my opinion, that's not enough. Depending upon the specific dealer invoice of the exact truck that you want, you're still at around $1,500 to $2,000 over invoice. I personally would be looking to get an SRX for closer to $500 over if I was in an area that has a decent level of competition...$1,000 over max.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go rstu72.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $1,765 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.