Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions

Comments

• klinkoklinko Member Posts: 4
    I just want to confirm my dealers "facts". On a 24 or 27 mo lease for 2011 Malibu LS w/ 15000 miles a year he said the residual is 46% - my question is: Is this correct?

He quoted me roughly $225/mo with 0 down and $4150 cash incentives and supplier discount - do you think they have any more wiggle room?
    Thanks Car Man
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi klinko. This car's residual value depends upon what bank you are leasing it through. General Motors actually has three lease companies that it runs deals through at this time, Ally, US Bank, and GM Financial.

Supplier pricing minus any available cash incentives is a good deal. I don't think that you are going to get much better than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • klinkoklinko Member Posts: 4
    Well I went back to the dealer after figuring out that I was quoted for 12k/yr the final price was $244/mo-39mo-0dn-15k year. What a great experience - if Anyone is looking in the metro Detroit area, Matthew Hargreaves is on the ball Phillip did an awesome job and I will gladly buy from him again!
  • carbuyer4646carbuyer4646 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you very much, Car_man. I appreciate it.
  • hardyboyhardyboy Member Posts: 1
    I just took home a lease for the 2011 Chevy malibu with these factors.

MSRP: 23190
    Sale Price: 21900
    Acquisition: 485
    MF: 2.8%
    CA tax: 10%
    Residual: 48%
    Term: 39 months
    Mileage: 12K/year

Monthly payment: $157
    Due at signing: nothing. They even paid my 1st month.

I traded in my truck and got $4500 for it along with manufacturer incentives of $2500 with a dealer incentive of $500.

Hope this helps. I was able to get my price so low b/c of the trade in value and incentives. I told them I was a Costco member and got the Costco invoice price (well worth it) find out more about how to negotiate a good lease @ www.leaseguide.com.
    You're very welcome carbuyer4646.

Car_man
    Host
  • ddude123ddude123 Member Posts: 1
    04/19/11---Can you please give me an idea what my payment should be on this ltz--msrp28725--selling price is invoice 27679---2000cash out of pocket for 39 months -- please let me know what the current gm cash cap reduction should be and the current rate--please quote payment -- do not include tax or tags---15000miles per year---thanks
  • orangecarorangecar Member Posts: 1
    That's a great offer hardyboy. Does anybody know any SoCal dealers when I get a similar Malibu deal?
  • flyingatorflyingator Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,
    could you please kindly share the current MF, Residuals, and incentives for a Malibu LTZ?
    36 months
    15000 miles
    Texas

thanks so much for your time and effort.
    Hi ddude123. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ that has an MSRP of $28,725 and a selling price $27,679 through Ally right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $411.

GM is currently providing a $3,650 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. If you were to subtract the full cash incentive from this car's cap cost, it would lower the monthly payment to around $309.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go flyingator. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,650 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • emailscottemailscott Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man -

What are the current rates and residuals for either a 1LT or LTZ 2011 Chevy Malibu with the following conditions:

36 months and 12,000 miles
    36 months and 15,000 miles
    or 24 months for either mileage

Thanks!
    Hi emailscott. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an LTZ are 1.0% and 47%.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the $3,150 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • ceasar24ceasar24 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Car_Man:

Thank goodness I came across this site. I'm going crazy over here being jerked around...

I was originally looking to finance a 2011 Malibu LS- no bells or whistles (perhaps the stupid spare tire options :-/ ) The dealer started off with 22k+, (I'm confused b/c the Chevy site shows starting price at $21,975, then shows $20,735 when I go to "build it") then mysteriously went down to 19995 b/c I said when I called a rep on the phone said they have vehicles ranging from high "teens" to 25k. I told him that was high "nine"teens, not teens.

Any hoot, I called other dealers and they said something doesn't sound right - that car could never be sold for that low and it must be with the rebates ($2k) currently being given (on Long Island, NY) and with that being said, I would never be given that rate at the current 0% financing for 60 months - it's either one or the other. So which is it, and am I being jerked around? I was looking to put around $3500 down on the vehicle as well, so my monthly payment would be around $280...but that's if it's possible to actually buy this car at 18,500 or not. I thought the new Malibu is coming out - they should be giving this car away. Isn't that the point of 0% finance offers anyway - to move the cars off the lot??

If I lease (which I prefer not to do) the offer is the following:

2011 CHEVROLET MALIBU w/1LS

Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
    $179/month 39 month lease.

$1,800 due at signing (after all offers). >>>
    Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
    Mileage charge of $0.18 /mile over 12,000 miles.

If I lease shouldn't I be able to lower the base price of the car to get a better lease rate? Also what is the Mfactor on this car? I went to a Hyundai dealership and they wouldn't tell me theirs - I laughed and said you have to, it's what we call "full disclosure" and walked out!

Lastly, what would the residual value be on a 39 month lease w/ 12k miles per year on the Malibu LS?

I know I'm all over the place with this message, but perhaps you can answer or comment on as much as possible.

Dazed and confused ----thanks in advance for your help!
    :confuse:
    Hi ceasar24. According to Edmunds.com, the MSRP of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS is $22,835. Its dealer invoice price is $21,724.

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/malibu/2011/options.html?trim=ls&sub=sedan&styl- e=101327237

The dealer was correct that the 0% financing that General Motors was providing on this car in June was not compatible with the $2,000 consumer cash.

Through July 5th, Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS with 15,000 miles per year were 1.0% and 44%, respectively.

GM is scheduled to introduce new programs tomorrow, July 6th. Please feel free to check back with me later this week and I will be happy to provide you with an update on what the new programs are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • cliffinseattlecliffinseattle Member Posts: 1
    Car-Man,

Looking to lease a 2011 Malibu. My US News price for an 1LT is $17,911. What are the base lease rates and residual value for this vehicle today? I've been to the dealer and negotiated the price and car that I like, but am concerned they will take me for a ride when we put together the lease.

HELP!
    Hi cliffinseattle. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 42%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $4,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • knc90s17knc90s17 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you tell me the current money factor and residual on a 24 and 36 month lease on a 2012 Chevy Malibu LS. Do these rates change for the LT package?

Chevy is advertising a national lease special on a 2012 Malibu LS of $179/month for a 24 month 12k lease with $1,539 due at signing (after all offers). Would this include a loyalty rebate and competive lease rebate which I wouldn't qualify for??

Thanks for your help
    I'd be happy to help you out knc90s17. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 47%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $3,895 cash incentive that is currently available on 24-month leases and $3,470 that's on 36-month leases of this car through Ally. I believe that there's another $570 on top of that on the LS trim level. And as you mentioned, there's another $500 for loyal customers. I suspect that the competitive lease incentive may not be compatible with the loyalty incentive. If that is indeed the case, then go with the competitive lease offer, which is more attractive at $1,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • knc90s17knc90s17 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Thanks for the information. I have been researching the Malibu a little more and have determined that the 1LT model may actually be a better deal. The 1LT model has an "ALL-STAR PACKAGE" that has a saving discount of $500 on the sticker price. I heard that "Package savings" in leasing is like putting that money down on the vehicle because you add that savings on top of the MSRP. Is that True?? Additionally I heard that there is another $1000 dealer cash on the LT models that is not available on the LS model.

Are the residual values and money factors the same on the LT models? And is there really an additional $1000 on the Lt models? Lastly, is my information on the Package Savings correct?

Thanks again for your help.
    You're welcome knc90s17. I haven't heard about any additional lease cash that is available on the LT Malibu but not the LS model. In fact, I know that there's an extra $570 on the Malibu 1LS that is not available on the LT.

I can see the option package discount being treated as a cash incentive, which would be like putting money down on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • dl4410dl4410 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    What is the residual value and MF for 2012 Malibu LS lease? I would like to compare a 24, and 36 month term 12k miles.
    Thanks
    DL
    Hi dl4410. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 43%.

GM is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on 24- and $4,000 on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jhh6jhh6 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2012 LS w/uplevel package and black granite paint for $138 a month 24/24,000mi. in Buffalo last week.

Just had to put the first payment down. All fees and tax rolled into payments. I had $1000 in equity in my Honda lease that they bought out and $1500 GM Card allowance. PLUS got an additional $1000 lease conquest cash!

Leased through another leasing company. The rebate was $3800 instead of $4250 but the dealer discounted the malibu by $1200 which made up for the difference. The interest rate was .84% when I multiplied MF by 2400. Residual value was 57%.

All this with MINIMAL negotiation! And lots of inventory! If you're thinking about leasing a family sedan, now is the time to look at a Malibu.
  • sreddy88sreddy88 Member Posts: 4
    jhh6,

Would you mind to tell me the purchase price on LS w/uplevel pkg (and other details if any). I'm trying to get on here in Northern VA.

Thanks
    Sam
  • jhh6jhh6 Member Posts: 3
    Happy to share:

MSRP $23,565
    options included in this are uplevel pkg for $500 and black granite for $195.

Price paid $22291.88 (discount of $1,273.12)

Residual value is 57% and money factor is 0.00034 (0.82%) through GM Financial (not Ally). Lease rebate is $3800. There is also GM loyalty or lease conquest ($1000) cash available.

Good luck!
    Wow that is one cheap lease, jhh6. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • vinprovinpro Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

Do you have the April numbers on an LS, 24/36 month, 15000 mile lease?

Rebate
    Rate
    Residual

Thanks
    Sure vinpro. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 43%.

GM is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on 2-year and $4,000 on 3-year leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • chaaluchaalu Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man,
    Could you update with the latest lease rate and residueal for 2012 Malibu 1LT for 24 months, 12000 miles area. I'm being quoted numbers as high as $288 per month ($660 due at signing) for 1LT with sunroof option. Just wondering if residuals have dropped significantly. Thanks.
    I'd be happy to chaalu. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 53%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a whopping $4,325 cash incentive on 2-year leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmclarkbmclark Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am interested in leasing a 2013 Malibu Eco 1SA package. Can you give me the residual and money factor for a 24 month 15k mile/year lease. Also is the USAA rebate and Farm Bureau rebate able to be combined? Thanks in advance.
    Hi bmclark. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu ECO with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 67%, respectively.

There is currently a $1,700 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally. I suspect that this cash can be combined with both the USAA and Farm Bureau offers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter seeks to interview anyone who recently considered or bought a new Chevy Malibu. Please email PR@edmunds.com before Friday, September 14, 2012 if you are willing to share your thoughts on the car.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dtwellsdtwells Member Posts: 21
    Can you post what the Jan 2013 numbers would be for a Malibu Eco 1SA with power convenience pack residual and money factor would be for 24 month 10k and 12k, and 36 month 10k and 12k please?
    Hi dtwells. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 67%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.7% and 57%.

If you were to lease this car with 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

General Motors is providing a $2,300 cash incentive on 2-year and $1,200 on 3-year leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    Hi Car_Man

Could you plese post numbers on a 2 LT/LTZ model 24 month lease? Is the $2300 lease cash available on this model as well?

Thank you!!
    Hi buster6. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2 LT/LTZ with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 65%.

Yes, the lease cash is available on this model too.

Car_man
    Host
  • bil2richbil2rich Member Posts: 5
    Car man, Looking for the lease numbers on a LT1 w/conveniece package and sunroof. 36 or 39 months 15,000 miles. Any rebates or lease cash available? Thanks for the information
  • skoil1357skoil1357 Member Posts: 4
    I see the Malibu LS has lease specials this weekend. Does this apply to the ECO models as well?
    Hi bil2rich. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.7% and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.7% and 52%.

GM is currently providing a $1,050 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this car through Ally. It is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi skoil1357. Yes, General Motors is running special leases on the ECO model.

Car_man
    Host
  • skoil1357skoil1357 Member Posts: 4
    Can you provide the lease rate, residual value and other lease incentives for the Malibu eco1sa/2sa models for March? 24/36 months & 10/12k miles.
    Thank you
    Certainly skoil1357. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 1SA with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 67%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.6% and 57%.

If you were to lease this car with 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

General Motors is providing a $1,450 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. It is waiving the first monthly payment on leases too.

Car_man
    Host
  • koebotkoebot Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Car_man,

Can you please post the top tier money factor and residual on a 15k mile Malibu 2LZ for May 2013?

Also, are there any available lease incentives for this month?

Thank you
    Sure koebot. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu with 15,000 miles per year are 1.6% and 56%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • cellicecellice Member Posts: 53
    Is GM offering any loyalty or conquest cash currently?
    Hey cellice. I haven't seen any loyalty offers, but there is a $500 conquest offer for current owners of non General Motors vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • etrout85etrout85 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Anyone know the Malibu LT 2013 MF and Res % in Southern Cali. Any incentives we know about? Source too please, very important (dealerships would want the source if they don't believe me >.<).

Thanks.
    Hi etrout85. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT with 15,000 miles per year are 0.94% and 56%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.