Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Chevrolet Suburban Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited April 2015 in Chevrolet
This discussion is dedicated to lease questions for Chevrolet Suburban, model years 2014 and earlier. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Chevrolet Suburban page.

Comments

• dettleffdettleff Member Posts: 1
    Sorry if this is a novice question.

I just looked at a 2006 Suburban 1500LT w/ leather. The sticker was $44,770. The quote I got from the dealer was $37,877. What could I expect for a lease payment? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dettleff. The only silly question about leasing is the one that you don't ask. Leasing can be very confusing if you don't understand how it works and dealers often take advantage of this. You seem to be new to the game of leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The problem with estimating what the lease payment should be on the truck that you are interested in using the price that you were quoted is that the dealer probably took the $3,500 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the '06 Suburban into account to arrive at this price. GM's customer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program. You need to find out how much the dealer that you are working with is willing to sell you this truck for before the customer cash is taken into account. This will be its price if you want to lease it. Also, in order to give you an idea of what your lease payment will be like for this truck, I need you to tell me how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • grnfishgrnfish Member Posts: 6
    We are interested in a 2006 Suburban 4x4 Lt 1SM. What is the current lease program from GMAC on this vehical? We would be leasing it for 3 years and 15,000 miles.
    Greetings grnfish. If you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban 4WD through GMAC for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.5% and 54%, respectively through April 4th. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that GM is currently providing a $1,000 bonus on units that have been in dealer inventory since mid-November. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost of the truck that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man. What is the program on the 2007?
    Car Man has the lease program from GMAC changed for April? I am just interested in the 2006 Suburban. Thanks
    You're very welcome, grnfish.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again. GM's lease program for some models did change for April, so let's take another look at GMAC's numbers for the Suburban. If you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.5% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • roncoemdroncoemd Member Posts: 3
    I am entering into a lease of a 2007 Suburban LT3 with the options of second row captain chairs, third row bench seat, power liftgate and 20 inch chrome wheels. MRSP is $44,790 and purchase price is $38,800. Local tax rate 8%. The price reflects all dealer and customer incentives. Mileage is 20,000 per year and lease rate is 6.3%. No money down. My GMAC lease payment is going to be about $659 per month. Is this a good deal? What is the current GMAC residual for such a vehicle? What other expenses should I rightfully expect to pay at signing? Thanks, Ron
  • roncoemdroncoemd Member Posts: 3
    This is to inform everyone of the deal that I got on a 2007 Suburban LT3 with second row captain chairs, third row bench seat, power lifgate and 20 inch chrome wheels. MRSP was $44,790. Purchase price $38,800. GMAC residual was 60% and lease rate 6.3%/money factor .002625. With 20,000 miles per year and 8% local tax, my lease payment is $587.00. I paid the GMAC lease acquisition fee of $595 and deposit of $600 up front. This deal included the dealer keeping the customer cash back incentive of $2,000 and the dealer cash incentive currently being offered of $1,000. The base lease rate without tax and the additional miles above the standard 15,000 per year(5000 miles per year at 10 cents per mile) is $504.00 per month. Hope you can benefit from this information. Ron
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    I was quoted the following on an 07 LT# with various options and just wondering if Car_man could render an opinion as to how it looks. I am happy with the capital cost (I am getting partner's pricing which seems to reduce the MSRP to nearly the invoice price without the haggling). I know I am probably leaving out needed details but here's what I can think of:

Cap Cost: $46,422
    12k per year
    39 month lease
    $672 per month (including tax)
    $1,472 in inception fees that include 1st month's payment

Thanks in advance!
  • jb1hb1997jb1hb1997 Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman, I am looking to lease a new 2007 chevy suburban by the end of this year with an msrp of $46,214. and I can get the vehicle for $40,017. (gm supplier discount + current offers). I am looking for a 36 or 39 month lease with $0. down Can you please tell me what monthly lease price I should be expecting to pay?
    Hi pmannymo. If you are able to lease a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban with a capitalized cost that is close to dealer invoice, you are getting a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 6.9% to calculate your truck's lease payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you, jb1hb1997. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban that has an MSRP of $46,214 and a selling price of $40,017 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $537. The selling price that you mentioned is very very low. I suspect that it some sort of cash incentive, like the $2,000 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the '07 Suburban, was used to arrive at it. Unfortunately, no cash incentives are compatible with GMAC's current lease program for this truck. As a result, the capitalized cost for a lease of one through GM's supplier program would probably be a little higher than this and so would its monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • scottk517scottk517 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2007 LT3 Z71 with a selling price of $46,400. I am in NY and want 12k/yr. I will put down whatever is required. I am 2,500 upsidedown on my trade. What would the payment be with the trade-in cost put into the lease and what the payment would be if I put the money down to even out the trade. Also, what would the residual be? Thanks

Scott
  • holdenoversoulholdenoversoul Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an 07 Burb Z71 1500 4x4 , loaded w/every option.
    MSRP 53,560
    Paid 47863 out the door including tax, small doc fee, tags, everything.
    Thanks to all the helpful info here I was able to negotiate much stronger.
    Hi Scott. If you are $2,500 upside down on the vehicle that you plan on trading in when you lease your new Suburban, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pay that money off out of your own pocket so that you can start fresh with your new lease. I would be happy to use GMAC's current lease program to estimate what this truck's monthly payment should be for you right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and to tell me how long you want to lease it for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • yojediyojedi Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I am also considering a 07 3-year lease. Could ou update us on the latest GMAC lease program; money factor, residual, milage allowance ad charge per mile etc.?

Thanks,
    Jerry
  • nickalphernickalpher Member Posts: 3
    After talking to several dealers in Fairfield County Conn. this weekend, a 3yr/15k lease is 6.9%APR, and 59% residual on a Suburban LTZ (MSRP $54,700 about $850/month). The current GM rebate of $2000 is not offered with the lease, so the cap cost is $2k higher than a straight buy. Ignoring monthly payments, the cost of ownership of leasing appears prohibitive when compared to straight buy/financing. Does anyone know why GMAC doesn't want to induce customers into leasing? Is there any room to negotiate on the APR of 6.9% whcih seems very high? Do you see any additional rebates or leasing incentives in the next few weeks with President's weekend? They seem to have a lot of Suburbans on the lot.
  • nickalphernickalpher Member Posts: 3
    did you buy or lease the vehicle? what gm rebates did you get?
    I started doing some reading on edmunds.com regarding leasing and found out the following in regards to calculating leasing payment that might interest everyone;

1. First of all you are being taxed on the purchase price, 7.75% in my case.
    2. This sales tax amoun is then added to the leasing equation as part of your capitalized cost to determine your base monthly lease payment (before tax).
    3. Then, a local sales tax is added to your base monthly lease payment bill to come to your final monthly lease payment.

Am I wrong in thinking that we are being doubled taxed?
  • pwinscottpwinscott Member Posts: 4
    Hi CarMan:

Can you provide me with the current money factor and residual for a 2007 Suburban 4wd 3/4 ton LT 6.0 L with MSRP of $51,500?

Thanks.
    I just leased a 2007 Suburban 1500 2W LT w/ 2LT, Z71, 2nd row bucket seats, 3rd row bench seating. MSRP is $44250, purchase price is $403346. Unfortunately the $2K rebate is not applicable since I opted to go with GMAC lease. However GMAC lease program is very aggressive; 36-month, 63% residual value, 6.9% APR (0.0028 money factor).
  • pwinscottpwinscott Member Posts: 4
    Was that lease a smart lease? Does gm call all of their lease programs "smart leases"? The dealer is quoting me the following:
    MSRP $51,500 (Suburban 2500 LT3 4wd)
    Selling price $47,312 (he claims that is $100 below invoice). My payment for a 36 month lease with 12 mi per year is $737.00. I have to put down $2600.00. Does this sound right to you?
    Yes, it's the SmartLease. I'm sure you can find out what the actual invoice price is from Edmunds.com. Go to this site;

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

and use the lease calculate to figure out your monthly payment. I did and the result was VERY close to my actual. If your dealer hasn't already disclose to you the residual value and money facotr for your particular model, ust plug in the 63% residula value, 6.9% APR and other relevant information and it will do the rest for you. Remember to include additional fees such as the $590 lease acquisition fee, security deposit (if required) and title/registration fees.

As for my lease, $1670 down and $607 a month.
    Here's the info that you're looking for, Jerry. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban with 15,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 60%, respectively. I am not sure exactly how much GMAC charges per additional mile purchased at lease signing. You'll have to find that out from your dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi nickalpher. General Motors really has not had to provide any lease support on the Suburban since it was redesigned. That's why its current lease program is so bad. The 6.9% lease rate that you were quoted is GMAC's base rate for this truck right now. Individual dealers do not have the authority to lower this rate. GM did introduce special finance and cash offers on the '07 Suburban for President's Day, but it's lease program is still basically the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi pwinscott. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current 36 month base lease rate and residual value for the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban with 15,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hsensihsensi Member Posts: 5
    I am currently negotiating a deal on a new Suburban LT3 with DVD, sunroof and 20 inch wheels. The MSRP is $49,200. It also has the custom grill and trim package for $999 (total $50,200). Does $699/month for 39 months with only $1,500 down to cover first month, security, etc) sound like a good deal? I think it does but am wondering if I could do better. It is also for 15k miles. I have until Friday to decide.. they are fixing a scratch in the paint so I haven't signed any papers yet.

I know that none of the rebates are currently good for leases.
    (I dont know what the negotiated selling price is but using carbuyingtips.com spreadsheet it shows my purchase price around $46,400 including the acquisition fee.)
  • hsensihsensi Member Posts: 5
    Just to follow up, I did get the Suburban Lease. (Reedman Toll)
    LT3 w/ DVD, sunroof, 20 inch wheels plus custom grill and trim package (MSRP 49,200 excluding grill and trim). I took the GMAC smart lease instead of the security deposit incase the kids beat the heck out of the truck. My final price was $44,629.... $1,500 down, $703/ month, 39 months, 15k miles/ year
  • my3boys1my3boys1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi I am interested in leasing either a 2007 chevy suburban with dvd or a gmc yukon XL with dvd. I live in MD and was wondering if there are any special leases in the state of MD currently?
    Thank You,
    Greetings hsensi. You're right, the $2,000 customer cash that is currently available on the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban is not available on GMAC leases. Is the selling price that you mentioned in your an estimate that you came up with or did the dealer actually quote it to you? Make sure that you find out exactly what this truck's price is before committing to lease it. If the selling price is actually $46,400, that represents a $2,800 discount from this truck's MSRP. The truck that you described probably has a spread of around $4,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the '07 Suburban in your ares, but you still have $2,000 to play with. If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to shop around to see if you can beat this price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello my3boys1. While General Motors is technically running a "special" lease program on the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban and the 2007 GMC Yukon XL right now, it's not that great. The $2,000 customer cash that is currently available on the '07 Suburban is not compatible with GMAC's lease program and its current lease rate for this truck is 6.9%. Its lease rate for the '07 GMC Yukon XL is even worse at 7.2%. GM's lease program for these trucks has been pretty consistent, so I don't expect it to improve much in the near future.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • newsmannewsman Member Posts: 2
    car_man,

Can you help me with the money factor and residual on a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ?
  • jimmy24jimmy24 Member Posts: 10
    Guys, two prong problem. My wife leased an 06 volvo xc90 and we are paying about 500/mo for 3 mos. We are about 1 year into lease and car just not big enough- wife wants suburban. Problem one, what is best way to get rid of volvo w/ about 2 years left on lease, am i going to have to eat a lot of money? Problem two, went to Atlanta d'ship yesterday and they quoted 750/mo for 36 mo lease even though suburban only 7-8k more than Volvo. What gives? Is there a comprable suv less in lease? Tahoe? Also, given we're in the lease is there a better time of year when Chevy has incentives on the suburban LT? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Jimmy
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Jimmy24 said: Problem one, what is best way to get rid of volvo w/ about 2 years left on lease, am i going to have to eat a lot of money?
    Probably. 2 years is a long time to be left on a lease you want to bail on. Those $750 payments on a new Suburban may include your lease payoff on the Volvo. Otherwise it seems way high for just the Suburban. Better sharpen up the pencil and see whats going on.
    Here you go, newsman. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban with 15,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Jimmy. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

General Motors' lease program on the Suburban is not very attractive, but a $750 lease payment still sounds pretty high. What MSRP and selling price were you quoted for the truck that you want? Let me know and I will give you a detailed analysis of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • isalexisalex Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-Man:

It is Labor Day wekend (9/1/2007), and I am trying to lease a Chevy Suburban LTZ for 3 yr lease, 12k miles, $700/month or lower. I live in the Daly City, California area. If anyone has hints.referrals, I would surely appreciate it. I am ready to sig up ASAP. The 2008's are in and so I am hoping to catch a good deal on the 2007's. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!
  • isalexisalex Member Posts: 4
    Oops...I forgot to add that I want to put nothing down, and get the 2007 Suburban LTZ for $700, INCLUDING TAX, or less. I think it is very possible although the dealers will say otherwise. I can smell a big sale after Labor day....am i wrong??
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • sampson464646sampson464646 Member Posts: 8
    Hello, I have neogiated a purchase price on a LTZ 4x4 of $46,800 - would someone assist me with a 24 and 36 month lease price? Thanks for the assistance!
  • micromediumsmicromediums Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

I leased a new 2008 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/LT3. Thing is loading with Nav System... the works!!! I think I got a good deal, but wanted to know if others thought so. Plus I'd like to know if anyone else has an estimate for "real-life" MPG?

Note: I do not get GM Discount of any kind.
    $3550 in available rebates & bonus Cash.
    MSRP 54,274 BuyPrice : 48,000 39month/15000 miles a year. Residual 60% and 7.2% lease rate. $854 due at signing, $589 a month (Note sales tax rate 6%, plate transfer)

Did I do good? Thanks for any and all feedback.
  • go8go8 Member Posts: 58
    Hi. At that price, I think you basically stole the truck from the dealer! With no money down, the cost should have been over $650 a month.
    Hi sampson464646. You were smart to negotiate a selling price on the truck that you are interested in before having the dealer calculate a lease payment on it for you. I would be happy to use GM's current lease program for this model to estimate what its monthly payment should be, but in order for me to do so I need to know its MSRP as well. Met me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mikes4mikes4 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

MSRP is $54,300
    Thanks for the additional information, mikes4. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4x4 that has an MSRP of $54,300 and a selling price of $46,800 through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $684. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be around $634.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that the $2,000 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on it is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • srf2srf2 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man: Could you please tell me the current lease rate and residual value from GMAC for a 2008 Suburban LTZ? Thank you!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, srf2. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that GM introduced on it last week into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • gpd219gpd219 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man-

I live in Central CA looking for a 2008 Suburban Z71 4WD, 2nd row buckets, DVD, Nav...and pretty much every other option. I was quoted 705-month with tax and $2200 out the door on 39 months/39K miles. My quote show a cost of 48,594 and a residual of 32,511. Does this look good/bad/ok??

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.