Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Chevrolet Suburban Lease Questions

Comments

• pebszpebsz Member Posts: 1
    I am in a horribile position: I currently have a supercharged range rover that I paid 90k for. I currently owe 63k. The chevy dealer told me that the most they could give me for it was 53k. I wanted to roll negative into new lease. I am looking to lease a 08 suburban with a msrp of 52k 15k miles 36 mths florida sales tax. He is a long time friend( haha)`but true. He is telling me that he is only making money on the holdback. He is giving me a payment of 1240 per month. I think is is way to high. What do you think?
  • carjugglercarjuggler Member Posts: 5
    If you are looking for a short term lease with almost no money down keep in mind that people are trying to get out of thier leases using various lease trading websites. I am one of those people and am even offering extra money down just to get rid of it! Just another option... no dealer needed! :)
  • metro2metro2 Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at a 2008 suburban LTZ loaded. MSRP 55930 with a gms price of 48567....3000 rebates bring it down to $45567....No money down at 39 months and 15k per year....Price quote is 629 per month. Is that in line with what your numbers say? Thank you in advance.....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gpd219. You need to compare the selling price that you mentioned to this truck's full MSRP. That will show you how much of a discount you are being given on it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice or so, minus the $1,000 owner loyalty cash that is available on leases of it right now, if you are eligible for it. You can look up this truck's exact invoice price by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi pebsz. Why not just keep your Range Rover until you are less upside down on it? Rolling $10,000 in negative equity into your new lease, if that is even possible, is definitely not a good idea.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi metro2. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on this truck for you. Keep in mind though that the $2,000 customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2008 Chevrolet Suburban is not compatible with GMAC's special lease program. GM is providing a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on the 2008 Suburban. Given the fact that you are taking advantage of GMS pricing, I suspect that you qualify for this and I will take it into account. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban that has an MSRP of $55,930 and a selling price of $47,567 (GMS - $1,000 loyalty) through GMAC right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $616.

Car_man
    Host
  • trimarc140trimarc140 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    I am currently looking at two SUV's, here is one that I'd like info on please. Thank you!
    Can you please give me the Monthly payment before tax and the total up front that I should expect on the following car?
    Zip Code: 33156
    SUV: 2008 Suburban LTZ with Chrome appear Pack
    MSRP: 50,355 minus 2,000 savings offer = 48,355
    Offer Price: What should I expect to get the car for over and above the 2,000 savings?
    Lease: 36 months
    Miles: 15,000
    What should the lease payment be and how much up front should I be paying based on what you think I should negotiate the price down to?

Also, do 18,000 miles per year leases exist? How much would that increase the monthly payment by? Thank you!!
  • calvinhobbescalvinhobbes Member Posts: 7
    I am just starting to shop for a Suburban LTZ lease. I am a current GM owner and I live in the New York City metro area.

I was wondering what the current incentives, residuals and money factors are for 36, 39 and 48 month leases at 12k miles per year.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Excellent username, calvinhobbes. I used to love that cartoon. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 Chevrolet Suburban with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 7.2% and 62%. This truck's 48 month numbers are 7.2% and 55%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest cash that GM is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • trimarc140trimarc140 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for answering mine Car Man! Your a champ, so helpful. Have a great life.
    You're very welcome, trimarc140.

Car_man
    Host
  • cassiemouncassiemoun Member Posts: 3
    I got into a 5-1/2 year lease on my 2004 Chevy Suburban. Monthly payment is $643 a month. The lease is up in 12 months. Mileage is 53,000 miles, which is right on target. I am wondering if I can trade it in early. When should I do it? How much cash will be due to keep to vehicle? Is that a firm number?
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    cassiemoun said: I am wondering if I can trade it in early. When should I do it?
    Now is not going to be a good time to get out of your lease on a Suburban. The market for "SUVs" is all but gone due to the high fuel prices. I think you will do much, much better by waiting until the lease is up then turning the vehicle in. Do some shopping but I don't think you will want to hear what the dealers are going to tell you.
    Hi cassiemoun. Wow, a 5 1/2 year lease. That's a long time. You must be glad that it is coming to an end. This lease must no be through GMAC, I don't think that it even offers leases which are that long. If it is through GMAC, it is running an early lease termination program right now that lets current lessees out of their deals up to two months early if they purchase or lease a new GM product, but a full year is a long time. Chances are that it will be cheaper if you just wait until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Excellent point, rockman59. The trade-in values of SUVs are unbelievably bad right now. Any chance that Cassie had of getting out of her lease early with a minimal loss flew out the window when gas prices went this high. At least she is leasing and doesn't own the Suburban. I thank my lucky stars every day that I am leasing my SUV and that I will be able to get out of it and let the bank absorb the huge loss on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    Is the $2k customer cash and $2k bonus cash available on a lease? i assume the add'l $2000 purchase cash is not.

Can you confirm that rates/residual for july did not change when chevy updated incentives yesterday.

interesting that none of the ads or chevy website mention the choice of taking $4k/6k on a lease/purchase over the 0% financing for 72 mos.....

Given the inventory msot dealers seem to have can we expect that chevy will change around and increase the incentives on "leftovers" starting the week of July 7th or will they allow July to be a bust and wait for August to really blow out leftovers?

Also whey hasnt chevy touched the GM card redemption allowances?? I am sitting on over $5k and have to believe that they will at least double the existing $1500 limit that applies to my GM earnings or ideally drop the limits altogether and "reward" card users for the remaining '08s....

my goal is to purchase (maybe lease) an '08 Suburban LTZ stickering for $55k for a total of $12-14k off sticker at 2.9% over 60mos less another $2500-5000 in GM earnings.....Now I just need Chevy to play along and hold the 60mo rate at 2.9%, up the basic customer cash to $4k plus another bonus/purchase/conquest cash of $4k and tinker with the redemption allowances. anyone want to take bets?

I suspect that they wont seriously subsidize leases and risk getting these trucks back in 24-39 mos with low residuals and bloated buyout prices based on a soft used market and residuals based on MSRP that was $8-10k higher than the capitalized cost...
    Hi irishrogue1. Through July 7th, General Motors is providing a total of $2,000 bonus cash that can be used on leases of the '08 Suburban through GMAC ($4,000 on cash purchases). It is difficult to say what GM's incentives will look like for the rest of July, but I would not be surprised if the 0% for 72 months and some of the bonus cash disappeared for a few weeks until GM realized that it will not be able to unload its leftover '08 models without aggressive promotions.

Car_man
    Host
  • bam419bam419 Member Posts: 1
    I had tagged a suburban through the GM pep program due to come in july 7th and it came in today... Unfortionatally for me they dropped the $4k rebates and my payment would be $170 higher which we cant afford... Do you think they will bring back the lease rebates for july or wait till august... I dont want to buy even with the $6k off I have bought my last 3 trucks and was actually excited to lease this time..
    thanks
    pissed off in oxford MI :mad:
  • wiesemdwiesemd Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in leasing a 2008 Suburban, 36 months, high end LTZ. I'm lucky enough to have a GM employee as a father-in-law, so I get to factor in GMS prices as well. What are the latest numbers for a lease deal, what rebates apply, latest residual values? Also, any clue if it is getting harder to get a lease, since it is all over the news that GMAC (as well as other domestic lease companies) are taking a beating on SUV's?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Hi wiesemd. Unfortunately, General Motors just cut way back on its lease support starting August 1st. It no longer offers special lease rates or residual values for the Chevrolet Suburban. As a result, if you were to lease one through GMAC you would have to use its standard lease program, which is absolutely horrific. If you absolutely have to lease this truck, you would be best off using the cash incentives that are available on it to reduce its selling price and than leasing it through an independent bank.

Instead of a special lease program, GM is now offering 0% financing for up to 6 years or $6,000 customer cash on the '08 Suburban.

Car_man
    Host
  • wiesemdwiesemd Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply! Any recommendations on independent banks that offer leases?
    You're welcome, wiesemd. Dealers usually have access to systems that enable them to search the country for the bank that has the best available lease program on a particular vehicle at any given time. Chances are if there is a reasonable lease program available out there on the Suburban dealers will know about it and steer you in that direction.

Car_man
    Host
  • KMS2009KMS2009 Member Posts: 3
    hello car_man

can you please provide the latest lease info for a 2008 Z-71? looking for the money factor (rate) and residual value on a 36 and 39 month lease with 12K miles a year. Can you als provide the same info for a 2009?

thanks in advance
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    in a few months and I hoping I will be able to lease a 2009 Suburban at a fair price.

Are good leases still available or will be by May 2009? Or are thye going to steer everyone into purchases?

What should I expect??
    Hi KMS2009. Unfortunately, General Motors' current cash problems have forced it to pull the plug on leasing. You might be able to lease a Suburban through an independent bank, but if you really want one you will probably be better off financing it using GMAC's special rates, paying cash for it, or taking the cash incentives and financing it through an independent bank.

If you are completely set on leasing, you probably will be better off going with a different truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi murphy4. Please see my previous post.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I actually rented a new Suburban for a road trip with my family a couple of months ago and I came away extremely impressed with it. It's a great truck, just not a great one to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man! I am now leaning more towards a purchase. Trying to see what the best 5 year rates are out there. It is primarily for my wife and she does not drive that much......9000/year. So after 5 years thats only 45-50k on the Suburban, from what I see with decent care it hsould be in fine shape.

Now I just need to find best loan and best deal.
    You're very welcome, murphy4.

Car_man
    Host
    Has anyone leased a 2009 Suburban in last few months? Is there any competitive leases out there on this vehicle?
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car_Man,

What are the current incentives and lease programs on the Suburbans? Would be interested in 36-39 months at 12K miles per year.

Thanks.
    Hey jim53. You definitely do not want to lease a Suburban through GMAC. General Motors is not currently providing any lease support on this truck, so the interest rates on it would be sky high. Plus its residual values are in the mid-thirty percent range. This is not a good truck to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • penn2penn2 Member Posts: 128
    Hello Car_man

What is current residual and lease rate for LTZ at 39 mos and 12k/yr? Any available incentives?

Thank you!
    Hello penn2. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,825 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man -- but wow, not too attractive ... especially the residual. Will wait and see what July brings

Thanks again
    You're very welcome penn2.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man -- now that we're in to July....has the lease offer improved at all for the LTZ? What is residual for 10k mi/year? Further incentives? I don't see a lot of these trucks being sold/leased.... thanks!!!
    Hey penn2. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 41%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcatan33jcatan33 Member Posts: 5
    Car_MAN

Can you provide the residual value that Chevy is providing for this Lease deal?

Chevrolet National Lease Offers
    2011 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 2WD w/1LS
    Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
    $499/month 39 month lease.

$2,269 due at signing (after all offers). Includes security deposit.
    Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
    Mileage charge of $0.20 /mile over 39,000 miles.
    Read full offer details
    Example based on survey. Each dealer sets own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2011 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 2WD w/1LS with an MSRP of $42,285. 39 monthly payments total $19,461. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Ally Bank must approve lease. Take delivery by 10-03-2011. Mileage charge of $0.20/mile over 39,000 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply.
    I'd be happy to help you out, jcatan33. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban LS 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 44%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,800 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    Car_man can you list the current terms for lease on a 2012 Suburban LTZ 4x4? How about on a 2012 Suburban LT Z71 4x4?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out eclou. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban LTX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and an unattractive 41%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,850 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrbcarmrbcar Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    Car man,

What is current lease residual and money factor on 2012 Chevrolet Suburban 4WD 1500 LTZ?

Thanks.
    Hi mrbcar. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 40%, respectively.

GM is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • cjwilson41cjwilson41 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man - It is awesome & refreshing that there is a place to go where you are so forthright about the ongoing lease terms. I have a couple questions for you.

Chevy is running the below leasing special on the base Suburban model, do the good money factors and residuals used in the special also apply for more upgraded versions? I want a 2012 2500 LT and want a good handle on the terms of the lease before talking with a deal. What are the terms for this Suburban? Thank you!

Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
    $479/month 39 month lease.
    $3,439 due at signing (after all offers).
    Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
    Mileage charge of $0.20 /mile over 39,000 miles.
    I'm glad that you find the Edmunds forums so helpful, cjwilson41.

General Motors' lease rates are the same for all Suburban trim levels, but its residual values vary. Ally's current 39-month lease rate for all 2012 Suburbans is 1.1%.

As you can see, General Motors publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. you can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

The residual value for a 39-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of 2012 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT AWD through Ally is 42%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $4,250 cash incentive that GM is providing on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • chuckso145chuckso145 Member Posts: 8
    car man,
    I wanted to check the deal I got for a 2012 suburban LS with the all star pakage.

39 month 10k miles
    MSRP $48,965
    Dealer lower the price to $45,337, then applied rebates and lease conquest
    rebates $7244
    adj cap cost $38,787
    I paid $2907 for tax tags title and 1st month payment.
    Payment is $489.00 per month
    Hi chuckso145. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • eyemaliveeyemalive Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2012
    Car_man

Could you please let me know what the current lease residual and money factor on 2012 Chevrolet Suburban 2WD 1500 LTZ is? Looking at 24 or 36 month lease.

Do the same rates apply to GMC Yukon XL's?

Also, what incentives should I look for?

Thanks a million in advance,
    Josh
  • svtcobrajonsvtcobrajon Member Posts: 1
    Carman

I've just started looking at leases for a 2wd 1500 LT, all star, leather . The first quote I got is below. I'm trying to guage where this stands. Looks to be on the high side to me.

MSRP 50255
    Discount 3965
    $ down 683 first payment
    Rebate 4575
    $683/month 12k miles
    Hi svtcobrajon. There's probably a gap of around $3,500 between this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price, so the $3,965 dealer discount that you are being given looks good to me.

If you're going through Ally, make sure that the dealer is using its current 36-month base lease rate of 1.0% to work up your payment.

Using the data that you mentioned, this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $613. Sales tax would likely account for some of the difference. It's possible that some fees are being rolled into the lease as well.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.