Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chrysler 300. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• mschiavonemschiavone Member Posts: 4
    Carman,

I'm in NY looking to lease a Chrystler 300 for MSRP 36,000. Can you give me the money factor and residual. I'm looking at 36 months with 12k miles per year. I'm planning to buy in September.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mschiavone. If you were to lease a base 2006 Chrysler 300 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 63%, respectively. This car's lease program is different if you want a higher trim level, like a Touring model, or one that is equipped with AWD. Let me know if you are interested in a 300 other than the base model and I will let you know what its exact lease program is currently like. When negotiating your lease ont his car, make sure to take the $500 bonus cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on it into account. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carman for the info.

In fact I am looking to lease. I am looking at the 2006 AWD Touring addition with sunroof and sound group.

Can you expand on the current lease offers? Are the money factor and residual the same for the AWD Touring?

Thanks
  • 540dude540dude Member Posts: 38
    Can you give me the information on the lease program for the 300C SRT-8?
  • kctimekctime Member Posts: 1
    I have never leased a vehicle so bear with me...I am planning on leasing a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8. It is a very low production vehicle that most dealers are marking up $2-3k, but my dealer is leasing the car to me at MSRP. The money factor he quotes is 0.00235 with a residual value of $26,342.25. Initial cap cost is $47,895, L.E.V. is calculated at 55%, Bank fees/gap is $700. 36 mo. term, 15k miles per year. Does this seem reasonable?
    You're welcome, mschiavone. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 AWD Touring through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year (a typical term / mileage, let me know if you plan on going with a different length / mileage), its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00236 and 57%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $500 bonus cash on it. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Funny that you should ask about the SRT-8 version of this car, 540dude. I just moved another post with a question on the same exact model here. My next post should contain a lot of the information that you are looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kctime. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

As far as this car's current lease program goes, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 should be .00195 and 55%, respectively. The last time that I saw it, Chrysler Financial's base lease acquisition fee, it was only $550. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with may be selling you this car without the price mark-up that many other dealers try to get on it, but it is then trying to make up for some of this lost profit on the back-end of your deal by marking up your car's money factor and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks so much Car Man. I knew I that the Chrysler dealer in Westchester County was trying to rip me off. (Right now I am choosing between a 300C SRT-8 and an Infiniti M45 Sport).

The Westchester County dealer was happy to sell me the car at MSRP (A 300C SRT8 with all options except the rear DVD), which is a little more than $46K. Then he had the termerity to quote me $850 per month for a taxes-rolled in lease and $785 per month for a taxes up front lease!! That's more than I am paying for my 2003 540i Sport, which stickered north of $60K.

Of course, when I heard this bullcrap, I immeditely asked him what the money factor was. He responded with a number that, when multiplied by 2400 translated into an APR of 7.2%.

I told him that that was totally unacceptable and told me that I wanted the BASE money factor and that I knew that that was marked up. He would not budge. Accordingly, I terminated the conversation.

Bottom line: Chrysler dealers are getting saavy to the fact that consumers don't want to pay more than MSRP for the 300C SRT8. So they are marking up the lease money factor and toying with the residual value to make their killing that way.

Well, it looks like I will be going with the M45 Sport. The Infiniti dealer in Bergen County, NJ has been straighforward and has treated me with respect and has not played these stupid games that every single Chrysler dealer has with the 300C SRT8. (A Chysler dealer in Central Bergen County, NJ wanted $3K over sticker and monthly lease payments over $900 per month--we are talking Mercedes S-Class territory). (Another Chrysler dealer in Northern Bergen County, NJ in Ramsey wanted $2K over sticker--and then marked up the lease money factor to over 12% APR, resulting in monthly payments that exceeded $1,200--I told that moron that for that kind of cash, I would lease a Mercedes E55 or BMW M5. He then offered me $1000 per month for a plain vanilla 300C! Sorry, but for that kind of cash, I will lease a BMW 750. Of course, I walked out).

I am still waiting on one more Chrysler dealer in Central Pennsylvania. Perhaps that dealer will be more honest that the crooks who call themselves Chrysler dealers in the New York metro area. This is the first time that I have ever considered an American car since I was in my teens. Given these cheeseball experiences with NYC-area Chrysler dealers, it will be my last. The Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW dealers that I have dealt with have never played games like the Chrysler dealers have.
    You're very welcome 540dude. $1,200 a month for a Chrysler 300 is absolutely laughable, even for an SRT-8. You were right to walk out on that dealer. I wouldn't do business with them in the future either if I had gotten a quote like that from them. Good luck in your quest for a new vehicle and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks,

I actually thought that $1000 per month for a regular 300C was even more ridiculous than the $1200 quoted to me for the SRT8.

I later went to a foreign car branch of the same family of dealerships. The salesman, without any prompting, volunteered that the sales department at that Chrysler dealership is known for this kind of behavior.
    Well I finally did receive numbers on a proposed lease from the dealer in Central Pa.

Here are the proposed terms for a 300C SRT with the following options: SRT Option Package 1, SRT Option Package 2 and Kicker sound system. I did not opt for the rear DVD. MSRP on this car, so equipped, is $46795:

1. Selling price is MSRP ($46,795).

2. Money factor is .00195

3. Residual is (allegedly) 56%

4. 18,000 miles per year

5. Term is 36 months.

6. Sales tax of 8.625% (I live in NYC) is rolled into the payment.

Dealer claims that the monthly payment is $835 per month with taxes rolled into the payment.

Here's the rub: when I ran these numbers through the lease calculators on www.leaseguide.com and www.morebusiness.com and www.mortgages.interest.com, I get $775.90 per month--NOT the $835 per month that the dealer is quoting me. When I ran these number through the lease calculator on Bloomberg.com, I get $767.09--again NOT the $835 per month that the dealer is quoting me.

Sadly, I again come to the conclusion that the dealer is ripping me off (although not nearly to the extent of the amounts that the Westchester and Bergen County dealers attempted to gouge me). Am I wrong??

Looks like I will be getting the Infiniti M45 at this rate (Best quote I got was $1,000 over invoice for a fully loaded M45 Sport (all options other than full aero kit and rear DVD) with monthly payments of $737, taxes rolled in, and, for that lease, the numbers do add up).
    You're welcome 540dude. The 300 is a cool looking vehicle, but for $1,000 a month the trunk better be filled with gold bullion. All these Chrysler dealers messing with me would leave a bad taste in my mouth too. At this point, I'd probably go with a different brand if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    I did go with another brand--the Infiniti M45 Sport. I was very turned off by the sales practices of the many Chrysler dealers that I dealt with. More tricks than a Ringling Brothers Circus. The bottom line is that, with the 300 C SRT8, unless you are having in cash, you will end up spending as much on the car as for cars costing $15000 more.
    Carman,

I was quoted a 06 AWD Limited 300. Including the options, MSRP was 35,600. The price he gave me was 33,230. He said the residual is 55% and money factor .00328 (seems really high).

I stated I only wanted a 36 month lease but the salesman said Chrystler wouldn't let them go do a 36 month, only a 39 month. Is this really true??

For 39 months, 12k miles and 2500 down, the payment was 528 a month for the lease. Seems really high. Can you give me your residual and money factor for this trim?
    I am glad that you ended up finding a car that you will be happy with without being taken advantage of, 540dude. Enjoy your new M45 :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mschiavone. The salesperson who told you that Chrysler Financial would not let them run a 36 month lease on this car was not exactly telling the truth. You can do a 36 month lease on a 2006 Chrysler 300 right now if you want to, but the 39 month lease program is more attractive and probably the way that I would go if I was interested in leasing one right now. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Chrysler Financial's buy rate money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 300 Limited AWD is currently only .00228. The 55% residual value that you were quoted is correct though. Let's calculate a 39 month lease payment for this car using Chrysler Financial's actual base lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 3006 Chrysler 300 Limited AWD with an MSRP of $35,600 and a selling price of $33,230 through Chrysler Financial right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $471. With a $2,500 down payment, which I highly advise against, the payment for an otherwise identical lease would drop to around $401. As you can see, the deal that you were quoted is terrible. Man, what's with Chrysler dealers gouging consumers so badly on the 300 anyhow?

Car_man
    Host
  • maxridermaxrider Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the discussion - please tell me if this is a good deal - 300 Touring MSRP$29,150 / 36 month lease / $1700 down / $392 month/includes tax/ 12,000 miles per yr. thanks again MAX
    No problem maxrider. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxridermaxrider Member Posts: 2
    Car_man-

Greetings & thanks,

Here is the deal: 300 Limited AWD MSRP $36875 Selling Price $33472 39 month/39k miles, Trade-In +$1950
    Thanks for the additional information, maxrider. Let's estimate what this car's lease payment should be and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 Limited AWD with an MSRP of $36,875 and a selling price of $33,472 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $478. If you were to use your trade-in allowance as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease, it would drop this car's payment to around $423. However, I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Chrysler 300 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjbennetttjbennett Member Posts: 3
    Am I way off base in thinking I can get a 300 Touring AWD for around $350 - $360 month? I don't want any of the packages, except maybe a sunroof. What is the going price either leasing or buying and for how many years? Also I don't want to put anything down.
  • greyhaired59greyhaired59 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

Need help by 9:30AM Eastern time Friday 11/11!

Received the following final offer from the dealer today 11/10. Is this a Good Lease Price?

MSRP: $35,890

Miles: 15,000

39 Month Lease 505.36 monthly (Includes Sales Tax 6% and GAP)

$1,000 Out of Pocket at signing (Includes 1st Month Payment & Registration for term of Lease ~ $352).

I do not know any of the Lease details.

Do you know the What the Residual and money factor should be on this car?

Is this a good deal or could I have done better.

I also found out this evening that Chrysler is now giving a $1,000 cash bonus on Leases for the 300C. The dealer did not mention it. Could be why he improved his best offer late today.

How does this cash bonus usually work?

Is this a good deal with the $1,000 factored into the above?

Thanks
  • govols2govols2 Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man:

I got an internet quote from a local dealer:

2006 Chrysler 300C MSRP $38,925.00

Cap Cost $36,586.00 plus tax tag title fees (includes $1000 Off)

What should I expect for Money Factor and Residual for 36 or 39 Months?

Many Thanks,
    David
  • govols2govols2 Member Posts: 9
    Here is my dealer quote:

MSRP 38830
    Cap Cost 35586 which is invoice plus advertising dollars
    Money Factor .00229
    Residual 56%
    39 months
    12k per year
    Payment $505.87 plus State Sales Tax

I would like some feedback on this note.

Thanks,
    David
    Hi tjbennett. Your exact lease payment for this car will vary depending upon a number of factors, including how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, and its selling price. If you provide me with this information, along with its full MSRP, I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect on one. You can find this car's MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of price you will have to pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi David. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00266 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00229 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi David. The lease program that you were quoted is right in line with Chrysler Financial's current program for this car. This is a good thing. Since DaimlerChrysler is providing $1,000 bonus cash on the 2006 Chrysler 300 this month, the price that you were quoted for this car (dealer invoice) is really equivalent to around $1,000 over invoice. This is a reasonable price for this car. Something is not right about the lease payment that you were quoted though. I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $487 for the car that you described using this money factor and residual value. You need to ask the dealer why the payment that you were quoted for this car is too high.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevernstevern Member Posts: 41
    Car_Man, please see my post in the Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease forums. You are a very popular person to get in touch with! Thanks.
  • chevyguy2chevyguy2 Member Posts: 3
    What is the current residual and lease factor on a 2006 300C AWD from Chrysler 39 month lease. Are these rated posted anywhere. Will these rates change to be more favorable toward the end of December?

Also, when you get a quote from a dealer, do they include GAP insurance, and any other kind of fees, like paperwork and/or disposition. And, do they include these as part of the negotiated price?
  • cdbullandbearcdbullandbear Member Posts: 1
    Hi there Car Man!

My husband and I are from Queens, NY and we're interested in comparing a leasing option vs. a finance. However, we don't know the first thing about leasing. So my question is what do I have to ask them in order to determine if Im getting a fair deal? I see residuals in past emails and purchase price...whatelse would I need to run this by you? :) Thank you for your time. Christina
  • tjbennetttjbennett Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,
    I've changed since posting this, what I'm looking at now is a Chrysler 300 Touring Signature Series. I would like to lease it for 4 years, with no money down. The MSRP is $30,440, I didn't get a selling price. Also I will drive it 12,000 miles a year.
    Thank You.
    Hi chevyguy2. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD through Chrysler Financial right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00229 and 55%, respectively. I am not aware of any resource that provides this sort of information to the general public. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that is available on Chrysler Financial deals into account. I believe, but am not 100% positive, that Chrysler Financial automatically includes gap insurance in its leases at no additional charge. It charges a lease acquisition fee of $550 on all deals at signing. You can either pay this charge then or have it rolled into your car's capitalized cost. Any sort of doc fees are completely between you and the dealer and are not much more than a way to add additional profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Christina. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The two most important numbers for you to focus on when negotiating your lease are your vehicle's selling price and its lease money factor. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. The selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The money factor is important to know because dealers often have the authority to "mark-up" banks' buy rates to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. I can tell you exactly what the money factor should be like for the car you are considering if you provide me with a detailed description of it and tell me how long you want to lease it for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tjbennett. You definitely shouldn't lease this car for 4 years. Its 48 month lease program is terrible. You would be much better off leasing it for 39 months. Chrysler Financial's current 39 month, 12,000 miles per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring Signature Series are .00264 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • chevyguy2chevyguy2 Member Posts: 3
    If I want to lease with 12,000 rather then 15,000 miles, what changes in the lease factor and residual value?
  • salc1salc1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man;

I have been looking at the 300C and Limited and am about to start negotiating with local dealers. Before I start the process, I'd like to know what the likelihood is of better incentives in January as opposed to making a deal in December.

Thanks.
  • gojayhawksgojayhawks Member Posts: 14
    Hey Car_Man -

I'm looking at leasing a 2006 300C AWD. The one I'm looking at is fully loaded....with a MSRP of $41506. Taking into account the $1000 rebate what should I expect to pay (excluding tax) for a $0 down 39 month 12000 mile lease? Residual?

Thanks in advance for the info.
    Hi mental8y. This car's lease money factors vary depending upon how long you lease it for. A typical 36 month lease of an '06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 through Chrysler Financial would have a buy rate lease money factor of .00251 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Chevyguy2, Chrysler Financial's lease money factors are exactly the same for leases with 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year, but its 12,000 miles per residuals for leases longer than 30 months are 2% higher than its 15,000 miles per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    That is a very good question, salc1. It is difficult to predict what manufacturers' future incentives will be like. Chrysler Financial's residual value for the 2006 300C will almost certainly drop in January, making this car more expensive to lease. The question is whether DaimlerChrysler will reduce its lease money factors or introduce additional lease cash on it to offset this drop. I suspect that this car will cost around the same to lease next month, so you probably would be better off finalizing your deal on it now when dealers are anxious to squeeze a few more sales in before the end of the month and year. As I said earlier though, it is difficult to predict exactly what will happen.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gojayhawks. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD through Chrysler Financial right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00229 and 57%, respectively. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. You should be able to get some sort of additional discount from the dealer in addition to the $1,000 cash incentive that is being offered on leases of it right now. You may be able to get an idea of how much of an additional discount you should be able to negotiate by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of what the selling price should be, let me know and I will work up a lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • gojayhawksgojayhawks Member Posts: 14
    Hey Car_Man -

Thanks for the info. The sales price I have talked them down to is $38,500. Also, do you know what incentives will be available in January?

Thanks again,
    GoJayhawks
    You're very welcome, GoJayhawks. Thanks for the additional information. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD with an MSRP of $41,506 and a selling price of $38,500 through Chrysler Financial right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $523. Daimlerchrysler extended its December incentives through January 9th. It is difficult to say what its lease program will be like on this car after that date.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeffreywilensjeffreywilens Member Posts: 10
    Can you give me the money factor and residual on a 36 month (or if there is optimal length such as 39 month) lease with 10K and 12K per year. This is for the 300 SRT8. I can figure the proper payments from there.
  • xcarguyxcarguy Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car Man, I'm an X Car Guy myself. I was thinking of maybe leasing a 2006 Chrysler 300C and not looking forward to having to deal with another dealer. I'm not sure where you are but I'm located in Southern California. (not sure if rates are the same where you are) And was wondering if you might have the buy rate and residual for a 24 and 36 month lease. Also if you know what program is the best. If you can believe my local dealer has a $3000.00 dealer markup on the sticker on all his cars. Do you also have the invoice price on a fully loaded 300C with upgraded sound system and Navigation. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact sticker price of the car as I'm just starting to look and haven't gotten that far yet. I can try to price it out for you asap but if you can maybe help me with what the dealer has in the car and any incentives that might be going on at this time. Also, I've been reading some things about Trans problems with the car and wanted to know if you know anything about that too. I'm coming out of a 2004 Infiniti M45 that's being bought back by Infiniti under the lemon law and really don't want to have to deal with all that again in my next vehicle. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Paul
  • txcurtistxcurtis Member Posts: 7
    I am considering leasing an SRT8. We have yet to decide on which vehicle we want, 300c SRT8 or Magnum SRT8. Can you please compare the two lease programs for me and if there is a differance in residual. The Magnum lists at 42,200 and can be bought for 39,500. The 300 list around 45 and sells at sticker. We are looking at 15k per year and wither 36 or 39 month, which ever is more attractive.

Thanks
    I sure can, jeffreywilens. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00216 and 57%, respectively. I'm not sure if Chrysler Financial leases vehicles with only 10,000 miles per year, but I don't think that it does. On an interesting side note, as of January 1st, Chrysler Financial no longer charges security deposits on leases. In exchange for waiving its security deposit requirement it raised its acquisition fee to $700 on all models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Paul. I don't believe that there is any variation in Chrysler Financial's lease program for the 2006 Chrysler 300 by region. According to the latest info that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C through CFC (I think that they are officially called something like DaimlerChrysler Financial Services now) for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00212 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00216 and 56%.

A $3,000 additional dealer mark-up on this car is absolutely absurd, unless there is some sort of shortage of the "C" model that I'm not aware of. In fact, DaimlerChrysler currently has a $1,000 bonus cash incentive on this car right now that should help you to negotiate a selling price that's well below MSRP. There should be a number of Chrysler dealers in Southern California. You should shop around a little bit to see if you can get a more reasonable deal on this car. You can find the MSRP and dealer invoice price for the car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. I haven't personally heard anything about frequent transmission problems with this car, but if there is a problem along these lines there is a good chance that it is being talked about in the following discussion: "Chrysler 300/300C".

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to compare these two vehicles' lease programs, txcurtis. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00216 and 55%, respectively. Interestingly, the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 should be a much less attractive .00318 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host