Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• shrewd2shrewd2 Member Posts: 5
    What is the best deal with an employee discount that is available on a 2007 dodge ram 1500 for a 12000 or 15000 mile lease.Is it better to purchase right now or lease with the discount or buy. The best I found is 276 a month. Also will the deals get better. should i wait.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cdanger. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I see that you are are considering making a $18,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Consumers who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off keeping that money in the bank and going with a zero down lease.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's lease program is currently like. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab 2500 SLT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00324 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00349 and 47%. As you can see, this lease program is not very attractive. If I was personally in the market for this truck, I personally would finance it through Chrysler Financial at 0% for 4 years or through an independent bank and take advantage of the $3,500 customer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi hemi_ky. I personally would rather keep my old truck than trade it in on a two year, pre-paid lease of a new Ram Pickup. As is usually the case, Chrysler Financial's current lease program for the Ram Pickup is not very attractive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shrewd2. Chrysler's lease program for the Dodge Ram Pickup is not very attractive. If I was in the market for an '07 Ram Pickup 1500 right now, I personally would rather finance it through Chrysler Financial at 0% for 5 years or through an independent bank and take advantage of the $6,000 in cash incentives that is currently available on it and finance it through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • shrewd2shrewd2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the helpful tips. This does seem like a wise choice.
  • dpollockdpollock Member Posts: 3
    have a 2005 dodge ram diesel 4x4,had 60,00 miles on it when I bought it from a dealer,dealer maintained. works great,In past 3600 miles has used 4 quarts of oil,none leaking on floor.still works great,anyone know why this would happen. thanks . dpollock.
  • cheeko965cheeko965 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, new to this forum. Just wanted to know of the latest lease deals out there. I have heard, 2nd hand, of a friends and family lease deal on a Ram 4x4 Quad or Mega cab, 24 mo., 10-12k miles per year, minimal down (maybe 1-2k), in the 200-250/mo. range.
    Can anyone verify this or tell me their latest, greatest deal on an '07 or '08? I'm currently trying to verify my source of data as well...

Thanks.
  • nuhuskers97nuhuskers97 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 slt hemi 5.7 that I leased 39 month 15k a year for $330 with tax (5.5%). My lease is ending and I'm looking at another lease. Went to a dealership today and they offered me the following:

27 month 10,500 miles a year Ram 1500 SXT 5.7 Hemi Multi-displacement MSRP was $35,565 for $360 per month tax included. They would pay 1st months payment and this was with no money down and turning my lease in.

Another dealership offered me this:

27 month 12,000 miles a year on a Ram 1500 SXT 4.7 liter MSRP was $33910 for $360 per month tax included. They would pay 1st months payment and this was also with no money down.

I still have 5 payments left on my lease.

Are these offers reasonable? I just can't see how considering I was paying $330 for a lease with 15k miles a year that also included nerf bars and a mopar bed cover/topper. Does anyone also know with the money factor and residual would be for the 68506 (Lincoln Nebraska) area?

Thanks for the help. Just trying to get the best deal I can.
  • p1dallasp1dallas Member Posts: 11
    Carman,

I am currently looking at leasing a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT CTD 4x4. I am looking at 63 month lease, 12 K, payment is at $526/month.

Here are the details, good deal? Should I consider purchasing instead?

46,510-MSRP
    37,414- purchase
    2468.35- added costs- WFF acq fee-$795, auto flex lease fee- $350, extra added accessory- $499, lease dealer profit- $824.35
    Adjusted cap- 39,882
    Residual- 15,328 , 33%
    MF - .00180 / 4.32% - Wells Fargo Financial
    Tax- $2369.56 / 6.25% in texas
  • p1dallasp1dallas Member Posts: 11
    I did not go with the above deal. I am working on a few other options. Can anyone comment on what they paid for a similiar truck? 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT CTD Quad cab 4x4. I am seeing around 37,100-37,400 based on MSRP of 46-47,000. What MF, residuals are you getting for this truck?
    Greetings nuhuskers97. The best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor. You should be able to negotiate an outstanding deal on the Ram Pickup that you are interested in. The light vehicle market in the U.S. is very slow right now in general and there is intense competition within the full-size pickup segment from General Motors' and Toyota's newer models, not to mention the segment's traditional volume leader the Ford F-Series. If I was in the market for a Ram right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice or even below (there is some dealer cash out there) minus the $500 bonus cash that is available on Regular Cab or $1,000 on Mega / Quad Cab models, minus the $5,000 lease cash that is available on it.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, Chrysler Financial's money factors and residual values for the Ram Pickup vary by cab type. Are you interested in a Regular Cab, Quad Cab, or Mega Cab?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I was in the market for a quad cab. I ended up turning my lease in 7 payments early and leased into another Ram 1500 SXT Quad Cab 4x4. The dealership paid off my lease and I got a new 27 month, 12k mile, no money down, they paid my first payment and transferred my bed cover and nerf bars for $339 a month.

I'm hoping that was a good deal??? Other dealerships I went to had higher monthly payments with less miles. This dealership jumped at this so I'm guessing I may have been able to get it for a little less per month......

I got a total of $7000 off MSRP ($5000 cash, $1000 bonus and $1000 lease loyalty). I hope March doesn't have a better deal!
  • mexd781mexd781 Member Posts: 1
    I saw the lease special of $249 for a Ram 1500 SLT for 10,500 Miles for 27 months and contacted an internet salesman about a particular truck. He told me, for the particular truck with an MSRP of $36,500, the lease would be around $265 after taxes with $4000 due at signing. He said the residual would be $18,257.

I initially didn't want to lease a truck, because I wanted to mod it but this sounds like a decent deal. I planned on buying a used truck to keep my monthly at under $300. Is there something I am missing to this? I should be able to lease it for the 27 months than get a loan and buy it at $18,257 or walk away. It seems like a pretty good deal, just wanted opinions
    My MSRP was $34,500. I got $7000 off in rebates, bonus cash and lease loyality. I didn't put anything down and they made my first payment which is $339 for 27 months and 12,000 miles a year. I want to say my residual is around $18k.

The difference between $339 and $265 is $74 a month. If you take that times 27 months it only comes out to about $2000. I would think putting $4000 down to keep your payments lower seems like a little too much to me. I've never liked putting money down on a lease because I feel like I'm throwing it away then unless you plan to purchase the vehicle after the lease is up. That's just my opinion though.

I would definately shop around if you haven't already. One dealership (which I almost went with) was offering $360 a month with only 10,500 a year. I walked away and by Monday their offer was down to $330 a month. I ended up going to 3 different dealerships and actually worked a deal with the 3rd dealership over the Internet and by phone before actually seeing the vehicle.

Good luck.
    You're welcome, nuhuskers97. Congratulations on getting your new truck. Enjoy :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • slackjawslackjaw Member Posts: 32
    I am looking for the current DCFS lease terms for a 10,500 mile 36 month lease both for a SLT Quad Cab 4x4 and a Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 (if they are different).

Thanks!!
  • slackjawslackjaw Member Posts: 32
    I am now being told that there are no lease deals exist for 36 months. Only 27 months. Hmmm...

But I am getting 12K off the MSRP. So that part is good. Now working the leasing terms.
  • helpgetgoodbuyhelpgetgoodbuy Member Posts: 1
    So glad to have found this forum!

Need some help. I see nuhuskers got a great deal on his dodge and am trying to do the same.
    We are also in Nebraska...zip 68788,
    We are beginning negotiations on a Dodge Ram and just looking for any advice we can get. We are interested in a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SXT. The msrp is 34825. We know there is currently 5500 available. How do you find out what the dealer's invoice price is? Would also like to get the residual and money factor.
    Nuhusker...might need to find out what dealer you went through to get as good of a deal as you did...
    Thanks
  • cynar10cynar10 Member Posts: 10
    Guys can someone help me please. I'm emailing a bunch of dealers and I'm going with information from here and other sites. Is there any good lease's out there at all???? I got a dealer who is taking almost 10k off MSRP of a Ram 1500 Laramie but the leases seem to be way out of whack. The truck is 43490, and they would sell it for 35100. I haven't asked for their lease numbers yet because they are the best price, but all the other dealers lease's were way high in payments. Mostly over $500 should I expect the same from this dealer, are there just no more good leases. If you could answer quickly that would be great because I'm working on this deal as we speak.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi cynar10. As you may already be aware, Chrysler Financial no longer leases vehicles. That means if you really want to lease a Dodge Ram Pickup you would have to do so through an independent bank. I know that Chrysler has been running a lot of deals through Chase and U.S. Bank, but I suspect that their residual values and money factors for the Ram Pickup are probably pretty bad.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I would forget about leasing it. Instead, I would finance it through Chrysler Financial at 0% for up to 3 years or 2.9% for 5 years plus $1,000 bonus cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2010
    Dodge has leasing offers apparently according to the website. It seems the leases are through GMAC?
    So are the numbers good? I am thinking with the high MSRP and highly discounted actual cost this truck may lease pretty well if the money factor is good. So whats the MF and residual for a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab, 4x4, 15k per year?
    Thanks!
    Hi steevo. Yes, Chrysler Financial was shut down during the credit crisis and Chrysler began doing deals through GMAC after the government essentially took them over.

If I recall correctly, Chrysler is providing lease support on one Dodge Ram Pickup trim level, but I don't believe that it is the Laramie Crew Cab. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for looking into it...
  • coondog13coondog13 Member Posts: 2
    I was looking into leasing a 3/4 ton pickup (dodge, chevy, or ford) for my construction company, but all the salesmen are saying leasing is dead. They quoted me prices around $900/mnth to lease. Is this true? thanks (eastern Montana).
    Car_man ..
    This is what I found for lease incentives...

2010 RAM 1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
    # Offer 1: Get $3,000 Customer Cash Allowance plus $1,000 GMAC Bonus Cash[6] plus $1,000 Bonus Lease Cash Allowance

So looks like 2 grand extra available to lease.
    Do you know the MF and residual for 3 year 15,000 miles .?
  • coondog13coondog13 Member Posts: 2
    The ford dealership that gave me the $900 quote wouldn't give me any details, they only said, "leasing is not good right now". The Chevy dealer didn't run numbers and they said the same thing as did the Dodge dealership.

It's like they don't want to lease and so are doing minimal work to investigate(??).

In this rural area, i haven't met too many people that DO lease but it seems like it would be a safe choice for me and my construction co.

Your advice???
    Thanks Car_man!!! I appreciate your knowledge!!!
    Car_man
    Do you have the Feb MF and Residual for Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 Crew Cab. 15000 miles. I know the residuals are poor on these trucks, but it seems there can be a huge swing between msrp and selling price making for an attractive number...
    Hi steevo. I'm not sure if Chrysler is currently providing lease support on the Ram Pickup. I don't believe that it is. If you really want one, you probably would be better off taking advantage of the special financing program that is currently available on it, 0.0 for 3 years, 1.9% for 4 years, 2.9% for 5 years, or 4.9% for 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks..
    I ended up in a Maxima.
    No problem steevo. Excellent choice. The Maxima is a lot of vehicle for the money.

Car_man
    Host
  • rman850rrman850r Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Any word on if there is lease support this month on the Ram 1500?

If so, could you tell me the rates for the Laramie 4WD for 24 and 36 month program with 15k miles per year?

Also, could you tell me if there is any lease cash.

Thanks again
  • brujan14brujan14 Member Posts: 3
    I've been quoted a residual of 45% (12K miles) for 36 mo lease, and 47% (12k miles) for 39 mo lease - Laramie crew-cab 4WD. There is a $2000 rebate that applies
    Hello rman850r. Yes, Chrysler is providing support on certain Ram Pickup 1500 trim levels this month.

Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.54% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 0.54% and 45%.

There's a $2,000 cash incentive available on leases of this truck nationally and additional cash on top of that in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • brujan14brujan14 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man - in your last response, you mention the base lease rate is 0.54%. Is that the APR - equivalent to a money factor of .000225?

Also, I've heard that the residual increase by 2% if the mileage drops to 12K/year, and by 3% for 10K/year. That would mean a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles would have a residual of 47% - can you confirm?

thanks -
    Yes, brujan14. Your conversion was correct and assumption about the low mileage adders are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • gone01gone01 Member Posts: 3
    lease a 2011 ram 1500 big horn quad cab4x4 for
    $299 a month
    for 39 months with 2499 due at signing

can anybody give me any detail or lease deal they are running on ram 1500

thank you
  • thebigenglishthebigenglish Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

Is there any way you could let me know the current lease rates and residual for a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 CC 6.7L Diesel? I'm having a hard time finding this info anywhere and the initial quotes we got are outrageous!

Thank you in advance for your time
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.
  • roscoe65roscoe65 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to trade my 2007 dodge ram in on a 2006 cadillac cts, my pickup has 93,00 miles on it, the cadillac has 98,000, just wanting to know if this would be good trade, trading even out the door
  • asd302asd302 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Hey Car_Man

You have always been a tremendous help with my vehicle purchases, I need your help again.

Can you help with the Res and MF for 24mo and 36mo, 12k and 15k, for a Crew Cab 2013 RAM Sport, Laramie, and Bighorn if they differ? I also haven't seen any updated rebate info for May yet. Also Chrysler Financial has apparently been reborn as of May 1st. So I guess I need their numbers and Ally if they are still involved. I am also considering a Jeep GC so I will be posting the same question over in that forum as well.

Thank you so much!
    Hey Car_Man

You have always been a tremendous help with my vehicle purchases, I need your help again.

Can you help with the Res and MF for 24mo and 36mo, 12k and 15k, for a Crew Cab 2013 RAM Sport, Laramie, and Bighorn if they differ? I also haven't seen any updated rebate info for May yet. Also Chrysler Financial has apparently been reborn as of May 1st. So I guess I need their numbers and Ally if they are still involved. I am also considering a Jeep GC so I will be posting the same question over in that forum as well.

Thank you so much!
    You're very welcome asd302. Chrysler is not offering special leases through Ally any longer.

Chrysler Capital's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00167 and 56%.

The numbers for the Crew Cab Bighorn 4WD are .00092 / 65% and .00129 / 57%.

There's a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck everywhere plus a ton of regional offers.

Car_man
    Host
  • primetime224primetime224 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

Thanks so much for the info, do you know if the Laramie Longhorn's rates are different from the Laramie? Same 1500 4WD crew cab, would like both 24 and 36 month if possible.

Thanks!
  • ejkcpaejkcpa Member Posts: 7
    HI - i can take over a lease for $337/mo for 24 months. 12k miles per year. i have to pay $600 to take over. Is that a good deal?
    Just wanted to post this deal that I was able to negotiate, I have not pulled the trigger yet because I'm not sure the vehicle is equipped exactly how I want but here is the deal:

MSRP: $46230 NEG SALE PRICE: $41092

Less $6750 in rebates (includes $1000 USAA and $500 National assoc Realtor)

CapCost = $34342, Residual 69% MF 6%!!(Crazy high but $2k IDL cash makes up for it)

This is through Ally, 24mo/12k/yr, only thing due at delivery is $700 for DMV and Aq fee.

Payment is $291.46/mo including 9% PA lease tax

I just need to make sure I like this specific truck, and I also need to see what Hahn Banks, MF is. Chrysler Cap has much better MF but you loose $2000k in rebates, hoping Hahn is somewhere in the middle.
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    CarMan would you please post the lease figures for a 2013 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab 4 wheel drive with the Laramie Longhorn pkg. and Cummins Diesel. Looking for 36 months 15k year. Thanks!
    Car Man can you please post the lease information for 2014 Ram 2500 4wd Laramie Longhorn? Looking for 36 months 15k. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,737
    I'm sorry... Chrysler Finance doesn't show residuals for the 2500 model trucks, only the 1500...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Any suggestions from anyone on how to get lease figures on the 2500 Rams? I can call a dealership and get with an F&I person but not sure of the accuracy of that. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,737
    That is where I would start..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator