Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Just Leased a Kodiak Brown SEL AWD with 302A, MFT w/Nav, and aluminum wheels. A 24 month lease with 15,000 miles the MF was .00083 (2%) and the residual was 65 % . For each additional 1,500 miles beyond 15,000 and up to 19,500 deduct 1% from the residual.

So my deal was for 24 months @ 19,500 miles per year for a residual of 62%. I bought an extra 500 miles per year for a total of 40,000 miles in 2 years. The residual did not change you just pay .15 cents per mile after 19500.

MSRP with destination was $33,430. Settled on $31,200 sales price. I did not have a competitive lease bonus of $1000. So the sales price was very fair.

Hope this helps some :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cricfan777. Ford Credit's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Escape Titanium AWD with 15,000 miles per year in Michigan are 2.0% and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 4.0% and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wnuk. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Escape SEL AWD with 19,500 miles per year in Pennsylvania are 2.0% and 62%, respectively.

Unfortunately, the $1,000 consumer cash incentive is not compatible with the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • letzroll69letzroll69 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan,

Would you be so kind as to post Ford's (or applicable) most recent lease rates and residual figures for a 2013 Escape SEL FWD 2.0L with 302A package and panorama sun roof for 36 months with 12,000 mile/year. I am in NY metro area. (Long Island)

Thanks for all your assistance in this forum!
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Thanks for the info car man. Those were the rates the dealer used. Like my new ride so far.
  • glimmeriiiglimmeriii Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man-I'm in Idaho 83616.
    Hi glimmeriii. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape Titanium 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 5.25% and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • mck588mck588 Member Posts: 12
    May I please have the lease and residual rates for a Titanium Escape, Front Wheel Drive, with sunroof, Nav, and Parking package. 10.5K miles/year.
    Thanks!
    edited October 2012
    Hi mck588. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Escape Titanium FWD with 10,500 miles per year are 2.75% to 4.0% (this varies by region) and 60%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kjasonasukjasonasu Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you get me Ford Credit's November 2012 lease information for Phoenix, AZ (zip 85287)? Thanks in advance!
    Hi kjasonasu. Ford's October lease program was scheduled to run through the end of the year. I haven't heard if there was any unscheduled changes made for November yet. Here's the latest that I have seen.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape SE FWD with 15,000 miles per year in the Phoenix area are 4.0% and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kjasonasukjasonasu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the prompt reply! I appreciate it.
  • reignreign Member Posts: 20
    I was given a quote (via email) on a 36mo lease for a 2013 escape 302a pkg w/ 18" polished wheels. I gave internet manager all infor I wanted ($0/down, TTL rolled into payment). AFter I rec'd his quote, I then went in to dealership (Westway ford) in Irving to look at that specific escape. After my credit check was done (excellent score) and salesman came back to have me sign a form stating that if my monthly pymt was x, for this term, and x amount for my trade-in, could we do business today and I said yes and signed it. 1min later, the sales manager came in and told me (lie from what I've read on this forum) and told me Ford is not leasing this escape because its a "new body style" and no residual value has been determined. His price on the purchase was well over $170 more/mo than what I wanted to pay. I also told him of his BS (no residual value since its a new body style) because Mazda has a "new style" CX-5 and they are leasing them. I walked out of there angry because of the time I had wasted, especially after receiving an email quote (mo lease payment) from their internet manager. I will never shop at this dealership..Westway Ford in Irving, TX because of their lies and low-balling.
  • alighteralighter Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man, I am a big fan of this forum. I am working on a deal right now for my wifes new car, and could use your advice.

I am looking to lease a 2013 Ford Escape SEL with FWD, 302A, 1.6, Sunroof, and 10.5k miles a year. Through a combination of $2.7k in equity(combo of trade & cash), and negotiation, we have arrived at a $275 monthly payment as an out the door price. Is this a good deal, or should I pass? I am also located in the mid-atlantic.

Thanks in advance for any guidance
  • crayola_1crayola_1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I'm about to lease my first car and am trying to tell if I am being offered a fair deal. Would anyone be able to tell me what the residual value and lease rate would be for a 2013 Ford Escape SEL with 300a package, AWD, 1.6 L engine, sunroof ( MSRP 31,840) for a 39 m lease, 15,000 miles. I am in the Connecticut area and have excellent credit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    Because of your trade, no one would be able to comment on whether it is a good deal or not. For example, if you are trading in a clunker and the dealer is giving you $2K for it, then your $275 payment is probably a great deal, but if you were trading in a 2012 Mercedes and getting $2K, the dealer could lease you the Escape for a penny a month and still make a big profit on the deal. I'm sure you're not trading in a Mercedes but you get the point.
  • jdukie1jdukie1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi.

Looking at leasing a 2013 Escape SEL 302a,1.6L AWD panorama roof..$500 over Invoice of 30700 ..MSRP 33075. In NJ 08721

Thanks. John
  • jdukie1jdukie1 Member Posts: 7
    BTW 15000 miles
  • alighteralighter Member Posts: 2
    I received $2.1k over the edmunds trade in value on my trade. This also ended up being 2k over my residual value since the vehicle lease was almost over.
  • printerman1printerman1 Member Posts: 68
    my accountant advise: if you drive a lot..buy! if cruising city driving with occasional hwy...lease. Keep an eye on your mileage.
    Ford is out to make money, after sales, they dont give a hoot about you. Check the LemonAid guide.
  • rugger_mikerugger_mike Member Posts: 2
    Looking at leasing the 2013 Escape Titanium 4WD loaded with tech, parking, leather seats, towing package. 36 month, 12000 miles. I'm in the midwest (52241). How much room is there for negotiation at the dealer with these numbers? I've never leased before and I'm just curious how the haggling process goes compared to buying. Thanks!
  • printerman1printerman1 Member Posts: 68
    but they buy on quantity. try it.
    google ...leasing vs buying.
    I do a lot of miles, leasing is no good for me
  • asagemasagem Member Posts: 16
    I am trying to figure out if this is a good deal in Metro Detroit area?

2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0L FWD

MSRP: 25070
    Options: 3920
    (201 Cargo management Package: 440
    Ruby Red additional Charge: 395
    2.0l Engine charge: 1095
    Power Panorama Roof: 1395
    18" Aluminium Wheels: 595)

Destination Charge: 825

Total MSRP: 29815

I do not know the residual value & money factor used and he quoted me the following:
    24 month, 15K miles
    500 due at signing and monthly would be $350/month OTD (including everything)

I could only qualify for x-plan and there $1000 customer cash offer from Ford and not sure what else he was able to do it.
    How I can reverse calculate the selling price from the payment as I have never leased before.

Thanks.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    edited December 2012
    Just ask what the residual is. Good place to start to figure out the numbers.
    Clicked on the Escape ad on this page found this info.
    "Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with dealer at signing."
    I think it can kind of complicate things.
    There is a general leasing forum here somewhere.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Carman - looking for December residual and money factor for 2.0 titanium. 36 months 10k per year. Thanks!
    Hey cliffpoz. Ford's lease program varies depending upon which one of its million regions you are in. If you tell me what state you live in I can be more specific about its lease program.

Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape Titanium with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% to 4.0% (varies by region) and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sixxspeedsixxspeed Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man thanks for helping us! I was also looking for Money Factor and Residual Value on a 36-month lease @ 15,000mi for 2013 Escape SEL AWD. MSRP w/ dest and the options I want is $32,935.

I am in NJ and have good credit.

Are Ford dealers in my region kind with nixing any acquisition, disposition, and other stupid fees?

If I trade-in a vehicle, do I want to ensure the price I get is applied to cap cost reduction or goes towards paying the fees, taxes, etc? I'm confused when it comes to either calculating down payment and trade-in on leases and what to do with what I get from the trade.

Thanks!
  • taylor954taylor954 Member Posts: 1
    Dear CarMan

I'm looking at an Escape Titanium with MSRP 35,770. With X plan it comes to 33866.18

The only incentive to lease is 500.00. Can you please give me money factor and residual for this car. Is X plan the best price you've seen on this car or have other negotiated lower?

I'm in Fort Lauderdale 33334.

Thank you in advance.
  • asagemasagem Member Posts: 16
    Just as an update, here is the final deal on a Escape 2013 SE 2.0L Engine with some other options like Cargo management system for 2-year lease with $0 down, 15K miles per year is $329/month including tax and everything. I hope this is a decent deal.
  • marcinrmarcinr Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm looking at an Escape SEL with price tag 29,190. Can you please provide me with money factor number and residual for the car? My zip 12846.

Thank you for your help
    What was the Msrp?
    What is mf and residual for sel 2.0, 10k miles/year and 24 or 36 months. NYC area. Thanks!
    Hi marcinr. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape SEL AWD with 15,000 miles per yea in its New York region are 1.0% and 57%.

Ford is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this model in your area right now. Make sure to take that cash to account in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cliffpoz. Please see my previous post for an example of what the Escape's lease program is like in your area right now. The rates are the same, but the residual values vary by trim level.

The numbers for a 24-month lease are 0.25% and 65%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cvanslykecvanslyke Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Looking to get a new escape titanium AWD in south florida looking for the residual and money factor along with any rebates that are being offered right now.15k miles for 36 or 39 months. anyone else purchase in south florida recently? Im used to living up north not sure if I should wait a few months and go back to ny to do the lease or get it here, the dealers seem ready to deal
  • metsjets96metsjets96 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Wondering if you could help. I'm looking for the money factor and residual on a 24 and 36 month terms. 12k / year for March. I'm in NY and I would like to go in guns ablazing, to avoid the grueling process of back and forth to and from the podium. Looking for an SEL, not sure if the model matters.

Thanks for your help.
  • guzelguzel Member Posts: 1
    We are the company, leased Ford Escapes from April 2010 to March 2013: 36 months. 500$ per car a month. What is the residual value? what should a buyout price be? thank you !
    Hi metsjets96. I could have guessed by your username that you are in New York ;).

Ford Credit's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Escape SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 67%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.0% and 59%.

Ford is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi guzel. It is imposible for us to tell you what your Escape's residual value and end-of-term purchase option price are. You should contact the bank that you are leasing it through, most likely Ford Credit, to find out that information.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnathonjohnathon Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,

Can you give me the money factor and residual for a 36/39 month lease on 2013 FWD, Titanium in Dallas Texas? Also, I see there is is a $1,000 and a $1,500 FMC incentive - are either of those applicable to lease arrangements with Ford?

I've found a vehicle with MSRP of $34,945 (inc dest) and the dealer is offering at below invoice price of $31,841. He subtracted the $2500 for my purchase quote giving me a cap cost of 29341 - but I'm not usure if the 2500 works on the lease.

Thanks for all your great advice.
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide me with the April lease rates (residual and m.f.) for a MY13 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD for both 24 and 36 months at 10k per year. Has the acquisition fee changed from $595?

Are there any incentives that would apply to leasing. My state is New Hampshire. I do own a competitive vehicle but it is not leased. Otherwise I am not or have not been in the military. The last Ford owned was over 10-years ago.

Thank you.
  • needaleaseneedalease Member Posts: 4
    Could you please tell me Ford's buy iinterest rate and residual percentage on the following:

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4wd
    36month 12k miles/yr
    2.0I4 engine
    Equipment group 302A

Also, is the residual and/or interest rate different on the Titanium trim level?

Zip code: 49009 Michigan

Thank you!!!
  • needaleaseneedalease Member Posts: 4
    Total MSRP: $34,200
  • leasingdummyleasingdummy Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Im in MA and was getting a quote for an SEL AWD for 24months 15K...I inquired about the FWD SEL to try to save money and was told the "residual is not really that good" and then not given the information. I am trying to see if there really is that much of a difference between an identical vehicle other than one is FWD and the other is AWD. I would LOVE to save the money and get the FWD.
  • automelon48automelon48 Member Posts: 105
    I have an SEL 2.0 FWD, and I can tell you that you will save anywhere from 7% to 15% on your fuel bill, based on what I know and what I have read from AWD owners. The FWD is 150 lbs lighter, so in theory, the braking, acceleration and handling are better as well. I used snow tires here in Canada in this winter and had no issues whatsoever. I am very happy with my FWD choice and so is my wallet. This does not answer your lease question, but may be $0.02 worth of advice anyway.
  • smpatesmpate Member Posts: 9
    Happy with my deal (Houston).

36mo, 12k miles/yr
    MSRP $35,345 (Titanium w/ Parking tech, Nav, Roof, Full Leather)
    Negotiated Sales Price: $31,949.88

Rebate: $750 (lease cash) plus $1000 (lease conquest - had to show proof of competitive lease, in my case a VW Tiguan). All other Ford rebates were for purchases, not leases.

Final Sales Price (post rebates): $30,199.88
    Residual: 59% ($20,853)
    Lease rate: 2.75% (MF .001145)
    Full sales tax in TX: $1,887
    Acquisition & fees: $645 + $131 = $776

36 equal monthly payments of $398.44, absolutely $0 down.
    For all of you not in TX, if you eliminate the TX sales tax, the lease payment would be $344.21.

Hope this helps someone else!
    Hi chrism124. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Escape Titanium 4WD with 10,000 miles per year in New Hampshire are 0.25% and 68%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.25% and 60%.

The last time I checked, Ford Credit's acquisition fee was still $595.

Ford Credit is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly needalease. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape SEL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year in Detroit are 1.25% and 58%.

There's a cash incentive of at least $750 and I believe as much as $1,250 on leases of this vehicle in your area right now.

The lease rate would be the same for a Titanium 4WD would be the same but the residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • elemeno0peeelemeno0pee Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Car_man,

I'm looking for the residual and money factor on a 2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr Front-wheel Drive in South Florida. Options we added are Equipment Group 302A and Sony Branded MyFord Touch w/Navigation System.

Also, any current incentives available? I saw a $1500 and a $500 customer rebate on carsdirect for my area.

Thanks a lot!!
  • elemeno0peeelemeno0pee Member Posts: 5
    Earlier, I said: "I'm looking for the residual and money factor on a 2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr Front-wheel Drive in South Florida. Options we added are Equipment Group 302A and Sony Branded MyFord Touch w/Navigation System. "

I forgot to add that I am interested in 24 month and 36 month leases.

Thank you very much, once again!