Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• freddy533freddy533 Member Posts: 1
    Hi -
    i'm ready to lease a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition.
    Any idea what Ford Credit's current money factor is?
    How about the residual on the 2008? (x% of MSRP).
    assume 36 month lease.

With options, the vehicle I'm looking at is about a $44000 (including destination).
    I'm just checking edmunds now, but invoice looks to be $39500.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    That's about the same vehicle I got ($43,800) a month ago, and the interest rate used for the money factor was 0.5% then. However I got a 24 month lease and the residual was 52% due to selecting the 19,500 mile per year option (which was a 3% difference than the 15,000 mile option). It was a lot cheaper to lease for 2 years and then buy than it was to just buy now at current interest rates. I liked the idea of being able to walk away in 2 years if they offer a diesel option or if gas prices are $5, or simply buying it at 52% of MSRP if I still want it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, rob052067. Make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi hoss5. It sounds like you have never leased before. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. These articles will fill you in on the basics. Let me know if you have any specific questions about leasing an Expedition that weren't covered in these articles.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello davidr719. You absolutely should be able to negotiate a discount on top of the cash incentives that Ford is providing on the Expedition that you are interested in. The exact dealer discount that you are able to negotiate will vary by trim level, but I suspect that the truck that you want probably has another $2,000 or so to play with in its price. If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot for $500 over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives from Ford.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings freddy533. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 49%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of month factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash ($1,500 total) that are currently available on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Expedition EL and wanted to know the current money factor, residual, and dealer incentives for 24 and 36 month leases. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You've come to the right place, warbern. I's be happy to help you out. You never mentioned the exact trim level of the truck that you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '08 Expedition XLT EL 4WD. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford Expedition XLT EL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.0% and 48%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it! I was actually looking at the Limited. Other than pricing, does that affect the lease numbers at all? Thanks again!!! Oops, almost forgot... what are the residuals for 10.5k and 12k miles a year? Thanks!!!
  • slpwlkersslpwlkers Member Posts: 1
    I am hoping to lease the 2008 Expedition Limited 4X4 for about $500/month, $0 down, 12,000 miles, 39 months. MSRP is $43,215, invoice is $39,396. Dealer holdbacks is about $1200. There is $2000 in rebates plus $1000 more for customers coming from a competitors lease, which I qualify for. Is this a possiblity for me? I live in Nassau County, NY. Please recommend a dealer.
  • philly70philly70 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have the latest money/depreciation inputs for the Ford Expedition (EB or LTD) for 36 month leases?
  • philly70philly70 Member Posts: 6
    Looking to lease an Expedition EB 4WD MSRP $47,130, negotiated price $43,500. Any help with the current money factor and residual I can expect (Minnesota) currently would be appreciated.
    Hi philly70. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • kevininnhkevininnh Member Posts: 1
    Over the past 6 years, I have driven Expeditoins that were leased by my company. The first was a 2002 Expedition EB on a 36-month/45kmi, and then a 2005 EB on the same 36/45k terms. I had done my homework on what the lease should have cost my company per month on this last lease, which was figured to be $512/mo (if I recall). When the company owner went in to finalize the deal, the payment was jacked up to around $599/mo using the sleezy tricks the leasing guys do. Anyway, my company is scaling down due to the economic slowdown & does not want to spend that kind of mony on leasing a new truck when the current lease is up next month. The buyout on the lease is about $1800 more than the bluebook of the truck.
    What is my best bet on leasing another Expedition when monthly payments are the biggest concern. My ending lease is about 7k miles under the limit, and vehicle was kepit in perfect shape. I want another Expedition EB with a 24 or 36mo lease. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • sellgenssellgens Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 24 or 36 month lease on a 2008 Expedition XLT (4x4, black exterior, black leather interior, sun roof) with $0 out of pocket (sign & drive) with yes 25k per year. What is the maximum monthly payment I should expect? I currently lease an '05 Mercury Mountaineer with the mileage - my lease is up 7/24/08, but I am willing to get into a new vehicle immediately. I do alot of driving and will put this mileage on the vehicle.
  • nckracernckracer Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2007 EL EB. The sticker priced out at 52K. I ran it under X-Plan with a returning customer rebate and got it down to 46K. Wrote up a 2 yr lease with 40K miles and it came to $890 per mo. with nothing down.
  • driverofcarsdriverofcars Member Posts: 7
    With the brutal interest rates and cliff drop depreciation on 07's and 08's, why would you lease? Even after taxes, etc., you can get a great value right now on a practically new Expedition.
    The companies that used to buy batches of leases are no longer touching American and many other cars- the value prop of a lease has fallen into the toilet since about August.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Got my Expedition last November on a 2 year lease. Was excited with the deal and love the vehicle. What I liked was residual of about $23,500 at the end of the two years and was thinking WOW, what a deal that would be. I planned to purchase it. However with the huge drop in values and a year to go my 08 is already at a $22.7 trade / $25.9K private party value. I looked up the price on an 07 figuring that's what my 08 would be worth in a year and the trade is $17.3K and $20.5K private party value. It's looking like while keeping my ride in really good condition and having it as an excellent used vehicle buying opportunity is not going to pay off as the price I'll have to pay will be $3K to $4K over ppv and a whopping $6K over what I could get for it in a trade.

Looks more and more like a walk away deal every day. Have any of you been able to deal with Ford Credit/Leasing to purchase at a price below residual?
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Does anyone know the current Money Factor and Residual for an Expedition EL at 36-39 months with 12K miles per year?
    Hey jim53. Like the Chevrolet Suburban that I believe you expressed interest in as well, there is not currently any lease support available on the 2010 Ford Expedition. As a result, it is not a good vehicle to lease right now either.

Car_man
    Host
  • falbawfalbaw Member Posts: 1
    My company is looking to lease me a 2010 or 2011 expedition for 36 mos with 19,500 mi per yr. The estimate I received from dealership was MSRP $44,610, sales price $43,610, residual of 41%, deposit of $1481.95, with monthly payments being $950.95!! I cannot get them to specifically tell me the money factor which from all my calculations must be absurd...doesn't this seem too high?? and is the 41% residual acceptable? also is the residual calculated from the capitalized cost or the depreciative?
    thanks in advance!!:)
    Hi falbaw. If you need to lease a large SUV, the Expedition is not for you. ford is not currently providing any lease support on it. As a result, as you have found leasing one right one will be unbelievably expensive.

If you really want to lease a big SUV, you'd be better off going with the Chevrolet Suburban, Nissan Armada, or even the Toyota Sequoia.

Car_man
    Host
  • dataportdataport Member Posts: 7
    Anyone have an Expedition lease - need to know what the money factor rate is.
    Greetings dataport. Ford Credit's current base lease rate for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Expedition is 2.75%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide the 24 month with 15k mi/yr lease numbers (mf & resid) on 2012 & 2013 4x4 Expedition Limited Models. Can you also list manufacturer and dealer incentives.

Thanks
    Here you go dolphin5. Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Expedition Limited 4WD with 14,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 60%.

Ford is providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now, which seems kind of silly to me given how expensive it is. Why bother ;).

Ford's numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 0.5% and 57% with $2,250 cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • scb911900scb911900 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide lease numbers MF and residual for 2013 Expedition XLT Premium 4WD, 15k/yr? I was just informed by my dealer that my car has been built and should be at the dealers lot in 2 weeks. Just trying to crunch the numbers to decide whether to lease or purchase. If purchase, I was considering a 36 or 48 month loan thru Ford Motor Credit. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • jb2ujb2u Member Posts: 14
    Appreciate if you would post current base lease rates and residuals for a 36 month 2013 Ford Expdition EL Limited 4WD at 12k and 15k miles per year. Insight on current cash incentives appreciated as well. Thanks!
    Hi jb2u. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Expedition EL Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 51%.

Ford is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Hello can you please post the June lease rates for the Expedition EL Limited 36 or 39 month with 10k or 12k a year. Thanks.
    Certainly bt83. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Expedition EL Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.5% and 49%.

If you were to lease with only 10,500 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • john675john675 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, can you please post the August lease money factor and residual for the Expedition EL Limited (4x4) 36 months and 12k miles per year.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    mjday1972 said:

What are the current numbers for May? Looking at a 36 month lease, 15K on a 4x4 Expedition EL. Thanks much.

0.75% APR and $3500 lease cash.

Sorry, but we don't have Ford residual information for this quarter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2015
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Ford Expedition Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.