Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Pickup Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Dave. I haven't seen the specific advertisement that you mentioned, but generally speaking savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by comparison shopping a little bit.

Ford is currently running an owner loyalty promotion on the truck that you are interested in. Specifically, it is providing $1,500 loyalty cash to current Ford owners and lessees on purchases and leases of 2007 F-250 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    I will get the info for you in the morning when I get back in the office
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    Carman, unless it varies by region that owner loyalty money is only for people who own a Super Duty truck and buying another Super Duty truck. You don't have to trade it just show ownership. It does not work if you own a F150 and not a Super Duty.

At least in my region that is the way it is.
  • matty507matty507 Member Posts: 2
    Ford may have lost me as a customer. My lease on an F-150 comes up in December. In looking at the early bird wherebywhich Ford pays the final 3 payments and gets me into another lease, their number they came back with was over $600.00 a month. I said WHAT!!!!!! It was a 2006 F150 that was a 10,500/ year miles. I had put on a whopping 13,000. I proceeded to tell them I could buy a new one cheaper than that. After fanagling and talking with other Ford dealerships, I have come to realize that all car companies are crooks unless you do your Homework. I liked the 150. My payments were 307.00 / month for the past 2 years. As If I want to get into a new truck and pay 600.00 for the next 3 months and after. I think not. Ford always claims that they offer best price. Its a bunch of Dog doo doo. I'm into a 2006 Jeep Commander for 315.00. Sorry Ford. You had your chance and you blew it. I'm also a DJ and will let everyone know that's in my audience.
  • matty507matty507 Member Posts: 2
    People who own BMW's are, well, that's for a different forum. LOL
  • dluiadluia Member Posts: 1
    I don't understand the numbers used in previous posts regarding 1% and 54% for example. Is this payment percentage based on negotiated purchase price and buyout percentage (residual) based on MSRP?

Can you provide percentage figures and current incentives on 07 F150 SuperCrew 4WD XLT or better 24/15K MSRP 36700 ZIP CODE 52601

Will they negotiate a buyout value?
    Thanks Dana
  • carbuyer34carbuyer34 Member Posts: 12
    I received a notification from my dealer Berlin City that ford has a early bird lease program that would allow me to turn in my vehicle early as long as I leased another ford product. I currently lease a 2006 f 150 supercrew xlt 4x4 I pay 292.00 and paid $2000.00 up front for 24 months 10,500 miles a year the lease is up in april 2008.

I would like to lease the same vehicle which Berlin city has listed for $28,999.00 which includes the 2500.00 consumer rebate the msrp is $35,670.00 I would want to lease this vehicle for 24 months. Can someone explain the ford early bird lease program to me and figure out what the new lease would cost? I know its easier too just call the dealer but i like to be informed as much as possible before talking too any salepeople thanks! Oh i live in NY if that helps..
  • vcopellvcopell Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking to buy F-150 SuperCrew. I am able to negotiate the following:

Cap cost - Purchase: $25,400 (after $4100 rebate)
    (If they give me loan, it would be at 4.9% but I have to give up $1,500 in rebate)

CAP Cost - Lease: $26,900 with rebate.
    Zip Code: 75006 (Dallas Texas)

I want to talk Lease Option with them for 3 yr with 45,000 miles. My credit is Excellent.

1: What are the MF and other costs that I should be worried about? They did say that the lease would be calculated at 4.75%. Is that equivalent to MF = 4.75% / 2400 = 0.001979?

2: What is the residual for this car?

3: What other things should I be careful about?

Can you please guide me here?

Also, if there are other pick-up trucks, I rather entertain instead of this, please suggest.

Thanks, vick
  • vcopellvcopell Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car Man:

I am looking to buy F-150 SuperCrew. I am able to negotiate the following:

Cap cost - Purchase: $25,400 (after $4100 rebate)
    (If they give me loan, it would be at 4.9% but I have to give up $1,500 in rebate)

CAP Cost - Lease: $26,900 with rebate.
    Zip Code: 75006 (Dallas Texas)

I want to talk Lease Option with them for 3 yr with 45,000 miles. My credit is Excellent.

1: What are the MF and other costs that I should be worried about? They did say that the lease would be calculated at 4.75%. Is that equivalent to MF = 4.75% / 2400 = 0.001979? Does this not seem high?

2: What is the residual for this car?

3: What other things should I be careful about?

Can you please guide me here?

Also, if there are other pick-up trucks, I rather entertain instead of this, please suggest.

------------------------------------Toyota TUNDRA QUESTION -------------------------
    4.7L, Double Cab
    Bedliner
    Tint
    Running board
    Price quoted after Toyotal rebate: $25,411
    MF: 0.00029

Can you please comment on the Toyotal Tundra as well please? I am looking to make sure that the MF and Residual are correct. They have not given me the residual yet.
    ---------------------------------------------

Thanks, vick
    vcopell@yahoo.com
    Hi carbuyer34. Ford's "early bird" program lets current Ford Credit lessees of select models out of their contracts a couple of months early for free if they purchase or lease a new Ford division vehicle. Let's crunch some numbers and what the lease payment would be like on a new truck. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew XLT 4WD that has an MSRP of $35,670 and a selling price of $28,999 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $462. I used a lease rate of 3.5% and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Vick. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 52%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 3.5% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00146.

The most important thing to negotiate on a lease is your vehicle's selling price. You shouldn't have any trouble getting this truck for close to dealer invoice and then have the dealer subtract any available cash incentives from that. You can look up the exact invoice price of your truck by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Vick. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford F-150 Super Crew 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 52%, respectively. A lease rate of 3.5% is equivalent to a money factor of .00146 (3.5 / 2400).

If you're looking for suggestions about what large pickup to get, you should also check out the Toyota Tundra (I see that you are already looking at it) and the Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra. These two trucks are probably the best vehicles in this segment right now.

The residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year is 56%. The problem is that unlike most banks, including Ford Credit, which allow lessees to residualize all factory installed options, Toyota Financial Services places restrictions upon which options can be residualized making it difficult to calculate vehicles' dollar residual values. It's so difficult that Toyota provides dealers with a list of dollar residual values for the vehicles that they have in stock rather than having them calculate them themsevles using the percentages.

Car_man
    Host
  • rwarrencfprwarrencfp Member Posts: 15
    Hey CarMan, do you have the Ford APR for February? How about the residual for an F-150 4x4 XLT on a 36 month 15k mile/year lease?

Thanks!
    Here's the info that you're looking for, rwarrencfp. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 F-150 Super Cab XLT 4WD are 2.25% and 47%, respectively. This F-150's lease program varies by trim level. Its numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Regular Cab would be 4.25% and 39%. The Super Crew numbers would be 3.5% and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cheeko965cheeko965 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    I live in Salt Lake City and recently saw a commercial for leasing an F-150. The offer was for a 4x4 crew cab F-150, 24 month lease, $249/mo. I was not able to see what the milage allowance was or if there was a downpayment.

Could you please comment on this lease, as it seems too good to be true, and what other aspects of the lease I should find out about.

Thank you.
    I recently called my dealer that advertised a 2008 ford f-150 4x4 supercrew new england edition $269.00 month, 24 months, $2499 down. I would be a return lease customer> I was quoted a payment of $381.00 month 24 months $0 down. I have asked for a quote on paper but still have not recieved it? The msrp is $37,000.00 they have it listed on sale for $29,000.00. So i'm wondering what price I'm being charged when figuring the lease, am i wrong in assuming the lease should be based on the $29,000.00 sales price not the $37,000.00 msrp?

I was also told that the Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab slt is leasing at a better rate is this true!
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    Check out the ads on-line for Portsmouth Ford and Quirk Ford. They are advertising the same truck for around $280 with only acquistion fees, dealer fees and first payment which probably runs about $1K.
  • wshful1wshful1 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man ,my dealer is offering me an '08 F-150 SC with a MSRP. of $36695 for $348 a mo. after all rebates and $2000 down . This is for 24 mo. and 12000 mi a year. He 'll take in my present lease 2 mo. early. Is this a good deal? thanks
    Hello wshful1. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the F-150 that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. The market for light vehicles, especially pickups is very weak right now. I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a substantial discount on this truck. If I was in the market for an F-150 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice minus all of the available cash incentives. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the truck that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this truck's current 24 month base lease rate of 0.50% and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • ron48164ron48164 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for Lease rate, Residual, and Z-plan incentives for a F150 SC 4x4 (XL, XLT, STX). Metro Denver, 80234 ZIP. MSRP of the truck I'm considering is 35,535 (XLT).

Lease is up in June and will turn in early if the price is right.

I leased an Edge in August and if I hadn't pulled the numbers from VINCENT myself (finally lost access), the dealer would have been 3% under on the residual. I won't be going back there.
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    Carman:

Can you post the residuals and money factors for a 2008 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4WD with 12K miles/year. I would appreciate the numbers for 24 and 30 months. Info on the incentives for leases would also be appreciated.
  • wshfulwshful Member Posts: 1
    Car-man, thanks for the response, the selling price on that FX-4 would be $31000 after all rebates, for 24 mo. 12K mi. per year , $348 per mo. Good deal or not in NJ ?
    I sure do, mrenadette1. Here you go. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are an amazingly low 0.25% and 56%, respectively. I have not seen a 30 month lease program for this truck, but its 36 month numbers are 4.0% and 51%. The cash incentives that are available on this truck vary significantly by region. I need you to tell me what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what they are like in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    car-man, I live in NY state based on a 36,000.00 purchase price can you run the numbers for a 24 month f 150 super crew xlt 4x4. last month i was quoted 380.00 per month @ 24 mths no money down 10,500 mi. per year. Thanks
    Hi carbuyer34. The purchase price of the truck that you want is definitely am important number to know, but in order for me to work up a sample lease payment for you I need you to provide me with its full MSRP as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • jollymonsrvjollymonsrv Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman...loking at 08 fx4 sc list $40.430......sell price 33,700...lease 24 mo. 12kyr. 512.00 with $4000.00 down.....doesnt seem to good?pls. advise..of course includes all rebates etc..Thanks..MA. Dealer
    Hi jollymonsrv. Let be begin by saying that $4,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment on leased vehicles. Those who do, risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher, you will be much safer going with a zero down lease.

F-Series sales are falling off of a cliff. It has been the number one selling vehicle in the U.S. practically every month for nearly the past two decades...until May when it was outsold by the Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, and Toyota Corolla! Look up this truck's exact dealer invoice price in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com and pay as close to dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpcarterjpcarter Member Posts: 1
    Hi, just left the dealer with this offer:

FX4, sticker price $40,690 - purchase price $34,000 / $2,500 down $343.24 per month / 24 months-- they will also throw in bedliner ($216)

They are telling me the money factor is 1%, Residual is .57, 10,500 miles a year,

For some odd reason they are using $41,385 as the MSRP to figure the residual...has to do with a $695 discount on the sticker for captian's chair???

From looking at the papers it looks like the $2,500 included the first month's payment.

Can you let me know if this is a good deal. I feel there should be a little more of a discount but they insist this is the bottom line.....

Thanks for your help. I am in central NY
  • ron48164ron48164 Member Posts: 8
    34K for the MSRP of 49,690 sounds close to a-plan price. I don't think you'll get much better. The 41,385 on the lease is because it's figured before the tow and go discount. This actually helps you . 2500 downs knocks about $125 off the monthly payment.

I myself will not put anything down on a lease, just the 1st payment at signing.

My wife check check our local dealer, residual is .57, money factor 1%, came our at about 400/month for either the super cab or super crew (better money facor on the crew). I have z-plan access, but the with employee pricing for everyone, they lowered the rebates, which actually hurt me. Seeing we're paying 240/mo for our 2006, we decided to extend the lease for 2 months, and hope the deals are better in August, when they'll need to unload the 2008 for the new design of the 2009's.
  • rcktsixrcktsix Member Posts: 1
    this doesnt sound like a deal to me.

2008 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat trim

MSRP $51285, negotiated price $41477 using employee pricing offer
    36 month lease w/18k miles per year
    no money down except first month and fees (about $890)
    residual of 47% with a finance/lease rate of 4.75 %
    Tax rate 6.25%
    $795.00/month

Would love some input--just doesnt sound like a deal to me and the residual seems low.
  • endlessmotoendlessmoto Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking between a 2008 Tundra and 2008 F150; I'm planning on doing a 3 year/36K mile lease and want to know what I can expect the Ford dealers to wheel and deal on for the following;

2008 F150 SuperCrew 4WD XLT with 5.4 and Shortbed
    Invoice: $31K
    What is the money factor this month and the residual on these trucks? What can I expect to pay at a very good deal?

I live in Milwaukee, WI 53227 and the sales tax is 5.6%. I'd like to walk out with just paying tax, title, registration, and 1st month payment. Please help!

Thanks!
    endlessmoto, I turned in my 2006 f150 xlt supercrew in may. I feel the tundra is a much better truck. The engine blows away the ford 5.4 plus I'm getting close to 17 mpg mountain roads and 19mpg on the interstate. The double cab is smaller than the supercrew but still plenty of space for my bulky body. I also like the interior styling much more comfortable and feels more soild not the plastic feel i got from the ford. At the time the tundra was the best deaL I suggest at least trying the tundra I have the SR5 pkg. and opted to not get the TRD pkg as i mainly stay on the pavement. Good Luck
  • dstrangedstrange Member Posts: 1
    My lease is up at the end of this mo. I would like to purchase the truck.
    The residual value is $15,720 and Ford Leasing and dealer are not willing to negotiate that number, even though they will whole sell it out at a much lower cost.
    Any guidance
    Hi endlessmoto. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 4.75% and 45%, respectively.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $3,250 cash incentive that Ford is providing on leases of this truck in your region right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • bullynjbullynj Member Posts: 7
    Im trying to find out what I am going to be looking at on a lease for a F250 with a MSRP of 42k and 2500 down - they are to expensive to purchase and I would like to get a price on a lease.

Also considering a F150 for 38k with a lease price if anyone can give me an idea of what it would be .... Thank you!
  • mattndaymattnday Member Posts: 16
    Car_Man

I am a business customer who is trying to get the best lease possible on a new Ford F-150. I have several questions but will start with the offer I am considering today:

2008 F-150 4X4 XLT CREW
    MSRP 39160
    Invoice 35596
    Track Lease - 42 months - 7.62% - Residual 35% -
    Payment - $560.58 + tax
    Drive Off of First Payment License and Tire Fee ~1050
    Cap Cost - 28344.55
    Cap Cost figured with a 5800 rebate and ford a plan pricing of 34144

Questions:

1)My company has used red carpet business leases and track leases in the last 12 months. Apparently they don't care which direction as long as we get the necessary miles to not get killed on the back end. I drive ~30k per year. With today's programs is their a definitive advantage to redcarpet vs. track?

2)I am trying to get the same dealer to quote me this vehicle on a red carpet business lease to see how the terms change. Can you give me the current red carpet business rebates and money factors for the f-150 for 2008 and 2009 models.

Thanks in advance for any and all help
    Hi mattnday. You're in luck. Ford extended the Employee Pricing offer that it was running in December through January 12th. This means that you will be able to get an excellent selling price on the '08 F-150 that you are interested in without having to haggle.

Wow, you drive 30,000 miles per year :surprise: . That's a lot of driving. I believe that the highest mileage allowance that Ford Credit offers is 19,500 miles per year. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

This may be a moot point though, because I don't believe that Ford Credit is offering Red Carped leases on any '08 models other than the Edge at this point. Most banks pull the plug on lease support for leftover models late in the model year because the residual values are so low at that point that providing enough support to arrive at a reasonable payment is very expensive.

Ford Credit is leasing the 2009 F-150, but as you know it has been redesigned and it is a completely different truck than the 2008 model. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 F-150 SuperCrew 4WD with 19,500 miles per year are 3.5% and an unattractive 36%, respectively.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • rdb0222rdb0222 Member Posts: 26
    Hi, I am looking for ford's current lease residual value and lease rate for a 2009 f -150 lariat supercrew 4x4 for 24 mo. and 10,500 mi/per yr. thanks for the help
    Hi rdb0222. Unfortunately, Ford is not currently providing lease support on the F-150. As a result, leasing this truck right now is going to be very expensive. Unfortunately, it appears as though the days of reasonable leases on pickups are over.

Car_man
    Host
  • cheatedtoocheatedtoo Member Posts: 1
    I had leased Ford products for 10 years. I had never been charged for any damage (or so I was told) on any turn ins when I leased a new vehicle. When I turned in a Mustang I was told there was $1800 in damage but I would be charged $2200. I had a large body shop give me an off site estimate and their price was $425.00. for touch ups. I told the dealer I would not pay their estimate and I would the body shop do the touch ups. They said no. If I did not pay them their price they would turn me in to FMCC and they would ruin my credit.....they did.
    Three moths later I turned in an Explorer. I had it detailed and it was perfect. I owed for extra miles but, the dealer charged me for the mileage and $800 in body damage. I told them I would pay for the milage but not the fictitious damages. They said I would pay them all of it or they would turn in the full amount to Ford and if I did not pay them the full amount that FMCC would ruin my credit...they did.
    Now I was feeling like I was being a target of extortion.
    Just a few months later I turned in my F150 super crew...great truck. This time I was so angry I did not speak to anyone at the dealer and just dorpped it off. A week went by and my old salesman...the guy whom I had bought or leased 13 vehicles in 10 years from...called to ask the combo to get in the truck for the keys. I thought they kept that in a file. I was wrong. I told him to contact me with the final info. He or no one at the dealership ever did contact me. But a $17600.00 now the by out for the lease was $17500.00. I called them and ask how I could owe more than the pay off amount. They said they would send me copies of the dealer documents.
    When I looked at them I realized someone had changed the terms of my lease and falsly signed my initials in two different locations...actually it was two different sets of initials and not even close to mine. This change the amount of lease mile I paid for up front. I also found that the dealer had charged me for a bad engine ( it was not, I would as an engine mechanic in a dealership and have substaintial engine experience) and $4600 in body damage for scratches in the bed an whatever. I was a lie....I have pictures of when I turned it in.
    FMCC said if I did not pay the full amount they would attach my credit file. I told them of the altered lease and sent them a copy of my original. They took off $3500 of the charges but, not for their previous amount of $17600 but instead the took it off an aount of the dealer "turn in sheet" of $18150.00, an amount they previously did not approve. I told them it did not have the engine and body damges I was charged for. They provided me their documents that supported my claim of false damage claims but, said I had to pay them whatever they said of they would ruin my credit....they did
    This has gone on for 6 years and they continue to stall. I have since found other cheated by this dealer. Do you have any ideas how to correct this or have you had simmilar problems? Please respond to me here
    in the subject window

Thanks for your help
  • redwing_alredwing_al Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm interested in this truck: http://tiny.cc/qwf8A

This dealer is a credit union who keeps the nice vehicles that get returned from a lease. In some cases the vehicles have been leased twice...

My question is, what should I offer them for it? Here is my rationale.

1. the truck has likely been paid for once by the guy who was "fleased" by the lease

2. These vehicles will eventually be sold at auction if the credit union does not sell them

3. These trucks have been depreciated... this one by 5 years...

So, what should I offer? What would a truck like this fetch at an auction in Michigan? Do I have any leverage with the bank if I ask them to look at the books and see just what they need to get for it to pay off the residual value?

I am looking for some help. I need a truck, dont want to buy new, but want some negotiating power wiht the bank who owns it..

Please reply especially those with this kind of experieince either negotitating to buy or on the banking side of the sales business..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I couldn't get your link to open, but it isn't really relevant, anyway...

As far as the three points you brought up? None of that matters. Just like any other car dealer, the credit union has an asset for sale. The only thing that matters is what that vehicle is worth on the open market. Where that truck came from, it's leasing history, or anything else won't change what it's worth.

Now.. your credit union may not be all that savvy of a car dealer, but if they are doing leases, then chances are... they know what they are doing. They may take less than a comparable used car lot, but they certainly aren't going to sell you the car for the same that they would get wholesaling it at auction.

So... determine what the market is for that truck, decide on a price you'd be happy to pay, and go offer them a thousand less... and see what happens.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    I find it hard to believe you leased 13 vehicles in 10 years but irregardless you should have signed for Wear Care. Wear Care would've waived any and all damages.

Of course ANYONE who leased 13 Ford vehicles in 10 years should have figured that out after about the 3rd or 4th time of getting "cheated." Or maybe you treat your leased vehicles like you own them. Unfortunately, you do not. Lesson learned.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Unless you are leasing for business purposes where it cant be a write off on your taxes, nobody in their right mind should ever lease.

I strongly disagree with you. There are many advantages to leasing. I leased a 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus, MSRP $33K for $349 a month/ 36 months with ZERO down. I saved over $6,000 in car payments by leasing it instead of buying it. Do you honestly think I would be $6K ahead if I would've bought it and traded it in after 36 months? No chance. This is my 5th lease and I never have had a bad experience. I save at least $150 a month leasing and that really adds up. It allows me to drive cars that would normally be way out of my price range. You just have to do your homework and not be a victim of shady dealers.
  • gekko13gekko13 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, new member here. I was wondering if Ford leases the F350. I need a duely to pull a 4-car hauler. If yes, what engine and drivetrain specs do you recommend?
    Thanx. BTW, what is the price range of the lease? I just need the bare essentials.
  • enimsenims Member Posts: 1
    Need help and advice. I leased a 2005 Ford F-150 FX4 package fully loaded, shortly after my wife and I seperated in Southern California. At that time, my credit was fair enough to not need a co-signer. Still payments were over $600 per month but I was making good money at a company I had been at for over 10 years. Shortly after (3 months) I lost my job. I had planned on moving back to Northern Illinois where I grew up, both the sales person and leasing manager were fully aware of this before anything was signed.

Ok, let me just get to the point. I was unemployed for 6 months and when I got a job here, I was only able to get pretty much minimum wage with the economy. I was however able to keep up with payments. It was eating about 70% of my disposable income between gas and insurance though. I loved the truck and called the 800 number several times to explain all of this and would it be possible to opt out of the lease, and get financing to buy the truck. The 800 # told me should not be a problem as my credit with them was in great favor. Just had to go to the dealership and work it out. 3 dealerships and pretty much got the run around. The dealerships also refused to honor my lease contract.

Out of frustration and after calling the 800# again, I turned the truck in 12 months early being told and understanding I would owe the remaining 12 months lease and an early termination fee of about $1000.00 I was ok with this. The dealership I returned it to refused it because of a defective odometer (by the way I had not driven the truck for about a year, so this is not an excessive mileage issue) I figured it may be a fuse, but was threatened by the service manager that my lease contract warranty would not cover this. It was my understanding that my no questions warranty was bumper to bumper and included tires at no cost to me. The service manager said it could cost as much as $4000.00 to fix odometer.

Needless to say I am very disgusted at this point, the dealership did not even notify Ford for 3 weeks that the vehicle was turned in at their dealership. Turns out the odometer was their mistake, faulty something. 6 months went by till Ford sent me a bill for more than $15,000.00. I do not understand any of it, including a reposession fee, even though I voluntarily turned it in. It was in imaculate condition with low miles and about 3 years old, worth high $20k- low $30k, they however dumped it at auction for $15,000-

I go to court for jury trial next month, please help. I can't afford a judgement for the full amount. All I wanted from all this is a fair judgement amount and after the economy situation and Federal Bailout for the automotive groups, what gives Ford the right to attack me and my credit? I live paycheck to paycheck right now, but would be willing to settle for about $4K-6K, which is more then fair with the crummy service and atitutude I received at the dealerships.

Any help and advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks !!

Eric
    Hi gekko13. Unfortunatgely, Ford hasn't provided lease support on any F-Series pickups in a long time. As a result, it really doesn't make sense to lease one. You may want to consider financing through Ford Credit instead. You can finance a 2010 F-350 at 2.9% and a 2009 model at 0% for 5 years right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • sgeddsgedd Member Posts: 1
    My husband is currently leasing a 2008 F150 and is due to turn in his lease in September. I was curious if Ford has any deals on a new car(or used) if you purchase a ford after returning a lease? Also he has a damaged pass side mirror and I was curious if it was worth fixing or if they wont take much off for the damage?
    Hi, When I turned in my f150 super crew someone had keyed both driver side doors, I was worried about what ford would charge me for the damage so I had the truck detailed before turning it in..... Funny thing is I was not able to lease another ford at a good lease rate and ended up leasing a toyota tundra from the same dealership. They were so pleased with the low miles and how clean my f150 was that they never charged me for the damage. The deals offered vary from month to month seems like timing is everything when it comes to leasing/purchasing. I recently leased a subaru impreza premium 2nd one for my son for 314.00 a month 42 months and a kia sorrento lx awd for 351.00 month 36 months both leases were no money down. Good luck on your next vehicle!
  • lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2011
    Car Man, what are the current interest rate and residuals for 15k and 13.5k on Ford RCL for F150 supercrew 4x4 platinum edition for Houston area. Also what rebates or dealer incentives apply to leases.

Thanks