Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, 737capt. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in Florida are 1.5% and 52%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, Brett. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You are fortunate that you are able to purchase, or in this case lease, the Fusion that you are interested in through Ford's X-Plan. The ability to do so should guarantee that you get an attractive selling price. If you want a conventional loan on this car, you can finance it through Ford Credit at 1.9% for 5 years. Ford Credit has different interest rates for leases though. Its base lease rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 Fusion is actually a little better, at 1.5%. If you decide to lease, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    Does Ford offer a 24 month lease on the Fusion SE 4 cylinder?

Looking for interest rate and residual for:

24 months
    10k and/or 12k miles per year

I only need a car for a couple of years and would prefer a new vehicle.
  • coffeman28coffeman28 Member Posts: 4
    Am looking in the chicagoland suburban area for the best possible lease deal 3 years and 15,000 miles per year was quoted 347.00 per month but really don't know if this is a good deal anyone have any expierences in my are with helping me out.
  • gotpsagotpsa Member Posts: 7
    Looking for numbers for 2 & 3 yr, 15k/yr lease rates for Fusion SEL 4 cyl auto. Residual and money factors. Thanks, Ron
  • wysiwgy6000wysiwgy6000 Member Posts: 4
    What would be a good monthly price for the I4 SE Fusion/I4 Milan automatic with a 3 year, 15k mile lease with no money down and possibly around $2k in negative equity from my previous car? I figure around $320-$340/mo with taxes in North Jersey should be about a fair price. Can anyone help me on this?
    Hi kiln. Yes, Ford is offering 24 month leases on this car right now. If you were to lease a 2008 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value would be 1.0% and 60%, respectively in most areas. The residual value for a lease with 10,500 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Ron. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.0% and 49%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that Ford is providing on leases of this car through Ford Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wysiwgy6000. I see that you are upside down on your current car. You would be better off waiting to get a new car until you had no negative equity in your current vehicle. If you absolutely can't wait, it is essential to get the best deal possible on your new lease. Let's see if we can help you achieve that goal. The lease payment for the Fusion that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. For now I will work up a sample payment on a base 2008 Fusion SE 4-cylinder with an automatic transmission that has an MSRP of $22,410 and a selling price of $19,932 ($500 over invoice minus the $1,250 lease cash). According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $262. If you were to add $2,000 in negative equity to this, it would increase the payment to around $318. As you can see, your estimate was pretty close to what this car is going to cost to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • njandrewnjandrew Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am looking for info on a SE-I4 auto lease in NJ. Interested in 36mo @12000mi/yr. From the above info I see Lease rate of about 1%, not sure the residual or MRSP. Edmunds shows a MSRP of 20660 but you have 22410 in a post above. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Andrew
  • wysiwgy6000wysiwgy6000 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. Last month with the whole "sign and drive" promo, most people would go only as low as $380 a month with my trade in. I guess they're jipping me by about $3,000-$5,000 below what I owe on it (I hate the Galves wholesale book). Unfortunately, I've been upside down by this much for over a year at this point as it seems like the wholesale price falls in sync with my monthly payment amount. Waiting out the term is not an option because the car costs too much to maintain and has some problems. I do see that they bumped up to the rebate to $1250 this month, does anyone know if they're going to bring back to the "sign and drive" event in the next two months? I'm sure their sales are in the toilet with the way the economy is going.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Hi CarMan.

What would monthly lease payment be on:

2008 Fusion SE, i4, 5-spd manual, with SYNC, Sirius radio, Self-dimming mirror (required for Sync), ambient lighting.

Negotiated price: $19900.
    $1250 lease incentive, $500 recent graduate incentive, and $300 incentive that I can't remember what was for.

They claim that residual for this vehicle is 50%, 2% less than auto because it is stick? And kind of low for such a low mileage lease.

What would monthly lease payment should be on 36 month 10,500/year miles for Tier 2 customer? They claim Tier 2 rate is 6%. Is that correct?

Thank you.
    I's be happy to work up a lease payment on this car for you, blueiedgod. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. Both the MSRP and the selling price are used in the calculation of lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • rdyxlrdyxl Member Posts: 4
    Hey, I am considering leasing a Fusion I4 SE, with auto transmission. @indiana 36mo/10500mile.
    Question1: What should I use to calculate the monthly payment? MSRP or other price? I am in Ford X-plan and find a price for I4SE $17819 instead of $18935. And i am confused on which incentives i can use? there is one showing -1500. :confuse:
    Question 2: What is the residual? and What is the money factor(or apr)?

Thanks a lot!
    Hi rdyxl. You need both this car's MSRP and selling price to calculate a lease payment on it. Here is a great article from Edmunds.com that explains how to calculate lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. You can look up what cash incentives are available on leases of this car in your area right now by visiting the New vehicle incentives section of Edmunds.com.

As far as this car's lease program goes, it varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Fusion I4 SE with 10,500 miles per year are 2.5% and 52%, respectively in most areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • diane25diane25 Member Posts: 2
    I am over my miles in my ford escape and have 8 months left. I have a 36 month 45,000 mile lease (currently have 49,000 on odometer) monthly payment on escape is 300.00, fuel cost 400.00 a month. Looking to end lease and lease a Fusion to get myself out of the hole. Is this recommended? NJ resident. The new lease will be 39 mo, 19,500 miles per year at a cost of $431.40 a month, this payment includes the $3000 or so that is left from the Explorer and the over miles.
    MSRP $24,520.00. LEV 44%, Lease end value $10,788.80, selling price $26,487.22, Total Cap Red $2058.60, Total Adjusted cap cost $26,268.78, Lease APR 2.2500%, total tax $1245.16, Rebate amount 1750. Customer cash 1000.00. Is this a good deal, or am i getting taken because I am female and i am at a disadvantage because of the over milage in my current lease?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    you're putting too many miles on a car to lease
  • diane25diane25 Member Posts: 2
    I know. I still would like to see if someone can go over the numbers. I tried to plug them into the lease calculator but my numbers do not come out the same.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    Stay with the Ford Escape. You will probably end up with around 63,000 miles which will equate to $3,600 owed when you turn it in. Try to drive as little as possible in the next 8 months and you may owe less than this. Still, that's way cheaper than having to keep rolling negative equity into your next lease.

And dude was right. You drive way too many miles to be leasing. Leasing really only makes sense for people who drive less than 15,000 miles per year. Ideally 10-12,000.

$431 per month is about $131 more than I would ever think of paying for a Fusion or any other $24,000 vehicle.
  • madox23madox23 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to lease a 2008 Fusion SE with the SAP, 4 cyl and manual. The sticker is $23,280. After getting my pricing through Sam's Club (invoice + $100) and subtracting $1250 lease cash and $500 student cash, the selling price should be $20017. I'm looking for a 12K lease, 24 or 36 month, no cap cost. I will pay the first month and the bank fee out of pocket, up to $1000 if necessary. Using those prices, and some numbers I gleamed from this site to estimate a payment on a few lease calculators, I sent the dealer an email offer with these numbers and payment of $265 a month. Today they get back to me and say they can work these numbers, come on down. I used to sell cars, I know they have no plans on actually giving me this deal as it stands, but what should I expect?
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    Here are the known factors...
    MSRP 23280
    SELLING PRICE (aka CAP COST) 20017

Unknown factors...
    NET CAP COST (negotiated sale price PLUS any fees. You said you would pay acquisition fee but does your state require DMV, title fees, etc.?)
    Residual. Someone said 52%. $12105.60
    Someone said 50% manual transmission? $11640
    Money factor 2.5% on 36 month?
    SALES TAX. (Some states you pay on top of monthly payment. Others you pay upfront on net cap cost)

DON'T FORGET TO ADD SALES TAX TO THESE MONTHLY PAYMENTS
    $265.67 36 months 2.5% at 50% residual value
    $253.22 36 months 2.5% at 52% residual value

24 month lease with residual of 60% and money factor of 1.0% would be
    $266.20 per month plus tax.

My advice would be to get MANY different lease quotes on similar Fusions. Ask them what the residual, money factor, and cap cost (sale price) would be. Make sure to ask them what the NET cap cost would be to make sure they aren't adding in useless fees. The only legit fee they can add is the $595 acquisition fee. Everything else is crap. Waive the Wear Care program. It is around $400 and I've never had them even check any of the three Fords I've leased for non-wear and tear damage at lease end. Also, that Sam's Club deal is good if you are getting a Mustang or a vehicle that Ford doesn't sell many of. However, it is just the X-Plan pricing. Any "Ford Partner" can qualify for the same price. Depending on the over supply of Fusions in your area, you could probably do a little better by not using it.
  • madox23madox23 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. I told the dealer I was going away for work, and we could revisit this next week. I got a really good deal ($0 down, $600 first month/acq. fee, $269 a month) on an Nissan Altima lease, so I'm prepared to walk away from this if the money isn't right. Unfortunately, I actually want the Fusion, so I'm more inclined to make this work. The other thing working against me is that this particular dealer is the only one I've found for 4 states that has a 5 speed manual with all the options.... We'll see what happens next weekend when I get back from my trip, if the car is even still available.

Thanks again for the reply, at least I know what I'm looking at.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I have been offered the following deal on a 2008 Milan I4 (base) with the automatic/alloys package, MSRP $21,060. Monthly payment $226 (which supposedly includes sales tax of 6.5% although I must pay all of that up front), 39 months, $1200 total up front costs, 10.5k miles/year. The sales rep claims that the dealer will lose money on the deal just to move a unit. Their original offer was $252/month until I was leaving in my car and the rep went after me. The $252 was supposedly X-plan pricing; the sales rep said the lower offer was NOT X-plan, since they are not allowed to negotiate on those.

Does this seem like a good deal? I was hoping to get close to $200/month before tax and as low of out-of-pocket costs as possible. The sales rep said the offer is "good until Saturday." ;) Thanks.
  • ashleymarieashleymarie Member Posts: 5
    I went to a dealership to look at a ford focus. I never even got to open the door to one. He talked me into test driving an 08 ford fusion SE. Love the car he even let me drive it home over night. The problem is that he knows what my budget is and I don't understand how he thinks I can afford the car. They are waiting to hear back from ford on buying or maybe leasing the car. I have never bought a car before and I am interested in leasing. He obviously wants to sell me this car....what should I expect to pay for the lease? He hasn't given me ANY price at all! Please help...what questions should I ask? What should I expect? Thanks so much....I am going back there after work....thanks again.

-ashley
    Hi Ashley. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the vehicle's base lease rate. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for a Ford Fusion right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice...which really amounts to several hundred dollars under invoice when the lease cash that is available on this model is taken into account. You can look up the invoice price for the exact car that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have negotiated a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly lease payment using Ford Credit's base lease rate for this model. Ford Credit's base lease rate for the '08 Fusion is currently 2.0% in most areas.

That's all you have to do to get a good deal on a lease of this car. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashleymarieashleymarie Member Posts: 5
    Thank you...I actually think I am going to buy instead of lease. I think I am getting a good deal on the car after rebates and everything its 17800. I am going back to talk with them tomorrow!
    You're welcome, ashleymarie. Good luck and enjoy your new Fusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • kaytay1kaytay1 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a 2009 Fusion for work. I am starting a new job as a field sales rep and according to previous reps who had the same territory, they put anywhere from 15 to 20K miles per year on their vehicles. (The geography is not big).

At first I was NOT interested in a lease due to the miles (thinking I was only alloted the traditional 12,000 miles per year). However, when I went to a dealership the finance guy said they have deals where they would allow up to 20K miles!

Is this true? If so, how does it work in relation to affecting my bottom line payment? Or, is this a rip-off and I should buy. Ideally, leasing would be a great option due to the warranty, a car allowance, and the wear and tear I would put on this car for work. The Fusion is not my dream car, it is the best car for right now.
    Hi what you were told is correct. Ford Credit has an option that allows lessees to drive up to 19,500 miles per year. Its 19.5k residual values are 3% lower than its 15k residuals, so your payment for the higher mileage lease will be a little higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • AlexskiAlexski Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking at leasing a 2009 Fusion Se with the sun & sync package in the Detroit, MI area. I have access to Frod Z-plan. The lease terms are 36-months 12000 miles 0 due (taxes & tiles which is $444.81). 4.0% with a 51% residual. The monthly would be $288.37. Does this sound resonalble to you? FYI- I am also leasign an Escape at the same time so I feel I sould be able to have a bit of a negoating advantage. Any inforamtion or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for the help!

Alexski
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    Hello
    I am looking into Leasing a 2010 Sport AWD with 402A, and Navigation.
    I have an X plan pin. so i am guessing purchase price should be about 30,700?
    do you have an lease info available yet?
    and do you have any info on the flex buy plan?

I am looking to put as little down as possible.

thanks
    Brad
  • jklossjkloss Member Posts: 39
    X Plan on Spoet AWD 402A is 28592 plus freight of 724. In zip 606 there is a $1000 incentive so the price would be 28317
    Hi Brad. I have seen Ford's lease program for the 2010 Fusion. Its program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 49%, respectively.

Ford's lease program often varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I can confirm that this is the exact program that is available in your area.

Given its lack of popularity, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of Ford's Flex Buy program.

Car_man
    Host
  • pruhawk76pruhawk76 Member Posts: 1
    Any information on the interest rates and residuals for the 2010 Fusion hybrid for a 36, 42 or 48 month term (actually in Texas its the Red Carpet Ownershiip Balloon payment plan because of our tax laws). The manager at the dealership did not yet know and claimed he thought the residual on the Hybrid (36 months) might be as high as 56%?
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Car_Man
    Here are the rest of the details on the lease.

2010 Fusion AWD 402A, Navigation.
    39 months 12K miles and one with 10.5K per year
    Maybe 36 months with 10.5K miles per year
    I live in the Chicago area, 60074

thank you for your help
    Brad
  • dirtboy_cadirtboy_ca Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Do you have the 2010 Fusion SEL residual & MF rates for 24 & 36 mo with 15k miles? Looking at the SEL I4 with RapidSpec 302A.

While I'm not sure the Hybrid is worth the extra $, if you have the rates for it as well, I'd like to compare the two.

Thanks,

Steve
    Thanks for the additional information, Brad. It actually appears as though Ford pulled the plug on its special lease program in a number of areas. I don't believe that it is providing lease support on the 2010 Fusion in its Chicago region. You should ask a dealer to make certain that is the case. Let me know if you hear otherwise and I'll do some digging to see what I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Steve. As I mentioned in my previous post, it appears as though Ford has completely pulled the plug on its lease support in a number of areas. From the looks of your user id, it appears as though you are in California. If so, you're in luck. Ford is still providing lease support on select models in the Los Angeles area.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 48%, respectively.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any lease support on the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. It is not providing support on any 24 month leases either.

Car_man
    Host
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Decided to purchase.

MSRP was 23,975. Dealer wanted $560/mo for 36 month, 15000, 5% lease with a 48% residual. That includes all personal property and sales taxes.

Purchase through credit union w/ no money down will be $380/mo.
  • jdj514jdj514 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man,

I'm looking to lease a 2010 Fusion SE - MSRP $22,145

39 month lease with 10.5K miles per year
    I live in Southwest Florida - 33904

What type of money factor and residual value is Ford offering right now? My initial contact with the dealership gave me 50% and 6.5.

Thanks,
    JD
    Hey JD. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SE with 10,500 miles per year are 4.75% and 52%, respectively. Ford's lease program varies by region though, so I'll have to check if this is the specific program that is available in your area right now.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmoney15gmoney15 Member Posts: 1
    Hey car man.. looking at leasing a 2010 Fusion SEL here in the Detroit, MI area. I am getting the Z plan price due to my father being a Ford retiree. The family has been using the same Ford dealership for years so have just got a quote from them. I chose a car on the lot with a sticker price of $28,105 and my Z plan price is $25,282.62. With no money down and a 36 month 12,000 miles lease I was qouted $396 including tax. Does seem about right for this area and these times? I last leased 3 years ago as well as my mom and seems like leasing has gone up. My moms 06 Fusion SEL was $262. The sales rep says things have just changed and rates are up since then. It just seems like they should be begging me to buy a car these days the way things are here. Is the $396 rate seem reasonable in your opinion?

Thanks, greg
  • fazworldfazworld Member Posts: 5
    I have the same question as many other people. I live in the Washington DC area and am interested in leasing a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. From reading all the recent posts, it seems that leasing a Ford is harder than at other manufacturers. I am currently leasing a 07 BMW 335i with a sales price of around $45,000 / 15,000 miles for $557 a month. Are there any promotional deals right now? What can I expect the monthly lease cost to be for a Fusion Hybrid? Is gmoney's quote a comparable one (even though that sales price is cheaper than the Hybrid)? I would rather lease than purchase since I seem to grow tired of the same car after 3 years.
  • fazworldfazworld Member Posts: 5
    Anyone have info on prices paid for leasing?
    Hi Greg. Even though Ford is technically providing lease rate on the 2010 Fusion right now, Ford Credit's lease program for it is not that great. The combination of this car's unattractive lease rate with the new, lower residual values that most banks are using these days and it's not a great car to lease. Unfortunately, the monthly payment that you were quoted for this car looks about right to me.

If I was in the market for a Fusion right now, I'd try to find a leftover 2009 model and finance it through Ford Credit at 0% for five years.

Car_man
    Host
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I'm in shock. This is the first lease I've ever done (2006 Lincoln Zephyr, not enough traffic in the MKZ forum!) and Ford Credit wants almost $3K in wear and tear items. The biggest item is over $2,000 for new wheels. Two of the wheels have VERY minor scratches, 1 has a noticeable scratch and the 4th is scratched up as I ran close to a curb. But I still don't understand why it's that much.

I tried to reason with them on the phone and they said they can't do anything as the estimate is made up by an "independent" agency (Datascan). I bet if they came up with reasonable quotes Ford will fire them and give the contract to another "independent" company.

Any suggestions on what to do? The original dealership closed, so Ford said I could return it to any dealership.

On the plus side I am about 1,500 miles shy of the 33K allowed. Not that they give me any credit for that.
  • karlhkarlh Member Posts: 1
    Hello there! New member today! I contacted a Western Mass Ford dealer with whom I have had great past relationships. The best 3 year, 36,000 mile lease he could get me into would have been a $ 392.00 monthly payment! It seems tougher and tougher to find manufacturers with high enough residuals to make a lease work. I am guessing that Ford's lease support here in New England is not very big either!
  • rugbydadrugbydad Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

Live in Southern California and will be purchasing a 2010 Ford Fusion I-4 SE or SEL. Need current Base Lease Rate% and Residual% for 10,500K on 24 & 36 month Lease.

Is the Ford Acquisition Fee a done deal or negotiable? I've never done a Ford Credit Lease Deal so any other points/fees to be aware of specific to Ford Credit?

* If Ford is lurking, I'd would have gone for the Fusion Hybrid (great ride) but not without Ford Credit Sales Support. Just not worth it at this point. Maybe in 2011 Hybrids will be affordable alternatives without having to factor in "I like driving past the gas station and I like to be environmentally conscious" :)
    I'd like to get the residual and money factor for a 2010 Fusion Sport.

36 months at 10,500 miles per year.

MSRP 28,095
    Sale price 24,400

Thanks
    Disregard prior post. There isn't a delete button to remove it.
This discussion has been closed.