Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• vehiculavehicula Member Posts: 42
    I spoke with a local Ford dealer today about the Fusion SEL. He wouldn't give me specifics - not without a deal in front of him - but he did say that Red Carpet Lease interest rates (in Massachusetts) were very low - 1% or 0.75%. That is indeed low.

BTW: He said that Ford uses the term 'interest rate' rather than 'money factor'. Makes no difference to me, but I thought you weren't allowed to use the word 'interest' in regard to a lease.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited February 2011
    No problem vehicula. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SEL 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year in Massachusetts are 2.0% and 50%, respectively.

It's difficult to say when or if Ford will ever offer a special lease program on the Fusion Hybrid. I don't anticipate them offering one in the near future, but one never knows for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • leasewizardleasewizard Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2011
    Hello CarMan,

Please provide the lease terms for a ~Fusion SE 24 month lease in PA for 10.5K miles/year.

Residual = ?

Factor = ?

Rebates = ?

They still have the $1k Conquest rebate also.

Thanks,

LW
    Hi leasewizard. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SE with 10,500 miles per year are 0.75% and 60%, respectively.

If you are in the Philadelphia area, Ford is currently providing a $1,200 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Fusion in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobbyrobbobbyrob Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I was just offered a 2011 fusion se sun and sync for 2700 down 199 a month. It's a 24 month lease 10.5k miles is this the best I'm going to get?

I'm in the central jersey area if that helps
  • btmcgrathbtmcgrath Member Posts: 22
    CARMAN...any intel on the June lease specifics for Fusions. Def need 15k miles. Either a SE or SEL 4cylinder. Thanks
    Hi btmcgrath. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 51%, respectively.

The lease rate for an otherwise identical lease of an SEL are the same, but the residual value would be 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • wysiwgy6000wysiwgy6000 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 Fusion S or SE with no money down for 36 months 15,000 miles in NJ. I have the Ford X-Plan pricing through my company, which will put the Fusion S at about $19,000 for me and the Fusion SE at about $20,000. I'm currently leasing a Nissan, so I understand there's $1,000 in conquest cash that I can get towards the car. I think there's another $500 in Ford cash as well for everyone. Do you think I can get out of there for about $280 a month with this type of deal?
  • topdog240topdog240 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Can you provide the numbers for a Fusion Sport and Fusion SEL V6 models for 15K, 36 months, and any incentives?

Thank You
    Greetings topdog240. Ford Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Fusion Sport with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% to 2.75% (the exact rate varies by region) and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Fusion SEL V6 are the same.

Ford is providing cash incentives on leases of this car through Ford Credit, but again they vary by region...from $250 to $750.

Car_man
    Host
  • likescars1likescars1 Member Posts: 2
    Let me know how I did.

Ford Fusion 2012, 302A, Monochrome package, upgraded leather, V4, Black and Black

Forgot the original MSRP but close to 29500
    Selling Price 25800
    conquest cash 1000
    dealer incentive 750

Out of pocket 1500 including taxes fees and misc.
    259 a month for 24 months 12k miles a year

I wanted to get 240 a month but dealer said I was already under invoice.
  • likescars1likescars1 Member Posts: 2
    forgot to mention Fusion SEL
  • space_odysseyspace_odyssey Member Posts: 6
    I was ondering if anyone can provide the latest residual and money factor on a 2012 Fusion SE 2.5L I4 6 Spd Auto with Sun n Sync on a 3 yr lease with 15,000 miles.

Also, if Ford offers a 2 yr lease with 15,000 miles for this vehicle, that same info would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, space_odyssey. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% to 2.75% depending upon which one of Ford's myriad of regions you are in. The residual value for this term would be 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease 0.5% and 61%.

Ford is currently providing $250 to $750 in cash incentives on leases of this car, again this varies by region.

Car_man
    Host
  • lizzie8lizzie8 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please tell me the latest residual and money factor on a 2012 Fusion SE 2.5L I4 6 Spd Auto with Sun n Sync on a 2 year 12k mile lease.

Would 230/month
    3,000 down taxes and fees included be a good deal?
    Hi lizzie8. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 63%, respectively.

I don't know what a good payment on this car would be off of the top of my head, but I can tell you if you provide me with its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That data is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hi Car_Man. Would you please be so kind as to provide me with the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Ford Fusion Sport AWD, 10,000 miles per year?

Thank you!
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hi Car_Man.

I would also like to know the money factor and residual for a 2012 Fusion SEL V6 AWD for 36 months, and 10,000 miles per year.

Thank you!!
    Hi Car_man,

The MSRP is 24915, and the invoice price is 23446.55. The dealer is selling the car to me at about 50$ above invoice, 23,500.
    and the actual lease would be 240/month, 3,000 down (taxes and fees included) and $500 rebate from ford that I will get mailed to me in about a month.
    I'd be happy to hpowders. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 2012 Fusion Sport AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.25% to 2.5% (this varies by region) and 58%, respectively.

In addition to this low lease rate, Ford is providing a $500 to $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ford Credit (again this caries by region).

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hpowders. The lease rates for the '12 Fusion SEL V6 AWD would be the same, but the residual value would be 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, lizzie8. A selling price of $500 over invoice isn't bad if you're in an area that has the $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. It's not quite as attractive if you're in an area that has $1,000.

At dealer invoice, this car would have a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $310.

Car_man
    Host
  • torotorotorotoro Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2012
    Hi Car-Man:

Can you please provide the January money factor and residual value for a FWD 2012 V6 SEL, assuming top tier credit rating, 10K/36 mos. in the northeast (NYC area)? TIA.
    Sure torotoro. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Fusion SEL V6 FWD with 10,000 miles per year in its New York region are 1.5% and 56%.

Ford is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area right now. Make sure to take that cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • davidga12davidga12 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please estimate a 24 month lease payment for a 2012 Fusion SEL V6 FWD with 10,000 miles per year? A 27 month lease was mentioned (by the dealership) as well but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference in payment.

Xplan price is $27,279 (MSRP = $28,995) and Ford is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases in the Southeast (GA). They gave me a price of $444 and when I questioned that it went down dramatically to $326. Now I'm not sure what to believe. I was only planning to put down the first month's payment.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi davidga12. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Fusion SEL V6 FWD that has MSRP of $28,995 and a selling price of 26,029 through Ford Credit right now for 24-months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $309. Once sales tax is added in, the $326 payment is probably pretty close to being right.

It's pretty bad for a dealer to mark-up an X-Plan deal like they were trying to on you. If this had happened to me, I might consider taking my business to a different Ford dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • davidga12davidga12 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Car_man! I did end of going to a different dealership and they gave me $1500 more for my trade which I used for a down payment.

24 month lease for 2012 SEL V6 with Moon &Tune plus rear spoiler is $297 including taxes (6%). I'm pretty happy with that. :D

Thanks again for your advice.
    Good job davidga12. Thanks for stopping back to let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • deniserenaedeniserenae Member Posts: 1
    Fusion,13500 miles per year, $3500.00 COD., $262.90
  • neel75neel75 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you tell me the residual and lease rate for May in NJ area? I'm looking at 24 months, 12K/year and either SE or SEL - not decided yet... Decision pending with the missus :confuse:

Cheers,
    Neel
  • xfinityguyxfinityguy Member Posts: 7
    I was approved for a Tier 1 Ford Motor Credit lease. I first looked at a Ford Fusion SE with Sun and Sync Package as this is what they were advertising on TV. With a 10,500 mile lease on 24 months, my payment would be 192.94 (w tax) and $2740.72 Down due at signing including first month payment. I get Xplan pricing with my work and they told me this is the absolute best deal I can get. The residual is $15790.95 which is 63%.

The second option to my surprise was to lease an SEL (fully loaded w/o appearance pack) model Fusion for 194.96 for 24 months with a residual of $18,851.20. 62%. Same down payment. I am trying to understand with Xplan pricing if this is a good deal on either of these. I would like a 12,000 mile lease, but it will be roughly be about $12 a month they said would take my payment to $208. I have to bring the car back tomorrow and make a decision. I was going to ask them to split the difference on the mileage extra so I could stay at $199. The residual seems high on these but I will probably turn the car in because I will be upside down at the lease turn in. What are anybodys thoughts on these? Should I go for it with the xplan or am I getting taken? Please help. I am a first time lease customer. Also, the manager said the xplan was $125-150 above invoice and I am getting the "best deal anybody can get". Thanks.
  • xfinityguyxfinityguy Member Posts: 7
    I was approved for a Tier 1 Ford Motor Credit lease. I first looked at a Ford Fusion SE with Sun and Sync Package as this is what they were advertising on TV. With a 10,500 mile lease on 24 months, my payment would be 192.94 (w tax) and $2740.72 Down due at signing including first month payment. I get Xplan pricing with my work and they told me this is the absolute best deal I can get. The residual is $15790.95 which is 63%.

The second option to my surprise was to lease an SEL (fully loaded w/o appearance pack) model Fusion for 194.96 for 24 months with a residual of $18,851.20. 62%. Same down payment. I am trying to understand with Xplan pricing if this is a good deal on either of these. I would like a 12,000 mile lease, but it will be roughly be about $12 a month they said would take my payment to $208. I have to bring the car back tomorrow and make a decision. I was going to ask them to split the difference on the mileage extra so I could stay at $199. The residual seems high on these but I will probably turn the car in because I will be upside down at the lease turn in. What are anybodys thoughts on these? Should I go for it with the xplan or am I getting taken? Please help. I am a first time lease customer. Also, the manager said the xplan was $125-150 above invoice and I am getting the "best deal anybody can get". Thanks.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I recently looked at leasing for the first time. With the Z plan and 10,500 annually 24 month lease on a Fusion Sport list 31,690, the payment with taxes was 294 with 0 down. This was two weeks ago. The residual is high, which surprised me due to the model change. I would think that it would have been lower than that. I live in Nashville, Tennessee which has a 7% state tax and $100 max local tax. They are advertising a package which they call the moon and tune package in Detroit on an SEL that would probably be a little less than that. Your 2740 due at signing adds another 114 per month charge when spread out.
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    Even though the new 2013 Ford Fusion is not yet available, is it possible to acquire lease details for the vehicle, particularly the residual value and money factor details? We plan to lease a 2013 Fusion SE 1.6L EcoBoost 6-speed manual (10k or 12k miles per year) for 36 months (or 48, depending on the deal).

While we are on the subject of new Fusion, is it better to wait until the car has been on the market for a bit before jumping at a lease (to get the best deals), or does Ford often offer great deals when new cars are first introduced? My wife and I have owned 19 cars between the two of us, but neither of us has ever leased a car!

Thank you!
    I should be able to give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like chad75. It varies by region though. What state are you in? I can tell you that its current program isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    Sorry, I should have put that in the original message: Southwest Florida, specifically Fort Myers (33901).

Thank you!
    Don't worry about it chad75, it happens all the time :).

OK, Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion SE 1.6L with 12,000 miles per year are...hmmmmm it appears as though your initial thought was right, I don't believe that Ford has any lease support on the '13 Fusion yet.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • greencardwpbgreencardwpb Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car-man,

Can you provide me with the current money factors and residuals for a 2012 Ford Fusion, SE and SEL? I am thinking of leasing one. Also, are you aware of any dealer incentives?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out greencardwpb. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Fusion SE with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% to 1.25% (depending upon what region you are in) and 51%, respectively.

The lease rates would be exactly the same for the SEL, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

The cash incentive that is available on leases of this car again varies by region from $1,750 to $2,250.

There really isn't much in the way of dealer cash available on this car right now, just $500 on really old models in a couple of Ford's 22 regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • balthazar9balthazar9 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_man,

Could you provide me with residuals and money factors for a 15k/yr and 16.5k/yr leases in the Philadelphia area for a 2012 Ford Fusion SE for 24 and 36 months for this month? I'm not sure if they use a prepay mileage charge for the 16.5k since they would only do 15k, 16.5k, or 18k. The others dealers that do a prepay let you buy any amount.

Thanks!
  • greencardwpbgreencardwpb Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Car_man. I should have been more specific.

I am located in South Florida and am looking at a 24 month lease. I know Ford is advertising $199/mo for an SE auto with $1754 due at signing. This is after rebates. I was wondering what money factor and residual they are using and how it would affect the payment if I put nothing down.

Thanks again!
  • fenderman2fenderman2 Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man, are the lease numbers for the 2013 fusion out yet?
    Thanks
  • swflgalswflgal Member Posts: 18
    I am looking to lease a 2012 ford fusion in sarasota florida by the end of the week and my company has access to the x plan pricing. I am new to leasing so I am not sure I totally understand how it works and am very nervous about. I thought x plan pricing offers good pricing and protects you from paying too much when buying the car. But does leasing with the xplan put me at risk of being swindled on the leasing terms if I am not lease savvy? Do I tell the dealer upfront that I am leasing and want to do xplan pricing? Any guidance anyone could provide me I would great appreciate it!
    They are fenderman2. Ford Credit's special lease rates for the 2013 Fusion vary from 5.5% to 6.5%, depending upon which one of Ford's myriad of regions you are in. The residual values vary by trim level.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi swflgal. X-Plan does provide you with a fixed attractive price on a Ford vehicle. Theoretically dealers shouldn't mess around with the lease program for an X-Plan deal, but I suppose that you never know. If you provide me with the details of the car that you are interested in, how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need I can provide you with the details of Ford's current lease program in your area that you can bring with you to the dealer to make sure that they aren't playing any games.

Car_man
    Host
  • fenderman2fenderman2 Member Posts: 11
    car man, thanks. Im looking at an SE manual with luxury package. What are the residuals.
  • thesurferthesurfer Member Posts: 1
    Yeh were looking at 2013 Fusions as well and trying to figure out leasing. Dealers don't have any in for another week or two. Looking at 13' SE most likely with fwd, 2.0 eco etc.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    I'll be trying to lease a 2013 Fusion Hybrid come end of December. Going to do it via Carwoo and I figure near end of month and near end of quarter during a tough sales month for dealers will get me a good price. Going to submit for the Hybrid and the SE in case the Hybrid price does hold up strong. I'll come back to get current money factor and residual at that time and let you all know how its working out; I have near perfect credit score so I'm going to negotiate as hard as I can.
  • bluelikejazzbluelikejazz Member Posts: 14
    Are you saying that the best money factors offered are 0.0023 to 0.0027, or am I misunderstanding your post?
This discussion has been closed.