Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• chee2chee2 Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to decide between the Ford Fusion and a Nissan Altima 36 month lease for the past couple weeks and I’m finding the process rather confusing and was hoping for some help.
    One of the first questions I have regards the X plan (plan for friends and family of Ford). Someone told me that there is no need to negotiate if I’m using the X plan and the price will be right at invoice and I will get all incentives. On the ford website I saw advertised a deal for 500 cash back for college students, that’s an incentive right? However the dealer said I’m not eligilable for it? I don’t understand why not.

The car I ended up looking at was an SEL I4 w. leather, the
    print out the dealer gave me showed the MSRP being 22245 and with the x plan I would get it at 21391. I planed to out 2000 down and this would get me payments at around 270 a month for 36 month 12,000 a year. Is this a good deal?

Is it a better bet right now to lease a Nissan altima due to the higher residual value? I went to their website looking for the nationally advertised lease deal they were currently offering and could not find one? Are they not currently offering one? I’m sure there is a site that list current lease offers from companies?
    Sorry about being long winded I just find the whole process overwhelming.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Regarding the Fusion dealer invoice for a base SEL w/I-4 is $18,985, leather at dealer cost is $779, I'm sure you have added other options to make the MSRP $22,245. Now the dealer profit on the car is 7% of the MSRP (22,245) that makes it (1557.15) Now reading " Plan -X I cant speak on that, but I'm sure if you let your fingers do the walking at edmunds.com you will find a lot of information regarding dealer price...

Regarding the Altima, Nissan is having a $199/m lease on the 2.5S w/ speical edition package. This is off the Nissian web page

"2006 Altima 2.5S Auto w/ Special Edition Package, Mats and Splash Lease - 36 MONTHS - $199/MONTH - $2,639 INITIAL PAYMENT"

I have seen local dealer have the same payment with $1000 out of pocket cost. My parents have a Altima 3.5 SE and I'm very impressed with it, lots of room in the car...

Tony :shades:
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Member Posts: 18
    Hello, anyone know the lease infomation?? Thank you!

I'm looking at leasing a Fusion SE 4 cyl with automatic & Sport pkg. MSRP is $19,800. Can you give me the lease numbers for 3yr/12k for Mass and NH? What kind of discounts are on the cars?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    I can't give you the lease # but I can give you dealer invoice on the car and package..

Dealer invoice on a SE w/ 4cyl is $16,525 and Sport package is $370. Now do not forget that the dealer profit on the car is 7% of MSRP on the sticker which is $1224.65 Remember this.... Dealers are hurting so Negoatate the LOWEST price for a lease, now that I have given you this infomation you have a good idea on the price...

Tony :shades:
  • lisad3lisad3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    I live in Florida and am new to the leasing thing. I was interseted in the Mercury Milan I-4 automatic. Mercury is running a lease special for 39 months, 0 money down, 0 security, and 0 first month's payment. The payment is $257 a month. The residual value is 44% or $9117 and the rate was 1.5%. The MSRP is 19,820. Is this a good deal? What other questions should I ask the dealer?
    Thanks,
    Lisad3
  • clyonsclyons Member Posts: 2
    has anyone seen the advertised price to lease a Fusion for $189 a month with no money down?
  • dlangdlang Member Posts: 59
    In Jan 2006 I leased a fully loaded 2006 Milan Premier for $337/month, 36 months, 12K miles. This "no $ down" lease required I pay around $850 "bank" and other charges upfront. This was the lowest lease price I found, other dealers wanted about $400/month. Total cost over 3 years is about $12,500 so ~$350/month.
  • ivydlskivydlsk Member Posts: 2
    I am a college student fixing to buy my first car. I am looking at a 3yr lease on a '06 Milan. I will put more than 15,000 miles a yr on the car, but my intention is to purchase at the end of the lease. I am actively saving so that at the time of the lease end, I will be able to put in the neighborhood of 5,000.00 toward the remainder and then finance the rest.......which should leave me around 5,000.00 to have to finance.

Is this a good idea......am I looking at it the right way? It is my understanding with the RCL with the intent to purchase, the mileage doesn't hurt you.

Also, I was planning to put 1,000.00 down at the start ...is that a good idea or would that money be better used at the end of the lease?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, vwvw1. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 50%, respectively in your area. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it. If you are not completely sold on leasing, you may be interested in a new promotion that Ford is launching tomorrow. It is going to provide 0% financing for up to 6 years on all 2006 models. This is a very compelling offer. Check out the following discussion for informaiton on how much you should pay for this model right now: "Ford Fusion: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scape2. Lease payments are comprised of two main parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. All vehicles depreciate, regardless of how you pay for them. With leases, consumers are just paying for their vehicles' depreciation as they go along instead of taking the hit all at one time like they would if they had purchased and then sold their vehicle. Consumers who enjoy driving a new vehicle every couple of years can theoretically come out the same by leasing a car or by financing / paying cash for the same vehicle and selling it after the same period of time. In fact, some models, especially many luxury vehicles like BMWs, have lease support but no other special promotions available on them. In these instances, it would be silly NOT to lease. One can save thousands of dollars by taking advantage of the special interest rates and inflated residual values that BMW is providing. The bottom line is that it varies depending upon the deals that are available, but leasing is often a very attractive way to finance a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi chee2. The recent college graduate incentive that you mentioned is completely paid for by Ford and has nothing to do with your dealer. If you were able to combine it with the X-Plan I suspect that the dealer would allow you to do so. I know that the X-Plan is compatible with most normal cash incentives, like customer cash, Ford Credit bonuses, etc... but it is possible that the college grad promotion and the X-Plan are not compatible.

Something seems strange about the selling price that you were quoted for the Fusion that you are interested in. Ford is currently providing $1,000 lease cash on it that you are automatically entitled to, on top of the X-Plan discount yet the price that you were quoted is only $850 below MSRP. This is not right. Make sure that this dealer quotes you the correct price for this car or find a different one to work with.

On a related note, if you are not completely sold on leasing, tomorrow Ford is introducing 0% financing for up to 6 years on all 2006 models, including the Fusion. This is a very attractive offer that I personally would probably take advantage of if I was in the market for this car.

I haven't done any calculations, but I suspect that the Nissan Altima has a more attractive lease program than the Ford Fusion right now. Nissan does have an advertised lease for the Altima on its Web site. You must have just checked it before its promotions were updated for this month. Here is a link to its current advertised lease page: Nissan Advertised Leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome Lisad3. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Mercury is running a very attractive lease promotion on the 2006 Milan this month. The advertised lease that you saw for this car is a pretty good deal. Keep in mind though that like with most manufacturers' advertised leases I suspect that there is a little meat left on the bone with this offer. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were financing or paying cash for them. While manufacturers' advertised leases usually include some sort of discount off of full MSRP, they often leave a little room to negotiate. This makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if their manufacturer advertised the thinnest possible deal on a car or truck. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price than you can and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate your car's payment using the special lease program. On a related note, Ford is introducing 0% financing for up to 6 years on all 2006 Mercury models tomorrow. You may want to consider taking advantage of this attractive offer instead of leasing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ivydlsk. You are right that lessees who purchase their vehicles at the lease-end are not charged an excess mileage penalty. Rather than leasing and then financing your vehicle's purchase option price at the end of your deal, I personally feel as though you would be better off taking advantage of the special promotion that Ford is introducing tomorrow. It is launching 0% financing for up to 6 years on all 2006 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models. Ford is going to be VERY, lenient about who it approves for this special rate so even though you are a college student there is a very good chance that you will qualify for it. This would be a better way for you to go than leasing and then financing at the end.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ivydlskivydlsk Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I heard about the 0% yesterday and I am going to go see about it today. Here's hoping.........
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    Lease a Fusion/ Milan and when the lease ends buy a different used and preferably certified Fusion/ Milan (i.e. instead of buying the one you are returning, buy one someone else is returning). Buying the same car costs you a lot more - Ford/ Mercury has poor resale value and that means you can save $3000-$5000 if you follow my suggestions.
  • BeamerManBeamerMan Member Posts: 64
    Hi Car Man, I know this is probably the wrong place but I can,t seem to find anyone talking about 2007 Lincoln lease rates. Looking at 07 MKZ. What would be a good starting rate? 2.0 percent? Do you think Ford will come out of the gates with incentives? Wayne.
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I think this is high. I leased a 2006 Zephyr on Memorial day for $293 OTD with ZERO down. Has all options except NAV and Sunroof - does the Milan V6 Premier have these?
  • qtpykellqtpykell Member Posts: 3
    rj123456, how long is your lease for? Also, do you know how much more it would have cost per month with NAV?
  • BeamerManBeamerMan Member Posts: 64
    My gosh, how on earth did you get a lease payment that cheap? How many months ? The best I have seen is arounf 385.
  • dlangdlang Member Posts: 59
    Ford is NYC radio advertising Milan I4 lease at around $285 and not even $0 down. I know $337/month for Milan V6 fully loaded with sunroof (NAV??) is considered a very low price. Not sure about your market in Alabama.

Since we're both leasing and carrying higher insurance due to Ford lease requirements, my minimum car insurance is $3200/year and a Zephyr would be higher since costs more, and that's with lots of discounts.
  • pbfloridapbflorida Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    What are the current Residual %'s and Money Factors/Interest Rates for a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr? I'm interested in 36 and 48 month terms, any mileage allowance.
    Thanks!
    39 months 10,500 miles per year.
    No NAV didnt ask about it and the special was only on the specific VIN# they were advertising as their Memorial Day weekend special. The car was still there, unsold/unleased, when I got there at 7:30pm.
    39 months, the catch is on the mileage @ 10,500/year, with 25 cents per mile over! But then its been over 3 months and I've done only 2200 miles so far so that shouldnt be an issue.
    No problem, ivydlsk.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Wayne. I just answered your question about the Lincoln MKZ in the Lincoln Zephyr discussion. Please check there for my response.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi pbflorida. This really isn't the place for questions about the Lincoln Zephyr. Please stop by the following discussions with any questions that you have on this car: "Lincoln Zephyr: Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gene66gene66 Member Posts: 13
    Hello Car_man,
    I have just watched a TV ad yesterday, advertising a Mercury Milan lease for $238/month with $1,999 due at signing. I could not read the fine print at the end of the ad. I am assuming this offer was for a 2007 year model, probably the I-4 without options. Do you have any information on this program (i.e. # of months, # of miles/year)?
    Can you also please post the latest money factors/residual values/bonuses for the Milan I-4 and V6. I personally am interested in 36 months, 12,000 miles/year. Thank you!
    P.S. I live in the SouthEast
    Hi gene66. I believe that most of Mercury's television advertisements are regional. I have not seen the specific ad that you mentioned. I can give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like though. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mercury Milan 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are currently around 2.5% and 54%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tfoltfol Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Looking for the residual value and money factor on 2007 Ford Fusion SE in the New York Long Island area. Looking to lease for 3 years, 12k. Thanks
  • ksnaggksnagg Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Hey, I leased a ford fusion in january of 06 in Michigan. 36 month term. 36,000 miles for the lease. Right now im on track with mileage at about 11,800 miles on it. The car is a little bit too much to pay for now, ive had some financial set backs and i can no longer afford the car.. Is there anything i can do ?? end the lease early or something ? thanks for the help. all responses are appreciated.
  • cms2cms2 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_man. It's been awhile since I've been here but I'm on the hunt again. Do you have current lease terms for a 2007 SEL V6 Ford Fusion with all options except navigation? I am looking for 12,000 miles/yr. 36 mo. lease. E-price quoted to me is approximately $23,900. Dealer also said $1,000 rebate would reduce the price to $22,900. I have scores around 650 and do not want to put any money down (although I will agree to pay first and fees). I am in Michigan. Thanks so much.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, tfol. In its New York region, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 63%, respectively. As you can see, Ford publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ksnagg. I am sorry to hear about your financial problems. Unfortunately, there really is nothing that you can do to get out of your lease early without spending quite a bit of money. Your best bet is probably to keep driving your car until you are as close as possible to the scheduled end of your lease. The Fusion is a relatively inexpensive vehicle and you are probably going to need a car to get to and from work or to search for a new job, so keeping it probably is not the worst thing. Sorry that I didn't have better news for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome back cms2. Ford's lease program often varies by region, but in most areas Ford Credit's current 36 month base lease rate and residual value for a 2007 Fusion SEL V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 54%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cms2cms2 Member Posts: 4
    OK Car_man. Two options:
    2007 Fusion SEL V6 All options
    Sticker 29,210
    Delivery 700
    MSRP 29,910
    X-Plan 27,588
    Discount (1,000)
    Total 26,588
    Total invoice X-Plan 27,624

other option
    2007 Fusion SEL V6 All options but nav/sirius
    Sticker 26,405
    Delivery 700
    MSRP 27,105
    X-Plan 25,154
    Discount (1,000)
    Total 24,154
    Total invoice X-Plan 25,180

Scores in 640s. I live in Michigan. I want to take advantage of the Red Carpet Lease plan, and I have a 2002 525i BMW to trade (56,000 miles, great condition). I still owe $21,500 on the care.

What do you think? I keep thinking I can do better than the X-Plan price. Do dealers ever go below invoice? And do you suspect I can get the lease deal? Thanks so much.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Dealers will not usually go below invoice on a vehicle unless they're overloaded on them or it's a terrible sales month. Even if you get $200 below invoice they'll add a $400 doc fee which makes it $200 over invoice. With X plan they can't add any of those fees and they can't keep any unadvertised incentives, either. X plan is the safest and will be the cheapest 95% of the time.
  • tgp1810tgp1810 Member Posts: 112
    Car_man,

Could you please provide me with the numbers for a 07 Milan V^ Premier for 36/15. I am in Michigan. Also, what's your opinion on going for something like a 27 or 39 month lease insead?

Thank you for your help!
  • arnieparniep Member Posts: 1
    I have a dealer in the metro Detroit area quoting me a lease price of $350/month on a 36/12 lease for a Mercury Milan.
    The vehicle is the V6 premier model with heated seats, leather and no sunroof.
    Can anyone tell me if that is a decent price?
    Thanks...arniep
  • mgoblu3mgoblu3 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I want to lease a 2007 Ford Fusion V6 SE (I live in the Omaha, Nebraska area zip 68123).

What kind of good advice can you give me. My early research shows a TMV for the V6 SE at 21,052.

Real interested to know if Ford is offering a no money down lease program, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year. Thanks.
    Hi cms2. I doubt that you can negotiate a price on this car that is much lower than the one that is available through Ford's X-Plan on your own. The X-Plan price is usually very good. Now that you have received attractive price quoted on the car that you are interested in, have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using Ford Credit's base lease rate and you're in business. Ford Credit's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of the 2007 Fusion is 2.25%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, tgp1810. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 51%, respectively. I haven't seen any info on 27 month leases of this car, but you might be able to get a slightly lower monthly payment by stretching out your lease on it to 39 months. Its 39 month, 15k numbers are 2.0% and 49%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings arniep. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mgoblu3. Try to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you are interested in and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using Ford Credit's base lease rate. If there is a decent level of competition in your area, you should not have much trouble beating this car's TMV price. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for around $500 or so over invoice minus the $500 lease cash that is available on it. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Fusion SE V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 53%, respectively. That pretty much sums up how to get a good deal. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ltciproltcipro Member Posts: 2
    What makes up the "Total Additional Cap Costs" in a standard Ford Motor Credit auto lease? Is it negotiable. One of our local Ford dealers tells me it is a leasing company acquisition cost and not dealer related, whatsoever.
    Please advise.
  • qtpykellqtpykell Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up my fusion last night, and it is awesome. I leased the Fusion SEL AWD with Leather and EVERY option except Navigation. This includes Sirius satellite radio, upgraded stereo, mp3 input, sunroof, NICE rims, etc. Malouf Ford is the best deal in central NJ...i called 3 other dealerships and they all said it was a very good deal. MSRP on the car is 27,720. Put 2K down and 12K miles a month for $320 a month.
  • teach42teach42 Member Posts: 7
    Any chance I can get the APR and Residuals for the 2007 Fusion SEL at 24/12,000 and 36/12,000?
    Hi ltcipro. All banks that lease vehicles to consumers charge an acquisition fee. This fee goes directly to the bank that you are leasing through and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it. the last time that I checked, Ford Credit charged an acquisition fee of $595.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, qtpykell. Thanks for taking the time to share your payment with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings teach42. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2007 Ford Fusion SEL through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 1.75% and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.25% and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    per your note:

"Since we're both leasing and carrying higher insurance due to Ford lease requirements, my minimum car insurance is $3200/year and a Zephyr would be higher since costs more, and that's with lots of discounts."

what are the "ford lease requirements" that would cause one to have higher insurance?
This discussion has been closed.