Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    I received a quote yesterday of $17,150 for an LX. They also sent me an email for an additional $250 off. I'm still very undecided as I have been comparing the Civic with the Elantra.
    I know this is a great price for the Civic but it's looking like the Elantra is going to lease cheaper.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi roadcrazy. Honda is scheduled to introduce a new lease program next week, in the meantime its current buy rate lease money factor for a36-month lease of a 2013 Civic Si Sedan is .00115.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • shahsmerdisshahsmerdis Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone,

I was quoted for a honda civic LX for 36 month 12k/yr lease

170 a month, with ~1800 down which was just for tax up front,dealer/doc fees and first months payment.

How does this sound?

Thanks!!

edit 1: this was for NYC area
  • mike_s5mike_s5 Member Posts: 8
    Honda has a $240 monthly lease deal on their website with no money down on Civic LX. Is this a good deal or can I negotiate a better deal?

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers-detail.aspx?ModelName=Civic%20Sedan&- offerid=68636&modelid=FB2F5DEW
  • redbull319redbull319 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I just signed on a 2013 LX Sedan. 0 down and 36 months at 169.60. I was debating the Si Sedan at around 254 with no down. Hopefully that helps new buyers/leasors. I found this site to be very helpful.

Well i should say 512.86 was my out of pocket (fees, 1st month)
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    How many miles?
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Hi mike_s5. Most manufacturers' officially advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If I was interested in leasing a 2013 Civic right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and have the dealer calculate my payment based on that.

Car_man
    Host
    Price?
    Thanks Car_man.
  • redbull319redbull319 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    money rate 0.000111 (i think)
    residual $11,940.00
    Net Cap Cost $16,930.17

36 mo at 170.62 + tax 9.38 = $180
    12000 miles

I can not find papers... will update.
  • marie99marie99 Member Posts: 21
    In what state and dealership is your lease? Sounds like you got a good deal. Was it at the end of the month?
  • russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    What is it with these vehicles? I tried to talk purchase price and then lease and the NJ dealer I am working with and they will not. Here is there latest offer:

2013 Civic EX-L

$1300 Up front. This upfront covers all fees, docs, title, tire tax, first month, sales tax, bank fee and any other annoying fee.

36 months 12K miles per year

$262 per month OTD again sales tax included

Is this really the best Honda NJ can offer. The car is a $24,555 MSRP!

Advice is needed and will be considered
  • mylt4mylt4 Member Posts: 23
    Hi -

You need to work on them more!. Most important - find out the selling price. I think the you should be able to get them to go about 700 under invoice.

I was shopping today and was offered 209 a month with 1800 down (out the door) for an EX. I think I can get this well below 200.

Good luck
  • lainellainel Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2013 Civic EX for $3,600 down and $99 a month payments. I'm usually very good about taking my time, but this happened very fast. Thoughts?
  • rustytruckbrewrustytruckbrew Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a good deal to me, but I don't know much about leasing. How did you get them down that far on price? What was the final price you settled on for the vehicle?

I'm in the market for a car, and my local Honda dealership has what looks to be a great lease deal. Can anyone look at this and see if it's not a good deal?

3 yr/36,000
    $169/month with $3000 due at signing. $3000 covers tax, title, registration, dealer fees, etc.

I was told that the only thing I need to know is $3000 covers everything including first month, then $169 every month after.

Residual is $12,500. The car is priced at $19,775 I believe, but I haven't tried talking them down yet. Will talking them down get my monthly payments down lower than $169? I was told if I put another $1000 down, it would bring my payments down to $149.
    Thanks for the advice! I am really looking for an agressive dealer in NJ who is ready to make a sale. Seems the ones I am visiting all have sales managers who quash the deal.

Recently, I was quoted for a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cy as follows

$1300 upfront covers all fees and everything
    36 mo 12 k
    OTD including sales tax $329.99 per month

When I said no the sales manager became angry. Angry at me because I said not to his offer.

What next?
  • pts_7pts_7 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 2013 Honda Civic LX w/o options. The dealer won't budge from a $19300 net cap cost. I'm afraid they're taking advantage of the fact they're the only Honda dealer within 80mi. Residual value $12k, monthly payments $255/mo w/ tax.
    is $262 monthly lease a good deal with all taxes, license, doc fees etc. rolled into the lease? I'm in the Chicagoland area. I drive off with the car only paying $262 up front and 35 remaining payments. Also, is residual value the same across all dealers?
    Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Really? I've gone to 5 dealerships over the past week and called 2 others in Chicagoland and that is the best deal I could get ! :( One dealer said he could make it $262 x 35 payments. They all tell me that it's a hot selling car with high gas prices and that they'd rather wait to sell it to someone else than me at a lower price. One dealer said he couldn't get me to $262 unless i put $1,000 down. What am i doing wrong here?
    Also, the price of the car they quoted me at was $19,150 with 0.9 APR for 36 months.
    edited March 2013
    Well, pts7 is looking to lease a lx.... You're looking at a ex...correct?

Edited:I was responding to another poster Mike. ;)
  • jerjerjerjer Member Posts: 1
    If you give them $1000 today instead of over 36 months...1000/36= $28. You should expect around $28 reduction in monthly payment. If they only reduce it by $20 then they are keeping the extra $8 x 36 = $288. So automatically, when they offer you this deal they look at your face and if you do not say anything, they know you don't understand the math. This just leaves the door open for more tactics from them.
  • xbeatzxxbeatzx Member Posts: 2
    Hello, We are just about to negotiate a lease for a 2013 Civic Sedan here in Minnesota. Having a hard time tracking down the current Honda Lease Program Numbers for a Civic EX/LX Sedan. Specifically the current Money Factor and Residual Rate (36 Months/12,000 miles). Also the current acquisition fee Honda charges on their current Civic leases if anyone has that info. Were gonna shoot for a couple three hundred bucks over Dealer Invoice, with around $500-600 total out of pocket and around a $230 a month total payment on a 36 month lease. Not sure if that is reasonable or not, but won't know until I have some figures to work with. Thanks so much!
  • dtannenbaumdtannenbaum Member Posts: 5
    Just leased a 2013 Civic Sedan LX in NJ. No options. 12k miles. 0 down. All costs rolled in. $205.89/month for 36 months. Residual $12,445.65. Top tier MF. REALLY, nothing down. No DMV, nothing. Just paid $205.89 (which is 1st payment) and drove off with 35 payments remaining. American Honda lease.
    That seems to be a very good deal! Usually dealers want some up front money to the tune of $750-$1000 to take care of the incidentals such as:

Doc Fee--$279.00
    Tire Tax--$7.50
    Registration fee--$245.00
    1st month--$206.00

Some add bank fee/lease acquisition fee--$595.00
    You had Honda Fin pre approved so they waived the fee

Since you got $206.00 OTD you worked it down to 193.00 per month plus taxes.

That is very good!

Name of dealer for Jersey girls?
  • mkarias1mkarias1 Member Posts: 1
    I am also in NJ and received a quote that had the same residual value. I am in a different situation as my credit is bad. My lease is up (2010 Civic LX) and I want to lease the 2013 Civic LX. Honda Financial gave me a pre-approval but a money factor of .00355 (which 2 different dealers confirmed). I actually had my credit run twice to make sure I was getting the correct info. Seems that Honda Financial will release the same money factor to all dealers. From what my current dealer said, they cannot adjust the money factor.

Initially they quoted me a .002 because they thought I would be approved for a higher money factor. I was not. Based on the .002 money factor, here is what they quoted but the numbers did not match up when I ran them through a lease calculator (I didn't do this at the dealership). They did give me a copy of the lease statement:

$19,755 MSRP
    $1,298.08 dealer discount
    $18,457.92 Total Price (which seems reasonable based on what Edmunds TMV & TrueCar provides)

Fees:
    $240.60 registration
    $299 Vehicle Admin Fee (??)
    $595 Bank Fee (BS fee that they shouldn't charge, I was not charged this on my original lease from 2010).
    $1126 Total Drive Off (although when you add all 3, you get $1,134.60. Also there is no mention of first month's payment which should be included.) But they are giving me a $500 dealer credit so my out-of-pocket is $626.

$19,404.29 Adjusted Cap Cost (here is where I think they are scamming me; why is this higher than the $18,456 sale price?)

$12,445 Residual Value.
    $257 monthly (they said tax is included but it says no tax on the paper they gave me.)

With the new .00355 money factor, the payment goes to about $303 (they actually took 1 1/2 days to get back to me because Honda Financial was backlogged). Is this true? I find it hard to believe in today's world that it took 1 1/2 days to get an answer from Honda Financial (they put this through Fri around 11:00am; I got a call around 3:00pm Sat). I ran the figures through my lease calculator with the new .00355 MF and got $296 monthly payment (again scamming me with fake numbers).

However, my current 2010 Civic LX has less than 28,000 miles. the book value is more than residual value so I will negotiate the equity to use as a down payment. I spoke to this dealer in Dec and they said the car was worth less than residual which is BS. I checked 3 sites and all confirmed higher trade-in value.

I know I can get maybe $600 equity (difference between trade-in value and residual value). That would bring my payment to about $278.

Hopefully they will give in as the dealer will make at least $2000 profit on the car that I am returning in addition to selling me a new lease car.

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions, tips?? Thanks.
  • arjeearjee Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_Man, Can I please get the money factor and residual for Civic LX 2013 36 month lease 12k mile. Or can you please let me know the lease price I should go, for the following in Houston - MSRP 22,500 and Price offered 17,500 . thanks
    You're welcome mike_s5.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly arjee. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Civic Sedan LX with 12,000 miles per year are .00111 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a new Civic right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • xbeatzxxbeatzx Member Posts: 2
    So after spending the better part of the day working with a local Honda Dealer, I think we got a deal. We initially wanted a White EX with Beige, Thought we had a deal worked out at a couple of hundred over Invoice at $236.00 a month after MN 6.5% Tax. They didn't have any in stock but had a White EX-L with black interior. Deal we got is $21.200 purchase price ($400 below Invoice and retail of $23,055.00, 36 Month/12k lease, .0011 Money Factor (2.66%) and 63% Residual. Total payment including tax per month of $249.50. $1000 total down which includes Fee's and first month. $14,063 buy out at the end. So Basically we got the leather package for an extra $14 a month or the upgrade in model for $800 since we had worked out $20,400 on just the EX. The heated seats and mirrors should actually be a nice bonus with our weather.

Anyone comment if this is a deal or not? Really is appreciated.
    edited March 2013
    Got a shallow dent and a few deep scratches in my 2012 Civic from someone clipping my car in parking lot. 2 estimates were both $1,150. What would you do? Repair the right way. Do it cheap for $400, sit on it and hope Honda doesn't notice it if I turn it in, or do nothing and buy at end of lease. :cry:

Don't think I want to turn in to insurance.
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    If your vehicle is leased through Honda Finance, you've got 1500 damage allowance (check your paperwork)

Considering the identical 1150 estimates, looks like you're in the clear regarding just these.
  • lakerskobelakerskobe Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    My advice for leasing:

1. Only deal with manufacturer subsidized leases. Negotiating a lease on your own will often end up being very expensive.

Current Honda leases specials.... http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx

2. Ask if Gap Insurance is included in the payments... if not, ask it be included.

3. You can transfer lease contracts, very useful if you encounter financial hardship during your lease. Some services that help you with this http://www.leasetrader.com and http://www.swapalease.com

4. You can also trade-in or sell leased cars. But you'll be responsible for the full price of the car. So if there are any negative equity, you will be responsible.

5. If you foresee going over 12,000 mile/year limit, then you can purchase miles beforehand at a discount.
  • ridge3ridge3 Member Posts: 4
    Hello xbeatz. Im am located in mpls and in the market for civic ex. Could you let me know dealer and or contact you worked with?
  • ridge3ridge3 Member Posts: 4
    Hello xbeatz. Im am located in mpls and in the market for civic ex. Could you let me know dealer and or contact you worked with?
  • contract_buildcontract_build Member Posts: 26
    You might want to read your paperwork also... my understanding is the $1500 is broken up into 3 incidents x $500. So if the poster had $1100 from one "incident" they would still be liable for $600 ($1100-500 allowance) with another 2 x $500 available.

Don't have direct experience with this amount of lease "wear", just what I understand after reading the back of my contract so if someone does a correction is requested.
    edited April 2013
    Unless I see something supporting this low figure more than just words don't waste your time chasing it. Also the poster never even got back to you with dealer's name and what kind of poster would deny such request from "jersey girls"? :)

Same poster failed to provide such information in a 2008 post and wanted to be emailed..........check their posting history.
    The way I read it, anything over $500 I have to eat. 3 separate incidents each not over 500 bucks, honda eats. Still not sure what I want to do. I'm suppose to call Honda and report incident.
  • contract_buildcontract_build Member Posts: 26
    Yeah, you and I are reading it the same way (I always thought it was $1500 absolute but learned something now because your post got me to read the fine print).

It's bad luck but if theres a plus it's that they do give something towards this (not aware of others that do) and at the end of the lease theres no disposition fee.
    edited April 2013
    Greetings kyfdx and car_man and thanks in advance: I read about cash for the accord and crv.

Is there any flexcash for the civic?

Looking for an lx or if I can swing it an ex. Is there a difference for buying or leasing if there is any flexmoney for either the lx or the ex?

Your information will be very appreciated!
    edited April 2013
    Confirming Honda's lease damage waiver is $1500 = 3 incidents x $500.

Examples:
    - $1500 damage x 1 = leasee owes $1000
    - $1000 damage x 1 = leasee owes $500
    - $500 damage x 3 = leasee owes $0
    - $1500 damage x 5 = someone else should drive.

So one bigger collision and you'll owe the amount greater than 500. Three separate small ones of less than 500 and you're ok.

With 1100, owing 600, you might want to let it ride unless your insurance won't take a hit with declaration. A lot of other companies have a 400 or so fee at leases's end anyway at termination. Regardless, you still have 2 x 500 more............
  • car_bhuncar_bhun Member Posts: 1
    Saw this on legend leasing

http://www.legendleasing.com/Civic_LX

Is it a good deal compared to dealers or can I get dealer to give me better.
    edited April 2013
    I believe it's .01- $499.99 and Honda pays for the whole repair. If repair is $500.01 and up then I pay for all of it.
    edited April 2013
    I believe it's .01- $499.99 and Honda pays for the whole repair. If repair is $500.01 and up then I pay for all of it.

Sorry, meant to write that the owner absorbs the excess beyond $500... in the above example, we'd pay the amount beyond and including 500.01.........
    $500 really doesn't fix much, a. Couple deep scratches maybe.

Don't know if it would be better to repair now, or wait till end of lease to see if anything else happens.
    Got rear ended at stop sign today. No joke. Unbelievable.

They thought I was going, nice jolt and crunch. Thought no damage initially when looking at rear bumper. Took to body shop, does have a small crease/dent. NOTICEABLE.But, not bad. Thought $200-$300. It's $599! Have to remove rear bumper and repaint. Other driver gave me Insurance info, Safe Auto. I called, it's lapsed. :sick:

So, if repair was $100 less Honda would pay for. Don't know if they would require I fix as hardly NOTICEABLE.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Safe Auto.... :surprise: Should have called the cops right there...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi iwannagr8lease. Yes, the $500 FlexCash certificates can be used on leases of the Civic. The trick is finding a dealer that will use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • nrborodnrborod Member Posts: 79
    Do I understand correctly that you got an EX-L Civic for 249.00 per month--or is it more--like $13 more per month.
This discussion has been closed.