Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• will_ksuwill_ksu Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Car_man,

Thanks in part to the information you provided (Ford Focus, Mazda 3, etc) I ended up getting a 2013 Honda Civic LX Automatic Sedan (Dyno Blue Pearl, to be precise) with no options. The details, for those interested:
    $19755 MSRP
    $18422 Negotiated Price
    -$500 Flex Cash (Ended up being $100 from Honda, $400 from dealer due to their mistake)
    +$595 Acquisition Fee
    +$149 Dealer Fee
    +$5 State Fees
    -$0 down

There may be some other things in there as well I don't remember at the moment, but in the end I have a lease payment of about $226/mo. This includes local 8.55% sales tax. They also took in my old leased vehicle that I was going to have to pay to have some wear & tear replaced & that also had a trade-in value less than my residual. I think I would have preferred either the Focus or Mazda 3 as a car, but neither was worth at least an extra $25/mo in payments (not to mention higher insurance and registration costs).

So, thanks for your help!
    Will_KSU
    If you do the math, it ends up being cheaper than the subsidized lease:

Subsidized, $0 down, $0 first payment, $230/month for 35 months-
    ($230/month)*(1.0855 sales tax)*(35 months)=$8738 plus other fees

My deal, $0 down, $225.60/month for 36 months-
    ($225.60/month)*(36 months)=$8122 Total over 36 months (includes taxes)

I basically ended up with a deal costing me at least $600 less over the life of the lease compared with the subsidized lease, probably closer to $800 when dealer & state fees are included. Kansas collects sales tax from the buyer on all payments, rebates, incentives, dealer fees, etc, with the exception of the state $1.00 tire fee and manufacturer to dealer incentives.

I don't wish to show the math for it, as I didn't even consider placing a down payment, but the $169/mo, $2299 due at signing deal is actually more expensive than either my deal or even the $230/mo, $0 due at signing deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome will_ksu. Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lakerskobelakerskobe Member Posts: 31
    I'm sure your lease costs more once you add the drive-off fees. Even $0 down leases have that.
    Just to be clear, the $225.60/month is everything: taxes, fees, & whatever else included. All fees are covered by the lease payment & I never had to pay anything other than the $225.60 for the first month when I signed the papers. The only other things I'll ever have to pay on this car are fuel, maintenance, insurance, and yearly property/registration taxes (handled at the county courthouse, never paid at the dealership in Kansas).
    My Civic was leased at the end of April through Honda Financial at the same terms as their promoted leases (MF=0.00111, Residual=63%), but I negotiated a better selling price than those offered by the promoted leases.
  • vrynicevrynice Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    Would love to get some opinions on an offer I received today.

2013 civic sedan ex
    36 months
    15k miles per year
    $1999 Total out of pocket (little more then I wanted to put out of pocket)
    $219 per month including tax

Its the first dealer i visited. Thanks for the help!
  • 1saluki1saluki Member Posts: 1
    I am going in this weekend to look at leasing a 2013 Honda Civic EX-L with 12,000 miles a year. I have searched the board ans seen a few monthly figures but would anyone care to tell me what they believe a good deal would be on this car?
    I can put money down or just first payment and fees up front.
    Thanks
  • charles_guycharles_guy Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    if your credit is +++++ go sign n drive

anyway no more than 1rst and dmv is the way to go

check weymouth for the rates. their pretty good for a comp depending on where you buy lease
  • joey135joey135 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,
    Can you post the June 2013 money factor and residuals for Honda Civic LX Sedan? Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.
    Hi joey135. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Civic Sedan LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Hey Car Man, where do you get your info on money factor and residual factor? You belong to a special club or something? :confuse:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • crazylost1crazylost1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All:

Just checking in before I ask for this price on a Civic LX Sedan Automatic:

MSRP: 18,965
    Fair Value (and what I'm asking for) 17,215
    Residual .62
    Money Factor .00074
    Sales Tax 8.3%

I am getting 187.38/mo. This includes destination, but I'm not certain if the Edmunds Fair Price includes dealer fees such as documentation fees.

Finally, the buyer is a newbie in the credit world and does not have a lot of credit history. His score is 685 and mine (the co-signer) is 845. With these scores together, can we still enjoy the best deals?

Thanks for any and all advice you have!

Crazylost1
  • crazylost1crazylost1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All:

Shouldn't the agreed upon value of the vehicle be just that on the Honda Lease page? The amount we agreed they would sell it to me for? My dealership is adding Honda Incentive cash to what we had agreed upon, thus inflating that number. Please help carman. Thanks!
  • moetmoet Member Posts: 10
    Hi All,

Just leased Honda Civic LX last night for 36 mo. 15K/year. 0 down (paid only first month) with monthly payment of $220. I didn't quiet get the math but was comfortable with the monthly payments, let me know how I did please.

MSRP: 19755
    Residual: 59% = 11655.45
    Money Factor: 0.00047 = 1.128%
    Sales Tax: 7%
    Agreed upon Value shows as 17947.38

Other info:
    Cap Cost Reduction of $500 was paid by dealer or Honda Fin bringing adjusted cap cost to 19056.14
    Tire Fee of 7.50 was paid by dealer.
    Advance first month payment was $220.
    Deperciation = 7400.69
    Rent Charge = 519.31
    Total base payment = 7920

I asked about registration, doc fee etc and apparently its all rolled in? The details I got for those on a piece of paper were this:
    Acquisition: 595
    Doc: 249 (which I see in actual lease agreement)
    Tire: 7.50 (which I see in actual lease agreement)
    Tax: 535.24
  • BrianC15BrianC15 Member Posts: 16
    I think the 15K adds a good bit to the lease. I am getting the deal below, but waiting for the final numbers. I am assuming it is close to your deal, but for 12K per year. Payment includes 9% PA Sales tax.

Lease Quote:
    MSRP Description/Equipment Term/Miles Due at Inception Payment
    $19,755 2013 Honda Civic LX 36m/12k $0 $195.79

Carguy, can you post the new numbers? This lease was costing me a LOT more last month with $0 down. $249 including 9% tax good things come to those who wait!
  • moetmoet Member Posts: 10
    195.79 for 12K sounds like a better deal than what I got for 15k. I've seen dealers typically add $15 to $20 when you go up from 12 to 15K. So in your case it may go up to 211 - 216/mo for 15K
  • jett456jett456 Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    My niece just got a 2013 LX coupe with 15000 miles per year for 230.00 including everything rolled in and first month's payment. (Fairfied Cty, CT) Free oil changes too. The cost for the coupe is actually higher than the sedan and the residual is lower. But I think this is still a good deal.
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Hiya! I'm looking for the lease figures, residual and money factor, for a 36-month, 15k lease of a 2013 Civic Si Sedan without nav.
    I was able to find last month's figures, but it seems they've changed since then. Thanks!
  • indygreg09indygreg09 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I'm looking to lease a 2013 Honda Civic EX-L with 12,000 miles per year for 3 years. I could put money down if that would provide the best deal.

What are the current money factor and residual rate on this model from Honda Finance? I would qualify for top tier credit rates. I've seen several quotes on the LX; but nothing recent on the EX-L.

Also, what amount below invoice would be considered a solid price on this model?

Thanks in advance for the great info.
    Hey ihitcows. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Civic Sedan Si with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 to .00106 (they vary by state) and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey indygreg09. Please see my previous post for the money factor information. The 36-month, 12k residual value for a '13 Civic Sedan EX-L is 59%.

By the way, there is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations. I personally would shoot for a selling price of around invoice minus this cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • cheme24cheme24 Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys, I am pretty new to leasing. I have been emailing with a few dealers and I was able to get some to lower the price. For example one guy first asked for $19,200 for a 2013 Civic LX automatic sedan no options and 36 month lease. I told him that I was talking to a few other dealers and they offered me better prices and I offered him $17,200. He budged down to $18,423 and said that was his invoice price and could not go lower than that.

Could it though? How can I get him to budge more? Any other advice? I am first trying to negotiate the selling price and then start talking about other aspects such as money factor.

Thanks to anybody who helps me.
    Where could I find the information for this incentive? Does it also apply for the LX model?
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Well, it's my opinion you won't get the best deal by email. You'll get the best deal by going into a dealership ready to buy. I'd go into 2 or 3 dealerships, test drive a civic, tell them what you want to pay. Or, do the test drives,then make offer via email if you are more comfortable with that. Most of the dealerships I've dealt with won't even give me a quote via email. They just write to come in for a great deal.

If dealership can't meet your price...walk. If they can go lower, they'll stop you before you leave, or call you back later in the day.

$17,200 is pretty low from what I've read here. Depending on the area you live in, the dealership may or may not be able to go that low. Sure doesn't hurt to try
    though. Seems like you should be able to get under $18,000 without too much difficulty.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    I recently got an offer for the selling price of a 2013 Honda Civic LX sedan automatic to be $17,900. Is this a good starting point to a deal?
  • smart231smart231 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    36 months lease with 12k. From 3 dealers, I have been quoted around $235 - $250 a month with nothing due at signing and everything rolls into the monthly payment. Its $215 a reasonable amount to aim and ask for?

Edit: Civic LX
  • gofishgofish Member Posts: 24
    Just posting what I’m considering for a one-pay 3yr/36k lease of either a 2013 Civic Sedan LX or EX. What I have so far …

LX:
    MSRP: $19,755
    All-inclusive* one-pay (after some Honda cash incentive): $6,007
    Residual Value: $12,050

EX:
    MSRP: $21,605
    All-inclusive* one-pay (after some Honda cash incentive): $6,620
    Residual Value: $13,179

* includes tax, title, tags, dealer doc fee, acquisition fee, depreciation, “rent”,etc.

I’ll post better detail if I execute tomorrow.

BTW, this would be my second lease after a ’12 Accord I leased last year (post #4670 on Accord lease forum) which was a great deal with end-of-model-run incentives. Being a savvier buyer than leaser, I recommend those who are similar and otherwise new to leasing evaluate it against buying the car and then consider the intangibles of the difference in cash flow and the ability to simply walk away without having paid tax on the full value of the car at the end of the lease term.

For example, for the Accord I leased last year I will have paid $7,739 over the lease term. With a residual value of $14,064 and tax on this residual of 7%, if I buy the car at the end of term I will have spent $22,787. Alternatively, if I had purchased and financed (all costs rolled in) for a typical 60 months at a rate of 3%, at the same point in time (36 months into the loan) I’d have paid $11,351 in P&I and owed a balance of $11,436. Paying off the loan then would have also totaled $22,787. In my case I preferred to lease which allowed me to preserve cash flow early and keep the option to walk away at lease-end hassle free or go ahead and buy without having paid too much versus purchasing/financing. Of course, a lower rate than 3% or a total cash buyer would save some money and may be inclined to choose the opposite. Bottom line is it’s not all apples-to-apples and includes much personal preference.
    Just leased a 2013 Civic EX Sedan in silver with gray interior for 3yr/36k miles. Here are my numbers for the all-inclusive one-pay lease.

MSRP: $21,605 ($20,815 + $790 destination)
    Sales Price: $19,100
    One-Pay*: $6,620 (the only amount paid for the full lease term in a lump sum)
    Residual at end: $13,180

* includes: depreciation, “rent” ($11.88), doc & acquisition fees ($250 & $595 respectively), Tax (Ohio 7%), Title ($15), Tags ($52.75) and extra capital cost reduction rebates provided by Honda (-$700) due to college grad program and ???

Upon first negotiating this lease, I asked for both sign&drive (i.e., 100% monthly payments) and one-pay (100% up front). Numbers I was initially given included $500 Honda cash. I then shopped two nearer dealers and got $158 better on the one-pay. I called my initial salesman and presented the “better” deal. He dropped $200. Then, having recently completed a Masters degree, I asked for an additional $500 from Honda for "college grad". This accounts for the extra $700 deducted from the one-pay to arrive at $6620.

Independent of my Honda lease I will also get a nearly $600 rebate from my Citibank Driver’s Edge Charter MasterCard. This is another trick that can be done when leasing. This card lets you earn $500 per year at a 2% rate on your charge use. You can build up $1500 maximum over a 3 year moving window and use it on a new or used car, lease or purchase. If you use it on a 3 year lease, and then re-establish a new credit balance and then purchase the car for residual, you can use it again on the same car! That is once for the lease and another time for the sale. At least I think I can? I’ll find out later.
  • mitch360mitch360 Member Posts: 27
    Also just picked up same car in same colors on Long Island, NY. Silver EX in silver with gray interior, 3 years, 36k miles.
    Paid taxes on the 36 monthly payments, bank fee of $595., and DMV fee upfront, total of $1500. Monthly payments are $159. I had visited 3 other local dealers and monthly payments ranged from $189 to $223 for the same deal. Other dealers told me that I was not going to get a Honda Finance lease but it was. They also said that no dealer was going to sell the car for a $2000 loss ( on paper ) but that is what they did.
    Good taste! :) The wheels on the 2013 EX's really look great in combo with the silver. I didn't like them so well with some of the dark paints I otherwise like. Congrats.
    edited July 2013
    If you are talking about an LX sedan with automatic, I like some others here had a 3yr/36k mi lease right at $195/mo all costs rolled-in. This was for OH where the common dealer doc fee is $250, tax is 7% and title/registration totals $67.50. This was per an advertised "0 plus $159/mo".

BTW - For 15K per year, miles were offered up front at $0.10 per mile, so an extra $900 would be capitalized in the payments. So perhaps $220+/mo in that case.
  • blueskynyblueskyny Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

i am also in the market for a Honda Civic 2013. Which dealership did you use? Can you refer me, so I can get a similar price? the quotes I am getting are in the 200-250$ range :(
    Ask for A.K. at Huntington Honda. He uses his initials. The LX should run $139/month and the EX $159/month. Taxes , first payment, and fees should total $1500 down payment. Let me know how you did.
    I just leased a 2013 Civic EX and here are the numbers.

MSRP-$21,605
    Invoice- $20,136
    Agreed upon price - $19,136
    Net Cap Cost - $21,245.5
    Residual = 0.61
    MF- 0.00106
    $0 down and due at signing
    $238/month for the remaining 35 months including everything.
    I am in Texas so the tax here was on the whole price of the vehicle and goes in the net cap cost.
    Also got a one year unlimited car washes thrown in to finalize the deal.

I am very happy with the deal and I definitely recommend the package from FightingChance.com
  • tito210_nyctito210_nyc Member Posts: 2
    Was the Huntington Honda Civic LX/EX deal only for July 2013 or you think its still running? Definitely interested in picking up a civic asap.

Thanks
    I have no idea but I would call A.K. and ask. I don't look at the ads anymore since I already leased the car. Good luck.
  • sushiman58sushiman58 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2013 civic hf. . 199 a month , 36 months 199 down plus motor vehicles fees total out of pocket

Paid 90 dollars for a spare cause HF does not come with instead comes with road side assitance .

This is from a Long Island Dealer

I think I got a very good deal residual is 12,200
    Thanks a lot! I hadn't seen that you got back to me!
    Are these figures still true for August leases? Where would California be in that money-factor range?
    ... I think the numbers would carry over into August, but, if not, what are the new terms?

Thanks a bunch!
  • imsmarterthanuimsmarterthanu Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
    CarMan - Can you tell me what the current money factor and residuals are for a 2013 Civic LX? I'm looking for a 36-39 month lease, depending on the #'s. Thanks!

BTW - looking at 10K miles/year.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Sorry.... we don't have the Honda lease numbers available for August..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• isle05isle05 Member Posts: 1
    Sushiman...can you tell me what Long Island dealer? I live in Queens and in the market for a Honda. Thanks.

frankneary@yahoo.com
    Hiya, Car_man!
    I was wondering what the September figures are, money factor and residual percentage, for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan on a 36-month, 15k/year in the Los Angeles, California area are.
    Are those figures any different for the trim equipped with summer tires?

Appreciate it!
  • katzeekatzee Member Posts: 1
    I just signed my lease last night for this car: 39 months, 10k/year

$1,283 down (taxes, fees, first month payment)

$219.00 a month for the remainder of the lease. I think I got a pretty great deal on my new Civic. Got it in white and it looks great.

Lease signed in Long Island, NY.
  • 0myangela0myangela Member Posts: 7
    I got my numbers from the dealership and bargained my lease for

$2000 down
    $168/mo inc taxes and all fees

I get free oil changes for 2 years.

Is this a good deal?? I'm going in today to sign but just wanted to confirm with an expert to see if it is.. Advice is must appreciated. Thank you! :confuse:
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Can't do an accounting of your deal with all the missing info - but I can advise you not to pay anything up front except the first payment - there is no advantage to paying 2000 at signing.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    edited September 2013
    Honda civic lx 2013
    3yr
    12k/year

Msrp 19755
    Cap cost 19000
    Value of car 17705
    MF 0.00019
    Res value 59%, 11655

2000 down
    $166/mo inc taxes for 35mo

I wanted lower monthly payments

3years of free oil changes
    3years of free roadside assistance
    Gmanusmc,

Thank you so much for the reply and the help. I was posting here while at the dealership. The color of the car I wanted was "sold" 3 hours prior to getting there. But they are delivering it to my house, with a contract, which I have not signed yet.

With the same above conditions, would paying $217/mo including registration, tags, taxes, fees for 36months be better than $2000 down and $166/mo 35 months?
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Still difficult to analyze your deal because there is no itemized breakdown of all the costs and fees. There's at least one zero due at signing deal recently that was 195 per month incl 9% sales tax. With the $500 lease incentive, and a well negotiated selling price, you should be able to get to 200 or less with only your first payment due at signing. It's not recommended that you pay anything more than that up front because if the vehicle is totaled or stolen, any excess money paid at lease signing will be lost (insurance company will just pay off the lease).

Hope this helps,

Bill
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    Hey there! I was wondering if you knew what the lease figures are for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan with Summer tires? 36 months and 15k? Los Angeles, California area.

Thanks thanks!
This discussion has been closed.