Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Car_man, there is no 370Z section for Lease Questions... only for the 350. Back on topic with the Civic Lease Questions. Did the Residuals and MF stay the same or change for June?
  • Options
    danny14danny14 Member Posts: 30
    Have the lease deal for the Hybrid(w Leather and Navi) changed for June and is the cash back still available? I assume that when I calculate the payment I apply the residual relative to MSRP - correct?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome. Thanks for the explanation. You definitely would be the only person that I have heard of who has purchased a nat gas powered vehicle. It's definitely cool and a great conversation starter. Just don't take it on any long road trips ;).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hey ghetto2315. Ask and you shall receive. We just added a new discussion for the 370. Here's a link:

"Nissan 370Z Lease Questions"

Honda's lease program for the 2009 Civic is exactly the same in June as it was in May.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi danny14. Honda's lease program for the 2009 Civic Hybrid is exactly the same in June as it was in May. Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" tier buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00156 and Honda is providing $2,000 dealer cash on it.

Yes, the residual value percentage is applied to the full MSRP of the vehicle that you are interested in, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    bocastephenbocastephen Member Posts: 35
    Hi Car_man

Could you post the current (through end of June) MF and residual numbers for the gas powered Civic LX, EX an EX-L (if different), and the numbers for the new Honda Insight? There is no lease/purchase forum for the Insight yet. I want to run the numbers and compare all 3 options.

Thank you!
  • Options
    aquarius99aquarius99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    i recently leased a honda civic Lx. Dealer is offering me vin etching as a security measure. He says it will protect my investment, just in case my car is stolen i will be able to pay for the down payment for the new car from the money i get back. It will cost 450 dollars which i can add to my monthly payment. Is it needed or not. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
  • Options
    donottrustemdonottrustem Member Posts: 9
    Car_man, Could you please post the current money factor and residual value for Civic coupe LX lease? What kind of deal should I expect on a coupe?

Thanks!
  • Options
    crazyflycrazyfly Member Posts: 61
    My friend, if you are really seriously asking this question then all I can say is that VIN etching kit costs $20.. yes, twenty dollars only. If the dealer wants $450 for it, you know what to do. btw, google vin etching kit and you will find all the info.

Your car insurance company will most likely not give any adnl. discount because of this vin etching (yes, I have tried this in past). if you want to spend $500 you will be better off by getting a Lojack which will lower your insurance premium, and the savings may actually pay for the lojack. Talk to your insurance agent to get specifics before going with the option.
  • Options
    aquarius99aquarius99 Member Posts: 2
    Thankyou very much. You have saved me 450$.
  • Options
    rafkrafk Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?

Honda Civic LX 2009

Lease is $124 for 24 months with 1995 down+taxes+fees
    :confuse:
  • Options
    midway54midway54 Member Posts: 11
    Is this a good deal? 239 with just 1st mo down on a 2009 Civic coupe EX auto . I figure its end of month and quarter too..They probably need to sell a bunch of cars to make their numbers..I live in Tampa area...Thanks for any feedback..
  • Options
    Its for 3 yr and 12k..
  • Options
    Here you go, bocastephen. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic LX Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The numbers for an '09 Civic EX Sedan without leather are exactly the same. The money factor for the EX-L Sedan (without navigation) is the same, but the residual value is 57%.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Insight EX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 66%.

Honda is not currently providing any cash incentives on the Insight, but it does have $1,000 dealer cash on the trim levels that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi aquarius99. You definitely should pass on window etching for $450. This typical dealer add-on is a ripoff.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, donottrustem. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mim3mim3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys- I'm about to dive into the market for a Civic Hybrid LX with 12k miles/year. I've found the past discussions very helpful and plan to use them during negotiations. Has anyone gotten a recent quote on a lease that you feel is a strong offer? Seems like I just missed the boat on the $1,999 down $199/month and the current national offer is $2,299 down at $229/month. Not a terrible starting point, but I'm hoping to do much better.

Follow up question- does anyone know the current dealer incentives for July for the Civic Hybrid? I believe June was around $2k.

Thanks guys
  • Options
    Can you give me an update on current Residuals and MF and Dealer Cash available on the Civic LX, please? I assume the LX-S trim should be the same across the board as the LX...
  • Options
    I'd be happy to help you out. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic LX-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Car_man, I am assuming the Dealer Cash of $1,000 also applies to cash and finance purchases, not just leasing?
  • Options
    I received a quote of 239 mo for 3yr/36k with just 239 at signing on a 2009 Civic coupe AT...Seems like a fair price but wondering if anybody has leased a similar car here? I live in Florida and it sems like the dealers have a lot of cars on their lots here..Any feedback would be appreciated..Thanks Midway
  • Options
    danny14danny14 Member Posts: 30
    Could you please give me the August residuals and MFs for 3yr 36k miles leases for:

2009 Civic EX Auto w and w/o Navi
    2009 Civic EX-L Auto w and w/o Navi
    2009 Civic Hybrid w Navi&Lthr

I'd also apprecaite if can indicate the availability of any incentives on the above models that are eligible for leases.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the numbers of questions.
  • Options
    Car_man, is there any dealer cash available for finance purchases for August or is it just for leases? Thank you sir
  • Options
    verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    I'm looking to get into a Civic LX auto for 36months at 12k miles per year. I've got 1500 to put down on the thing, and I'm a first-time buyer with 4 years of flawless but relatively unestablished credit history, and I have my parents available to cosign with a very high credit score. If I lease this August, what kind of deals should I be looking for and what's a realistic monthly payment going to look like?

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    I'm looking for current lease terms (MF, residuals) and factory-dealer incentives for August on a 2009 Civic LX-S.

I'm looking to pick one up asap if the terms are good.
  • Options
    stollen123stollen123 Member Posts: 1
    this is my first lease so i dont have any experience. i am looking for a Honda civic LX 2009 for 36 month with 12000 miles/year

i got this offer : honda civic LX 2009 36 month 12000 miles/year drive off $1300(including tax and all fees) monthly payments $199 + tax

what do you think about this offer (august 8-2009)? i called another dealership and asked if they can beat this offer..got an email from they and they said yes they can beat this..what to do next?

thank you for any tips and suggestions
  • Options
    chfoolchfool Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Can you tell me what the MF and residuals are for a 36 month 2009 Civic LX-S with 12K miles per year?

Thanks
  • Options
    omaruddinomaruddin Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I currently drive a '07 Accord SE V6 (crazy deal $275/month with only 275 due at signing for a 36/15k lease)

I need an additional car, and was wondering how the '09 ex coupes are leasing these days. I prefer a manual and 15k/year for either 36/39 months. Does anyone know the current residual and money factor for this model?

I'd love to stay at the $250-$275 range.
  • Options
    You are correct. The dealer cash that is available on the Civic is available on all transactions, cash, finance, or lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, danny14. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic EX Sedan without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor is the same for an EX Sedan with navigation, but the residual value drops by 2%. The residual value for an EX-L Sedan without nav is 55%. It drops to 54% for an EX-L Sedan with nav.

Honda Finance's numbers for a 36 month, 12k lease of an '09 Civic Hybrid with leather and navigation are .00165 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on any of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on them,

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    The dealer cash that Honda is currently providing on the 2009 Civic is available on all types of transactions, cash, finance, or lease. Honda has $500 dealer cash on the 2009 Civic Sedan DX and Sedan VP and $1,000 on all other Civic models except for the Si which has $1,250.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Welcome verinox. Let's work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in to give you an idea of what sort of payment you can expect. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX with an automatic transmission but without navigation that has an MSRP of $18,965 and a selling price of $17,028 ($500 over dealer invoice - $1,000 dealer cash) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $213.

Wow that's cheap. What a great value.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello loud0g40oz. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic LX-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Welcome stollen123. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor...which in this case is .00195 for consumers who qualify for Honda Finance's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Sorry,

I was looking at either a 24 or 36 month lease. What payment am i looking at assuming a sale price of $16,750? I'm in Ca if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    Thank you as always Car_man, I'll be back in September to see if anything else has changed.
  • Options
    loud0g40oz, try using http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm with all the figures that you have. Using the MF and Residuals that Car_man has given you, you can easily figure out or come very close to your monhtly payments. Along with the price of the car, the MF, and Residual, you should find out from your dealer what they charge for CA tax, CA Title & Registration, Doc Fee and any other fees that are associated in CA.
  • Options
    That works perfect, thanks ghetto2315.
  • Options
    Thanks Car_man. I currently have an offer of 16750 for an LX-S Civic automatic. Now just looking at purchase vs 24 and 36 month leases.

Would you mind quoting the 24 month MF/Residual for the LX-S at 15k/yr?
  • Options
    Here you go, chfool. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic LX-S with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi omaruddin. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively.for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Honda's special lease program for this model is only available for up to 36 months, so you definitely do not want to lease one for 39 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey loud0g40oz. Let's work a payment up on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Honda Civic LX-S Sedan with an automatic transmission that has an MSRP of $19,565 and a selling price of $16,750 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $205.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey loud0g40oz. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic LX-S Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks Car_man. I'm assuming you meant 24 month, not 36 month lease for these figures.
  • Options
    bball69bball69 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man, any details you can provide on a civic si lease would be greatly appreciated. I tried to lease one today and left the dealer feeling like I must resemble their girlfriend after the price they gave me, $3,500 down, $350/month for 36 months with 12k. The car did have navigation which I really don't want.
  • Options
    mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    hi there... for a civic DX VP, how will the variables change for september...i.e. MF, residual, and cash back...any info will be truly appreciated...this is my first time to lease a honda...how realistic is it to negotiate for a "no money down?"...how close to invoice price are dealers willing to go?...thanks so much everyone...
  • Options
    mannydom, "no money down" is different than "no money out of pocket". When you negotiate your lease and you tell them that you do not want to put any money down, that means due at signing you still would have to pay tax, title, reg, and other fees associated with your deal. If you say you would like no money out of pocket, which essentially means you basically "sign and drive" and pay nothing at signing, they can do that as well. Your monthly payments will be higher, obviously. Just make sure your dealer represents the MF, Residual, and selling Price as the same for each negotiated deal of "no money down" or "no money out of pocket". As for getting invoice pricing, it shouldn't be too hard. Refer to www.truecar.com and find out what others are paying. I suggest printing that out and taking that to your dealer. It looks like in your area, people are paying close to $500 BELOW invoice.
  • Options
    Hey Car_man, it's September. Can you tell me if the Dealer Cash for Lease, Finance or Both is still in effect and any Financing Specials, please? Thank you!
  • Options
    mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    thanks so much...for september, any numbers for MF and residuals for a civic DX VP?...
This discussion has been closed.