Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    Ok, these dealers are playing games now thinking their Civics are gold.

Anyone have the Lease terms (MF, residual) for an 09 Civic LX-S 24 and 36 month 15k/yr?

If you've got the LX numbers, please post those as well.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, loud0g40oz. You're absolutely right, I meant that these are the 24 month numbers. I guess that I'm just so used to writing 36 because that's what most people ask about. 66% would be one heck of a 36 month residual value. It that was really the case, I might just pick up a new Civic with the change that I find behind my sofa cushion for kicks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bball69. Through September 8th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic Si Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your price on this car, make sure to take the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account. Whatever you do, don't make a $3,500 down payment on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though the money payment for a zero down lease will be higher, that's the safest route.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mannydom. Honda's August lease program for the Civic is scheduled to run through September 8th. It is difficult to say what its new Sept. lease program will look like when it is introduced. I will be happy to fill you in on the details if you check back with me some time that week.

Car_man
    Host
    Honda's August lease program for all models is scheduled to run through September 8th. Please feel free to check back with me on the 9th, or shortly thereafter and I will be happy to fill you in on the details of the new program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi loud0g40oz. Through September 8th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Civic LX-S Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00195 and 58%.

The money factor and 36 month residual value for just the LX Sedan are exactly the same as they are for the LX-S, but its 24 month resid is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Car_man, on Labor Day Monday, the 7th, my mother is scheduled to sign the paperwork for an 09 Civic LX Auto and using the $1,000 dealer cash available. Now I doubt that Honda will discontinue the $1,000 dealer cash, but do you think it may get better for the September program (maybe $1,500)? If so, I'll have her hold out until the 9th. My gut feeling is that I don't foresee a change.
  • cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man can you tell me what the current lease factors on a Civic LX Coupe

36 or 39 months 15k per year. and will there be any extra incentives?

Thanks for your help

?
  • mannydommannydom Member Posts: 41
    Car_Man...can you help me prepare to negotiate for my 2009 civic dx vp?...before 9/8/09, i received a internet quote for $14,999...i'm in chicago suburbs...not sure if offer will still stand after 9/8...i have credit approval from honda financial services up to $27K...not sure why that much...can i call honda FS and ask them for current residual and MF and expect an answer?...my variables are 36 months, 12,000 miles, no down payment...are my expectations realistic?...what do i expect to fairly pay at signing?...should i even think about identical 2010 model?...sorry, lots of questions but i'm sure a lot of us will benefit from the answers...thanks in advance...
    Honda is only offering $750 dealer cash on the 2009 Civic in September, so there was no advantage to waiting to get one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cg62. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Civic Coupe LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 39 months. Honda's special lease program on it is only available for up to 36 months. Its money factor nearly doubles for 39 month leases.

Honda is currently providing $750 dealer cash on the '09 Civic that is compatible with the aforementioned lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mannydom. Banks usually will not disclose money ffactor and residual value information directly to consumers. If you ask Honda Finance for this info, they'll probably tell you to consult your local dealer.

Having said this, I can give you an idea of what this car's current lease program is like. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic VP with 12,000 miles per year are .00186 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

$14,999 is a very good selling price for this car. Its dealer invoice price is $16,428. If you're able to get it for $14,999 you are getting it for less than dealer invoice minus the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

At lease signing, you will have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Honda Finance's $595 acquisition fee, and any other required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Just got a lease quote for 36 months 15000 miles a year for $273.50 per month including tax (5.6%) with total due at delivery of $494.50. (1st months payment, (273.50, Dealership fee, $132.00, Title and registration fee, $89.00) for a Civic LX Sedan auto in any color.

This was at a dealer in Racine Wisconsin.

Is this a good deal? Should I do it. It seems good to me. Please advise, I need expert advice.

Thanks!!
    Is a lease for $273.50 a month for 36 months with 15000 miles per year and $494.50 due at delivery a good deal on a 2009 Civic LX Auto Sedan in any color. I need advice ASAP.

Thanks.
  • th83th83 Member Posts: 164
    Well, I ran the numbers through a lease calculator and unless there are other fees being rolled into the lease besides the $595 AHFC acquisition fee and/or your money factor is higher than the super-preferred rate of .00186, it looks like the base cap cost (aka the selling price) of the car is about $17431. That's around invoice price, which isn't too bad. But don't forget there is $750 in marketing support on the Civic right now, and it seems like your dealer is keeping most, if not all of it. If you could get them to lower the selling price by that amount (once again, I'm assuming that I have the correct information in regards to the money factor and fees, and therefore selling price), your lease payment would fall to $250.04, which is more appropriate for a 36-month/15k Civic LX lease with $0 cap cost reduction, I think.

That said, supply and demand plays a huge role in the price you're going to get on the car. If your dealer only has a few Civics on the lot, then you're probably not going to have much bargaining room. Still, it's worth a shot to try and haggle with them to get the selling price of the car down as much as possible. Lease payments are based on the negotiated selling price of the car, so ask them what the current selling price is and then ask them if that includes the $750 in marketing support. Let them know that you're aware of the marketing support. They're less likely to take advantage of a buyer who's well-informed.

I hope this helps...
    Thanks for your reply, the dealer told me that that is the best that they can do and that the price of the car was $17500.00 and that includes throwing in all of the $1000.00 for marketing support. What do you think? Are there any other stageties I should try?

Thanks!!
    Are there any other dealers in your area that have the car that you want in stock? If so, then you could pit them all against each other and see who will go the lowest. If not, there may not be much you can do as that one dealer pretty much has the advantage in that situation. In my area, there are only a handful of new 2009 Civics around, so if I were looking to buy a Civic LX (my local dealer only has two sedans left), I would be at the dealer's mercy and wouldn't be able to bargain at all.

I blame the CFC program for ruining the great deals that people were getting before the program started. Fuel efficient and relatively inexpensive cars like the Civic received the biggest boost in sales, and as a result, dealer inventory is low and the dealers are still smug after all of the money they raked in in July and August. Had the CFC program not come along, dealers would have a lot more unsold cars on their lots and you could probably still get a Civic LX for under $16k. I, too, need a new car (my lease is up in two weeks!) and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do now because I had planned on getting a 2009 Civic but now I'm going to be paying a lot more than I would've had I went ahead and bought in June or July. Oh well...
    There are other dealers in the area but this one in Racine, Wisconsin has the most Civics LX sedans with over 50 of them in stock. I told the dealer today tht I would pay no more then $250.00 per month for 36 months with 15000 miles per year and $475.00 at delivery. They told me that they could make it work in some form or fashion. They asked me what time do I want to come in. You were right with the $250.00 per month that you figured out in your previous post.

Do you think I should do it? Is it a good deal? Let me know!!!

Thanks!!
    Hmm...that's not bad at all. The selling price on that deal would be roughly $1000 below invoice according to truecar.com, which is good.

One more question for you: Do any of those other dealerships have the color that you want? If they do, you can tell them that the dealership in Racine is willing to go $250/month with $475 out of pocket and see if they'd be willing to beat that. If they bite, tell the dealer in Racine what the other dealer offered and see if they'll beat that price. That's the best way to deal, in my experience.

Also, you might want to wait another week and buy on the last day of the month. They say that dealers get a bonus if they meet a certain sales quota, and they're usually willing to take a loss on a few cars to reach it. Who knows? You may be able to shave a few more dollars off your payment if you wait another week. If you can't wait that long, then the deal you have is good, and for all we know it may not get any better. And look at it this way, even if you settle on $250/month, that's still $23.50 less than what you'd be paying if you had accepted their first offer. That's not too shabby, eh? ;)
  • mightiesarahmightiesarah Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I've been reading along for a while and you have all helped me a great deal (whether you know it or not!).

Anyway, I was at a Honda dealership (near Boston) the other night and got a lease quote for a 2009 Honda Civic LX and was wondering what you think.

$136/month (including tax)
    36 month lease
    12,000 miles per year
    $2,000 due at delivery (this includes a credit for my trade-in and all fees)

What do you think? I was wondering if I should negotiate the "due at delivery" for a little less (by asking for more for my trade-in, they kind of cut me short) and then asking for $0 at delivery and asking to differ it into the monthly payments.
    I think you should use your trade-in as the down-payment and keep your money. Your payment will probably be $200.00 per month with tax. I'm trying to work a deal where I pay $248.78 a month for 36 months with 15000 miles and $470.00 at delivery and keep my money in investments not in a depreciating car. Work with the dealer as it is the end of the month.
  • msmaclavmsmaclav Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Can you tell me what the money factor and residuals are for both an '09 & '10 Honda Civic EX?

Also, I know the new deals came out on 9/8, do you know when the October deals are starting and if there is a place you post these when they come out or do I just need to check back?

Thanks in advance.
    Car_man,

Can you tell me what the money factor and residuals are for both an '09 & '10 Honda Civic EX?

Also, I know the new deals came out on 9/8, do you know when the October deals are starting and if there is a place you post these when they come out or do I just need to check back?

Thanks in advance.

Also forgot to say this would be for a 36 month, 12K mile lease.

Thanks again.
    Hello msmaclav. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Honda Civic EX Sedan without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify ffor its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 Honda Civic EX Sedan are .00186 and 56%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda's current lease program is scheduled to run through November 2nd. While it is possible that it will make an unscheduled revision to the Civic's lease program in October I would say that it is unlikely.

Car_man
    Host

EDIT: Ahhhh, I see that in your next post you mentioned that you're interested in a lease with 12,000 miles per year. The residual values for 12k leases would be 2% higher than the ones that I mentioned above.
    Thanks! One more quick question...

Does the $750 rebate only apply to the 2009's or does it include 2010's as well?
  • guysguys Member Posts: 1
    I live in Fairfax, Virginia...and been shopping for a good lease deal for a 2010 Civic LX.
    I was offered a 229 monthly payment, 12000 miles, 36 months. Cap cost is 18597,
    Residual is 12043. Due at signing is 2149 includes cap reduction, taxes, tags and fees.
    What do you all think?
    Guy
    You're welcome, msmaclav. The $750 dealer cash that Honda is providing on the Civic is only good on 2009 models. There's no cash on the '10s yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashgautamashgautam Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am looking to buy or lease 2009 or 2010 Honda Civic LX. Does Honda have any rebates available for these cars for october? If so, what are those?
    thanks
  • mjme2mjme2 Member Posts: 1
    I just signed a lease for a 2010 Honda Civic EX coupe- and want to know if I really got the deal the seller was selling:

Payments are $170/month, with $2000 out of pocket (includes tax title & fees)... (along w/ the $750 they gave me for my beautiful 99 saab (132k/m and needs a whole new exhaust system @ $1000). The lease is 12k/miles 36 months.
    They gave me the ol' well you'll be the 20th car sold today and it's Columbus w/e so we can give you a great deal schpeal... and I bought it. I was really just going for a test drive.

However what made me sign was seeing a current offer on the internet at automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx which offer a 2009 LX for $1999 down and $199/month (same lease terms).

How did I do? Thanks in advance either way!
  • thebigdaddyethebigdaddye Member Posts: 6
    2010 civic LX-S sedan. priced at $17,122. i was going to purchase but decided to lease. 36 months @ $ 223 with $443.86 due upfront/at signing. i pick it up tomorrow as they had to get the color i wanted from another dealer. i could have purchased for $18,706 otd. most places wanted $18,200 before taxes/title ect.. so i feel i got a good deal.
  • nikinnickynikinnicky Member Posts: 17
    Hello!
    What do you think abt Honda's current lease on the Civic VP?
    Thanks ;)

2010 Civic Sedan VP Featured Special Lease
    $169.00 per month for 36 months. $2,499.00 total due at signing.
    Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.
    Show Details
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2010 Civic DX-VP Automatic Transmission (Model FA1F3AEW) for $169.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,735.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,499.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 9/23/2009 through 11/2/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2010 Civic DX-VP Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model FA1F3AEW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $17,915.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $15,563.68. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $6,084.00. Option to purchase at lease end $10,749.00. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • endlsskysendlsskys Member Posts: 1
    I am leasing a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe with Navigation System and Bluetooth. Basically some nice bells and whistles. I noticed over the last few month though I need a much bigger car as I carry art and some will not fit in the car. I have been leasing for a year is possible to upgrade to a bigger car. What are the penalties? Do they perform another credit check? I live in dallas texas. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    JH
  • starks33starks33 Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman, looking for the MF and residual value on a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX, 12000 miles, 3 years, in the DC area. No navigation, or anything like that. If you happen to have the #'s for the 2010 model as well, for the sake of comparison, that'd be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you very much!
    Hi ashgautam. In October, Honda is providing $750 dealer cash on the 2009 Civic that is compatible with both its special financing and special lease programs. It is not yet providing any cash on the 2010 Civic.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi endlsskys. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your Civic lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello starks33. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Honda Civic Coupe EX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00186 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00186 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • njpcdrivernjpcdriver Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

We just got this quote by a dealer in northern New Jersey for a 2009 LX sedan with auto trans:

$1000 down at lease signing, $243/mo. for 36 months (with 12k mi/yr) including all taxes and fees.

We had started looking for an EX sedan but when the dealers came back with monthly payment amounts of $287 to $300, we decided to scale down to the LX sedan. Are these guys just trying to pull the ol' swindle? :confuse:

Seeing the other posts on this board, I don't think our offer is so good anymore. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    njpcdriver, where in NJ do you live? Depending on where you live and if you're willing to travel (who knows, you could be around the corner), I can help you get the best deal possible. One of my best friends works for DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ and between myself, my family, friends, and random people I've met on here, we have leased / purchased 12 (and counting...) Honda's from him in the past year. It's almost comical how much I help him out. I only ask from him in return is to refer customers to me if they need a Mercedes-Benz so we have a great relationship! I am more than willing to help out a fellow New Jerseyian (I'd help out people from other states, but it seems like they'd rather stay in-state). Seems the $243.00 for 36-months, 12,000 Miles per Year with $1,000 Total out of Pocket seems a tad high based on the Residual and MF that CarMan has listed and they could go a little lower. My friend will beat that no problem. He doesn't play any games. Contact me if you need help in getting the 09 Civic LX you'd like. Take care!
    :) njpcdriver, that seems high to me as well. i just leased a 2010 civic LX-S for $223.86 @35 months i paid the first months lease payment plus tags ect.. for a total of $443.36 due at my signing. i know the LX is priced about $1000 less then the LX-s is so you should be able to get the lx at a slightly lower payment and little to no money down like i did. i have found getting an internet price quote for purchasing from several dealers is the best way to go. that's what i did, i got price quotes from 5 dealers the lowest offer i got was $17,122 with tax title ect the OTD price was $18,500. most places wanted 18,200 before tax and title ect.. best thing to do is shop around and get the final price on paper so you don't get hosed at signing. good luck
    thebigdaddye,

You were right - it was high so I went back to them and pushed for a better offer (thanks!) - here is what they came back with for the 2009 LX sedan:

Price $16,040
    Cap cost: $0
    Money factor: .00186
    36 months with 12,000 miles per year = $229.43 per month with $1,258.43 total due at signing.

The monthly payment matches your payment, but why the difference in the down payment?? :confuse:
    Thanks for your reply ghetto2315 - I'll keep him in mind in case I get nowhere with the people I'm dealing with now!! :)
    njpcdriver, that still seems a little high specially the amount down,plus it's a 2009 which i think has a $750 cash i believe to use towards the down payment. mine is a 2010 LX-S which is a step up from the LX. of course i don't know your credit rating or if your area is slightly higher for car prices. $229 a month is not bad ,but i wouldn't put that much down ($1,200+) try to keep it at or around $500 which should include the first month payment. keep at them and call around don't make a deal unless your totally happy and make sure everything is in writing
    njpcdriver, no problem. I'm more than happy to help!
    Just a little follow-up on the final outcome:

We decided to go with the 2009 Civic LX lease with $900 down and $232 a month. We didn't really have the time to haggle with the dealer anymore, so I put an end to the back and forth with the above numbers. Overall, the experience we had was good so no complaints here. :D

Thanks guys!!!
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Car man,

Can you please give me the Residual and Money Factors on the following 2 cars? I am trying to figure out a lease for 36 months/15,000 miles.

2010 Honda Civic LX Automatic Coupe

2010 Honda Civic EX Automatic Coupe

I am turning in a 2007 Honda Accord with the lease ending in December so I am pretty sure that I quality for the super-preferred term as a returning American Honda Finance customer.

Thanks!!
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Dear Car-Man would you know what are current lease rates residual/MF on 3 year, 30-36K miles lease on Civic Si, Sedan Vs Coupe without Nav, and Insight Ex with and without Nav?

Seems like there is model change on civics next year?
  • cog7cog7 Member Posts: 2
    thebigdaddye, your deal sounds great!
    I just leased a 2010 Civic LX-S in Brooklyn, NY for $226 including taxes/30 months, with 1499 down (includes all fees and the first month payment). Before I read your post I thought it was good! I tried to find out the price of the car but the dealer kept telling me it doesn't matter and that he could put any price down but that would change money factor, at the same time he refused to tell me what the money factor was. He told me I got Tier 1 credit (whatever that means) and that I am getting the car for a total of 18,405 but it was not anywhere in the papers. The residual factor is about 13k. I keep thinking that I got ripped off and got the car for MSRP, am I wrong? Also, the dealer told me that the car total price makes no difference and that all I am buying is monthly payments but it doesn't feel right. What do you think? Thanks!
  • pfxf27pfxf27 Member Posts: 1
    The offer is $2500 down and $170 per month (includes tax, title and fees) 30 months 12,000 miles.

I feel like I can do better. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance.
  • benzlover1benzlover1 Member Posts: 5
    I leased a Civic LX sedan for $175 a month (including tax) for 30 months (12,000 miles per year). No down payment, just tax, title license and registration fees and the first months payment, which amounted to about 900 dollars.
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    Dear car-man or others what is the best lease, finance or price deal on honda civic si sedan? We are debating whether to get current or wait for 2011 coming out in summer of 09.
This discussion has been closed.